PDA

View Full Version : John Birch Society

eOs
02-17-2008, 09:56 PM
I'm thinking about joining it, does anyone have any information on it? Helpful links (besides their own website)

Thanks much appreciated.

FrankRep
02-17-2008, 10:02 PM
I joined the John Birch Society a few months ago and attend regular meetings in my area. I completely love it. Every Ron Paul supporter should join.

Each chapter analyzes the monitors the events happening in the area looking for unconstitutional violations like bills that may interfere with our rights and liberty. We can concentrate our efforts and inform our congressmen and educate fellow citizens to help overturn the issue at hand. There is a wealth of information to help understand the proper role of a constitutional government and even help get true constitutional statesmen in office.

http://www.JBS.org/ has a mission statement that explains what their goals and purpose are.

Malum Prohibitum
02-17-2008, 10:18 PM
The problem with the JBS is membership is the kiss of death for those with political ambitions.

What we need to do is get smart and stealthy. The CFR is a great example of how we could counter them. Think counterintelligence along the lines of the cold war. We are way too open.

Fox McCloud
02-17-2008, 10:28 PM
Larry McDonald was able to become a Congressman (and was later going to run for President, or so the rumor goes), and he was a really high ranking member of the John Birch Society.

Either way, I have political ambitions...but I wouldn't let your ideas, ideals, and what you believe and stand for get in the way of running for office....if you feel you should join the JBS, then join.

FrankRep
02-17-2008, 10:28 PM
The problem with the JBS is membership is the kiss of death for those with political ambitions.

What we need to do is get smart and stealthy. The CFR is a great example of how we could counter them. Think counterintelligence along the lines of the cold war. We are way too open.

The JBS is a big reason why Ron Paul won his Congressional district, there's a strong JBS presence there. I would agree that you need to build a support base first before promoting a candidate, but it takes some time and effort.

I don't agree with doing things in secret and in stealth, usually it's the evil people doing bad things in the dark. Do good works in the light for everyone to see. There is a time to speak and a time to keep quiet.

Fox McCloud
02-17-2008, 10:32 PM
I don't agree with doing things in secret and in stealth, usually it's the evil people doing bad things in the dark. Do good works in the light for everyone to see. There is a time to speak and a time to keep quiet.

Agreed, 100%--why hide something, have secret meetings, secret oaths, and secret signs and hand-shakes, if you're operating on a noble basis?

The only time I think secrecy is necessary is if you're operating a noble cause, but people want to kill you (for example, the Christians in China, who have to operate underground churches).

dirknb@hotmail.com
02-17-2008, 10:34 PM
JBS is a great educational organization. Even if you don't join it, they have great resources available.

Laja
02-17-2008, 10:42 PM
it's a shame the JBS has such a bad reputation. it's been maligned to the nth degree by whoever their enemies are. a close friend of mine is a member and says the whole racist reputation is totally not true. unfortunately it seems ingrained.

nate895
02-17-2008, 10:49 PM

But, being secret is so cool.

I like the John Birch Society.

pcosmar
02-17-2008, 10:53 PM

I had that impression too. Somewhere in my youth I was exposed to anti-JBS propaganda, and I had always thought they were a racist organization. I had never researched them myself.
Since I have become aware, and have done some research, I find that they are closely aligned to my beliefs.

I am now trying to wake more sleepers.

FrankRep
02-17-2008, 11:09 PM
it's a shame the JBS has such a bad reputation. it's been maligned to the nth degree by whoever their enemies are. a close friend of mine is a member and says the whole racist reputation is totally not true. unfortunately it seems ingrained.

It's all just a smear campaign. The JBS is not racist at all. The JBS is smeared because the powers that be are scared of the JBS.

dirknb@hotmail.com
02-18-2008, 12:39 AM
It's all just a smear campaign. The JBS is not racist at all. The JBS is smeared because the powers that be are scared of the JBS.

The JBS is smeared for the same reason as Ron Paul.

stilltrying
02-18-2008, 03:30 AM
WHat I find most fascinating and scare about the whole world of current events is that it truly does mimmic "The Matrix". I mean seriously we are mentioning about waking people up from their deep political and financial slumber which is exactly what we need to do but still I mean this really is the matrix in some strange sort of way where if you are educating someone as to what is going on you are making a life changing impact for them, their kids, their grandkids, etc... An impact that will bring them from the depths of the center of the earth to where they can now see light. Amazing really.
I am old enough to have heard the anti-JBS propoganda but dont remember any of it if i did but from the looks of reading 2 articles on their website I can clearly see that they are fighting for us long before we woke up and that is a good thing.

AgentSmith
02-18-2008, 03:47 AM
The John Birch Society published the Creature from Jekyll Island when nobody would touch it. Which, by the way, each and every one of you should read.

And if you noticed on the Larry McDonald video he mentions that the JBS was the only organized network fighting them - so they had to wipe it out starting at the top and then discrediting their members.

AgentSmith
02-18-2008, 03:50 AM
WHat I find most fascinating and scare about the whole world of current events is that it truly does mimmic "The Matrix". I mean seriously we are mentioning about waking people up from their deep political and financial slumber which is exactly what we need to do but still I mean this really is the matrix in some strange sort of way where if you are educating someone as to what is going on you are making a life changing impact for them, their kids, their grandkids, etc... An impact that will bring them from the depths of the center of the earth to where they can now see light. Amazing really.
I am old enough to have heard the anti-JBS propoganda but dont remember any of it if i did but from the looks of reading 2 articles on their website I can clearly see that they are fighting for us long before we woke up and that is a good thing.

You have that backwards. The Matrix mimics reality. ;) The Wachowski brothers are trying to wake people up.

Kingfisher
02-18-2008, 06:20 AM
Bump for JBS. I've been a member for years.

rpfreedom08
02-18-2008, 06:41 AM
I talked with a very intelegent older (60's-70's) John Bircher and right away I knew it was the society I would love to join. he sent me all sorts of movies and joining material and here in the next few days I will be joining the ranks. I even got a cool "The UN Is Not Your Friend" bumpers sticker :) Yeah these guys are some of the most intune people out there.

Truth Warrior
02-18-2008, 07:12 AM
I'm thinking about joining it, does anyone have any information on it? Helpful links (besides their own website)

Thanks much appreciated.

http://www.jbs.org/#SlideFrame_1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Birch_Society

BuddyRey
02-18-2008, 08:24 AM
The only thing keeping me from joining the JBS is that, as an organization, they seem much more socially conservative than I am. I admire their big bank-battling, pro-gun rights and NWO awareness, but putting caps on immigration levels and preserving an imagined "traditional American cultural heritage" isn't high on my priority list at all.

If there were a JBS-type group for libertarians, I'd be in like Flint.

MJfromCT
02-18-2008, 09:05 AM
The only thing keeping me from joining the JBS is that, as an organization, they seem much more socially conservative than I am. I admire their big bank-battling, pro-gun rights and NWO awareness, but putting caps on immigration levels and preserving an imagined "traditional American cultural heritage" isn't high on my priority list at all.

I have similar issues with JBS but I am still intrigued enough to consider joining. Have you or anyone else looked into Freedom Force more in-depth or from first hand accounts?

eOs
02-18-2008, 09:45 AM
I have similar issues with JBS but I am still intrigued enough to consider joining. Have you or anyone else looked into Freedom Force more in-depth or from first hand accounts?

I just recently discovered freedom force (www.freedom-force.org) myself. Once I started reading the PDFs I couldn't stop boy they really are a good read. Griffin really knows how to write. The reason I didn't seem to want to join is that the website doesn't look active at all. For the past month that I've know about it there hasn't been an update, or anything.

FrankRep
02-18-2008, 10:04 AM

The JBS fights Illegal Immigration. They welcome legal immigration.

Please show me if I'm wrong on this about the JBS.

rpfreedom08
02-18-2008, 10:26 AM
The JBS fights Illegal Immigration. They welcome legal immigration.

Please show me if I'm wrong on this about the JBS.

you are absolutely correct. All countries have alot more secure borders when it comes to immigration. We are the only country that has wide open borders and we can see where it is leading this country. Borders are a must for any country, to have open borders is just foolish.

WilliamC
02-18-2008, 10:33 AM
I just recently discovered freedom force (www.freedom-force.org) myself. Once I started reading the PDFs I couldn't stop boy they really are a good read. Griffin really knows how to write. The reason I didn't seem to want to join is that the website doesn't look active at all. For the past month that I've know about it there hasn't been an update, or anything.

I think the idea is that you are supposed to supply the activity. Locally, not on the internet.

But I don't know how successful they are being in the real world.

pcosmar
02-18-2008, 10:41 AM
I think the idea is that you are supposed to supply the activity. Locally, not on the internet.

But I don't know how successful they are being in the real world.

I think that educating folks is a success. The more people we can wake up to the principals of Individual Liberty, the more will vote for leaders that will protect it.
Or if a Revolution comes in another manner, there will be a base of Freedom minded people.

JBS and Freedom Force, and the Ron Paul Revolution are on parallel paths.

Laja
02-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Hmm...think I'll look into the JBS. Thanks for the info.

dirknb@hotmail.com
02-18-2008, 03:51 PM
I first joined JBS in '94. They've been fighting for freedom for about 50 years. Here is one of their best videos:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6732659166933078950&q=overview+of+america+site%3Avideo.google.com&total=81&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Kingfisher
02-18-2008, 04:36 PM
The John Birch Society, I beleive, has the exact ideals Ron Paul has. 100% pro constitution!

MN Patriot
02-18-2008, 05:06 PM
I grew up reading MAD magazine, and I remember several articles that lampooned the JBS as being a bunch of bigoted ignorant racists. That misconception stayed with me for years. You rarely hear about the JBS in the mainstream media, another clear example of Establishment media blackout.

dirknb@hotmail.com
02-18-2008, 05:15 PM
The efforts of the JBS is probably the primary reason we still have any freedom left at all. The NWO would be much further advanced if not for them.

rpfreedom08
02-18-2008, 05:58 PM
From what I understand alot of people where john birchers back in the day. I believe they had hundreds of thousands of people in it. Then came the smear tactics from the NWO and now you have a distortion of the truth and a society now that has maybe 40k members nation wide. The real truth is they are freedom fighters and understand the very real threat of our domestic enemies.

WilliamC
02-18-2008, 06:06 PM
From what I understand alot of people where john birchers back in the day. I believe they had hundreds of thousands of people in it. Then came the smear tactics from the NWO and now you have a distortion of the truth and a society now that has maybe 40k members nation wide. The real truth is they are freedom fighters and understand the very real threat of our domestic enemies.

Amazing how the same smear tactics were tried against Ron Paul.

rpfreedom08
02-18-2008, 06:31 PM
I first joined JBS in '94. They've been fighting for freedom for about 50 years. Here is one of their best videos:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6732659166933078950&q=overview+of+america+site%3Avideo.google.com&total=81&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

My God, every American should be made to watch that movie on a national American holiday like 4th of july. We need to make our own holiday at one place at one moment in time each year. This holiday would be huge if only we started it. Any good names? :)

FrankRep
02-18-2008, 06:32 PM
John Birch Society Meetup Groups

http://jbs.meetup.com/

rpfreedom08
02-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Amazing how the same smear tactics were tried against Ron Paul.

Yep.... They have the people right where they wanted em' easily controlled and manipulated. It's a shame but a complete reality.

integrity
02-18-2008, 06:35 PM
I am going to join them today. I think it would be awesome if we had a Birch Membership Bomb!

integrity
02-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Joined.

rpfreedom08
02-18-2008, 06:48 PM
yeah I'm starting a meetup in my town as well as I'll join em' officially.

eOs
02-18-2008, 09:32 PM
Should post it in grassroots central, I don't care what anybody says, that place gets more views than a paris hilton sex tape

rpfreedom08
02-18-2008, 09:47 PM
^^^rofl

FrankRep
02-19-2008, 10:56 AM
All this support is very encouraging. The Revolution has just begun!

rpfreedom08
02-19-2008, 12:49 PM
^^^ That's the way I see it. This campaign was just to get the ball rolling and to distinguish between the bandwagoners and the real soldiers that will continue the fight after waking up. There was absolutely no way that after years and years of the CFR's globalization goals and infiltration of our system that we could just all of a sudden elect a president and everything would all be ok. The fact of the matter is, it would have been great if RP would have become president but after seeing how the establishment faught against him, they have done nothing but give merit to what Ron Paul is saying.

FrankRep
02-21-2008, 07:58 AM
^^^ That's the way I see it. This campaign was just to get the ball rolling and to distinguish between the bandwagoners and the real soldiers that will continue the fight after waking up. There was absolutely no way that after years and years of the CFR's globalization goals and infiltration of our system that we could just all of a sudden elect a president and everything would all be ok. The fact of the matter is, it would have been great if RP would have become president but after seeing how the establishment faught against him, they have done nothing but give merit to what Ron Paul is saying.

Exciting times.

Coming up next election, lets be rock solid prepared. All our people running for local offices and possibly a presidential candidate.

Kingfisher
02-21-2008, 08:22 AM
Check out "The New American" a John Birch magazine .... http://www.thenewamerican.com/

Kingfisher
02-21-2008, 08:25 AM
The John Birch Society is THE organization to join to fight the the scoundrels that control our government and the MSM

FindLiberty
02-21-2008, 09:26 AM
Yes, very positive thread started here about the JBS - I really like it.

I'm 15yr+ LP.ORG and JBS.ORG member (I score 100/100 on Nolan chart).

They'll welcome young blood and enthusiasm - You will learn a whole lot!

Avoid potential confrontation topics if any of the following apply...
The JBS is usually way to the right on social issues. They are 100%
OK and are very effective. The New American" publication is a good
source for careful factual information of what's really going on. If you
want liberty (all the way, but short of anarchy) you will discover the JBS is
(foolishly IMO) still against repealing the government's insane war on
SOME drugs though. There seems to be a periodic letter to the
editor on this topic and nasty follow up cackling that may be offensive
to hard core Libertarians who realize EVERYTHING that gubermint
ever touches turns to poo poo or has horrific (unintended?) consequences.

They've loved RP forever, but they never mention the good doctor's take
on the way the "war on SOME drugs" has made matters far, far
worse over the past 75 years.

Get past that and they are still 99.99% OK, ...unless you think killing a baby
is an ideal way to plan a family. Not too happy about in-your-face Gays or
rabid, foul-mouthed Atheists either... They are 110% OK with race and
ethnicity (the most common smear link always mentions the KKK and
that is complete BS and it has NOTHING to do with the JBS).

Tons and tons of books, videos, info... serious RED PILL EDUCATION!

They also have a extensive research Library in Appleton, WI that you can
visit.

Grassroots effective, perfect match with Ron Pail supporters - You bet
they are feared and smeared by gov/MSM.

princessredtights
02-21-2008, 09:42 AM
I just joined and went to my first chapter meeting.

What I like is the amount of research they put into their articles ... also, I like the action points on the pending legislation - they have a menu of different legislation going on (American Freedom Agenda Act of 2007, LOST, HR 1955, etc) with each item prioitized in the order - so you know what to address most urgently.

I'm excited ...

rpfreedom08
02-21-2008, 03:52 PM
I really think every ron paul supporter that wants to keep "in the know" should join the JBS. Again, they have been fighting the anti-americans for a long long time and could teach some of the newb ron paul supporters alot.

Dirt Farmer
02-25-2008, 09:08 AM
Some may wonder, "What does Ron Paul think of The John Birch Society?" Well, here's an excerpt from a New York Times article pulished last June:

In his [Ron Paul's] office one afternoon in June, I asked about his connections to the John Birch Society. “Oh, my goodness, the John Birch Society!” he said in mock horror. “Is that bad? I have a lot of friends in the John Birch Society. They’re generally well educated, and they understand the Constitution. I don’t know how many positions they would have that I don’t agree with. Because they’re real strict constitutionalists, they don’t like the war, they’re hard-money people. . . . ”

That's about as close to an endorsement as one can get!