PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Straw Poll - This weekend

austin356
08-14-2007, 01:51 AM
ALL Ron Paul supporters in Alabama are required to show up in Tuscaloosa this Saturday for the Republican Assembly Straw Poll.

If you need a ticket it will be provided, at no cost.

If you need a ride, it can be arranged.

If you want a lunch, it will be provided.

If you want to make a difference, get off your asses and show up!

Shoot me an email if you want me to register you and have your $35 cost covered.
austinw356@gmail.com

OOO Forumers I have some REALLY good news about this event, but cannot say it on here until this Saturday.

happyphilter
08-14-2007, 01:58 AM
Wow sounds good. EVERYONE BETTER SHOW. and get this word out if you know alabamers, because not all of them visit the forums.

Jon S
08-14-2007, 02:02 AM
dang i wanna know the good news haha. ima be grounded as hell by saturday.

Keith
08-14-2007, 07:10 AM
My wife and I sent our check in on Saturday and are eagerly waiting for our tickets to arrive. We are very excited to have an opportunity to vote in this straw poll.

Slugg
08-14-2007, 07:43 AM
Awesome!!! Bump.. I am not in alabama, but let me know if there is anything i can do to help.

beermotor
08-14-2007, 08:24 AM
Do you have to be an alabama resident to vote? What about alabama natives residing in georgia? ;)

JaylieWoW
08-14-2007, 08:46 AM
Confirming 2 Alabama residents for Ron Paul who will be attending!

Woo HOO!! I can't wait!

Keith
08-14-2007, 09:11 AM
Do you have to be an alabama resident to vote? What about alabama natives residing in georgia? ;)

They require a Photo ID to vote which probably means that you have to have a current Alabama Drivers License.

------------------------------------------------------------
Make your plans to attend the ALABAMA 2008 PRESIDENTIAL PREFERENCE STRAW POLL Sponsored by the: West Alabama Republican Assembly (WARA)

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Date: Saturday - August 18, 2007

Time: 10AM – 2 PM

Come make our CONSERVATIVE VOICE known in the State of Alabama!
--------------------------------------------
WARA 2007 Straw Poll Registration Form
Date: August 18, 2007 Bryant Conference Center
At the University of Alabama

Name(1): ______________________________________
Name (2) : _____________________________________
Address: _______________________________________
City:__________________ St. ____ Zip_____________
Phone:_____________ Email:______________________
Delegate registration and meal:
Postmarked By August 11 $25.00 #________ 1/2
After August 11 or at door $35.00 #________
Children meal price $15.00 # ___ 3
Total enclosed $________
1 thanks to corporate sponsors, $25 price extended thru August 11.
2 order as many tickets as you wish, individuals must be present with photo ID to vote
3 children under 18 are not eligible to vote

Make Checks Payable to "WARA"
Mail to: 527 Main Avenue, Suite G
Northport, Alabama 35476

The Alabama Republican Assembly is a conservative organization. By supporting this event you are helping a good conservative organization and you will create media attention worth hundreds of thousands to your favorite candidate. http://www.al-ra.org
http://www.al-ra.org/about_alra.htm

austin356
08-14-2007, 01:29 PM
My wife and I sent our check in on Saturday and are eagerly waiting for our tickets to arrive. We are very excited to have an opportunity to vote in this straw poll.

I don't think tickets will be coming to you; Instead since you already registered they will have your information at the door.

JaylieWoW
08-14-2007, 03:23 PM
I shot an email from work. I included my cell phone number.

I also wanted to say I have 2 seats in my car for anyone who needs a ride. I will be coming from I-20 East (Leeds/Moody area). Also, I would LOVE to help pass out literature or anything else that needs doing. This will be my first "on-the-ground" contribution to the campaign and I'm REALLY excited!!!

austin356
08-14-2007, 03:30 PM
We are caravaning for all people coming from the N, E, and S.

Meet at exit 108 (academy dr) which is at the 459 and 20/59 junction, at 9:15 AM.

100 cars in a caravan on their way to Tuscaloosa. What a sight!

Eli
08-14-2007, 03:31 PM
This is awesome!
What can we do to get more ppl from the state there?

austin356
08-14-2007, 03:34 PM
I shot an email from work. I included my cell phone number.

I also wanted to say I have 2 seats in my car for anyone who needs a ride. I will be coming from I-20 East (Leeds/Moody area). Also, I would LOVE to help pass out literature or anything else that needs doing. This will be my first "on-the-ground" contribution to the campaign and I'm REALLY excited!!!

received and taken care of!

I forwarded your question about your daughter to Shana who can give a for sure answer. Right now I think it is free admission for her, but if she wants whatever lunch they are serving it will probably be like $15 or so.

austin356
08-14-2007, 03:40 PM
This is awesome!
What can we do to get more ppl from the state there?

I don't know. I am doing everything I can. We also have alot of good people working on this, but all anyone can do is try to convince a supporter(s) to come.
Explain to them they can have everything provided for them; A ticket, a lunch, and a ride (from the nearest metro).

Send me an email if you want to register anyone

Keith
08-14-2007, 03:44 PM
I should have mentioned earlier that I live in Tuscaloosa and am willing to help on the ground as well.

hummtide
08-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Of all the weekends I gotta work, its this one! :( Otherwise, Id be showing up with pride! anywho, those whove never been to the University of Alabama campus, enjoy the sights there... like insane Alabama fans drooling over the chance to get a glimpse of Bear Bryant The Next Generation... Nick Saban! :D

austin356
08-14-2007, 03:56 PM
I should have mentioned earlier that I live in Tuscaloosa and am willing to help on the ground as well.

Well do you have a folding table or two that can be used as a candidate table?

I am considering bringing my 32" flat panel and showing speeches and videos.

Good idea?

Of all the weekends I gotta work, its this one! :( Otherwise, Id be showing up with pride! anywho, those whove never been to the University of Alabama campus, enjoy the sights there... like insane Alabama fans drooling over the chance to get a glimpse of Bear Bryant The Next Generation... Nick Saban! :D

Oh my; This place has gone mad. Student tickets sold out in minutes when they went on sale. Now they are bing marked up literally 2,500%. BUMMER.

Keith
08-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Well do you have a folding table or two that can be used as a candidate table?

I am considering bringing my 32" flat panel and showing speeches and videos.

Good idea?

Very good idea. I will see what I can find. Will there be a place for us to set up a display?

rich34
08-14-2007, 04:05 PM
You guy's try to drag as many people to the straw poll as you possibly can. Good luck and thanks a lot!

honkywill
08-14-2007, 04:14 PM
I can't wait.

The way it looks 8 people from the Ozark, Dothan area will be making the trip and the vote!

WE GOTTA BURY FRED THOMPSON!

Alabama Supporter
08-14-2007, 04:29 PM
This should be fun. Lets keep most of the details out of the public forum though.