PDA

View Full Version : Free Market news cable channel

Stockli
08-14-2007, 10:16 AM
Hey everyone,

Lately i've been thinking about the ever prevalent pro-establishment media bias and how sickening it all really is. There's not much truth on television these days. I'm wondering what it would take to start up a cable tv news station dedicated to the principles of individual liberty, free markets, and above all, the truth.

The internet has been a great ally in the spread and reemergence of the freedom alternatives, and I would love to see these ideas evolve into a news broadcast available to cable tv subscribers. What do you think?

Keith
08-14-2007, 11:30 AM
I would love it, but do you think Comcast, Time Warner, etc would carry such a channel?

Johnnybags
08-14-2007, 11:38 AM
and told them I would be an investor in an IPO or the oldest paperboy in the world if they went to print. I wish FOX and CNN and MSNBC and the rest would hurry up and die. The financial times gives out better information for us, and its overseas. It would put Ruperts NY papers out of business.

Stockli
08-14-2007, 02:59 PM
I would love it, but do you think Comcast, Time Warner, etc would carry such a channel?

Keith,

No, I don't, unfortunately. However, I think the structure of television and cable subscription is going to go through some changes in the near future with the evolution of the internet, which could possibly allow more players to enter the market. It seems that the more technical and advanced our media becomes, the harder it is for government to control it.

Cheers!

fsk
08-14-2007, 05:12 PM
I think the best way to set up a "free market news" station is a combination of blogging and YouTube videos.

It doesn't pay to try and raise the capital you would need to gain a slot on a cable provider. It doesn't pay to try and raise the capital you would need to publish an in-print newspaper.

Besides, your target audience is knowledgeable Internet users anyway.

Hook
08-14-2007, 07:04 PM
As IP Multicast and IPTV technologies advance over the next 5 years, just about anyone can start their own channel. The big advance will be when multicast becomes reliable over the entire Internet because then media servers will only need the bandwith of one connection but will go to all subscribers.

jjschless
08-14-2007, 07:15 PM
http://www.freemarketnews.com/ New media already has that channel, just with out the visual part. Talk with FMNN about maybe setting up a podcast. It should be simple to start on the internet and then going to cable could be easier later.

Stockli
08-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I think this could be big in the future. I'll drop freemarketnews.com a line and see what they think.

FSK,
I can dig the blog, man. You've obviously spent some time on it. Nice writing, too