PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from daytona beach FL running?

gharalam
02-19-2008, 12:08 AM
I checked libertycongress and I dont think I've seen anyone , the closest was Dean Santoro I believe and he is more far south.

gregl26
02-19-2008, 12:15 AM
I checked libertycongress and I dont think I've seen anyone , the closest was Dean Santoro I believe and he is more far south.

I am close to you. I am running in district 8. That is basically Orlando up to Ocala. Get your meetup group to adopt me as your candidate and help us by raising money, writing letters to the editor, and phone banking. Thanks.

Greg Lewis
www.GregLewisforCongress.com

gharalam
02-19-2008, 01:08 AM
I am confused about the whole local level thing. Will I be able to vote if I am not in your district?
When is the elections for congress seat taking place?

I will throw this to the local meetups in deland ( not much in daytona) and best of luck to you.

life_boy
02-19-2008, 09:50 AM
If you do not live in a candidate's congressional district, you will not be able to vote for them in the congressional primaries nor the general election. But, campaign finance law allows a candidate to receive money from individuals outside of their congressional district. And of course, individuals can cross over into another Congressional District and help the campaigning efforts around that district.

gregl26
02-19-2008, 10:33 PM
I am confused about the whole local level thing. Will I be able to vote if I am not in your district?
When is the elections for congress seat taking place?

I will throw this to the local meetups in deland ( not much in daytona) and best of luck to you.

The poster above answered most of your question.

In Florida the congressional primary is August 26th. These hardly ever get much turnout. In my district only 40,000 people voted in the 2006 primary. So every bit of support we get really helps our chances. Thanks for getting the word out to your meetup.

Greg Lewis

freedom-maniac
02-20-2008, 04:56 PM
August? Wow, that's pretty close to elections. That ought to give you guys plenty of time to campaign though!