PDA

View Full Version : Great new idea... quick, easy, fun, and effective - MyRonPaulStory.com

acmegeek
02-18-2008, 11:34 PM
OK, here's the short idea: A web site where you can post your Ron Paul story!

Longer version: People by nature like to read other people's stories. We are curious about others, why they choose things, why they change, etc. In my other recent post: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=121890 user Integrity asked what woke people up originally and then they briefly explained their story.

My thought is to setup some sort of site where users can submit their Ron Paul story. How did you first hear about him, were you initially skeptical, what event was "taking the red pill" for you, how has your life changed, etc. Anything from a few sentences to a couple paragraphs.

It would all be moderated and each submission must be approved. This would be a family friendly site no any profanity would be redacted. Links to personal Ron Paul related projects would be fine but other sites probably not.

Ideas? I'd also ask for a home state so people could filter the stories by state. I might have other optional information. You could enter an email address so I could contact you, but it would never be published on the site.

This could gain a lot of traction fairly quickly. We all have so many stories.

Please keep this bumped and post or PM me with ideas or suggestions. We can make this grow.

Remember a few months ago when NPR? had a questionnaire for RP supporters? There were 4000+ responses in a couple days!!!

Agora
02-18-2008, 11:48 PM
I like your idea!

acmegeek
02-19-2008, 12:56 AM
anybody else? This could be big... people love to read real stories/testimonials. We need to show people that we are their friends, neighbors. That we share the same concerns and fears and have simply seen the truth.

Thanks!

mexicanpizza
02-19-2008, 01:09 AM
Videos would be great too. It would take 2 minutes to make a short youtube video of my story.

acmegeek
02-19-2008, 11:52 AM
yes, videos would be great as well...

Is there something like this already?

Revolution9
02-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Well.. get the domain name like yesterday:D It s a wonderful idea. Very "Pump up the troops". You oughta add a rating system with negatives as well so the whiners that will inevitably make it through get shuttled down the list by readers..One vote per story, so you do not get any miscreants and their mischief holding sway.

Sam..take a look at my McCain hit piece thread.. You may know where the last couple assets I need are.. Then get the domain for the RP storeis..heh..

Best Regards
Randy

acmegeek
02-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Randy,

yes, I do have the domain... :) I like the rating idea as well. I'll look at your thread again.

Yes, this could really pump up the truth. I think we all don't realize how big, no fantastically huge of an army we are!!! People, do you realize what 10,000 or 100,000 passionate dedicated people could do? Unfortunately the very significant majority of our 275 million citizens are sheep. They are most comfortable believing the feel-good MSM, are intellectually engaged with things as deep as reality TV, and just plain and simple don't know what they don't know!!!

So yes, I'm going to make this and it will be huge. I can handle all the programming, layout, design, etc. I'm just going to need your help to spread the word, to rally the troops, to contact those who have been discouraged to show them that this is FAR FROM OVER!!!

Revolution9
02-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Randy,

yes, I do have the domain... :) I like the rating idea as well. I'll look at your thread again.

Yes, this could really pump up the truth. I think we all don't realize how big, no fantastically huge of an army we are!!! People, do you realize what 10,000 or 100,000 passionate dedicated people could do? Unfortunately the very significant majority of our 275 million citizens are sheep. They are most comfortable believing the feel-good MSM, are intellectually engaged with things as deep as reality TV, and just plain and simple don't know what they don't know!!!

So yes, I'm going to make this and it will be huge. I can handle all the programming, layout, design, etc. I'm just going to need your help to spread the word, to rally the troops, to contact those who have been discouraged to show them that this is FAR FROM OVER!!!

Put it on the intertubes and they will come. Get a few hundred stories and the site can be linked from HQ.

Best
Randy

acmegeek
02-19-2008, 05:04 PM
yes, I will do that. HQ would love this. Kinda goes along with their supporter spotlight.

What would be some good questions to ask?

- When did you first hear about Ron Paul?
- When did the light go on in your head about his message?
- What state are you in?
- What industry do you work in?
- What party were you registered as before hearing of Ron Paul?
- What grassroots projects have you started or been involved with?
- What is your favorite Ron Paul quote?

Others?

molly_pitcher
02-19-2008, 07:16 PM
Do you need hosting? I will donate space if need be.

acmegeek
02-19-2008, 09:13 PM
Molly,

Thanks, but I do have my own server. It has survived a recent slashdotting and digging...

I probably won't have this up for a few days, but I'm sure we can make it grow very quickly.

The One
02-19-2008, 09:17 PM
Great idea.

pinkmandy
02-19-2008, 09:25 PM
Neat idea!

acmegeek
02-20-2008, 05:26 PM
bump... I hope to have this up this weekend... stay tuned.

ronpaulhawaii
02-20-2008, 06:03 PM
:cool: