PDA

View Full Version : This is Embarrassing . . .

FreedomFighter8008
02-17-2008, 10:18 AM
. . . the donation ticker on the Ron Paul 2008 web site has remained just below $6 million for the quarter for a few weeks now. We're less than $3,000.00 away from hitting $6 million.

I say we do a mini money bomb today or tomorrow in honor of President's Day to kick this thing up over the mark and to let Congressman Paul know we're still in this with him to the end and beyond.

What do you say?

Lou337
02-17-2008, 10:20 AM
I say I didn't even know President's Day was today, much less the moneybombs! These things are getting caught in the forum bureaucracy of being moved to other forums. It needs more advertising on the front page, maybe for a forum of it's own not within the Grassroots Central one.

pacelli
02-17-2008, 10:21 AM
. . . the donation ticker on the Ron Paul 2008 web site has remained just below $6 million for the quarter for a few weeks now. We're less than $3,000.00 away from hitting $6 million.

I say we do a mini money bomb today or tomorrow in honor of President's Day to kick this thing up over the mark and to let Congressman Paul know we're still in this with him to the end and beyond.

What do you say?

http://www.presidentsdaymoneybomb.com/

It is a shame that nobody knows about tomorrow's moneybomb. Maybe it will push us over 6 million.

On Presidents Day 2008, donate to the Ron Paul Campaign!

The holidays are over, primaries are past, and money has been spent - so let's give Ron Paul another boost of fundraising to break all records!

Pledge your support by filling out the form to the right. We will keep you updated with the total number of pledges for February 18, 2008.

All donations are to be made at the official Ron Paul Campaign website, no exceptions.

President's Day Moneybomb sub-forum: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87

pacelli
02-17-2008, 10:22 AM
I say I didn't even know President's Day was today, much less the moneybombs! These things are getting caught in the forum bureaucracy of being moved to other forums. It needs more advertising on the front page, maybe for a forum of it's own not within the Grassroots Central one.

It isn't today. It is tomorrow.

FreedomFighter8008
02-17-2008, 10:24 AM

President's Day is tomorrow (Monday). I don't think there's an official moneybomb that day, however, I was just noticing how the donation ticker as been rather stagnant recently and was hoping to inject a bit of life into it to show Congressman Paul we're all still here.

I agree that more advertising of moneybombs on the front page would be helpful, indeed.

Lou337
02-17-2008, 10:24 AM
O jeez. These things need a bigger way to catch the attention of people coming here. Like something that pops up on your screen on the first time you go to grassroots central or something.

FreedomFighter8008
02-17-2008, 10:25 AM
http://www.presidentsdaymoneybomb.com/

It is a shame that nobody knows about tomorrow's moneybomb. Maybe it will push us over 6 million.

President's Day Moneybomb sub-forum: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87

Nice! Thanks for the info! We do need to get the word out far and wide.

abe447
02-17-2008, 10:27 AM
We need to keep donating money. Dr. Paul said he'd keep fighting as long as we kept up the funding.

Myerz
02-17-2008, 10:30 AM
I'm sure Ron has gotten the point....the point being that this country is full of sunshine patriots!

Join The Paul Side
02-17-2008, 10:30 AM
I think if Ron Paul isn't the nominee after the RNC that we should have a Indy/3rd Party mega moneybomb to show Ron Paul we demand him to to represent us in the general election.

What do you guys think? :D

FreedomFighter8008
02-17-2008, 10:37 AM
I think if Ron Paul isn't the nominee after the RNC that we should have a Indy/3rd Party mega moneybomb to show Ron Paul we demand him to to represent us in the general election.

These points need to be made very clear to everyone trying to get Congressman Paul to run as a third-party candidate:

It is very hard to get on the ballot as a third party candidate at this time.
If Congressman Paul does run as a third party candidate, it will forever screw our chances of returning the Republican party back to its original platform.
If Congressman Paul loses as a third party candidate, and the Republican nominee loses the election, Congressman Paul will be blamed for that loss.

Instead of focusing your energy on getting him to run as a third party candidate, focus your attention and energy on getting out the vote and becoming a delegate. This is what is needed right now more than anything else.

Thomas Paine
02-17-2008, 10:39 AM
If the morons in charge of HQ hadn't snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in Iowa and NH, Ron Paul would have obtained another $20 Million in donations before the end of January. Nothing breeds money like success as Barack Obama has aptly demonstrated.

FreedomFighter8008
02-17-2008, 10:53 AM
If the morons in charge of HQ hadn't snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in Iowa and NH, Ron Paul would have obtained another $20 Million in donations before the end of January. Nothing breeds money like success as Barack Obama has aptly demonstrated.

I hear you, but we have to out-create this. We have to motivate those who have lost faith and we have to step up to the plate and keep delivering in abundance no matter what.

The one way that we can totally get back at all of the naysayers, the msm, and the establishment is to succeed despite all invitations to fail. They hate it most when we do well and love it when we aren't.

So let's do this!

seawolf
02-17-2008, 11:00 AM
There is a President's Day Money Bomb and it starts at Midnight Sunday E.S.T.

All Ron Paul Supporters are invited to participate if they choose:

You have a choice this time: Two Ron Paul Campaigns need your support!!!

Ron Paul 2008 - Hope for America - Campaign for President of the United States:

https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/

Ron Paul for Congress

https://donate.ronpaulforcongress.com/

New Donors are strongly encouraged to join in on the fun!!!!

Rhys
02-17-2008, 11:03 AM
The only morons are the people who never canvased and don't know how much of a chance HQ gave us, that most never took.

I'm getting sick of people saying HQ sucks when no where near enough people were precinct captains. If we were canvasing we'd show in the polls, which would get us coverage. We'd never get enough but we're why the campaign didnt do as well as we wanted. HQ is not perfect but we really dropped the ball.

You guys forget how against the grain we were at first.... and remain.

A campaign is made of volounteers.... if you didn't volounteer and canvas, you can't complain because really, you didn't help. You just watched from your computer.

Exarel
02-17-2008, 11:04 AM
O jeez. These things need a bigger way to catch the attention of people coming here. Like something that pops up on your screen on the first time you go to grassroots central or something.

Totally agree man.. I do tons of canvassing, donate a lot, read the forums daily, and i had no clue there was a money bomb planned..

Revolution9
02-17-2008, 11:15 AM
I'm sure Ron has gotten the point....the point being that this country is full of sunshine patriots!

Bad mood today? try not to spread any infectious crap..

Thanks
Randy

Revolution9
02-17-2008, 11:18 AM
These points need to be made very clear to everyone trying to get Congressman Paul to run as a third-party candidate:

It is very hard to get on the ballot as a third party candidate at this time.
If Congressman Paul does run as a third party candidate, it will forever screw our chances of returning the Republican party back to its original platform.
If Congressman Paul loses as a third party candidate, and the Republican nominee loses the election, Congressman Paul will be blamed for that loss.

Instead of focusing your energy on getting him to run as a third party candidate, focus your attention and energy on getting out the vote and becoming a delegate. This is what is needed right now more than anything else.

A sensible analysis amongst a bunch of whining and loser mentalities is a nice thing to see.

Best
Randy

wfd40
02-17-2008, 11:18 AM

and there it is folks... the truth.

tastes pretty bitter dont it

Rhys
02-17-2008, 11:26 AM
and there it is folks... the truth.

tastes pretty bitter dont it

if it weren't complete bs.

The media that we hate tried to tell us since at least August that we can't win a campaign from our computers. Instead of listening and using their polls, we called them liars. They told us we needed to be out canvasing and orginizing offline. Instead, we did sign waving.

All in all, it's our fault. We had all the warning we needed.

Feelgood
02-17-2008, 12:14 PM

I think this is yet another stupid attempt at futility, and another waste of time posting or reading. Give it up already, there will be no third party run, period. Get over it!!! FFS

The media that we hate tried to tell us since at least August that we can't win a campaign from our computers. Instead of listening and using their polls, we called them liars. They told us we needed to be out canvasing and orginizing offline. Instead, we did sign waving.

All in all, it's our fault. We had all the warning we needed.

Can you pass the kool-aid? I could use some right about now...

AJ Antimony
02-17-2008, 12:50 PM
Isn't it true that donations slow down prior to a moneybomb date?

Also remember it seems more and more projects are popping up requesting RP supporter money. I mean now there's RP Racing, many different Ad projects, RP's Congressional race...

It shouldn't be surprising that donations have slowed lately.

jrich4rpaul
02-17-2008, 12:56 PM
The President's Day moneybomb isn't too popular on here, but on MySpace it's catching on. I figured it was a better way to promote it since there's 9.5x more Ron Paul fans on MySpace than there are on the forums

www.myspace.com/presidentsday08

AlbemarleNC0003
02-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Can a moderator send a pm to all members of this forum? Or an email to the registered address? That would inform better than threads that get hauled off the front page.

FreedomFighter8008
02-17-2008, 12:59 PM
A sensible analysis amongst a bunch of whining and loser mentalities is a nice thing to see.

Best
Randy

Thanks! Someone has to say it. ;)

FreedomFighter8008
02-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Can a moderator send a pm to all members of this forum? Or an email to the registered address? That would inform better than threads that get hauled off the front page.

Great idea! Mods?

Bryan
02-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Just a note- we try to do things based on market demand, in the case, someone asked to create a money bomb sub-forum so we did. No one asked to put up a banner (which they don't have any when I last checked yesterday) so there isn't one.

I can talk with Josh about an e-mail, but so far we're only sent one out since May (which was for the Tea Party).

Also- it's best to get mod attention by posting the in the Feedback subforum. :) We monitor that more closely.