PDA

View Full Version : >great tool for both getting people to the march and to the polls.<

the_bee
02-17-2008, 10:38 AM
I propose we as Ron Paul supporters have a little contest.
The reason for this contest is ….. We know what the constitution says we know how to state our believes. We talk in our own language we say things like liberty and freedom and les government and sound money and founding fathers ect, but the average American does not understand this type of stuff…They do not know what the hell we are talking about !!!! They just don’t! So we need to say thing in terms the average American can understand…. Some things I think might work (but I might be wrong so I need your help) things like …. “Do you want the city or state government to be able to tell how to manage your property?” “Do you want the government to dictate what your children are being taught is school?” “Do you want the government to tell your DR. how they can and can’t treat you?” “If you own your property why do you have to pay taxes on it?” “If on your property you have a car sitting in your Driveway should anyone be able to tell you …. You can’t have it there for longer than 72 hours?” “Should a cop be able to give you ticket for having forgotten your drivers license?”
“should the government be able to tell you cant open a business without a permit?” anyway you get the idea we should be able to come up with some simple little advertisement type speeches to get the average person to understand what we are talking about. Please help me with this as I think this would be a great tool for both getting people to the march and to the polls.

Thanks …….The_Bee:D

Cowlesy
02-17-2008, 10:48 AM
Absolutely agree with the psychological tactic above. It's very important to frame situations where people need to stop and think for a second about how they would feel about any of your scenarios.

Only thing I'd add is when asking rhetoricals, don't make them too outlandish -- I've experimented with those and sometimes people just roll their eyes.

For instance, "Do you think the government should be allowed to take your earnings?" will just provoke "well i like my running water, fire department and that we can defend our nation" --- so why not try, "You go to work everyday to earn a living. Why should a person in Washington appropriate your money to fund drug awareness centers in Philadelphia, infrastructure programs in Tanzania or military aid to Egypt? I'll pay taxes for essential services and to keep the country safe, but do you understand how much of your earnings they scoop up to give to other people who have no connection to you? Do you go to work so they can benefit?"

the_bee
02-17-2008, 11:03 AM
Absolutely agree with the psychological tactic above. It's very important to frame situations where people need to stop and think for a second about how they would feel about any of your scenarios.

Only thing I'd add is when asking rhetoricals, don't make them too outlandish -- I've experimented with those and sometimes people just roll their eyes.

For instance, "Do you think the government should be allowed to take your earnings?" will just provoke "well i like my running water, fire department and that we can defend our nation" --- so why not try, "You go to work everyday to earn a living. Why should a person in Washington appropriate your money to fund drug awareness centers in Philadelphia, infrastructure programs in Tanzania or military aid to Egypt? I'll pay taxes for essential services and to keep the country safe, but do you understand how much of your earnings they scoop up to give to other people who have no connection to you? Do you go to work so they can benefit?"

I agree and I totally understand, but I think even that is too complicated as I don’t think most people can understand even that! … We have to make it simple as possible

Tarzan
02-17-2008, 12:12 PM
I propose we as Ron Paul supporters have a little contest.
The reason for this contest is ….. We know what the constitution says we know how to state our believes. We talk in our own language we say things like liberty and freedom and les government and sound money and founding fathers ect, but the average American does not understand this type of stuff…They do not know what the hell we are talking about !!!! They just don’t! So we need to say thing in terms the average American can understand…. Some things I think might work (but I might be wrong so I need your help) things like …. “Do you want the city or state government to be able to tell how to manage your property?” “Do you want the government to dictate what your children are being taught is school?” “Do you want the government to tell your DR. how they can and can’t treat you?” “If you own your property why do you have to pay taxes on it?” “If on your property you have a car sitting in your Driveway should anyone be able to tell you …. You can’t have it there for longer than 72 hours?” “Should a cop be able to give you ticket for having forgotten your drivers license?”
“should the government be able to tell you cant open a business without a permit?” anyway you get the idea we should be able to come up with some simple little advertisement type speeches to get the average person to understand what we are talking about. Please help me with this as I think this would be a great tool for both getting people to the march and to the polls.

I totally agree with your idea. Part of the problem has been that there is no clarity in "The Message". I needs to be made simplier and more understandable... and relative to people on an individual basis.

The problem with your examples is that most of them have nothing to do with the Constitution and the controls place on the federal government. The ideas you used appear to come straight from the Libertarian party... not from what the Constitution says.

If we are going to have "talking notes" they need to be correct and based on the Constitution and the purpose of the federal government. What individual states are allowed to do is quite different and most of what you suggest is a different battle. The ideas of the Libertarian party are not mine. The talking points should be based on the Constitution only... not any one particular party.

Captain Shays
02-17-2008, 12:18 PM
Do you guys realize that we're up against a population that has been systematically dumbed down for three generations?

No wonder they are willing advocates of one world government, fascist controls over their personal lives and the emergence fo the police state. No wonder they fall in line with the stupidity of re-distributions of wealth.

Do you think they ever really think about the statements like "we have a responsibility as the only super power" to do_______?
Who makes up the rules for being the only super power? Who designs what our "responsibilities" are under that form of governance? What happens to the Constitution which is our written law when the subjective authoritarian governing individuals dictate to us our unwritten responsibilities?

What about the Republicans who we are up against? Don't you think they have it sewen up when they say things like "Democrats are weak on defense" while they act just like the globalist police the world and "make the world safe for democracy" Democrats themselves who they chide?

How many people out in this twisted world never question how it would be "surrender" to terrorists or Iraqi's if we change our policies and uphold our Constitution and bring all of our troops home? The idiots buy right into it and Insane McCain is the party choice (like Ghoulaini was before him). They really believe it would be surrender. America surrendering? Come on! We destroyed their infrastructure.We captured and killed their president. We set up a new government. We have hundreds of thousands of nuclear bombs. We have the most powerful military in the world and these idiots still believe if we leave its likened to surrender. This is what we're up against folks.

So if you want to engage in slogans they had better be very simplistic, to the point and very hard to argue against otherwise they will fall on def ears and eyes and dumbed down minds.

the_bee
02-17-2008, 01:55 PM
I totally agree with your idea. Part of the problem has been that there is no clarity in "The Message". I needs to be made simplier and more understandable... and relative to people on an individual basis.

The problem with your examples is that most of them have nothing to do with the Constitution and the controls place on the federal government. The ideas you used appear to come straight from the Libertarian party... not from what the Constitution says.

If we are going to have "talking notes" they need to be correct and based on the Constitution and the purpose of the federal government. What individual states are allowed to do is quite different and most of what you suggest is a different battle. The ideas of the Libertarian party are not mine. The talking points should be based on the Constitution only... not any one particular party.

I think the reason I was going that direction is because this is what people are going to understand, and we could use this as a segway to what you are talking about ........the constitution is to complicated for most people they have been too socialized

the_bee
02-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Do you guys realize that we're up against a population that has been systematically dumbed down for three generations?

No wonder they are willing advocates of one world government, fascist controls over their personal lives and the emergence fo the police state. No wonder they fall in line with the stupidity of re-distributions of wealth.

Do you think they ever really think about the statements like "we have a responsibility as the only super power" to do_______?
Who makes up the rules for being the only super power? Who designs what our "responsibilities" are under that form of governance? What happens to the Constitution which is our written law when the subjective authoritarian governing individuals dictate to us our unwritten responsibilities?

What about the Republicans who we are up against? Don't you think they have it sewen up when they say things like "Democrats are weak on defense" while they act just like the globalist police the world and "make the world safe for democracy" Democrats themselves who they chide?

How many people out in this twisted world never question how it would be "surrender" to terrorists or Iraqi's if we change our policies and uphold our Constitution and bring all of our troops home? The idiots buy right into it and Insane McCain is the party choice (like Ghoulaini was before him). They really believe it would be surrender. America surrendering? Come on! We destroyed their infrastructure.We captured and killed their president. We set up a new government. We have hundreds of thousands of nuclear bombs. We have the most powerful military in the world and these idiots still believe if we leave its likened to surrender. This is what we're up against folks.

So if you want to engage in slogans they had better be very simplistic, to the point and very hard to argue against otherwise they will fall on def ears and eyes and dumbed down minds.

yeper! you said it all ........that why it has to hit home so-to speak