PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Walk

pwnsey
08-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Hello.

I was thinking the other night about how we could get media coverage for Ron Paul and the ideas he believes in. I thought of many ideas, including signs, flyer handouts, etc. All these ideas are great, but one idea stood out. I propose that we organize a county/statewide Liberty walk. We can get the permit to do this by contacting the city hall or ACLU. There are plenty of Ron Paul supporters so we can make this HUGE. The idea is to have a peaceful protest/walk to promote liberty and Ron Paul. There is no way the mainstream media will be able to shun out the massive support for Ron Paul that we will receive because of this walk.

What do we need to do?
• Plan a location in a populous place.
• Contact the City and obtain a permit.
• Flood all news agencies with information on where/when the walk is to be held.
• Promote the walk on the internet and on college campuses.
• Make enough signs so everyone can have one.
• Contact members of the campaign and see if they are available to give a speech.

How this will help the campaign:
• Spread the word about the Ron Paul Freedom Message.
• Show the large amount of support this message gets.
• Get media coverage!

I would like to see these events in all states! Get this together so we can win this election!

gtjwkq
08-14-2007, 02:29 PM
This is a great initiative.

Don't forget to shout some clever lines (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12081) about Ron Paul along the way!

How about hiring a band? Stars and stripes, national anthem, etc., anything traditionally american would fit perfectly with the freedom message.

ghemminger
08-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Great idea. Check out my Blog and thread...I'll add you to the growing Walk 4 Ron Paul Movement:)

ghemminger
08-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Hello.

I was thinking the other night about how we could get media coverage for Ron Paul and the ideas he believes in. I thought of many ideas, including signs, flyer handouts, etc. All these ideas are great, but one idea stood out. I propose that we organize a county/statewide Liberty walk. We can get the permit to do this by contacting the city hall or ACLU. There are plenty of Ron Paul supporters so we can make this HUGE. The idea is to have a peaceful protest/walk to promote liberty and Ron Paul. There is no way the mainstream media will be able to shun out the massive support for Ron Paul that we will receive because of this walk.

What do we need to do?
• Plan a location in a populous place.
• Contact the City and obtain a permit.
• Flood all news agencies with information on where/when the walk is to be held.
• Promote the walk on the internet and on college campuses.
• Make enough signs so everyone can have one.
• Contact members of the campaign and see if they are available to give a speech.

How this will help the campaign:
• Spread the word about the Ron Paul Freedom Message.
• Show the large amount of support this message gets.
• Get media coverage!

I would like to see these events in all states! Get this together so we can win this election!

PM me your plan and I will add you to the blog!

pwnsey
08-14-2007, 04:27 PM
I'll write a more detaed plan when I get home. Keep leaving suggestions.

pwnsey
08-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Liberty Rally Plan
Where: Nationwide.
Why: To get people to stand up for their liberties and not allow the government to rationalize them away. Also this will be a good time to spread the word about Ron Paul and hopefully get media coverage.
How:
• Get a permit from City Hall to hold a peaceful demonstration.
• Contact all news authorities and spread the word about the demonstration.
• Spread the word to the people of your local area.
What we need:
• Permit.
• Powerful speeches.
• Motivated people.
• Ron Paul signs, slim-jims, flyers, and copies of the constitution to hand out.
• Music; probably a band.
• A safe environment.
What we hope to accomplish: We hope to spread the freedom message to all Americans. This event will bring together the kind of freedom-loving people that we need the support of to help win office in 2008. The event should also get a good amount of media coverage, the kind of coverage we have been waiting for since the start of the campaign. Our efforts will rally the people to help support the grassroots campaign.