PDA

View Full Version : WTF!? February 28th Debate Disappears From Homepage!? WTF

Knightskye
02-18-2008, 08:38 PM
http://www.RonPaul2008.com
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/events/

What the hell? It changed to Ron Paul talking at some "Energy Summit" in Houston. Did the debate get cancelled? Did Ron Paul get uninvited? Did Huckabee and McCain decide they didn't want to go?

robmpreston
02-18-2008, 08:39 PM
It was canceled. He's supposed to have a speech on MSNBC instead or something.

wgadget
02-18-2008, 08:39 PM
The debate turned into an Energy Summit, with Ron and Hillary speaking. I guess the others "couldn't make it" to the debate. Not certain if Ron's speech will be televised, though.

Akus
02-18-2008, 08:43 PM
The debate turned into an Energy Summit, with Ron and Hillary speaking. I guess the others "couldn't make it" to the debate. Not certain if Ron's speech will be televised, though.

:mad:

constitutional
02-18-2008, 08:49 PM
All the candidates who should not be doing well, but are in fact doing well-- refused to be in the debate. Example: McCain, Obama, Huckleberry. They are just scared to loose the momentum they have going.

hyoomen
02-18-2008, 09:55 PM
For all of those who had not looked up the Houston 'debate' beforehand, it was always scheduled as a summit on Energy and Environmental policy. The idea was for Houston businesses (large oil and other energy companies) to hold a summit to get all of the Presidential candidates in one place for an all day summit (and probable lobbying soiree). Afterwards MSNBC was to hold the debate with a specific focus on environmental/energy policy (as far as I could find out).

As most of the candidates at this point have little interest in debating, MSNBC had altered the format to allow for speeches from each candidate -- I theorize this could have allowed speeches to be pre-recorded or fed in by satellite. At any rate, only Senator Clinton and Congressman Paul have responded at this point.

This evening at the UNT Rally in D/FW, Texas, as we were all waiting to get autographs and shake Congressman Paul's hand, a person wished him luck in the debates. His slightly frustrated-sounding response was that the most recent news the campaign has had is of a possible cancellation. I inquired if this was because nobody else would come and Representative Paul affirmed this to be the case and made a quick-witted remark about Sen. McCain probably not wanting to answer another of his questions. "He probably doesn't want a reading list," from another freedom-lover. And you have to follow up on the reading list, as Paul boasted back, "look what happened to Guiliani."

It was a priceless moment. I wish we could see more of these moments in the national spotlight.

Knightskye
02-18-2008, 11:24 PM
For all of those who had not looked up the Houston 'debate' beforehand

I admit, I'm a bit lazy at times.

, it was always scheduled as a summit on Energy and Environmental policy.

I wondered why it was called a "Summit" rather than just a 'debate'.

The idea was for Houston businesses (large oil and other energy companies) to hold a summit to get all of the Presidential candidates in one place for an all day summit (and probable lobbying soiree).

And maybe bragging rights. But Ron wants to do away with the subsidies to oil companies - kind of makes it strange that they'd invite him, huh?

Afterwards MSNBC was to hold the debate with a specific focus on environmental/energy policy (as far as I could find out).

So they make a speech and then debate? But now it'll just be speeches? Least Ron still gets to speak.

As most of the candidates at this point have little interest in debating, MSNBC had altered the format to allow for speeches from each candidate -- I theorize this could have allowed speeches to be pre-recorded or fed in by satellite. At any rate, only Senator Clinton and Congressman Paul have responded at this point.

Do we know how many people will be in the audience, if this isn't televised (besides CSPAN)?

I inquired if this was because nobody else would come and Representative Paul affirmed this to be the case and made a quick-witted remark about Sen. McCain probably not wanting to answer another of his questions. "He probably doesn't want a reading list," from another freedom-lover. And you have to follow up on the reading list, as Paul boasted back, "look what happened to Guiliani."

Hahahaha. :D He does have a quick wit.