PDA

View Full Version : Young Voters for Ron Paul to run television ads

tsopranos
08-14-2007, 02:31 PM
http://www.people4paul.com/

Via ...Gordon Unleashed (http://gordonunleashed.com/blog/2007/08/14/young-voters-for-ron-paul-to-run-television-ads/)

tsopranos
08-14-2007, 02:41 PM
bumpidy bump

Dustancostine
08-14-2007, 02:45 PM
link does not work

tsopranos
08-14-2007, 02:48 PM
link does not work

I just double-checked them. Both are working for me.

Lord Xar
08-14-2007, 02:52 PM

cac1963
08-14-2007, 02:53 PM
Doesn't work for me either. But my cable internet has slowed to 10 kbps over the last two days so it could be on my end (or my ISP's).

Lord Xar
08-14-2007, 02:55 PM
I saw it.. not much of a commercial. Just a cute girl saying we can get out of the war.... hmmmm..

Dustancostine
08-14-2007, 03:22 PM
I doubt they will be able to use that anyways with Rachel working for Paul in Washington now.

rodent
08-14-2007, 03:47 PM
I saw it.. not much of a commercial. Just a cute girl saying we can get out of the war.... hmmmm..

I appreciate her efforts, but she thinks too highly of herself if she thinks she's national commercial material.

She'd need real professional make-up artists and better lightning. Her current commercial makes her look like a web-cam girl who turns the contrast way up to hide facial blemishes.

The commercial is amateurish at best. It's like when you watch cable TV and see the local commercials versus the national commercials. The national ones always look so much better and cleanly produced, whereas the local ones are almost always pure cheese -- kinda like most car dealer spots.

Is Ron Paul a local car dealer, or is he national material? The commercial should reflect his ability to compete on a national level.

Thom1776
08-14-2007, 04:00 PM
That's gonna be a big waste of money.

Here's my idea for a much more effective ad:

Setting: outdoors, daytime, nice weather, field with green grass, trees, just a nice, outdoor setting. I'd start with a closeup of her face, about the same size as that in the video. The camera slowly zooms out. As the camera zooms out, we see that she is wearing a Ron Paul tee shirt. She is standing front and center of a large crowd of very diverse people, all wearing Ron Paul tee shirts. There are large signs and banners in the back of the crowd and people in front are holding smaller signs at a lower level. The whole scene looks just like any sign waving rally.

The camera point of view is from above. The zoom stops once the entire crowd is in frame at about 19 seconds and holds on the crowd for 4 seconds.

The girl is doing her spiel the whole time. She has to do it in 23 seconds. Then fade to a portrait shot of Ron Paul with the words "Ron Paul" behind and above him. The words "Hope For America" fade in on the bottom of the screen as a voice over is saying: "Ron Paul: Hope For America" with all the legal fine print at the very bottom of the screen.

And if a verbal credit is required, put it quickly at the very start of the ad.