PDA

View Full Version : Please help our website

Scotto
02-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Folks,

A team of us has built a website that ties Meetup group member pledges to their group, and state of residence. Each Meetup within each state is represented.

www.ronpaulmeetupchallenge.com

The national page is a map of each state, and a cursor rollover gives high level statistics for each state. Clicking within the state yields pledge data for the state, but more importantly, shows each meetup's participation.

The level of participation is picking up on the site, and it's quite fun to see the stats, but attempts to notify the Meetup contacts within each organization using the Meetup platform causes red flags at Meetup to prohibit spam. The Meetup platform only allows 25 messages to other Meetup groups within 30 days.

Thus, a workaround is required that involves people taking various states and contacting two other meetups within the state to notify them of the site. I've done just this in Texas, and we now lead the nation in pledges, but I got stopped out by the Meetup limitation.

Please visit the site, and let me know if you would like to take a state. You can see how many Meetups are in the state by clicking the state.

RonP2008
02-18-2008, 10:14 AM
wow that's a really nice website.

Wendi
02-18-2008, 10:34 AM
Our local meetup decided to waste the first critical months of the campaign trying to force people to join a database & make phone calls for a local-area libertarian candidate's campaign. We had another one, that I joined, that really wanted to do things. But sadly, they've now decided to merge with the original anti-paul meetup. I'm not really interested in being a part of that, so I've removed myself from the meetup website completely. Sorry.

khorbis
02-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Very, very nice design. I hope more people embrace the concept.

pauliticalpress
02-18-2008, 11:21 PM
We need people to help e-mail meetup organizers! so if your looking for a good project that will be the most help to Ron Paul THIS IS IT! Please contact "Scotto" for more details.

real freedom is taking action! This is the opportunity to make a real difference before they take away our freedom to take action.

http://www.ronpaulmeetupchallenge.com/

pauliticalpress
02-20-2008, 02:35 PM
bump