PDA

View Full Version : "Fiscal Conservative Party"?

Quantumystic
02-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Once this election cycle is completed, I wonder if it would be worthwhile to consider a new party... the Fiscal Conservative Party.

A chance to begin fresh and make clear from the beginning that the main plank in the platform of such a political institution is Fiscal Conservatism and Resposibility. Dedicated to the ideology of time-honored economic principles of sound hard-asset-backed money, a mandatory balanced budget, and level playing field Free Market Competion Capitalism.

Likewise, to support the endurance of these principles, a strong Literal Constitutionalist doctrine.

This party would neither encourage, nor discourage, Social Conservatives and their agendas. Such Social Conservative positions would simply not be a part of the Party platform.

"Americans First" would be the motto. Meaning that the FCP would stand for heavy emphasis of domestic security and fiscal policies, with foreign policy emphasis upon equitable Trade with our fellow nations under the Competitive Free Market model.

Massively reduced federal government, elimination of the IRS and Income Theft, the phased withdrawl from the Social Security and Welfare programs, and the resurrection of States' Jurisdictions.

What say ye?

nate895
02-18-2008, 02:18 PM
Negative on starting any new party.

WilliamC
02-18-2008, 02:22 PM
Unfortunately I think any new political party will meet with the same level of success as has the Libertarian or Constitution or Reform Party.

Or less.

crazyfingers
02-18-2008, 02:25 PM
Negative on starting any new party.

Yeah, talk about a recipe for failure.

Besides, there's no difference between economic and 'social' (or personal) liberty. It's a false distinction.

acptulsa
02-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Sounds awfully limited. I think freedom and liberty would have more resonance, yet you see how far the Libertarian Party has come. It has been inches, not miles. Sorry.

Quantumystic
02-18-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm beginning to believe that the Republican Party (and Democratic) are beyond redemption.

The Social Conservatives, and NeoCons, have spent decades entrenching themselves in the Party leadership roles in the GOP. Which suggests it will likely take a decade or more to in-fight them and prevail. We may not have that long until irreparable damage has already been done.

Barring something truly miraculous, McCain is going to be handed the GOP nomination. Meaning our next President will be Obama, since Dr. Paul has ruled out a non-Republican run in the general election.

Under these circumstances, the smartest thing Obama could do is make Kucinich his VP choice. It's probably the only way to ensure he doesn't get assassinated.

Not to mention, if Obama was assassinated and Kucinich became President... he might well make Ron Paul his VP.

acptulsa
02-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Actually, Obama has a big advantage in the assasination department. His most ardent supporters are generally perceived as being far, far more likely to riot than Kennedy's were. Nothing like sending most cities of our nation up in flames to discourage even the most militant neocon.