PDA

View Full Version : Why we will not win.

srps2233
02-18-2008, 07:42 AM
I just have to say that the reason we won't win is not because of the Jewish Lizardmen and the North American Union and the Illuminati Bankers. It's precisely because you (and I mean Ron Paul supporters as a whole, not any individual, so take no personal offense) talk about these things too much. If you want to win, you have to get serious and stop harping on all this nonsense. Every time you want to talk about one of those things, just mentally switch it to civil rights or the war or the economy. It will help a lot. I already know the replies are going to be filled with posts explaining why I am wrong and why the Rothschilds will ensure a New World Order and what have you. Maybe some day a movement will come along based on reason and not conspiracy theories and I hope you'll support that one as much as you did this.

Rhys
02-18-2008, 07:42 AM
Lizardmen are Jewish?

m72mc
02-18-2008, 07:45 AM
http://www.nolanchart.com/article2784.html

The Ron Paul Negativity Will End Now!
There is absolutely no reason at all to believe for a second that Dr. Ron Paul's Presidential campaign is coming to an end.by A.J. Antimony
(Libertarian)

It's truly amazing how it seems so many people jumped ship after Super Tuesday where the mainstream media told us that Congressman Paul did not win any states. It really sickens me how people let the mainstream media put them down so easily when this entire campaign has been a message to show the media who's boss.

It all seems to have been escalated by the letter posted by Ron Paul on February 8th. In it, he says that because Super Tuesday has passed, he will now be shrinking his campaign staff. It also says he will now be putting effort into his Texas congressional primary. Somehow people took this and ran with it claiming that Ron Paul has dropped out of the Presidential race. They do this despite the fact that the letter says "But that does not affect my determination to fight on, in every caucus and primary remaining, and at the convention for our ideas, with just as many delegates as I can get." They do this despite the fact that Ron Paul quickly released a video titled "Going the Distance." And they do this despite the fact that Congressman Paul has called for a march on Washington in 3-4 months.

I just don't understand how anyone could take this and claim that Ron Paul is dropping out of the Presidential race. I suppose they simply don't know how to read. Or, more likely, they are just letting the mainstream media get to them. After all, it's the MSM that is painting John McCain as the definite Republican nominee and claiming that they have accurate delegate counts to support it. To see past this anti-Paul material, one has to simply understand two concepts which really are quite simple to grasp.

1. The Republican nominee is chosen at the national convention and the national convention only. That is why they have a convention. Despite everything the media will pound you with saying John McCain is the Republican candidate, you have to remember that such a statement is BS until the Republican convention is over. Eight months of John McCain talk... people are going to get sick of it. That's the blowback for every state moving up its primary/caucus date.

2. You have to try to understand the delegate system. It's very confusing for most and it's ok if you don't get it (I don't!) but the important thing to get out of it is that just because CNN says state X is awarding 50 delegates to so and so, it doesn't necessarily mean that so and so just secured 50 votes at the convention. This is why different sources have different delegate counts. The delegate process is a LOT more than just a day of voting. Find out about the process in your state and you'll see that your favorite candidate can still pick up a lot of support!

Understand these simple concepts and you'll easily see that this Republican Presidential contest is by no means over. Congressman Paul says there is a lot of support to be won and a lot more work to be done. He's right! So if you're one of the people who has given up on the Ron Paul campaign, you better stop and reconsider.

With scheduled money bombs (President's Day, today!), NASCAR advertising, a freedom march on Washington, talk of a Rump convention, and the determination from Ron and the official campaign, there is absolutely no reason to believe the good doctor has dropped out of the Presidential race.

To think so is to let the mainstream media win.

DeepThroat
02-18-2008, 07:48 AM
If you want to win, you have to get serious and stop harping on all this nonsense. .

Get serious.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=121298

Sandra
02-18-2008, 07:54 AM
Please delete your stupid thread.

c0unterph0bia
02-18-2008, 07:58 AM
Lizardmen are Jewish?

I KNEW IT, I JUST KNEW IT WAS TRUE!

Truth Warrior
02-18-2008, 07:59 AM
Perhaps we are merely too late and Amerika has already passed the point of no return.

acptulsa
02-18-2008, 07:59 AM
To the O.P., I say it pays to know, and not to underestimate, your enemy.

To the rest of us, I say the O.P. does have a point. It also pays to know your audience. One thing for the forum, another thing entirely for canvassing.

slacker921
02-18-2008, 08:03 AM
I just drove down a state highway that is heavily traveled. I saw two Ron Paul signs - both were big. Both were stuck in the back of old wrecked pickup trucks at a place by the side of the road that sells junk cars and motorcycles. It's the most godawful looking place you've ever seen, and is surrounded by miles of beautiful farmland. So the owner of the property might be oblivious to the fact that his place of business is a total eyesore and somehow thinks he's helping Ron Paul by putting signs up there... maybe someone who is trying to undermine RP convinced him that he's in a strategic location and gave him the signs.

The net result is of the ~10 Ron Paul signs in that county two are in a place that will give a very negative impression to most people driving down that busy highway. A few people will see the signs and ignore the junk around them, but they're the slim minority.

The guy has the right to put the signs up there. I just wished he'd put McCain signs up.. :(

Beaglelover
02-18-2008, 08:08 AM
[mod-edit - this poster is spewing negetivity all over the board- ignore and flag - thanks]

The OP's thread is right on and he/she is exactly correct! Libertarians .... even closet ones like Paul .... are not electable. Now, the day MAY come when America will support a third party candidate. But I can assure you it won't be a candidate marked by conspiracy theories and little black helicopters .......

Delivered4000
02-18-2008, 08:42 AM
I hate Reptilians

Truth Warrior
02-18-2008, 08:48 AM
I hate Reptilians
Isn't hate a reptilian characteristic? :D