PDA

View Full Version : Why do people insist on running as libritarian?

GoApe4RonPaul2008
02-18-2008, 04:49 PM
Why do people insist on running libritarian? I don't think that is a very wise place to start. You have to think... does the mass media tell you all about the libritarian party? The answer is NO. Ron Paul ran in 88 as the libritarian candidate, and he failed to win over the people due to lack of media exposer. The media instills two political party's on us. That is the Democratic Party and the Republican Party. In my view if you are to run you must get involved in your district's republican or democratic party's in order to have any chance. It may or may not be difficult to out-debate the other candidate. But I believe that this is the most viable road, either get involved with your republican party or democratic party or don't run at all. Libritarian party's do not have good exposer unfortunately. Granted I have no experience in running for any political office but, as I see it the masses only see two political party's, the Republican and Democratic.

If you can out debate the other guy/gal and you have the grassroots behind you, you have a much better chance at winning then trying to go with a 3 way with a democratic and republican nominee. A lot of people are still infused with the 2 party system, so we must win our battles there.

These are just my thoughts.
Again, I have no experience in running for office but, this just makes sense.
Lots of people vote based on who is the republican guy or the democratic guy not because of the issues.. which is truly unfortunate.

Imagine this.. you run as a Ron Paul Republican (Keeping his name out would be best unless Ron won that district of course :P)
You debate your opponent lets say republican nominee A vs you. You out debate him and destroy him on the issues. And you win the primary. Now, with the grassroots support AND the republican party nod. Your chances to win greatly increase in my opinion.

This is my opinion, this is how I see it.

The One
02-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Is a libritarian what you get when a librarian and a libertarian have sweet, lovely relations????

SeanEdwards
02-18-2008, 05:12 PM
Is a libritarian what you get when a librarian and a libertarian have sweet, lovely relations????

Librarians are sexy. :D

Tdcci
02-18-2008, 05:15 PM
I don't know, but they're probably overconfident because they think they can count on the grassroots to propel them to victory.

They forget that the only reason the grassroots are so strong is because Ron Paul ran as a Republican.

GoApe4RonPaul2008
02-18-2008, 07:23 PM
All I gotta say is run as a republican. Enlighten yourself with as much knowledge about free markets and non-intervention foreign policy as well as the gold standard. Not to mention we have been subsidizing communist china for over 20 years!!!!!!! Read up on these things 1982 62 million to china for steel workers or something. At lower than market interest rates and in America our small business had to pay market price! And now they are doing it with our TOYS! Read and expand your knowledge then armed with that knowledge you will defeat you rival. Books = knowledge.

Now GO!
Make conservatives believe again!
They are out there you just need to show them that there is a leader willing to pull for the people and free markets. The kind of government dr. paul preached about.
YOU are that leader!