PDA

View Full Version : We are in big trouble, read this article.

Hoover Dog 1957
02-19-2008, 11:58 AM
The article pretty much says it all. Especially notice how those polled think the Federal Reserve is the last problem with our economy.

Who deserves most of the blame for the economy's troubles?

More than half - 56 percent - pointed the finger at mortgage lenders. Forty-four percent said Bush deserves a lot of the blame. After that come Congress, Wall Street, consumers themselves and in last place the Federal Reserve.

The Fed has the public's confidence that it will be able to right the economy.

http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,161719,00.html?ESRC=dod.nl

The sad thing about this is if we recover Americans will believe all this and if we go down the tubes the government will increase its grip on our lives. It is a lose, lose situation.

Banana
02-19-2008, 12:01 PM
Not really. I'm hopeful that if Paul is the president, MSM will have no choice but to listen to him explain how Reserve deserves the blame and turn over the public opinion.

Hoover Dog 1957
02-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Did you not read the article? How do you expect Ron Paul to be elected when the American people, by a landslide amount, do not agree with his policies. Don't you understand why he only gets 5% in any polls or in primary elections? It is because the people of this country are ignorant of the facts. Look at the numbers in this article that would approve of any of his policies. It is hopeless. It will take many years to change public opinion. My point is that no matter what happens we are just buying time to an inevitable destruction of our country. If the economy recovers we are just buying time and the people approve more of the status quo. If the economy gets worse, the government gets more control and that control never reverses, because the people seem to always turn to government for bailouts. Don't you see the federal government will eventually chip away little by little until our liberties, sovereignty, currency, and freedom will be under their total control. We are being taxed into slavery to the federal government at best and will be thrown into wars and turmoil that could eventually destroy our country as we once knew it.

WilliamC
02-19-2008, 12:24 PM
Did you not read the article? How do you expect Ron Paul to be elected when the American people, by a landslide amount, do not agree with his policies. Don't you understand why he only gets 5% in any polls or in primary elections? It is because the people of this country are ignorant of the facts. Look at the numbers in this article that would approve of any of his policies. It is hopeless. It will take many years to change public opinion. My point is that no matter what happens we are just buying time to an inevitable destruction of our country. If the economy recovers we are just buying time and the people approve more of the status quo. If the economy gets worse, the government gets more control and that control never reverses, because the people seem to always turn to government for bailouts. Don't you see the federal government will eventually chip away little by little until our liberties, sovereignty, currency, and freedom will be under their total control. We are being taxed into slavery to the federal government at best and will be thrown into wars and turmoil that could eventually destroy our country as we once knew it.

As hard as it is to hear, the only solution is to keep winning people one voter at a time.

If it's not enough then it's not enough, but I'm not going to be the one who starts or calls for a change to more drastic methods to right our Country.

I'm still naive enough to try to work within the system.

raiha
02-19-2008, 12:32 PM
Well maybe "The Creature from Jeckyll Island" should be bought and put into libraries; Griffin needs to do tours of secondary schools giving talks; theatrical groups need to put on plays about the Fed; artists need to paint it; bloggers need to blog it....and on. Revolution takes place not just politically but culturally.

slacker921
02-19-2008, 12:32 PM
nice.. way to come in and demoralize.
You did see the AP poll that went out last week, right? Where the majority of people said the number one way to fix the economy was to pull out of Iraq.
You did see what the Comptroller General of the US (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/usgovernmentcongressquit) said as he walked out of his job?

... that said.. you're right. As long as the media can convince the people that more control by the government is the solution (and not the problem) then it will be tough to convince them that Paul has the answer to the economic mess.

fedup100
02-19-2008, 12:34 PM

You are correct. The only reason the american people don't agree with his policies is because they have never heard them......the MSM intends to keep it that way. I believe we are finished too, I don't mean the Paul campaign, he still has a chance. The country is finished and out of time.

I know Paul knows this too. I also believe Paul has been threatened but he won't mention it now because he knows his followers would react, he is protecting them. Just know this, Paul knows what's up and what he is doing. We need to follow where ever he leads.

WilliamC
02-19-2008, 12:37 PM
You are correct. The only reason the american people don't agree with his policies is because they have never heard them......the MSM intends to keep it that way. I believe we are finished too, I don't mean the Paul campaign, he still has a chance. The country is finished and out of time.

I know Paul knows this too. I also believe Paul has been threatened but he won't mention it now because he knows his followers would react, he is protecting them. Just know this, Paul knows what's up and what he is doing. We need to follow where ever he leads.

Aside from the obvious fact that anyone doing what Ron Paul is doing is a target, what specifically makes you think he has been threatened?

Hoover Dog 1957
02-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Sorry, I am not here to demoralize. You cannot turn your back on reality. You have to know the truth to take the proper course of action. I just want people that understand Ron Paul's policies are in the small minority. You are right the revolution is one step at a time and one person at a time. I will never give up. I voted for Paul in 1988 and have been voting libertarian only ever since. Of course I will vote for Paul again and write him in for the general election if necessary. I have been a freedom fighter all my life and always knew I was in a small minority and I have not given up. I will go to my grave free believe me.

WilliamC
02-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Sorry, I am not here to demoralize. You cannot turn your back on reality. You have to know the truth to take the proper course of action. I just want people that understand Ron Paul's policies are in the small minority. You are right the revolution is one step at a time and one person at a time. I will never give up. I voted for Paul in 1988 and have been voting libertarian only ever since. Of course I will vote for Paul again and write him in for the general election if necessary. I have been a freedom fighter all my life and always knew I was in a small minority and I have not given up. I will go to my grave free believe me.

Yes but what have you done for the cause lately?

Joking, joking, you sound like you are doing all you can.

I wish I had something to say that was honestly optimistic.

raiha
02-19-2008, 01:06 PM
nice.. way to come in and demoralize.
He didn't demoralize. It is important to know these things. The Reality is what is demoralizing not the comments on the Reality. I found what OP said interesting.

cageybee
02-19-2008, 01:09 PM
The article pretty much says it all. Especially notice how those polled think the Federal Reserve is the last problem with our economy.

Who deserves most of the blame for the economy's troubles?

More than half - 56 percent - pointed the finger at mortgage lenders. Forty-four percent said Bush deserves a lot of the blame. After that come Congress, Wall Street, consumers themselves and in last place the Federal Reserve.

The Fed has the public's confidence that it will be able to right the economy.

http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,161719,00.html?ESRC=dod.nl

The sad thing about this is if we recover Americans will believe all this and if we go down the tubes the government will increase its grip on our lives. It is a lose, lose situation.

that's when you wish we did not have democracy.

WilliamC
02-19-2008, 01:10 PM
that's when you wish we did not have democracy.

Well we're supposed to have a Constitutional Republic for much these very same reasons.

Supposed to....

Paulitician
02-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Well, most people don't realize how big a part the Federal Reserve has played in the whole housing debacle and other economic ailments we're currently experiencing.

What I find interesting about the article is that there are contradictory notions about what has got us into this situation and what will get us out. Pretty big disconnect.

Bossobass
02-19-2008, 02:22 PM
If this election has taught me anything, it's never to believe a fucking thing polls tell us.

Fat Frank has shown us by proving it. Call it the Estate Tax and people will vote for it because they'll reason that only rich people have an estate. Call the same damned thing the Death Tax and people will vote it down, because everyone dies. The tax, by any name, affects everyone the same in both cases, just a twist of words.

What 'people' were polled? Were any of you polled? I know I've never been polled, especially when it comes to the economy. They probably 'polled' the stars of Leno's 'jay-walking' segments.

This country's economy has devolved into one which consists of 70% consumer spending. The only manufacturing that's left is in the military industrial complex. We're a bunch of banks and stocks and bonds paper pushers these days.

Bankers, stock market gamblers and bomb makers love the Fed. It feeds them cash at low interest rates and plenty of it. They don't care about inflation as long as they outpace it. They'll never turn on the Fed, even the ones who secretly despise it for what it truly is, because they make profits from it's game. Conversely, they'll evaporate without the Fed, and they know it.

I've talked to investment bankers who told me that Ron Paul is right, but that his ideas make 'people' nervous. I later got them to admit that they really meant that RP's ideas make THEM nervous, as in 'What happens to >>>ME<<< if RP abolishes the Fed?'.

What disturbs me the most is that, in the end, Ron's own supporters jumped ship, quoting vote count numbers and poll numbers on their way out the door, immediately after the first primary 'results' (Iowa and New Hampshire) were announced to the public. They bought it, hook, line and sinker.

Bosso

Naraku
02-19-2008, 02:25 PM
This should come as no surprise. The Federal Reserve is hardly mentioned and when they are they're presented like a group of cracker-jack economists crunching figures and changing a little number to help the economy and almost every time they do something helpful to business the stock market jumps and people buy more.

If people fully understood the Federal Reserve is to banking what OPEC is to oil, they would not support it so strongly.

Hoover Dog 1957
02-19-2008, 05:41 PM
I like your analogy, Federal Reserve : banking : : OPEC : oil

I will make a bumper sticker. Thanks. Probably get cut off by all the bankers in my town. LOL

GoApe4RonPaul2008
02-19-2008, 05:56 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=122385

Ron Paul proposed a new bill to end the federal reserve!
Sorry for the spam but, hey this IS important!