PDA

View Full Version : Woody Jenkins RP Republican?

Ronin
02-19-2008, 01:29 PM
I just got an email from Richard Viguerie touting Woody Jenkins for LA-6. Anyone hear d or know anything about this guy?

From the email...

To this day I’m proud of my association with Ron Paul.

I’m equally proud of my association with Woody Jenkins, who is running for Congress in a special election just three weeks away.

I hope you’ll join me in supporting Woody Jenkins:

https://www.digitaldonation.com/donate.aspx?campid=1277

I’ve known Woody Jenkins for about as long as I’ve known Dr. Paul – roughly 35 years.

Woody is widely considered one of the brightest, most articulate conservative leaders in the country.

And when I learned he was running for Congress I thought it was too good to be true.

Woody earned a national reputation while serving for 28 years in the Louisiana statehouse.

He ran for the U.S. Senate in 1996 against Democratic Senator Mary Landrieu. The razor-thin election – marred by massive New Orleans vote fraud – is considered by many to have been stolen.

In 2000, he returned to private life in Baton Rouge, where he served as CEO of a television station and as a newspaper executive.

But now he’s back!

That’s good news for everyone who cares about slashing the size, cost and power of the federal government.

Woody Jenkins is running against three GOP opponents in the March 8 primary for Louisiana’s 6th District seat.

This seat is currently vacant because Republican Rep. Richard Baker resigned Feb. 2 to accept a job in the financial industry.

Please make a donation today to help elect this principled advocate of constitutional government!

Like Ron Paul, Woody has the potential to make a real difference in the cause of freedom.

In fact, he already has.

A political prodigy who was elected to the Louisiana Legislature at age 24, Woody authored more than 300 major bills that were enacted into law. While serving in the statehouse from 1972 to 2000 he:

* Authored tax-cutting legislation that saved Louisiana residents more than $3 billion.

* Drafted sweeping pro-life legislation that has been used as a model in state after state.

* Drafted much of the Louisiana Declaration of Rights in what is now the Louisiana Constitution. Today this state constitution contains some of the strongest protections for human rights and property rights in the country.

Isn’t that the kind of legislation you’d like to see on the national level?

Then click here to make a donation right now:

Like Ron Paul, Woody’s not a go-along, get-along Establishment Republican.

And like “Dr. No,” he doesn’t mind being the only one voting “NO” on legislation that has NO constitutional authority.

As I’ve said before, the single most important thing missing in our movement today is leadership.

One great leader can persuade dozens of his colleagues to vote the right way – for the right reason. He can help other supporters of limited, constitutional government get elected by raising money and campaigning for them. He can articulate our message in a way that captures hearts and minds of Americans nationwide.

That’s exactly how the election of one small-government Congressman can affect you, even if you live 1,000 miles from Louisiana.

Electing one more “Ron Paul” to Congress can help achieve our mission of cutting your taxes; paring back the welfare state; securing our borders; rooting out waste, fraud and abuse; restoring Constitutional government; and appointing more strict constructionists to our federal courts.

Isn’t that what you want? Then please make a generous donation to Woody Jenkins.

He needs your help to keep his radio and TV ads on the air during the final weeks of this campaign.

Make no mistake: With your support Woody Jenkins can win. The latest poll among likely GOP voters shows Woody leading all three of his GOP rivals.

The problem is he has several well-heeled opponents who are expected to “turn their guns” on him. And he must be prepared to respond!

Without a quick infusion of cash to keep his TV ads on the air, Woody’s lead could evaporate over the next three weeks.

I’ve already made a large donation to Woody Jenkins for Congress and I’m asking you to do the same. The maximum gift is $2,300 per person ($4,600 for a married couple).

One more thing: Please don’t wait until the last minute to contribute, or it may be too late. In order to lock up radio and TV airtime, Woody’s campaign needs to pay in advance. So a donation sent today is far more valuable than one sent next week.

Please make a generous donation to Woody Jenkins’ campaign, so Ron Paul and the other true conservatives in Congress can make an even bigger impact.

His election could be the start of something big – and you can play a role in it.

Thank you,

Richard A. Vigueri

yongrel
02-19-2008, 01:38 PM
I know nothing about this Woody jenkins character, but I don't trust Richard Viguerie at all.

yankee_blue
02-19-2008, 01:44 PM
Jenkins, though conservative, is not a RP Republican.

WilliamC
02-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Jenkins, though conservative, is not a RP Republican.

Aside from being willing to associate with Ron Paul's good name what is the defining issue that separates a "true Conservative" (of the Goldwater/Reagan variety) from a Ron Paul Republican?

I'm thinking it is the position that competing currencies be legalized and that the Federal Reserve should eventually abolished.

yankee_blue
02-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Aside from being willing to associate with Ron Paul's good name what is the defining issue that separates a "true Conservative" (of the Goldwater/Reagan variety) from a Ron Paul Republican?

I'm thinking it is the position that competing currencies be legalized and that the Federal Reserve should eventually abolished.

Good question. First of all this Vigurie fellow that sent out the email is an opportunist touting Woody Jenkins. If memory serves correctly he is one of the ones that ran on the PL/PF ballot that screwed everything up in LA.

Jenkins is another neocon. Pro-War. Would never seriously cut a tax. And stands nowhere near Paul on the Fed or competing currencies. Jenkins is better than what we have now (Mary Landreiu) But is not Ron Paul.

The Lantern
02-19-2008, 03:01 PM
I just got an email from Richard Viguerie touting Woody Jenkins for LA-6. Anyone hear d or know anything about this guy?

From the email...

Just goes to show you the Viguerie was just building a list using Ron Paul as the catalyst.

yongrel
02-19-2008, 03:08 PM
Just goes to show you the Viguerie was just building a list using Ron Paul as the catalyst.

Yup. It sucks that it turned out that way.

02-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Nobody will doubt Viguerie's list-building on the sly, but I am sure this fellow warrants looking into.

egarris
02-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Don't be fooled. Woody Jenkins was one of the coordinators of the McCain effort at the caucuses.
http://www.redstate.com/blogs/matpru...caucus_edition

Those who worked on the caucus effort may remember that Jenkins was out there campaigning against Ron Paul.

yankee_blue
02-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Nobody will doubt Viguerie's list-building on the sly, but I am sure this fellow warrants looking into.

No more than, say Bush, or McCain...