PDA

View Full Version : Great way to save on the trip and let others go as well

newyearsrevolution08
02-18-2008, 05:35 PM
I dont know if this has been brought up but was just thinking about how local meetup groups are trying to get local funds together so people can go.

Has anyone looked into renting a bus? Not sure how cheap it would be in the overall view BUT still something to think about I think.

Depending on how many people can fit on a double decker bus and how expensive it just MIGHT be one way to get to d.c. without going broke.

ronpaulbus.com - great site name, didn't see if it was taken BUT could be a good thing to look into for someone.

Odds are there are ron paul supporting bus owners who might be able to discount or "write off" the costs who knows.

Get a few of these coming from various states and that could really reduce the costs (maybe) or it could be MORE expensive due to overnight stays and food depending on how long the overall trip takes as well as what state the trip started in.

Just a thought though because I think it would be a ton of fun to have 50+ like minded ron paul people to chat with going across the country. Every stop we make we can hand out signs and flyers to the locals and keep on truckin.

newyearsrevolution08
02-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Another note,

I think we could do a chip in or mass donation drive to get a bus or 20 funded and pick up people as it goes across the states.

Big group = cheaper prices

We might be able to get a ton of cheap travel methods using this type of idea as well.

Not sure what it would cost per person as far as the bus trip because odds are it would be based on many things that I am not up on atm.

Anyone bored, please check into this and rentals of private owned bus or vans and see if this is a bad idea or not.

RickNHouston
02-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Anybody interested in trying to organize motorcade caravans from the west coast to DC. growing as it rolls using the Interstate corridors of I10, I20, I40, I80, I90 and I94 ...all headed east on a slow, timed and coordinated roll towards Washington, DC. all getting there within 1-3 days before the march. Driving across America, spending all of those "hot $600.00 checks" we're all gonna be getting from old G dubya that he's hoping will cover his own dumb ass till he leaves office, to buy gas & food from "mom & pop establishments" the whole way in support of the most feared man in the Republican Party, Dr. Ron Paul! Hundreds, thousands ... maybe even hundreds of thousands of spectators and participanting vehicles who might not be able to make the whole trip but can at least participate in their own small way joining in to parade across their city or town, their county or their state. Thats what woud make it different than the Blimp .... we all helped pay for that , but how many of us actually got to see it or touch it or ride on it. Something else that will make this better is that we will do it all with "grassroots" knowhow, resources and input! And we wont be burdened with regulatory campaign restrictions.

How can the media not help but notice us when they learn about 10,000,000 vehicles coming there way, honking their horns and flashing their lights and standing up for Liberty!

Any thoughts ... email ricknhouston@gmail.com

INeedATherapist
02-18-2008, 06:03 PM
I think that's an awesome idea.

It'd be hard to coordinate how long to drive each day, where to stop, when to stop etc. I mean, it takes 24 hours for me to get to DC from the middle of Texas, I probably wouldn't want to be a part of heavy traffic for that long ;)

RickNHouston
02-18-2008, 06:11 PM
I think that's an awesome idea.

It'd be hard to coordinate how long to drive each day, where to stop, when to stop etc. I mean, it takes 24 hours for me to get to DC from the middle of Texas, I probably wouldn't want to be a part of heavy traffic for that long ;)

We have cell, text, wireless internet and GPS technology at our disposeal... if they could do it for the blimp we can do ir for this ....
most Interstates are straight shots... the whole idea would be to have vehicles pooled with eligible drivers , each contributing their share toward the cost of the trip... so that we could have rotating shifts with a non-stop procession. As vehicles have to dropp out for food, fuel, maint. etc they would just pull back inline at the rear.
Nothing difficult bout that part.

flames2dust77
02-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Anybody interested in trying to organize motorcade caravans from the west coast to DC. growing as it rolls using the Interstate corridors of I10, I20, I40, I80, I90 and I94 ...all headed east on a slow, timed and coordinated roll towards Washington, DC. all getting there within 1-3 days before the march. Driving across America, spending all of those "hot $600.00 checks" we're all gonna be getting from old G dubya that he's hoping will cover his own dumb ass till he leaves office, to buy gas & food from "mom & pop establishments" the whole way in support of the most feared man in the Republican Party, Dr. Ron Paul! Hundreds, thousands ... maybe even hundreds of thousands of spectators and participanting vehicles who might not be able to make the whole trip but can at least participate in their own small way joining in to parade across their city or town, their county or their state. Thats what woud make it different than the Blimp .... we all helped pay for that , but how many of us actually got to see it or touch it or ride on it. Something else that will make this better is that we will do it all with "grassroots" knowhow, resources and input! And we wont be burdened with regulatory campaign restrictions.

How can the media not help but notice us when they learn about 10,000,000 vehicles coming there way, honking their horns and flashing their lights and standing up for Liberty!

best idea i've heard since RP mentioned the march. that would require some massive organization....but if we could pull it off...it would be amazing.

John of Des Moines
02-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Go to http://www.busrates.com/ to get a rough idea of the cost for a bus from your locale.

newyearsrevolution08
02-18-2008, 08:11 PM
happy to see others interested in this as a possibility. I think something like this would work well if anything just to get people locally to say "hey why dont we do that here?" instead of saying "I cant pay for a plane ticket".....

newyearsrevolution08
02-20-2008, 04:54 AM
BUMP for the bus ride.

eloquensanity
02-20-2008, 08:14 AM

Excellent idea. This would enable every single supporter to join in even if only in their own area.
It would probably generate a lot of local news coverage which would be good for the March.

:D:D:D

rmholla
02-20-2008, 11:41 PM
I had planned to charter a bus for my local meetup group members. It would be a one day trip for us since we are in Central PA. I am waiting on a date before calling travel agencies to see if they can get a better rate or if it would be better to deal directly with a bus company.

I think other meetup groups should consider this option as well. It would save gas and help with parking and such.

-

dodgers2213
02-21-2008, 11:17 AM

belian78
02-21-2008, 11:21 AM
SEE.. this is the types of posts that should be going in the March section! good job to you OP! :) *give you a cookie. LOL

pickdog
02-21-2008, 11:31 AM
this is a great idea

markrink
02-21-2008, 03:23 PM
We Looked In To A Bus Her In Kc Wow Expincive I Just Called A Local Fleet Of Vans We Can Get 3 15 Seaters For 1575 Did The Numbers For Gas Its 1355 So We Can Get There For 45 People For 3 Grand That 67 Per Person No One Should Have 2 Hard Of A Time Coming Up With That Over 3 Mouths To Do It