PDA

View Full Version : What I did for Ron Paul today.

Dustancostine
08-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Lets start a thread about what we have done today:

Last night at 1:00 am while driving back from Ames, I was listening to Texas Overnight on AM 1080 out of Dallas. It was open lines night, so I called and talked about my straw poll experience and RP's impressive numbers.

Today I have been working with my meetup members to get to Houston tomorrow for a "Friends of Ron Paul" meeting to discuss precinct delegates.

I have also signed up today to be a team leader for the Call Texas program for my meetup group.

--Dustan

jblosser
08-14-2007, 02:42 PM
The DFW groups are hitting the Hannity Freedom Concert in about 20 minutes. Should be fun.

AlexAmore
08-14-2007, 02:42 PM
I wished this world I lived in was a dream and I willed myself to wake up.

I'm gonna try again tomorrow.

Dustancostine
08-14-2007, 02:43 PM
The DFW groups are hitting the Hannity Freedom Concert in about 20 minutes. Should be fun.

Awesome let me know how it goes.

--Dustan

McDermit
08-14-2007, 03:00 PM
I haven't left my house yet today..

I did find a few people to hit up the Camden NJ Ozzfest through the Philly meetup though. I sent their Ozzfest flyers out with my mailman this morning, so they'll all get them in time for the big day. Got a few dudes wanting to hand them out at various other shows in Camden and Philly as well.. so that should help boost support a bit.

And I got my blue RP pens today. They look awesome, and should be a hit with our meetup members and at the fair. The meetup is considering doing a voter registration drive, where it's sort of a "register to vote and keep the pen you used to fill out the form" gimmick. The pens all have RP's name, Hope For America, and www.RonPaul2008.com on them. They're cute.

belian78
08-14-2007, 03:04 PM
contacted the local mission today to set up a donations drive organized by my local meetup group. sorta like the "spam drive" that was pulled off so excellently recently. :D hopefully ours will be just as successfull.

pennycat
08-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Heading to the Young Republicans meeting with some other RP meetup members. I'm a little to old for this but support what the other members are doing;-)

Tn...Andy
08-14-2007, 03:11 PM
I talked to two of my friends that had never heard of him. 20 min each.

Yesterday, I put up 20 signs around the county.

DeadheadForPaul
08-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Got my brother to put a Ron Paul bumpersticker on his car
Joined a county GOP group

wgadget
08-14-2007, 03:14 PM
I'll be attending my meetup group tonight for more orders from headquarters.

nullvalu
08-14-2007, 03:16 PM
went to the local grocery store, posted a Ron Paul slimjim on the bulliten board and left a few stacks around the store, like next to where they put the flyers for in-store sales.

inibo
08-14-2007, 03:32 PM
Wore my button to work. Some one asked about it. I gave them a slim-jim. Saw his eyes light up a few times. Will follow up as time permits.

Called HQ in Arlington and offered to volunteer a few hours in the evenings the rest of this week.

nullvalu
08-14-2007, 03:35 PM
...oh have also converted like.. 2.5 people at work.. :D

Mr. White
08-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Donated, called some friends, emailed some others, researched GOP in my county., signed on to call Texans for the upcoming straw poll.

Dominic
08-14-2007, 03:43 PM
Convinced my wife's Texas Aunt to be a supporter.

One thing, though, that I've been having trouble with is getting people to understand the need to support him in the primaries, and not just wait to see what happens after that.

retrorepublican
08-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Went with a friend down to the local county GOP HQ and volunteered for them. We founded a Republican Youth group for my town. Also, registered as a Republican for 2008.

Marshall
08-14-2007, 03:55 PM
I went to work to earn money to give to RP.

jblosser
08-14-2007, 07:31 PM
Awesome let me know how it goes.

--Dustan

It was really good! Lots of honking cars, way more thumbs up than thumbs down. Even most of the thumbs down were grinning at us, we just cheered louder at them. We only had a few angry faces and middle fingers. The best was a lady who did a really fake point-and-laugh at us, that cracked everyone up. Yeah, it was pretty light-hearted and positive, even with some naysayers. :-) I would have loved to get bumper stickers to the cars that were honking but only a couple of them stopped long enough.

The cops showed up a few times, they mentioned someone must really hate Ron Paul because they kept calling to complain. The cops were nice though, they kept telling us they saw no problem as long as we didn't wave signs in front of traffic on the road or anything. One of them that looked around for a while asked if "this was some kind of campaign", so we sent him away with a slimjim.

A freelance reporter that was showing up to cover the Hannity event ended up staying by us and interviewing most of us. Hopefully he sells a story or two off of it.

We also had some guy show up who wasn't even from TX, he was in the area after being at Ames and came out.

robatsu
08-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Helped spread the word about the DC area birthday signwaving and flyover (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/376/calendar/6179479/)for RP's birthday. Have several people committed, with still a week to go.

Ron Paul Fan
08-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Well, for the most part I've been protecting the forum from trolls today. How can we continue to spread the message elsewhere if we're being attacked here at home? We're stretched too thin and I have volunteered to stay back on the homefront to defend us. So I did that at my computer at work while talking to a few people about Ron Paul and earning money to donate. Didn't do too much else today because I don't want to expend too much energy at once and so soon in the process. Ron Paul said himself that this is a marathon not a sprint, and I follow his word as much as humanly possible.

DjLoTi
08-14-2007, 08:28 PM
Specifically for Ron, I haven't done much. All I do now-a-days is radio station, radio station, radio station, which is all about uniting people and helping spread the message of freedom and liberty...

Made a couple calls, made a couple emails.. might get the PA area's meetup group to have a show...

And, Thursday, we're getting a major facelift ( http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12289 ). We're going to broadcast Ron's message 24/7 so he doesn't have to. We're on the verge of being a major tool of communication in the intahweb :) ...

Mani
08-14-2007, 08:29 PM
I did some ebids on a bunch of really cheap Ron Paul R3volution banners. I should win a few of them tomorrow and they'll be in the mail soon.

I received my 5 Ron Paul window stickers this evening, I'll be handing those out tomorrow and will make sure there will be 5 cars with Ron Paul stickers on them.

Also tried to recruit some more volunteers for the sign event in Miami, and browsed a bit for some inexpensive but good quality Ron Paul for President signs.

inibo
08-14-2007, 08:50 PM
I went to work to earn money to give to RP.

We need lots of that. It's not flashy, but it is very, very important.

xRedfoxx
08-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Since this weekend, I sent out about 500 stickers, talked to guy and church and made a convert (to RP), and made a couple of new RP movies:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Redfox1969

mavtek
08-14-2007, 09:49 PM
Went to the Hannity Freedom concert with about 25 other RP supporters and held up signs and shouted Ron Paul at the attendees. Also handed out some flyers, told them to google RON PAUL!

inibo
08-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Helped spread the word about the DC area birthday signwaving and flyover (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/376/calendar/6179479/)for RP's birthday. Have several people committed, with still a week to go.

Sorry I'm going to miss that. I don't get off work till 6:00.

jmarinara
08-14-2007, 10:21 PM
I talked my neo-con friend into considering voting for Paul

Sematary
08-14-2007, 11:06 PM
I didn't do anything today because my daughter was visiting me but tomorrow I'm going to the local walmart parking lot and distributing slimjims and the day after I'm going to a major grocery chain parking lot and distributing slimjims and on Friday, more of the same and on Monday - OZZFEST. I have 10,000 fliers designed just for this type of event along with thousands of slimjims (for the parents) and two boxes of bumper stickers that I intend to get on cars in my area before too long (no, I won't violate people's vehicles). I'll ask them if they would be interested in having one.

danda
08-14-2007, 11:16 PM
I started this blog for the Online Rally (http://blog.ronpaulplanet.org).

Actually, its not 100% ready yet, and this is the first publication of said blog. :-)

AMack
08-14-2007, 11:20 PM
I made two more Ron Paul banners to put up over the highway (8x4 each) and created the stencils that I'm going to use to make banners when i go back to school (6x2 each) and spread the word around campus.

Sematary
08-14-2007, 11:22 PM
I started this blog for the Online Rally (http://blog.ronpaulplanet.org).

Actually, its not 100% ready yet, and this is the first publication of said blog. :-)

What about out in the "real world?"
What are you doing out THERE?

CMoore
08-14-2007, 11:29 PM
Over the past couple of weeks I have stopped and given material to people who were protesting the war. I was driving behind a guy with some pro second amendment bumper stickers on his truck. When we got stopped at a light, I pulled up beside him and gave him some literature. Today I saw a guy with pro life bumper sticker on his car in the parking lot. I gave him some literature. I am going to attend a local straw poll this weekend. Earlier, I went to a gun show and handed out literature to folks.

jblosser
08-14-2007, 11:31 PM
What about out in the "real world?"
What are you doing out THERE?

Considering that rally was the original source for the recent Ames Tribune ad that got tons of attention, that challenge is better directed at other people than danda. :-)

Sematary
08-14-2007, 11:35 PM
Considering that rally was the original source for the recent Ames Tribune ad that got tons of attention, that challenge is better directed at other people than danda. :-)

Gotcha. Good job, Danda. It is mucho appreciado.