PDA

View Full Version : **Mosaic Ad redone for the Texas Straw poll**

V4Vendetta
08-14-2007, 10:18 AM
A lot of us would like to see the Mosaic Ad redone for the Texas Straw poll.

I Need the person who made the Iowa Mosaic ad, to also make the same ad but Texas Straw poll specific!

Who knows the guy that made this ad, and how soon can he make the change?

V4Vendetta
08-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Alert This Is A Must People!!!!

Craig_R
08-14-2007, 10:34 AM

I Need the person who made the Iowa Mosaic ad, to also make the same ad but Texas Straw poll specific!

get on it then. its free and can be found on this forum. Ask not what other supporters can do for Ron Paul, ask what should I be doing for Ron Paul.

disinter
08-14-2007, 10:36 AM
I live in the DFW area and would rather see this ad:

http://disinter.wordpress.com/2007/08/04/grassroots-in-iowa-2/

I would donate a large amount for that.

UtahApocalypse
08-14-2007, 10:37 AM
Everyone is waiting for the .pdf or .psd that we can edit to fit our needs. This hopefully will be available soon. I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Spirit of '76
08-14-2007, 10:38 AM
What we need is the full, 300dpi ad in a layered .psd format with additional info pertaining to what fonts were used.

Until that's available somewhere, it's going to be extremely difficult to make a print-ready advertisement customized for other locations or events.

Lord Xar
08-14-2007, 10:39 AM
as mentioned in about 10 other posts, I am making the .PSDS available. One was flattened by mistake so I had to have that re-made.

disinter, the one you want i have already and will get that to you tonight. The other one, mosaic, should be tonight too. I was sick yesterday so I couldn't get anything done.

Spirit of '76
08-14-2007, 10:56 AM
as mentioned in about 10 other posts, I am making the .PSDS available. One was flattened by mistake so I had to have that re-made.

Cool. Thanks! :)

I was sick yesterday so I couldn't get anything done.

Hope you feel better.

MsDoodahs
08-14-2007, 12:59 PM
I live in the DFW area and would rather see this ad:

http://disinter.wordpress.com/2007/08/04/grassroots-in-iowa-2/

I would donate a large amount for that.

Disinter, was that ad run by the campaign or supporters independent of the campaign?

Can you get the supporters permission to run it?

How much does a half page in the main DFW newspaper cost?

What is their highest circ day?

Can you get a package deal where it gets run in smaller papers they publish at the same time/same week for weeklys?

Just askin'...

Dustancostine
08-14-2007, 01:13 PM
Disinter, was that ad run by the campaign or supporters independent of the campaign?

Can you get the supporters permission to run it?

How much does a half page in the main DFW newspaper cost?

What is their highest circ day?

Can you get a package deal where it gets run in smaller papers they publish at the same time/same week for weeklys?

Just askin'...

Dean (Xar) ran it.

pyrazole2
08-14-2007, 01:47 PM
I was sick yesterday so I couldn't get anything done.

You are not at liberty to get sick.

Hope you get better, good work on the ad and everything!

Cowlesy
08-14-2007, 01:52 PM
What are the odds in the Texas Poll when only delegates get to vote?

Estanislao
08-14-2007, 02:07 PM
I like a link to that as well, or however you plan to send it.

I'd also like to make it available to everyone via:

http://www.roncan.com

stanxcarter@hotmail.com

JaylieWoW
08-14-2007, 02:10 PM
I used Paint to get rid of the Ames information in order to put it up on my blog (which I seriously need to be more regular with).

http://bp2.blogger.com/_5mJBSdCM7aU/RsILs1mbYzI/AAAAAAAAAAU/bzioDzE-hvA/S150/ronpaul+ames+info+removed.jpg

If you look at the bottom, I just cut out the Ames information and moved the bottom banner up. You could probably do the same if Lord Xar doesn't mind you tinkering around with it, or is unable to do it right now.

V4Vendetta
08-14-2007, 02:13 PM
get on it then. its free and can be found on this forum. Ask not what other supporters can do for Ron Paul, ask what should I be doing for Ron Paul.

HEY FREAK,

I AM DOING MY PART!!!

U DON"T KNOW ME!!

I DON"T HOW TO MAKE THE CHANGES< YOU PUNK

MsDoodahs
08-14-2007, 02:14 PM
What are the odds in the Texas Poll when only delegates get to vote?

I know, that is such a messed up system IMO.

V4Vendetta
08-14-2007, 02:20 PM
I used Paint to get rid of the Ames information in order to put it up on my blog (which I seriously need to be more regular with).

http://bp2.blogger.com/_5mJBSdCM7aU/RsILs1mbYzI/AAAAAAAAAAU/bzioDzE-hvA/S150/ronpaul+ames+info+removed.jpg

If you look at the bottom, I just cut out the Ames information and moved the bottom banner up. You could probably do the same if Lord Xar doesn't mind you tinkering around with it, or is unable to do it right now.

ok, cool, wheres your blog, and full size image?

JaylieWoW
08-14-2007, 02:34 PM
The image on my blog looks like crap. I need to resize it to fit in the space where I put it. I would check with the newspaper to see what file format they have to have it in to run the ad. If its .bmp or .jpg I can help you, if its .psd (Photoshop) I can't.

I got the image from this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=11741&highlight=evolution+of+an+ad).

My blog page is Awaken Sleeping Giant (http://awakensleepinggiant.blogspot.com/) (no laughing, I have been derelict in my duty to come up with a better looking page & better looking intro info).

You can see the image on the blog, but it is rather distorted (need to resize but can't right now).

Dave
08-14-2007, 03:09 PM

Notice how clear RP looks in this tiny little image on your screen? I noticed in my full-size copy from the Ames Tribune that RP is kind of hard to see. I think it's because the image is so large in the paper. If I stand several feet away from my newspaper it looks terrific again but at arms-length you kind of have to cross your eyes to make RP pop out.

This is definitely NOT a complaint - this project is a heroic work of art. I just wanted the brains behind it to contemplate this and explore if there is a way to clarify the image when it's a foot tall or more and at arms-length.

Lord Xar
08-14-2007, 03:11 PM
Notice how clear RP looks in this tiny little image on your screen? I noticed in my full-size copy from the Ames Tribune that RP is kind of hard to see. I think it's because the image is so large in the paper. If I stand several feet away from my newspaper it looks terrific again but at arms-length you kind of have to cross your eyes to make RP pop out.

This is definitely NOT a complaint - this project is a heroic work of art. I just wanted the brains behind it to contemplate this and explore if there is a way to clarify the image when it's a foot tall or more and at arms-length.

Yes, we need "more" pictures so that the nuances are more defined.. in other words, more unique photos and repeats we can make the "images" smaller..

DeadheadForPaul
08-14-2007, 03:11 PM
Question: Would running an ad have an effect on the delegates or are most decided? I just know very little about the Texas straw poll

V4Vendetta
08-14-2007, 04:15 PM
good question. I would guess that most of them prabably already have their mind made up, but who knows.

I live in Texas, but i just found out, a couple of days ago, that I can't vote because i'm not a previous delegate. so that pretty much sucks ass.

MsDoodahs
08-14-2007, 04:46 PM
good question. I would guess that most of them prabably already have their mind made up, but who knows.

I live in Texas, but i just found out, a couple of days ago, that I can't vote because i'm not a previous delegate. so that pretty much sucks ass.

Yeah, I'm also in Texas and the system here is so ... good ole boy networkish that it's really sickening....

V4Vendetta
08-15-2007, 10:18 AM
any news yet on the new file???

LibertyEagle
08-15-2007, 10:26 AM
You guys know that there is a grassroots-level, Call Texas program, right, to call the delegates? They're wanting more help to make the phone calls.

Lord Xar
08-15-2007, 11:17 AM
any news yet on the new file???

Yes.. I have everything done. I am waiting till I get into work, about an hour, before I upload everything because my home computer is VERY VERY slow and would take hours.. at work, like 10minutes..

it is a HUGE FILE!

So, yes.. its coming in a few short hours.. I promise this time :-)

Razmear
08-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Xar has uploaded the file to my server at http://RonPaulMosaic.com/ad
This file is 270 meg zipped (not sure of the format as I'm downloading it now).
If anyone with server space would like to mirror this file so my bandwidth doesn't get too hammered, please let me know and I'll set up a download page with mirror options.
Thanks,
eb

jabbott0
08-15-2007, 03:31 PM
Razmear, thanks for hosting these files! May I suggest making a BitTorrent file instead so that the server load can be split among many more people? The folks who made the Ron Paul DVD did that and it worked really well.

Lord Xar
08-15-2007, 03:33 PM
Please use this link for the ad files: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12431

Jennifer Reynolds
08-15-2007, 03:35 PM
///

scrosnoe
08-15-2007, 03:52 PM
I am now in Oklahoma, but have a Texas network and years of experience with the Republican party as a delegate (and returning to vote in the straw poll for Ron Paul). My thinking is to quietly call the delegate list and locate the firm Ron Paul supporters and get them to the straw poll. If you advertise in the newspaper you may wake a sleeping giant in another camp. If you quietly and strategically mobilize, you can take this one. Rally support at the conventions site and create a presence like we did in Iowa. Very effective and will pick up free media. Work the crowd - these people care enough to give money and come vote. Anyway - those are my thoughts.

Making phone calls to delegates and finding Ron Paul supporters has to be top priority! Then you must be able to find a way to convince them to spend time and money to come vote for him. . .

V4Vendetta
08-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Man< Has Anyone Made One Yet, If I Don"t Get This Done Today< The Person That"s Going To Pay The Meetup Groups To Place These Adds In Their Local Newspapers< Is Going To Give Up

What The Hell Is Wrong With You Guys?????

Swmorgan77
08-16-2007, 11:06 AM

I just got my copy of the Ames newspaper and the ad looks great. I hope it is kept as much like the Iowa one as possible, with the Constituiton, font and everything. It looked really classy.

Lord Xar
08-16-2007, 11:08 AM
Man< Has Anyone Made One Yet, If I Don"t Get This Done Today< The Person That"s Going To Pay The Meetup Groups To Place These Adds In Their Local Newspapers< Is Going To Give Up

What The Hell Is Wrong With You Guys?????

Vendetta -- did you contact the TWO people I PM'ed you about?

V4Vendetta
08-16-2007, 11:09 AM
well it aint going to fucking happen, unless someone makes it Texas STRAW POLL SPECIFIC!!!

FUCK SOMEONE STEP THE FUCK UP

Swmorgan77
08-16-2007, 11:10 AM
I am now in Oklahoma, but have a Texas network and years of experience with the Republican party as a delegate (and returning to vote in the straw poll for Ron Paul). My thinking is to quietly call the delegate list and locate the firm Ron Paul supporters and get them to the straw poll. If you advertise in the newspaper you may wake a sleeping giant in another camp. If you quietly and strategically mobilize, you can take this one. Rally support at the conventions site and create a presence like we did in Iowa. Very effective and will pick up free media. Work the crowd - these people care enough to give money and come vote. Anyway - those are my thoughts.

Making phone calls to delegates and finding Ron Paul supporters has to be top priority! Then you must be able to find a way to convince them to spend time and money to come vote for him. . .

I can begin calling to Texas anytime via skype. I just need some numbers.

Lord Xar
08-16-2007, 11:10 AM
well it aint going to fucking happen, unless someone makes it Texas STRAW POLL SPECIFIC!!!

FUCK SOMEONE STEP THE FUCK UP

Whats up? I told you who to contact.. wait a quick second.. I will have someone contact you... see if slugg can do it.. he is very talented.

V4Vendetta
08-16-2007, 11:12 AM
yes i did contact those two people, nothing happened