PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul is winning the state of Nevada.

m72mc
02-17-2008, 07:57 PM
http://www.connietalk.com/ron_paul_takes_nevada_021708.html

Ron Paul is winning the state of Nevada. With 1,750 of Nevada's 1,789 precincts reporting, the results of which are available Nevada GOP's website: Mitt Romney would have taken the state at 51%, but has since dropped out of the race, making Ron Paul's 13% currently the winner. Ron Paul has 5,802 votes; 192 more than John McCain's 5,610, and 5% more than Mike Huckabee's 3,519.

Here is a list of reasons I've heard from both Republican voters and on-the-fence voters - from he doesn't have enough support, to people aren't interested in him, to people aren't voting for him - followed up with facts. Au contraire, mon fr�re!

"He doesn't have enough support."
Ron Paul has 1,613 meetup groups in 1,191 cities.
Mike Huckabee has 508 meetup groups in 444 cities.
John McCain has 8 meetup groups in 8 cities.

"People aren't interested in him."
Ron Paul consistently (and substantially) outranked both of his GOP competitors - Mike Huckabee and John McCain - in Google searches in the last 12 months. Google is the #1 search engine in the world (though the link above just measures the U.S., for purposed of who may be qualified to vote).

"His campaign won't have enough money."
In the last quarter of 2007, Ron Paul beat his own fundraising record of $4.3 million in 24 hours, and made national history with the highest fundraising amount in one day in the U.S. presidential race, ever: $6 million in 24 hours.

"He can't fix the economy."
Whether or not you agree with his ideas on how to revive America's economy, there is no question on the fact that Ron Paul is the only candidate of the Republican and Democratic parties left in the race whose campaign has $0 in debts to any company or individual. Look at the debts column. Paul leads by example when he preaches on not borrowing what we don't have.

"He hasn't won any states."
Ron Paul took 1st place in Montana and Nevada, and 2nd place in Alaska, North Dakota, Nevada, and Louisiana thusfar. Many of the primary and caucus results for the states that have voted already are incomplete or not yet available, and what many people are assuming is fact are just projections by the media.

"I don't know enough about him."
You watch too much television, then.

Alright, that last one was a joke...sort of.

kirkblitz
02-17-2008, 07:57 PM
what

billjarrett
02-17-2008, 08:03 PM
That's all fine and good, but we need the delegates, not #1 in beauty contest because Romney dropped out.

Bubba
02-17-2008, 09:38 PM
"I don't know enough about him."
You watch too much television, then.

Perfect!

pacelli
02-17-2008, 09:42 PM
That's great! So mitt's Nevada delegates are released then?

nate895
02-17-2008, 09:45 PM
That's great! So mitt's Nevada delegates are released then?

It was a caucus, so they're gonna show up, or hopefully not show up, and we will get a ton of delegates.

Crickett
02-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Sounds great to me!

jake
02-17-2008, 09:56 PM
ahh , good old connietalk.com .

robert4rp08
02-17-2008, 10:11 PM
eh, wasn't the nevada caucus a month ago? so confused.......

filmmaker58
02-17-2008, 10:37 PM
Nevadas County conventions are coming up March 8th. I'm a county coordinator, and in my county we have the potential to get 61 delegates to go to the state convention april 22, to help decide who the 37 delegates will be to go to the national convention. At the caucus on Jan 19th in my county, Ron Paul got the majority of the delegates (probably 70 percent), and the rest were Romney's so they might not even show up. we expect the central committee executive board to try and change the rules at the last minute to prevent us from going, but are getting prepared for the fight.