PDA

View Full Version : Southerners...

nate895
02-18-2008, 11:43 PM
These are two questions for Southerners.

1. Back before this whole Ron Paul thing started, how many of you were involved or at least supporters of the Southern Independence Movement?

2. Would you support it now if you thought there was no hope of bringing back Constitutional Government in the United States itself?

Malakai0
02-19-2008, 01:16 AM
The racial stigma associated with such southern separation movements pretty much kills ever getting it mainstream nowadays.

Man information control/edited history sucks.

Ladiliberty
02-19-2008, 01:42 AM
1. Back before this whole Ron Paul thing started, how many of you were involved or at least supporters of the Southern Independence Movement?

2. Would you support it now if you thought there was no hope of bringing back Constitutional Government in the United States itself?

Not for the reasons they support it for... I am from the south but I'm not a redneck or KKKer type... I still think when enough mexicans come here we should go there kill the federallies and claim Mexico as our new country of Free people!

rodent
02-19-2008, 07:05 AM
The racial stigma associated with such southern separation movements pretty much kills ever getting it mainstream nowadays.

Man information control/edited history sucks.

The stigma would go away if white secessionists went out of their way to make inroads into the black community.

nate895
02-19-2008, 05:34 PM
The stigma would go away if white secessionists went out of their way to make inroads into the black community.

I know, if you really think about it, and the secessionists weren't racists, blacks would be ten times better off in a free South than the current situation. They'd be able to have a much higher percentage of Congressmen, and they'd be around a third of the vote as opposed to about a sixth. They would also be better off because the Government would actually be solely focussed on the South, so crap like the Katrina fiasco wouldn't have happened because it would have destroyed much of the nation's economy, and not just a small region of a large country that could take the blow.

nate895
02-19-2008, 05:36 PM

Not for the reasons they support it for... I am from the south but I'm not a redneck or KKKer type... I still think when enough mexicans come here we should go there kill the federallies and claim Mexico as our new country of Free people!

Most of them aren't racists, though I'm sure it is probably not the case for all. Even the Vermont secessionists, who aren't exactly the most conservative people, believe they merely have the intention of restoring their interpretation of the Constitution.