PDA

View Full Version : [Austin chronicle] Reefer Madness: 'Let's Embarrass Ron Paul'

Harald
05-24-2007, 06:28 PM
http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Issue/column?oid=oid%3A477963

Libertarian/Republican presidential candidate discusses hemp farming and other "crazy' ideas

Reefer Madness: Great to talk with you. I know you're especially busy these days, so I appreciate your taking the time to talk with me about industrial hemp. You're the only one who has been, repeatedly, bringing this issue up, that we need to reauthorize industrial hemp farming.

Ron Paul: Isn't that amazing? That most people don't know about hemp?

RM: It just seems so illogical.

RP: Don't try to ascribe logic to politicians.

RM: You're now running for president. Do you think you'll make this issue, of industrial hemp, part of your campaign?

RP: On Tuesday, Fox is running the debates, and that will be a bigger challenge to me – there are these Republicans who will say, "Let's embarrass Ron Paul, because he's got all these crazy Libertarian views." But I wouldn't be surprised if a drug-war question comes up. If a question comes up, I can very easily get into the insanity of letting a cancer patient die without allowing them access to medical marijuana and into the insanity of abolishing the right to grow hemp – an industrial product!