PDA

View Full Version : Folks the economy is going to hell

Johnnybags
08-14-2007, 02:42 PM
in a handbasket, if you hear anyone complaining tell them about Ron. Looks like his timing in running is impeccable, during a crisis of confidence and waning markets and liquidity. He will attract many who are fed up with all government spending and beauracracy from both sides. Sentinel hedgies just froze redemptions. Its really unprecedented and most companies are actually as broke as the FEDS.

michaelwise
08-14-2007, 02:51 PM
in a handbasket, if you hear anyone complaining tell them about Ron. Looks like his timing in running is impeccable, during a crisis of confidence and waning markets and liquidity. He will attract many who are fed up with all government spending and beauracracy from both sides. Sentinel hedgies just froze redemptions. Its really unprecedented and most companies are actually as broke as the FEDS.
The collapse has only just begun. I'm now reading news stories where state tax revenues are dropping like a rock. Florida sales tax revenue down 1 billion dollars so far this year. California has a large drop in revenues as well. Are you aware of just how much states spending contributes to GDP. I don't have the exact figure but, it's quite significant. Unlike the federal government, state governments must have balanced budgets, according to their constitutions.

nullvalu
08-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Unlike the federal government, state governments must have balanced budgets, according to their constitutions.

interesting.. then why are so many states (like illinois) in deep debt?

michaelwise
08-14-2007, 02:59 PM
interesting.. then why are so many states (like illinois) in deep debt? Because their voters allowed bond sales to make up for shortfalls.

jaybone
08-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Because they IGNORE their constitutions, just like they ignore the laws then themselves create.
New Jersey is by far the worst offender, my young mortgage is looking more and more like an albatross around my throat everyday.
And of course, NJ is the pinnacle of corruption and above-the-law politics.

Please people, get out of the USD as much as possible.
I'm in precious metals, Canadian dollar and swiss franc right now.
I fear that this blowup is not going to leave any corner untouched,
I fear it is going to eventually bring widespread ruin and resulting chaos,
and ultimately the Amero and the NAU.

I becomes clearer to me every day that this whole thing is a LONG CON, by the global money elite, carried out over decades, bit by bit, false flag by false flag, to destroy the middle class of the WORLD.
The rich have the power, the poor never will, the middle has to be destroyed.

Let me tell you, it all coming to a head right now, and I am scared shitless.

Dustancostine
08-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Because they IGNORE their constitutions, just like they ignore the laws then themselves create.
New Jersey is by far the worst offender, my young mortgage is looking more and more like an albatross around my throat everyday.
And of course, NJ is the pinnacle of corruption and above-the-law politics.

Please people, get out of the USD as much as possible.
I'm in precious metals, Canadian dollar and swiss franc right now.
I fear that this blowup is not going to leave any corner untouched,
I fear it is going to eventually bring widespread ruin and resulting chaos,
and ultimately the Amero and the NAU.

I becomes clearer to me every day that this whole thing is a LONG CON, by the global money elite, carried out over decades, bit by bit, false flag by false flag, to destroy the middle class of the WORLD.
The rich have the power, the poor never will, the middle has to be destroyed.

Let me tell you, it all coming to a head right now, and I am scared shitless.

Well if that happens we will have to have a révolution instead of a revolution.

--Dustan

Bob Cochran
08-14-2007, 04:36 PM
This crisis has been building for a long time, but only recently has revealed itself for all to see.

And it IS only the beginning.

I'm not doom-saying, I'm just stating the plain truth.

Original_Intent
08-14-2007, 04:56 PM
Yep. Keep your powder dry, folks.

aravoth
08-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Yep. Keep your powder dry, folks.

indeed.

But yes, as others have said, this is nothing. The rock is rolling down the hill right now, wait till that thing goes flying off the cliff though. It'll wipe out the entire middle class in a few years. I'm not even close to kidding either.

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-14-2007, 06:06 PM

Hook
08-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Or maybe the finaciers will play a few more shell games and sleight of hands and stave off the panic for 10 more years. It has to happen eventually, but no one knows when. Meanwhile, don't live your life every day like it's the end of the world or you will never enjoy life.

fsk
08-14-2007, 08:10 PM
It'll wipe out the entire middle class in a few years.

Have you considered the possibility that the middle class is being wiped out ON PURPOSE? The middle class plays a vital role in stabilizing the political and economic system.

Have you considered the possibility that the people secretly pulling the strings *WANT* the current economic and political system to collapse?

ShaneC
08-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Have you considered the possibility that the middle class is being wiped out ON PURPOSE? The middle class plays a vital role in stabilizing the political and economic system.

Have you considered the possibility that the people secretly pulling the strings *WANT* the current economic and political system to collapse?

I know I have.

I keep meaning to write something up regarding "the war on the middle class" - but that title has already been taken.

In short - we (the middle class) get brought into a world where we have the means to get by, but not enough to get ahead. Meanwhile, as we struggle to get ahead, we get more "offers" to acquire more debt that tend to appeal to us - anything from Morgatage Loan teaser rates to Student Loans for virtually worthless degrees.

WannaBfree
08-14-2007, 09:59 PM

The Problem-Reaction-Solution paradigm.
Collapse the dollar - "oh government please save us!" - Amero.