PDA

View Full Version : Libertarian Petition Pls Sign

THE RED DRAGON
02-18-2008, 10:49 AM
http://www.ultimateronpaul.com/current-petition/

Alex Libman
02-18-2008, 11:04 AM
Signed both petitions. LP has already tried to draft Ron Paul, it's all up to him now. I hope he'll agree. If not, as my sig says, I hope he endorses the LP candidate and campaigns for him / her...

Unspun
02-19-2008, 01:26 AM
I would advise NOT going to this site. And would definitely not sign their petitions. Straight from the Ron Paul campaign.

Hey folks,

Message from Maureen Moore:

Do not give your information to Ultimateronpaul.com.

This website is owned by Richard Viguerie, a notorious data miner who made his fortune off of the Goldwater List from the 60's. He sees nothing but gold in Ron Paul, and not in the way that you or I may respect. Be wary of this site and alert others about it.

Lovecraftian4Paul
02-19-2008, 10:26 AM
I would advise NOT going to this site. And would definitely not sign their petitions. Straight from the Ron Paul campaign.

Who's Maureen Moore? I'd like to know whether or not this is a legit site before signing with a more concrete source.

In the meantime, a better site for encouraging Dr. Paul into an independent run is here (it allows a person to pledge money, ballot signatures, and votes for a potential indy run):

http://www.ronpaulwhitehouse.com/

FSP-Rebel
02-19-2008, 12:02 PM
Signed both petitions. LP has already tried to draft Ron Paul, it's all up to him now. I hope he'll agree. If not, as my sig says, I hope he endorses the LP candidate and campaigns for him / her...

Alex, are you aware that Eric Dondero is pushing for the LP to nominate Wayne Allen Root aka WAR? This guy is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He talks a good game but then goes on to support the war. I call him a neocon with a little flavor and I mean aspartame not sugar. I won't support him nor give any money to him or the party. I've been a member of the LP for 13 years--ever since I was 12 years old. And if the party loses it's principles, then I'm off to the CP. However, the Free State Project is my main gig.

Lovecraftian4Paul
02-20-2008, 07:06 AM
Alex, are you aware that Eric Dondero is pushing for the LP to nominate Wayne Allen Root aka WAR? This guy is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He talks a good game but then goes on to support the war. I call him a neocon with a little flavor and I mean aspartame not sugar. I won't support him nor give any money to him or the party. I've been a member of the LP for 13 years--ever since I was 12 years old. And if the party loses it's principles, then I'm off to the CP. However, the Free State Project is my main gig.

Really? That's sick! Oh well, at least if they go with Root, we'll know both the GOP and Libertarians are corrupt as hell and good as lost. If this happens, Ron Paul supporters ought to flood the Constitution Party. They would be pretty close to perfect with enough RPers in the mix, since we could easily overturn the theocratic garbage hurting the party thus far.

Remove the Huckabee-like "Christian Constitution and God Nation" cancer from the CP and we will have an excellent Pauline third party.

TurtleBurger
02-20-2008, 11:21 AM
Remove the Huckabee-like "Christian Constitution and God Nation" cancer from the CP and we will have an excellent Pauline third party.

I don't know why it would be a "cancer". A McCain-Clinton or McCain-Obama or even a McCain-Hillobama-Bloomberg contest will leave tens of millions of conservative Christians disenfranchised. That plank is a useful tool in bringing some of them to support a sensible third party candidate.

Russellk30
02-20-2008, 03:12 PM

Exactly. Why the hell would they need all of your personal information just for signing a petition. Get ready to be added to some mailing lists!