PDA

View Full Version : whats your favorite kind of music?

favwebbbez
08-14-2007, 01:39 AM
Hello all,
Let's talk about music. (http://www.chillweb.info/chandelier-earrings) What kinds of music do you like to listen to? I'm a rock and roll addict myself - how about you?
:) (http://www.chillweb.info/men-earring)

0zzy
08-14-2007, 01:39 AM
All. :)

ShaneC
08-14-2007, 06:02 AM
almost anything, but the noisier the better.

WaxTrax! Records in general captured my youth, albeit I was born several years too late and on the wrong end of the state of IL.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-14-2007, 06:42 AM
I like songs with good sounds and good lyrics.

Captain Shays
08-14-2007, 07:43 AM
The Grateful Dead

ARealConservative
08-14-2007, 07:49 AM
The Grateful Dead

me too!

Horatio Negersky
08-14-2007, 08:10 AM
I write music:

www.myspace.com/the1montaukproject
www.myspace.com/Strain121

It's none of the above and some of all
-
Negersky

Captain Shays
08-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Yeah well...

The only good head is a Dead Head

Perry
08-14-2007, 10:19 AM
Love many types of music but i am highly addicted to electronic & trance.

Revolution9
08-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Hard Rock. good metal, baroque, ragtime, shanty and bawdy songs, other. Must be well ornamented and musicians capable of composing well or playing their instruments like they own them.

http://cosmicvaudeville.ueuo.com <--my previous project..three piece classic rock and roll unit. Variax guitars and bass, VDrums. All orginal.

Best Regards
Randy

Patriot
08-14-2007, 12:45 PM
Hello all,
Let's talk about music. (http://www.chillweb.info/chandelier-earrings) What kinds of music do you like to listen to? I'm a rock and roll addict myself - how about you?
:) (http://www.chillweb.info/men-earring)

This is a little off topic. There are so many important posts here that I don't have time to read. We really don't need trivial stuff like this clogging up the board. We are here to support Ron Paul and exchange campaign related ideas.

Captain Shays
08-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
Dizzy with eternity.
Painted with a skin of sky, brushes of clouds and sea
Call it home for you and me.
A peaceful place, or so it looks from space
A Closer look reveals the human race.
Full of hope, full of grace is the human race
But afraid we may lay our home to waste.

There's a fear down here we can't forget
Hasn't got a name just yet (Ghoulaini)
Always awake always around (the CFR) singing ashes, ashes all fall down.

Now watch as the ball revolves and the nightime calls
And again the hunt begins, and again the bloodwind call
By and by again the morning sun will rise
But the darkness never goes from some men's eyes.
It strolls the sidewalks and it rolls the streets
Staking turf, dividing up meat.
Nightmare spook, piece of heat, you and me, you and me

Click flash blade in ghetto night. Rudy's looking for a fight.
Rat cat alley roll them bones. Need thaty cash to feed that jones.
And the politicians throwing stones
Singing ashes, ashes all fall down.
Ashes ahses all fall down,.

Commissars and pin striped bosses roll the dice.
Any way they fall guess who gets to pay the price.
Money green and prolitarian grey selling guns, instead of food today.
So the kids they dance and shake their bones,
And the politicians throwing stones
Singing ashes ashes all fall down
Ashes ashes all fall down.

Heartless powers try to tell us what to think!
If the spirit's sleeping, then the flesh is ink.
History's page, it is thusly carved in stone.
The future's here,, we are it, we are on our own
If the game is lost, then we're all the same
No one left to take or place the blame
Will we leave this place an empty stone?
Or this shining ball of blue we can call our home

Whiel the politicians throwing stones and the kids they dance and shake their bones
singing ashes ahses all fall down

Ashes ahses all fall down.

This would make a great Ron Paul video especially with the great music fo the Grateful Dead.

Captain Shays
08-14-2007, 02:10 PM
me too!

Hey now Brotha!! Another Deadhed on board with Ron Paul.

I posted the lyrics for Throwing Stones. I don'tknow how to make videos but wouldn't it be great if we could make one with that music? Oh man!

I could see the camera traveling though a spiral galexy and a few nebuli on the way as it focuses on the emerging earth as the intro is playing.

Then scenes of humanity going about our diverse lives as it says, a closer look reveals the human race, full of hope, full of grace is the human race

and as it says but afraid we may lay it all to waste, the music gets lower and we cut to the Republican debate where nine out of ten of them advocated a preemptive nuclear strike on Iran. But not til after we show the million + Iranians who came out in support of the USA after 911 holding candles and with tears of sorrow in their eyes on our behalf. (so many Americans don't know this).
Then Ron Paul raging, "We need to come to our senses"!!!!

Maybe a few scenes of nukes going off while the war mongers were saying what they said.
Then we can make cuts of Hillary, Obama, Ghoulaini, McCain Bush, Clinton before him, FDR, all just saying "WAR" and then Ron Paul saying "Peace".

No, this is not a meaningless thread because something good can come out of it.

Revolution9
08-14-2007, 02:26 PM
This is a little off topic. There are so many important posts here that I don't have time to read. We really don't need trivial stuff like this clogging up the board. We are here to support Ron Paul and exchange campaign related ideas.

Don't read it then.. Some of us may want to know that others share their craft, proffession or tastes. Personally.. I dislike the Dead and will leave anywhere if I am subjected to it.. But that is just me.. I tried and tried and tried but just do not get it at all.. I am not impressed in the least. I am a beatles guy as far a fanatic goes.. I have heard people say they hate The Beatles and was perplexed.. So I would understand you probably do not understand why I dislike them. They had a whole subculture by the short and curlies and wasted it IMHO. They could have helped finish off the Military-Industrial complex..but Operation DeadEnd finished them off. I was befriended when I got stranded in Berkeley a few years back by a GD roadie of 22 years who told me the whole inside story of Garcias wife and the CIA infiltration, the final hotshot she administered in the hospital room etc. etc..

Best
Randy

Chase
08-14-2007, 03:02 PM
I'm a huge trance addict... love artists like Tiesto and Paul van Dyk. Currently enjoying PvD's new artist album "In Between" that was just released today.

constituent
08-14-2007, 03:41 PM
capitol k is a modern mozart.
also mum and radiohead
(particularly ok computer,
kid a and amnesiac).
stereolab

old rock n' roll.
some new like neutral milk hotel
and the flaming lips.

McDermit
08-14-2007, 03:58 PM
My metal phase is pretty much over. It seems like anything heavy just gets on my nerves lately.

I'm been big on 80's pop. Also getting into a bit of new pop-country, and old country - not a fan of the stuff in between. Always a fan of jazz, a little bit of folk-flavored stuff, rat pack, soft rock.

And I listen to lots of female vocalists that I have no idea how to categorize.. some are a little jazzy, some a little pop, a little country, a little rock, a little folk.. but none are completely any one thing.