PDA

View Full Version : I'll tell you what's happening to these forums.....

The One
02-17-2008, 09:08 PM
This place was a breeding ground for unrealistic expectations. People were led to believe that Ron Paul could win this election, but anyone with an ounce of common sense should have known better. Then reality set in after Iowa, NH, and then with Super Tuesday. Even then, there were still people running around here spouting some goofy Ron-Paul-will-win-with-stealth-delegates nonsense. When those who were foolish enough to believe all the hype finally got slapped upside the head with reality, they gave up and left.

This was a fear of mine from the very first time I visited this forum. I was afraid the movement would lose steam when all these people had to come to grips with the reality that we are in for a long, hard fight. I tried several times to post on the subject and point out the reality that what is happening right now is only the infant stages of our fight. I wanted people to know that RP's run for the nomination was only an initial stepping stone to get us started down the path to making real change, but I was attacked and criticized from all sides by people saying I shouldn't be negative about RP winning this election.

If people had known up front that we didn't really expect to win the nomination and that the real goal was just to begin getting the message out and building a coalition, perhaps they wouldn't have felt so let down when the primary results started coming in. When you think of this campaign in terms of getting out our message and gathering an army, it has been a massive success. However, when it's thought of in terms of winning the nomination, it has been a massive failure. It's unfortunate that so many people defined success and framed victory as RP winning the presidency. If success had been accurately and realistically defined, we would all be celebrating our achievements right now, and this forum would still be buzzing with excitement.

Moving forward, imho, we should be trying to bring people back around and preparing them for the long fight. We need to have a snowball effect for many years in order to build a large enough coalition to really be able to bring about the change we desire.

Paulitical Correctness
02-17-2008, 09:10 PM
We're going all the way to the white house, wtf are you talking about?

:rolleyes:

Bubba
02-17-2008, 09:11 PM
and, then came Diebold and the rest was history - over and over and over and over and over again

wgadget
02-17-2008, 09:12 PM
The fat lady is still warming up.

And no one knows what the future holds.

wgadget
02-17-2008, 09:13 PM
One valuable lesson has been the "reality" of the Establishment. With each passing day the truth is made even more evident. Which only gives us more fuel to keep the Revolution going.

nate895
02-17-2008, 09:15 PM
We are gonna win with stealth delegates.

slacker921
02-17-2008, 09:16 PM
.. . and this helps.. how?

Bubba
02-17-2008, 09:20 PM
The fat lady is still warming up.

And no one knows what the future holds.

Diebold knows

The One
02-17-2008, 09:20 PM
.. . and this helps.. how?

Try reading the whole post...I made my suggestion.

I don't think we will keep people in this movement by continuing to tell them that RP can win. People aren't blind. We can continue to build on what we've started, though, by following the suggestion I gave above.

abe447
02-17-2008, 09:23 PM
People were led to believe that this was going to be a day at the beach and if you believed that, I'm sorry you were mistaken. I knew it was probably going to be long and hard and tough. I hope Ron Paul addresses your point about keeping the base together in a future speech. If one person can rally the troops again, it's him.

ghemminger
02-17-2008, 09:26 PM
After we are done licking our wounds - we will rise.....

This movement is not done....

I for one will dedicate my life to Liberty now....

There is no compromise...

Steve_New_Jersey
02-17-2008, 09:28 PM
We had very realistic outlooks on this race. It did not turn out like we had hoped but alot of good has come out of it.

Todd
02-17-2008, 09:31 PM
You're late to the party bud. The whole idea from the very beginning was a long haul 12 step program...The first one being get Ron elected.
If that ultimately doesn't happen...then on to step #2. Look around...it's been happening since before Christmas...mature people like you and me understanding this is about the entire election process.
Some of us aren't disallusioned.

Proof below:

G Hemminger: After we are done licking our wounds - we will rise.....

This movement is not done....

I for one will dedicate my life to Liberty now....

There is no compromise...

A Ron Paul Rebel
02-17-2008, 09:31 PM
It's NOT over and we still have a chance to win!

Nate, shhhhhhhhhhhh D.T.A.F.C.

2orb
02-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Success will happen whether in the short term or far into the future. But we have to fight the battle before us.

Plans are concurrently being laid for the long term but we must take every opportunity to win now!

ghemminger
02-17-2008, 09:49 PM
I'm not sure how to explain what has happened to me over this process - at time I feel like I've been going crazy

I now understand what my mission is

I WILL AND FOEVER DECIDED TO LIVE LIE A FREE MAN FOREVER.......

I will gain control of the GOP and I will gain control of our government - and I have a feeling I will not be alone!!!

The One
02-17-2008, 10:07 PM
Success will happen whether in the short term or far into the future. But we have to fight the battle before us.

Plans are concurrently being laid for the long term but we must take every opportunity to win now!

I agree about fighting the battle before us, and I think we should define what constitutes a victory in that battle.

affa
02-17-2008, 10:22 PM
We've already won and we will continue to win.

Or didn't you get the memo? Ron Paul will be president.

klamath
02-17-2008, 10:27 PM
I been around long enough in politics that I looked at it a lot different than some of the young people on here. When I heard RP was running I said to myself. "he won't get anywhere with a real small government platform but I am voting for him." When I saw the enthusiasm and support for RP I was amazed that there was that many people that really believed in the message. So for me it was "holy cow he did great and has started a movement." The young people that don't have a lot of political history to look back on, said, " holy Sh*t he didn't win!" A loss is only a loss if you don't learn from it.

bcmiller
02-17-2008, 10:43 PM
I don't think you could have generated the type of interest from people without hoping that Ron Paul would win.

If Ron Paul does not win the nomination it is important to feel that sting of loss so that you understand the stakes. If you went in like the Libertarians, knowing you will lose, I don't think you will gain interested youthful followers.

Once you are sold on Ron Paul's message, who is your second choice? Everyone who is voting for Ron Paul is forever ruined for the poll driven candidates. You can't offer meaningless platitudes to people who expect reason and reasons. "What Change?" "Yes we can what?" etc...

So hoping for Ron Paul to win, to the bitter end is important. In the end, Ron Paul will be remembered for planting a seed of truth. I hope we look back fondly as we do at other American heroes who changed the course of history. I fear that we will look back with regret at what might have been had more of us stood together.

The One
02-17-2008, 10:49 PM
I don't think you could have generated the type of interest from people without hoping that Ron Paul would win.

If Ron Paul does not win the nomination it is important to feel that sting of loss so that you understand the stakes. If you went in like the Libertarians, knowing you will lose, I don't think you will gain interested youthful followers.

Once you are sold on Ron Paul's message, who is your second choice? Everyone who is voting for Ron Paul is forever ruined for the poll driven candidates. You can't offer meaningless platitudes to people who expect reason and reasons. "What Change?" "Yes we can what?" etc...

So hoping for Ron Paul to win, to the bitter end is important. In the end, Ron Paul will be remembered for planting a seed of truth. I hope we look back fondly as we do at other American heroes who changed the course of history. I fear that we will look back with regret at what might have been had more of us stood together.

You may have a point about generating interest through the belief that RP will win, so I guess it's a damned if you do/damned if you don't situation. Once that belief that RP will win has been shattered, the interest is lost as well.

kyleAF
02-17-2008, 11:08 PM
I don't think it's entirely over just yet... and I wouldn't discount the stealth delegates bit.

I agree that it's just beginning in earnest... and that it's not ultimately about putting just one man into office. It's about a lot more than that. Now we know that we aren't alone.

MsDoodahs
02-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Now we know that we aren't alone.

:D:D:D

2orb
02-18-2008, 12:34 AM
I agree about fighting the battle before us, and I think we should define what constitutes a victory in that battle.

To be able to claim a victory, I think we will need to get enough delegates to the convention to either win or cause a riff within the party - causing them to question everything they've ever known.

Granted, this may break the GOP but if we drive the wedge far enough it will be an opportunity for Ron Paul Republicans to gain a foothold in the party. Ultimately, we have to become the establishment.

Let's upset their applecart.

Soccrmastr
02-18-2008, 12:39 AM
I'm not sure how to explain what has happened to me over this process - at time I feel like I've been going crazy

I will gain control of the GOP and I will gain control of our government - and I have a feeling I will not be alone!!!

woot woot!

GOP, watch out, you're the Revolutions next target! We will take you over! And then on the next presidential election, we will win!

RonPauledbyYoutube
02-18-2008, 12:49 AM
Guys for me to see this fixation to get RP to the WH is just a waste of time and resources.

I agree with TheOne about the high expectations because we all hoped to get RP to the WH but reality has settled for me.

I was one of those scepticals who never beleived that the GOP would give RP the nomination but I was relying on the people to overwhelm the GOP and force RP's nomination. That didn't happen. Period. End of story. Let's move on to the next battle.

We have a great opportunity before us to take on the establishment through congressionial seats. There are a bunch of guys with RP's platform running for house seats. If you are not running, prepare and educate yourself for 2010.

I am not running this time around because I will be getting surgery performed in the following weeks and will need to rest for a couple of months. That would make it impossible for me to campaign. Besides I need to build up some political rep in town. But I have pledge to run for house seat in 2010.

They have won the battle but the war is only beginning.

Libertytree
02-18-2008, 12:52 AM
The victory in this battle is that every time someone awakens to the message of freedom and that epiphany propels them to vote for those principles and/or drives them to be proactive in the movement, THAT is victory!!!

It grows exponentially, 1 at a time X 5/10/20/40 etc..like a ripple ever expanding.

I've been preaching the RP message for 25 years, and after all these many years words cannot begin to express the satisfaction and gladness in my heart that I feel when I see so many thousands/millions awakening from their slumber, let alone becoming passionate and driven to the ideology and doctrine of the Constitution.

We've come farther in the past year than we have in the last 50 years!!! No small feat my friends and I wish I could throw you all a party because this accomplishment is nothing short of amazing.

The delegate process is daunting but is priceless in terms of knowledge and potential outcome, if nothing else they will know that we were there and that we now have their number. How long is it before they realize their glory days are history?

Joseph Hart
02-18-2008, 01:04 AM
Whats happening is that other supports from other candidates are spamming their opinions through a filter that may or may not be within the message of Ron Paul.
STAY TRUE TO WHAT YOU BELIEVE! Not some whacko that thinks different.

I know theres impostors in here because I only see the negativity in these forums. Look toward your meetups. You wont see any naysayers there. <- if you disagree with that your not a supporter in MY EYES. and thats my opinion so don't argue it.

Tronchaser
02-18-2008, 01:09 AM
I must have not got the "Give up and go home" memo...

I'm now the precinct chairman in my precinct.
I'm now a delegate to my county convention.
I'm on the platform committee of that same county.
I'm slated to run for national delegate at our district convention here in 12 days.

I ain't givin' up the ghost just yet. :)

Joseph Hart
02-18-2008, 01:12 AM

I'm slated to run for national delegate at our district convention here in 12 days.

Congratulations, Im right there with you.

the Winner is (R0N P@uL)
02-18-2008, 01:14 AM
We've already won and we will continue to win.

Or didn't you get the memo? Ron Paul will be president.

....and then you Woke Up

:mad:

JohnnyWrath
02-18-2008, 01:16 AM
Keep this in mind...a lot of us were living this day and night for a year...it doesn't mean that we have given up on the cause if we are not visiting this site as much or working as hard...some people just need a break.

Seriously, a lot of our wives/girlfriends/families/boyfriends/ husbands have been ignored for quite awhile while so many dedicated so much time to this effort...

the Winner is (R0N P@uL)
02-18-2008, 01:19 AM

maybe you didn't watch the Ron Paul video released this past week

if you can't read between the lines Ron said, "Give up and go home, I have."

he is in Texas trying to save his House Seat, he is not running for President

like John Lennon said, "The Dream is Over"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U7zqDjfuloA

RonPauledbyYoutube
02-18-2008, 01:22 AM

Hey, no one is suggesting to change your vote or to just cross your arms and do nothing. Heck, TX primaries are on 3/4/08 and I'll be voting RP. Yet, I know by fact that the GOP and DNC have agendas and RP doesn't fit in. We all don't fit in.

So we all have to keep on fighting but we can not be fixated to something we know is not going to happen. I am convinced about this. The GOP will nominate a pro-war idiot to continue with their agenda.

But if we wise enough, we can stop them in their tracks by getting people with RP's views in congress. This time aroung we have a whole bunch of prople running. By 2010, if we organize, I think we can get majority in the house.

I am not giving up this war. Yet, we must be wise and rethink our strategy!

aksmith
02-18-2008, 01:44 AM
To be able to claim a victory, I think we will need to get enough delegates to the convention to either win or cause a riff within the party - causing them to question everything they've ever known.

Granted, this may break the GOP but if we drive the wedge far enough it will be an opportunity for Ron Paul Republicans to gain a foothold in the party. Ultimately, we have to become the establishment.

Let's upset their applecart.

The only way to wise up the GOP is to make them lose with a third party/independent run. They'll likely lose anyway, but a well-funded Ron Paul Republican will drive them into dust. Anyone who's dealt with the GOP during this process has seen that it's rotten from the inside out. The "good people" of the GOP are deluded. They still think Reagan was a saint, and not a failed big government, senile pawn. I was at a meeting yesterday where a Republican "True Believer" read stirring quote from Saint Ron, apparently unaware that Saint Ron had a speech writer and I recognized at least half the quotes as being stolen directly from old proverbs. We are barely making a dent in this giant decaying carcass of a party.

By bringing in a candidate with some credibility like a governor or former governor (Think Mark Sanford and Gary Johnson) and giving them our support (think of someone better, I don't know enough about the possibilities) with funding up front and having them only run in the general election, we'll get right past all the B.S. of the primaries where we can be worn down through attrition and corruption. Bring in a fresh face like one of those two or another RP Republican to run as independent and people will be looking to get away from the tiresome rhetoric they've been exposed to for the last year.

We need to make them lose and do it over and over and over until they choke on the futility of trying to marginalize freedom anymore. And by seriously funding an independent run and doing it every election with a Ron Paul Republican if necessary, we can accomplish that. There is really no other way in my estimation. The process within the party is completely corrupt and unreachable through even the courts because it's a private corporation during the primary season. Not to mention the judges are in on the game.

chiefsmurph
02-18-2008, 02:11 AM
Alleluia!

Laughingcow
02-18-2008, 02:22 AM
woot woot!

GOP, watch out, you're the Revolutions next target! We will take you over! And then on the next presidential election, we will win!

What are you people, I didn't think you were real Repubs. Somebody the other day called me a neocon, but who are the real liars. Your just a bunch of libertarians in Repub clothing. I'm glad I saw the light...

N13
02-18-2008, 02:32 AM
If a 6 turned out to be 9.

Lovecraftian4Paul
02-18-2008, 04:22 AM
What are you people, I didn't think you were real Repubs. Somebody the other day called me a neocon, but who are the real liars. Your just a bunch of libertarians in Repub clothing. I'm glad I saw the light...

Duh. Why should we be retarded party hacks, neo-con or not? The Republican Party has gutted this country even worse than the Democrats could have the last eight years. They deserve to be spat upon, punished, or at least taken over by liberty-minded people capable of doing a better job.

LibertyEagle
02-18-2008, 04:48 AM

I'm a Goldwater-Conservative. How about you?

Fields
02-18-2008, 05:00 AM
I'm a Goldwater-Conservative. How about you?

Same here. What solidified it was after I read The Conscience of a Conservative by Barry Goldwater.

Conza88
02-18-2008, 05:28 AM
Ron Paul's already won..
we just have to wait.. *sigh*

I've already bought my tickets... coming 12,000miles to see ALL YA'LL MOTHER FKERS AT THE INAUGURATION! :D

Bluedevil
02-18-2008, 06:34 AM
and, then came Diebold and the rest was history - over and over and over and over and over again

If you stop and ask 10 random people on the street who they are voting for, how many do you think would say Ron Paul? I would be shocked to find one. I believe the election results.

srps2233
02-18-2008, 07:21 AM
I'll admit I'm one of the ones that lost a bit of steam recently and only visit here sporadically now. But think of it this way: look how much progress has been made. People's eyes are starting to open, and even if they have not embraced the message, it is out there. We have FOUR YEARS to spread this message, through every channel available. We should keep up with the little projects. Instead of an ad in the newspaper for Ron Paul, have an ad in the newspaper for small government. Expose the MSM wherever you can (when it is valid). If we can each save up $2300, we could have an absolutely phonomenal moneybomb in the next four years.

Above all, STOP THE TINFOIL HATTERY. It DOES NOT help when you are explaining civil liberties and so forth to have someone babbling about how the Mexico and the Canada are going to eat the United States and the Illuminati Jewlizards are taking over and whatever the hell.

liberteebell
02-18-2008, 07:46 AM
I been around long enough in politics that I looked at it a lot different than some of the young people on here. When I heard RP was running I said to myself. "he won't get anywhere with a real small government platform but I am voting for him." When I saw the enthusiasm and support for RP I was amazed that there was that many people that really believed in the message. So for me it was "holy cow he did great and has started a movement." The young people that don't have a lot of political history to look back on, said, " holy Sh*t he didn't win!" A loss is only a loss if you don't learn from it.

What klamath said! Especially that last sentence. Continual analysis and learning from mistakes is the only way to improve.

mjp1025
02-18-2008, 07:59 AM
Until someone of major authority exposes the vote fraud in this country, the status quo will continue.

liberteebell
02-18-2008, 08:17 AM
I don't think it's entirely over just yet... and I wouldn't discount the stealth delegates bit.

I agree that it's just beginning in earnest... and that it's not ultimately about putting just one man into office. It's about a lot more than that. Now we know that we aren't alone.

For years, I thought I was alone. Up until I met all the Ron Paul people, I didn't know another female in my age group, except for one of my sisters, who understood libertarian principles. And now...having all these new liberty loving instant friends of every age, gender and background remains the coolest thing about this campaign.

I know now that this huge group of individuals is a force to be reckoned with. We may not win the presidency right now but we've already influenced politics at every level in real time thanks to the internet. It took years for Barry Goldwater's ideas to take hold.

The other candidates are not "stealing" Ron Paul's ideas because the sort-of like the sound of them; it's because they recognize that those issues actually resonate with a huge group of people; that would be US :D. And if Rudy and the others really do get educated, that's winning.

Look at all the people who have taken over their local committees, written resolutions with our principles in mind and challenged the status quo in every way, shape and form.

Think about all the people who have awakened. I know all of y'all have gratifying personal stories :D:D

For those of you down and out about the primaries/caucuses, please reflect on the many battles we have won and use those as a springboard to continuing the fight. We have a lifetime ahead of us to win back our country.

SilentBull
02-18-2008, 08:32 AM
what we need is to start our local GOP parties. That's what Ron Paul wants. That's how we can take the party back.

Drknows
02-18-2008, 09:24 AM

He thinks hes a conservative because he watches fox news. I bet you have posters of hannity all over your room.

WilliamC
02-18-2008, 09:28 AM

I've been reading your posts for a while George, and you are crazy :D

That's ok, I'm with you man!

WilliamC
02-18-2008, 09:33 AM

Oh look, it's LaughingCow, one of the herd mentality supporters.

Still trying to campaign for McCain here in the RonPaulForums?

Along with the Huckabee and Obama supporters?

heh heh.

acmegeek
02-18-2008, 09:37 AM
For those of us that really get it, Ron has won. The Whitehouse will be gravy.

Dr. Paul knew that there was a cancer deep inside the very core of America. He has been planning the treatment for some time. We, those now fired up with eyes wide open, are an essential part of his plan.

What he has started is far from over. I'm still in it to win it, but I know that just having Ron as President isn't enough to enact all he proposes. The big picture is a wholesale replacement of the establishment by those who have chosen to take the red pill... The big picture is The Revolution.

I now know that there are thousands if not tens of thousands of like-minded patriots across this country.

We have awoken.

We are informed.

We are getting ready.

We are The Revolution.

the_bee
02-18-2008, 09:38 AM
This place was a breeding ground for unrealistic expectations. People were led to believe that Ron Paul could win this election, but anyone with an ounce of common sense should have known better. Then reality set in after Iowa, NH, and then with Super Tuesday. Even then, there were still people running around here spouting some goofy Ron-Paul-will-win-with-stealth-delegates nonsense. When those who were foolish enough to believe all the hype finally got slapped upside the head with reality, they gave up and left.

This was a fear of mine from the very first time I visited this forum. I was afraid the movement would lose steam when all these people had to come to grips with the reality that we are in for a long, hard fight. I tried several times to post on the subject and point out the reality that what is happening right now is only the infant stages of our fight. I wanted people to know that RP's run for the nomination was only an initial stepping stone to get us started down the path to making real change, but I was attacked and criticized from all sides by people saying I shouldn't be negative about RP winning this election.

If people had known up front that we didn't really expect to win the nomination and that the real goal was just to begin getting the message out and building a coalition, perhaps they wouldn't have felt so let down when the primary results started coming in. When you think of this campaign in terms of getting out our message and gathering an army, it has been a massive success. However, when it's thought of in terms of winning the nomination, it has been a massive failure. It's unfortunate that so many people defined success and framed victory as RP winning the presidency. If success had been accurately and realistically defined, we would all be celebrating our achievements right now, and this forum would still be buzzing with excitement.

Moving forward, imho, we should be trying to bring people back around and preparing them for the long fight. We need to have a snowball effect for many years in order to build a large enough coalition to really be able to bring about the change we desire.

I agree to a point, but we should not give up on the convention …who knows what could happen.......on the other hand.. We absolutely need to keep the movement going and build and build and build and keep building until we are so massive we can take over!!!!

WilliamC
02-18-2008, 09:43 AM
I agree to a point, but we should not give up on the convention …who knows what could happen.......on the other hand.. We absolutely need to keep the movement going and build and build and build and keep building until we are so massive we can take over!!!!

Continued growth is the key.

I don't know where the critical mass will be, but if we can get 1 million dedicated Ron Paul Patriots involved in politics I don't think we can lose.

Even several hundred thousand activists will make a huge impact on the system.

My only fear is how the establishment will react, and if they will unleash violence to repress the population.

ronpaulhawaii
02-18-2008, 09:43 AM

Dr. Paul knew that there was a cancer deep inside the very core of America. He has been planning the treatment for some time. We, those now fired up with eyes wide open, are an essential part of his plan.

What he has started is far from over. I'm still in it to win it, but I know that just having Ron as President isn't enough to enact all he proposes. The big picture is a wholesale replacement of the establishment by those who have chosen to take the red pill... The big picture is The Revolution.

I now know that there are thousands if not tens of thousands of like-minded patriots across this country.

We have awoken.

We are informed.

We are getting ready.

We are The Revolution.

+2008

One thing that could improve our little space here is for people to not respond to negative threads/obvious trolls - flag and ignore - let them sink into the archives - thanks

Todd
02-18-2008, 10:05 AM

If you think a libertarianism isn't something conducive to being a Republican..You need a history lesson. So start boning up on your William F. Buckley, and Barry Goldwater histories....a couple of the founding fathers of the present day conservatives. (until it went astray).
Libertarians are only considered bastard step children in the Republican party because they haven't bandwagoned with the big government Republican mentality of the last 20 years, but there has ALWAYS been a strong libertarian streak at the heart of conservatism.

Do your Homework.

Start with Goldwater's "The conscience of a conservative" and then watch Reagan's "A Time for choosing " speech.
And get back with me and tell me how that reflects the Bush, Romney or McCain administration

CurtisLow
02-18-2008, 11:27 AM
Do your best!

It's not over until your 6 ft. under.

stevedasbach
02-18-2008, 12:33 PM
The only way to wise up the GOP is to make them lose with a third party/independent run. They'll likely lose anyway, but a well-funded Ron Paul Republican will drive them into dust. Anyone who's dealt with the GOP during this process has seen that it's rotten from the inside out. The "good people" of the GOP are deluded. They still think Reagan was a saint, and not a failed big government, senile pawn. I was at a meeting yesterday where a Republican "True Believer" read stirring quote from Saint Ron, apparently unaware that Saint Ron had a speech writer and I recognized at least half the quotes as being stolen directly from old proverbs. We are barely making a dent in this giant decaying carcass of a party.

By bringing in a candidate with some credibility like a governor or former governor (Think Mark Sanford and Gary Johnson) and giving them our support (think of someone better, I don't know enough about the possibilities) with funding up front and having them only run in the general election, we'll get right past all the B.S. of the primaries where we can be worn down through attrition and corruption. Bring in a fresh face like one of those two or another RP Republican to run as independent and people will be looking to get away from the tiresome rhetoric they've been exposed to for the last year.

We need to make them lose and do it over and over and over until they choke on the futility of trying to marginalize freedom anymore. And by seriously funding an independent run and doing it every election with a Ron Paul Republican if necessary, we can accomplish that. There is really no other way in my estimation. The process within the party is completely corrupt and unreachable through even the courts because it's a private corporation during the primary season. Not to mention the judges are in on the game.

Sanford is still wedded to the Republican Party. He won't run 3rd party.

Gary Johnson isn't trying to climb the ladder in the RP, so if he could be convinced that running for President would help advance the issues he cares about, he might consider doing it.

The best option may be former four-term Repblican Congressman Bob Barr (R-GA). He's the person who introduced Dr. Paul at CPAC.

He has already left the RP for the Libertarian Party and would have an excellent chance of getting the LP nomination. He is a Constitutionalist like Paul and has been an outspoken critic of the Patriot Act and other affronts to our civil liberties.

nobody's_hero
02-18-2008, 12:54 PM
All that has happened so far is that we have realised it may not be possible to get the Republican nomination.

So what? Who needs 'em?

nobody's_hero
02-18-2008, 12:58 PM

I used to be a neo-con.

used to. . . .

I don't know what I am now, since I get this strong urge to break someone's jaw when they try to label me anything other than American.

Libertarian, Republican, Liberal, Democrat, Conservative.

Blah, blah, blah.

"I am what I am, and that's all that I am." - Popeye

WilliamC
02-18-2008, 01:03 PM
I used to be a neo-con.

used to. . . .

I don't know what I am now, since I get this strong urge to break someone's jaw when they try to label me anything other than American.

Libertarian, Republican, Liberal, Democrat, Conservative.

Blah, blah, blah.

"I am what I am, and that's all that I am." - Popeye

You're an individual.

fedup100
02-18-2008, 01:23 PM
I used to think it would take a long while to fix the enormous problems within this government which are too numerous to bother mentioning. The coming depression, which is coming to a neighborhood near you real soon, will be a backfire the fed gov didn't plan on. The sheeple are about to be bitch slapped awake and oh boy, they are going to raise ole billy hell in that scenario.

Don't worry about Paul being put into the white house, after the crash, they will be begging him to step in and fix it. We need to keep him safe, he is our modern day Robert E. Lee.

wfd40
02-18-2008, 01:23 PM
the official campaign will be remembered for one thing and one thing only....

The worst bunch of losers ever to have run a presidential election since Dean in 04. But unlike Dean, Paul did not have "a moment".. nay... his entire public image was "a moment"...

The morning after 4.2million dollars came in should have been the morning official HQ sent out a message to the MSM and washington alike that they were willing to do the things necessary to win. Consultants, All-star advisors, SPEECH COACHES, PR FIRM, SPEECH WRITERS, reporters, legitimate ad buys, top-down management etc. etc.

In other words, this campaign was over and lost nov. 6th... the day the paul campaign did nothing

Todd
02-18-2008, 01:38 PM

We have awoken.

We are informed.

We are getting ready.

We are The Revolution.

I seem to remember after one debate...Rudy told Ron...."Gosh!...You have alot of supporters."

According to legend. Ron said to Rudy.

"This is only the beginning"

Todd
02-18-2008, 01:41 PM
the official campaign will be remembered for one thing and one thing only....

The worst bunch of losers ever to have run a presidential election since Dean in 04. But unlike Dean, Paul did not have "a moment".. nay... his entire public image was "a moment"...

The morning after 4.2million dollars came in should have been the morning official HQ sent out a message to the MSM and washington alike that they were willing to do the things necessary to win. Consultants, All-star advisors, SPEECH COACHES, PR FIRM, SPEECH WRITERS, reporters, legitimate ad buys, top-down management etc. etc.

In other words, this campaign was over and lost nov. 6th... the day the paul campaign did nothing

Ya know...I can't really say I can argue with that.

But let's hope we the grassroots learned something so that we can become the next "campaign" and the movers and shakers. It's up to us to make sure it never happens again

So thanks for the reminder...

Now QFT and make the necessary changes. :)

tsetsefly
02-18-2008, 01:45 PM
agree many of us warned that the message was more important than the campaign...

fedup100
02-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Ya know...I can't really say I can argue with that.

But let's hope we the grassroots learned something so that we can become the next "campaign" and the movers and shakers. It's up to us to make sure it never happens again

So thanks for the reminder...

Now QFT and make the necessary changes. :)

Well at least Lew Moore and his wife had a good year financially. I would say more but I am unable to speak without many curse words.

wfd40
02-18-2008, 01:51 PM
Well at least Lew Moore and his wife had a good year financially. I would say more but I am unable to speak without many curse words.

no no.. by all means, do tell..

People have a right to know about how it all went down.

ghemminger
02-18-2008, 04:03 PM
no no.. by all means, do tell..

People have a right to know about how it all went down.

Just read the campaign expenditures report

slamhead
02-18-2008, 04:23 PM
I will hold onto my optimism until the last vote is cast at the convention in September.