PDA

View Full Version : Field Day 2008 in Michigan

maeqFREEDOMfree
02-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Lots of people hear the word Militia and experience a wide variety of reactions. The Michigan Militia in particular has attempted to shed the bad light they are so often cast in by opening themselves up to the public and one of the largest of these events is called "field day"

If you'd like to get a first hand look at what it means to be Militia or you enjoy a good time of Bar-B-q, socializing, and shooting, check out the Michigan Militia Field day 08 (formerly known as Tax Blast)

for more information check here (http://www.michiganmilitia.com/SMVM/field_reports/2007/apr007/militia_field_day_2007.htm)

or here
h ttp://www.michiganmilitia.com/SMVM/field_reports/2007/apr007/militia_field_day_2007.htm

Doktor_Jeep
02-18-2008, 11:20 PM
Outstanding.

I know the Michigan Militia and some of these guys and they are true to the concept of what a real militia is. They are not some neo-nazi group or some other agenda that just happens to call itself a militia.

If the word militia is a dirty word or invokes images of Timothy McVeigh, just remember that McVeigh was NEVER in any militia and ask yourself who gave you that impression and wonder why they would want you to have it. The the light of that thinking you will find that the concept of militia is the very thing the elites ruling the PTB fear at night.

The real militia, not some captured neo-nazi fed informants acting like one, actually has a real training program (called the "National Militia Standards") and a code of ethics. Everybody of adult age is a member of the real militia, though in need of better armaments and training. To litmus test for a real militia unit is when it does not matter what religion, color, or in general who you are, but your willingness to preserve your liberty. Find a real militia (and the Michigan Militia is one) and you will find good people.

I am not one of them. I am a bastard actually. But only on weekends.

maeqFREEDOMfree
02-19-2008, 07:34 AM
well put Dok
:-)

Doktor_Jeep
02-19-2008, 11:57 PM
April will be a busy month ;)

Gideon
02-20-2008, 02:20 AM
Believe it or not, even California has an active militia presence, mostly prior service folks who still believe in their Constitutional oath to defend against ALL enemies, foreign and domestic.

We the People are the militia.

maeqFREEDOMfree
02-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Believe it or not, even California has an active militia presence, mostly prior service folks who still believe in their Constitutional oath to defend against ALL enemies, foreign and domestic.

We the People are the militia.

Great to hear Gideon! I'm not sure what all events you guys have or training you promote and i do realize we're VERY far apart but...

The Michigan Militia has been working with other state militia's to help with advanced training programs. Perhaps if you're in need of some training programs that have been succeseful, you might get in touch with one of the officers at www.michiganmilitia.com.

if you check out the site, make sure to look at the pioneer group. These are among some of the most highly trained militia in the state. pretty cool stuff and all for the cause of supporting and defending freedom.

w ww.michiganmilitia.com

JRegs85
02-20-2008, 11:53 AM
Would it be acceptable to show up to Field Day without knowing any Michigan Milita members? I would like to see what's there and meet some people, but I don't want anybody getting suspicious at some 22 year-old who nobody knows.

Dr.3D
02-20-2008, 11:57 AM
Would it be acceptable to show up to Field Day without knowing any Michigan Milita members? I would like to see what's there and meet some people, but I don't want anybody getting suspicious at some 22 year-old who nobody knows.

The web site says it is a public event. I think I will go over and see what is going on.

maeqFREEDOMfree
02-20-2008, 11:57 AM

It's open to the public. No one will judge you. just show up for the bar-b-q and hang out. bring your friends if you want. check out the site and print out directions. when you get there, just let people know that you heard about it and wanted to come learn more.

if you have a gun that's legal, you're welcome to bring it and shoot. if not, talk to the people there and ask them about their guns, most of us are very nice and enjoy helping others learn. the people there are also more than happy to let you shoot the guns they bring.

feel free to bring your tax forms if you want something to shoot at. field day was originally called tax blast :-)

GoDrNo
02-20-2008, 02:16 PM
I'm thinking about hitting this event up also. It sounds like a good time.

maeqFREEDOMfree
02-21-2008, 07:42 AM
definitely will be a good time :-) it's a great opportunity for people who love freedom and are willing to prepare themselves to defend it. come out and socialize, my first time i was able to put to rest a lot of crap i've heard about the militia and learn about what it's really all about.