PDA

View Full Version : Peden VS. Paul - District 14 (Peden is winning in cash)

faisal
02-18-2008, 10:23 PM

Jeremy
02-18-2008, 10:25 PM
As of Dec. 31 when Paul had about two thousand dollars

He now has 400 times that

LandonCook
02-18-2008, 10:29 PM
I think everyone knows Peden was put up to this as another swiftboat to Paul's campaign.... I fucking hate people....

kyleAF
Wow. Chris Peden's streaming video link SUCKS! Or maybe it's just my connection.

I assume stormcommander is correct, I doubt that Peden has raised $800,000.00.

I bet you he is pissed about it, too.

Good! Screw the neo-cons!! They've screwed us!

Cowlesy
ahahahahaha.

Jeremy
02-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Wow. Chris Peden's streaming video link SUCKS! Or maybe it's just my connection.

I assume stormcommander is correct, I doubt that Peden has raised $800,000.00.

I bet you he is pissed about it, too.

Good! Screw the neo-cons!! They've screwed us!

If he ever says anything about it he'll say the money didn't come from people of the district

But even if you wanted to just count that, I bet it's still higher

hopeforamerica
02-18-2008, 10:33 PM
If that's not motivation to donate, I don't know what is!

crazyfingers
02-18-2008, 10:33 PM
Hey look he has a link to a Reason magazine article up there. Like I needed even more motivation to hate that terrible excuse for a "libertarian" publication.

Nate SY
02-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Didn't like 90% of his money come from himself? And like 9 of the other 10 from family?

Agora
02-18-2008, 10:37 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=116580&page=46

peden donated to...peden

gregl26
02-18-2008, 10:39 PM
I can not believe that they have the nerve to challenge him at home. Oh wait, they're neo-cons, nevermind lol.

ClayTrainor
02-18-2008, 10:40 PM
paul should debate peden... apparently peden sent out the request about a week ago according to his website.

I can't see a good reason as to why ron paul shouldnt debate him.

Rhys
02-18-2008, 10:47 PM
LOL did anyone else notice the British Petroleum commercial before his ad?

SwanMaiden
02-18-2008, 10:57 PM
After reading through this Peden guy's website, I cannot even begin to express the fathomless depths of my hatred for him. How dare such a lowly douchbag worm neocon sellout puppet presume to attack and slander the likes of Ron Paul, one of the greatest men alive. He slithers on his belly in the mud, hissing lies. I pray Ron stomps the !@#$% out of him on March 4th. The satisfaction I will feel will be immense.

I think the worst thing about Peden is that he is not some blind tool in all of this. From his quote regarding Ron Paul and how he is incorruptible, it is obvious that he knows what Ron stands for, and even admires him, probably even knows he is right on some level. But instead of standing up for himself and the rest of the country he is supposed to be representing, he consciously chose to be a two-faced sellout.:mad:

Dustancostine
02-18-2008, 11:22 PM
It is all about power. Peden wants to be a congressman and will do whatever it takes to get it. Even crawl through the mudd and make deals with the devil.

cien750hp
02-18-2008, 11:35 PM
Weakens Our Economy
Ron Paul’s consistent votes against Free Trade agreements attack U.S. economic growth and they are exactly the approach that led us to the Great Depression. These Republican-sponsored trade agreements increased U.S. exports, created new jobs, and grew our small businesses yet Ron Paul opposed them.
(Vote 443, 7/28/05; Vote 375, 7/14/04; Vote 432, 7/24/03; Vote 375, 7/14/04; Vote 432, 7/24/03)

free trade agreements do weaken our economy.. and i was also not aware they led to the great depression. Now, im only a highschool student, but at least im smart enough to realize that the economy is crashing and free trade is a bad idea, and it aint stoppin unless you elect the good doctor.

pacelli
02-18-2008, 11:36 PM
Peden is certainly going to have the wind knocked out of his sails tomorrow morning when he checks on Ron's fundraising progress.

crazyfingers
02-18-2008, 11:48 PM
free trade agreements do weaken our economy.. and i was also not aware they led to the great depression. Now, im only a highschool student, but at least im smart enough to realize that the economy is crashing and free trade is a bad idea, and it aint stoppin unless you elect the good doctor.

If they were truly free trade agreements it would not be a problem. The fact is you don't need an agreement for free trade...it just happens. These are controlled trade agreements that cater to special interests; that is why Ron Paul opposes them. I'm positive that he strongly supports REAL free trade, just like he wants the government out of the rest of the economy.

Lord Xar
02-18-2008, 11:52 PM
so, what is going ON in his district in terms of tv ads and radio ads.

Can we get some "free" tv ads to Ron's congressional campaign. Perhaps contact frankdogg etc.. to get them some on the cheap. Considering the horrible agency they went to, people here can get them some GREAT ads for very inexpensively.

devil21
02-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Thread title is horribly inaccurate. The video says as of Dec 31! That was before RP even dipped his toe back into the congressional race and all of Peden's money was from his own bank account, a la Mitt Romney. I guarantee you Peden has a pittance of what RP does right now.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-18-2008, 11:57 PM
He does not have more money. Paul has raised over 750,000 dollars since the start of this month.

This comes from the FEC reports for the fourth quarter, which Peden had 144,000 cash on hand to Paul 67,000. But this is dated. Paul has at least four times the money that Peden does now.

Also, Peden took in 174,000 in the fourth quarter, but 166,000 of it came from himself and his family. Peden himself gave over 150,000 of his own money to his campaign (just like Paul's 2006 republican primary opponent did too). The other 16,100 dollars came from his family members...meaning Peden only took in about 8,000 from people without the last name of Peden last quarter. Anyone who thinks Peden is raking it in, please read this:

http://countyseat.blogspot.com/2008/02/chris-pedens-cash-redux.html

lastnymleft
02-19-2008, 12:24 AM
One thing's for sure: If the GOP effectively bounce Dr Paul from the seat (and this is their doing, for sure), loyalty to the GOP should end (locally AND federally), and Dr Paul should run as an independent in his own seat. Peden thinks that just because Dr Paul has scared away opposition, that he'll have the seat handed to him. If he wins, and Dr Paul goes independent, not only will Peden have the anti-war republicans voting against him, he will also have all Democrats voting against him. He can kiss his $160,000 goodbye.

I just hope we knock him on his ass March 4, and don't have to drag it out to Nov 4, because we'll want to run Independent federally, too.

crazyfingers
02-19-2008, 12:28 AM
One thing's for sure: If the GOP effectively bounce Dr Paul from the seat (and this is their doing, for sure), loyalty to the GOP should end (locally AND federally), and Dr Paul should run as an independent in his own seat. Peden thinks that just because Dr Paul has scared away opposition, that he'll have the seat handed to him. If he wins, and Dr Paul goes independent, not only will Peden have the anti-war republicans voting against him, he will also have all Democrats voting against him. He can kiss his $160,000 goodbye.

I just hope we knock him on his ass March 4, and don't have to drag it out to Nov 4, because we'll want to run Independent federally, too.

I'm not sure if it's true, but I read somewhere (these forums?) that Texas has a "bad sport" law that would preclude Paul from running for the seat as an independent if he loses the primary.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-19-2008, 12:37 AM
I'm not sure if it's true, but I read somewhere (these forums?) that Texas has a "bad sport" law that would preclude Paul from running for the seat as an independent if he loses the primary.

Well, Ron Paul is not going to lose.

But anyways, in every other state that had those laws and were challenged, they were thrown out by a court. Paul could probably get them overturned as "unconstitutional" if he wanted.

DFF
02-19-2008, 06:16 AM
I just perused Penden's website...propaganda at it's finest. I particularly liked the part about Paul being pro-choice and weaking the economy. lol

me3
02-19-2008, 06:22 AM
paul should debate peden... apparently peden sent out the request about a week ago according to his website.

I can't see a good reason as to why ron paul shouldnt debate him.
You don't debate a worm, it just legitimizes him as an opponent.

Peden has made it quite clear that he's a political neophyte and engaging in an attack/slander campaign.

You could expect a debate to degenerate into a circus act.

I'm kinda interested to know what Chris Peden's kids will think when they grow up, maybe if there is a draft, or if they read all of this stuff written online about their Dad.

Nothing wrong with running for office, but no need to do it with such dishonor and mal-intent.

tbrambo
02-19-2008, 07:52 AM
Of course he's winning in cash. He's got all those bull shit corporations behind him! BASTARD!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

josephadel_3
02-19-2008, 02:04 PM
How many challengers has Dr. Paul had in the past? Are the people in his district sheeple? I am guessing they aren't. I thought Texans were independent thinkers and not as susceptible to propaganda as the rest of the the nation. If he's made it ten terms, then surely he can make it 11.

IRO-bot
02-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Seriously this was just bogus news fluffing. Ron Paul now has like 600,000 more bucks than Peden. Peden's money came from Peden & Peden family. I have read posts and blogs of locals who have never even heard of the guy. He really doesn't have any momentum. He is just trying to make it sound like he does.

colecrowe
02-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by TexasAggie09 http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1224244#post1224244)
http://countyseat.blogspot.com/2008/...ash-redux.html (http://countyseat.blogspot.com/2008/02/chris-pedens-cash-redux.html)

Chris Peden's Cash Redux
True to its monthly cyclical expectations, the herd over at the Church of Dan has been flopping all over itself for the better part of the day in a self-feeding frenzy of hits on Presidential long-shot and favorite KSEV punching bag Ron Paul. They range from the usual innuendo in which Paul is said to enjoy the company of "racist/bigotted/anti-semite/homophobic/(your ad here) scumbags" to this critique wherein a commentator expresses an inordinately bitter offense at the loins that produced an obscure anti-tax pamphleteer who has recently aligned with the Paul camp. The most amusing by far though is an unusual attempt by the Lone Star Times crowd to promote the reputed fundraising prowess of The Honorable Chris Peden, the boy genius of Friendswood City Council who seems to believe that he can unseat Paul from his congressional seat by singlehandedly purchasing hundreds of dollars in banner ads on...well...the Lone Star Times.

While ostensibly undertaking a correction of the mathematically inept Houston Chronicle, author David Benzion has another purpose in mind - to show, as he puts it after repeatedly reminding his readers that Peden first attained his Honorability with the backing of KSEV, that

Peden has twice as much money Cash-On-Hand as Paul, no?

He is referencing, of course, the $143,949.92 that Peden reported "on hand" at the end of last year's 4th reporting quarter. This figure naturally seems like an impressive haul, and numerically it is considering that Peden finished the prior quarter with a stunning $363 in the bank. So where did this sudden cash influx come from? Another pundit from Dan-Land attempts to explain:

Read Peden's report yourself, and you can see exactly where the money came from. I’m sorry to say you’ll be disappointed, unless you consider people like a CPA, an orthodontist and a pastor to be “corporate masters.”
It’s also interesting to note that all of Peden’s money is local — it comes from towns like Houston, Friendswood and Crosby.

This intriguing take appears aside a critique of the Chronicle's shoddy reporting standards, but a closer look reveals much more in common than a simple coinciding placement. You see, the majority of Chris Peden's cash haul from the last quarter, and to be specific $150,424.49 out of $174,750.80 raised (of which $143,949.92 remain unexpended on banner ads), did not simply come from "local" addresses in towns like Friendswood. It came from one single address in Friendswood: 1878 Flat Rock Street, as in the abode of the candidate himself.

One "William Chris Peden" of 1878 Flat Rock Street, as in the Honorable Mayor Pro Tem of Friendswood, also happens to be the aforementioned CPA who keeps donating to the Chris Peden for Congress campaign. Let's take a look at what this "man of the people" has managed to give himself:

Donor:
William Chris Peden
Peden & Associates, LLP
CPA

Carry-over loan balance - $14,428.02

4th Quarter loans from Chris Peden to Chris Peden -
10/01/2007 - $129.33
10/04/2007 - $21.61
10/06/2007 - $99.86
10/11/2007 - $1,000.00
11/29/2007 - $12,000.00
11/30/2007 - $18,000.00
12/07/2007 - $59,875.00
12/10/2007 - $20,000.00
12/31/2007 - $25,000.00

Grand Total: $150,424.49

Of the remaining actual donations from persons other than the Honorable Chris Peden himself, approximately half came from his relatives, Messrs. Bill Peden, also of Peden and Associates, and Greg Peden, of the Alvin Chevron station each gave the maximum allowable donation of $4,600. Ellen and Lois Peden, co-managers of the Hope Village Tea Room. similarly maxed out, bringing the Peden Family's self contributions to a total of $16,100 for the quarter.

That places just over $166,000 of Peden's claimed total haul of $174,000 "in the family."

The moral of the story: when you can't raise more than a couple hundred bucks for your lousy candidacy from the common folks, it never hurts to cut yourself a couple of $25,000 checks. It also helps when the primary recipient of your advertising budget is willing to your attempt to buy a seat in Congress as an outpouring of neighborly support for your cause.

NEPA_Revolution
02-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Ha! let me say that again Ha! Peden will get pwned.

Pauliana
02-19-2008, 04:24 PM

Semantics, my boy. Free trade would be GOOD for the economy. NAFTA is MANAGED trade in free trade clothing.

Just cause you call something free trade does not make it free trade.

Government, funny money and out of control spending caused the depression, FDR and government "solutions" made it Great.

They were slaughtering pigs and destroying food when the country was hungry - so that prices wouldn't fall too much. They were making work for people - basically paying people to dig holes one day, then fill them the next - at taxpayer expense at a time when our economy and taxbase were in the toilet.

We survived the Great Depression in SPITE of, not because of The New Deal and Roosevelt. Roosevelt was one of the worst presidents EVER, and we are headed to a second Great Depression because we didn't learn.

Don't count on that government schooling to help you understand things. It's all propaganda.

josephadel_3
02-19-2008, 08:43 PM
Ron Paul is close to a million right now at 924,675. I just donated $25.