PDA

View Full Version : From eastern NC? Consider voting Walter Jones

cayton
02-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Hello:

If you are from eastern NC, you should vote for Walter Jones in the primary. I do not agree with a lot of his platform (as I'm sure you dont either) but this is clearly a "lesser of the two evils" situation.

He has broken with the republicans on the war and they are doing the same thing to him that they are doing to paul--running someone against him in the primary in an effort to oust him.

I sincerely doubt I'll vote for him in the election that counts, but face it, a republican is going to get reelected in this district, and if one is going to be reelected by the party line voters, it might as well be one that eats lunch with Dr Paul every week.

cayton
02-21-2008, 08:49 AM
February 21, 2008

I am writing today to ask for your help -- not for me, but for a fellow North Carolina friend of liberty, my friend Congressman Walter Jones.

You, more than most, know that our nation is at an important crossroads.

Will we return to limited, constitutional government? Or will our country continue to expand the size and scope of government, restrict personal liberties, and persist in spending billions of dollars overseas in foreign aid and foreign adventures?

The stakes are high. The window of time to successfully correct our country's path is short, and -- truthfully -- the number of members of Congress who understand what is held in the balance is few.

That is why it is vital that Congressman Walter Jones be reelected.

While other members talk about limited government and respecting the Constitution, my fellow Liberty Caucus member Walter Jones actually does something about it.

That's why, on the McLaughlin Group, Pat Buchanan awarded Rep. Walter Jones "Most Original Thinker of 2007" for his resolution to prohibit war on Iran without Congressional approval -- a bill I proudly cosponsor.

That's why Walter joined me in introducing the We the People Act (HR 300) in 2007 to limit the jurisdiction of federal courts that are handing down decisions that many times over turn specific state laws that should be protected by the 10th Amendment.

That's why Walter Jones has joined me in saying "no" to the North American Union; "no" to big government spending; and "no" to the Federal Reserve's efforts to obscure the true scope of their creation of money and credit.

In short, there are few congressmen like Walter Jones who are actually fighting for the principles of the Constitution that every member of Congress takes an oath to uphold.

But, as you can imagine, not every Republican is happy that Walter Jones takes his oath of office seriously. He faces a primary challenge, backed by those who do not want oversight of the administration. They do not appreciate the hard questions that he has asked about the war in Iraq, his stance on preserving individual liberties, and his commitment to upholding the sovereignty of the United States by rejecting bogus "free trade agreements."

You have been a tremendous help to me in our efforts to restrain the role of government and to follow the Constitution.

Today, I ask you to help my friend Congressman Walter Jones by sending a contribution to his campaign.

It is essential that we return Walter Jones to Congress so he can continue the battle for individual liberty and less government.

Please send your most generous donation today https://www.online-donation.com/jones/

Sincerely,

Ron

Paid for by Walter Jones for Congress

Shellshock1918
02-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Jones NEEDS to be re-elected.

GunnyFreedom
10-08-2011, 07:56 AM
I wholeheartedly endorse this message. In fact, just yesterday I handed Congressman Jones a personal endorsement for his reelection, along with a campaign contribution.

pacelli
10-08-2011, 08:03 AM
I wholeheartedly endorse this message. In fact, just yesterday I handed Congressman Jones a personal endorsement for his reelection, along with a campaign contribution.

And here's a thread with pictures from yesterday's event!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?321257-Ron-Paul-Visits-Greenville-NC-%28PICTURES%29

TomKat
10-12-2011, 05:57 PM
I have been voting for Walter Jones for a few elections now. I agree with most of his automated calls that I receive during election time. When I called his office to voice my opposition of the PATRIOT Act renewal, his staffer (which was very nice) told me that Jones opposed the Act and was voting "NO". And did!!

HoppForLiberty
01-10-2012, 11:46 PM
Anyone living in the Greenville/Farmville area please look up Todd Bennett on facebook. He's dedicated daily and likes to do sign bombs and could use more support.