PDA

View Full Version : Townhall SUPER-Hit Piece: Ron Paul, American Artifact

wgadget
02-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Not only an RP hit-piece, but a RP supporter hit-piece.
Go tell 'em off!

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/PaulGreenberg/2008/02/18/ron_paul,_american_artifact

acptulsa
02-18-2008, 09:45 AM
Up to 61 comments and when you try to either see or add to them, "Internet cannot display web page." Guy seems pretty oblivious to the fact that some three quarters of the population thinks the nation is on the wrong track. A little backtracking would seem to be in order, no?

Just another media head shouting, "Nothing to see here, folks. Move along..."

Andrew76
02-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Two things: first, I can't get the second page of the article to load, so I can't leave a comment.

Second, it's a truly well written article. Too bad the man he describes as "Ron Paul," is anything but Ron Paul. It's like he just wrote a report about Ron Paul without reading a single word the man has written, or listening to anything Ron Paul has ever said. A populist? Wha.??? Simple answers to complex problems??? what?? I don't think any of the answers he gives are simple - he is the thinking person's candidate. If anything, he could play the same political game all the others are playing and start dumbing down his responses, but, he's principled and he has class, so no dice.

The big fault in the article isn't poor writing, it's the fact that he's based this hit-peice entirely on what seems like hearsay about Ron Paul - so in that respect, as something informatve or perhaps containing worthwhile information regarding the man we all know as Dr. Ron Paul, the article is a laughable failure.

Rhys
02-18-2008, 09:52 AM
Tell 'em to donate today!

rg123
02-18-2008, 09:59 AM
But as usual the campaign will say nothing about the attacks so they continue it. Where as when Schuster did an attack the clintons responded and something was done about it. Throughout this campaign Ron has allowed the MSM to degrade him with insults as nuts, kook, conspiracy theorist, crackpot, loony candidate, etc. and the list goes on and on.A vital mistake. He should have called them all to task. Its true he cannot control what they say but its also true that he does not exercise his free speech to call them out on it. A hugh mistake in my opinion it makes him look like he can be pushed around and to weak to be president.

wgadget
02-18-2008, 10:00 AM
You can either click on Read Article and Comments (in red) at the top, or go down to the end of the article and click on Talk About It.

Either should take you to the comment section.

wgadget
02-18-2008, 10:01 AM
But as usual the campaign will say nothing about the attacks so they continue it. Where as when Schuster did an attack the clintons responded and something was done about it. Throughout this campaign Ron has allowed the MSM to degrade him with insults as nuts, kook, conspiracy theorist, crackpot, loony candidate, etc. and the list goes on and on.A vital mistake. He should have called them all to task. Its true he cannot control what they say but its also true that he does not exercise his free speech to call them out on it. A hugh mistake in my opinion it makes him look like he can be pushed around and to weak to be president.

How do you know he doesn't/didn't? It's more likely that he complains and the MSM refuses to report it.