PDA

View Full Version : THis is why its over... because of **** like Louisiana

hummtide
02-17-2008, 01:10 AM
http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2008/02/states_delegates_move_to_mccai.html

State's delegates move to McCain column
by Ed Anderson, The Times-Picayune
Saturday February 16, 2008, 7:45 PM
BATON ROUGE-- Although Mike Huckabee led Louisiana's Republican presidential preference primary last week, state Republican Party officials Saturday rounded up at least 43 of the state's 47 GOP national convention delegates for rival John McCain. Huckabee may end up with no delegates at all from Louisiana.

Jay Connaughton, an operative for McCain, the Arizona senator who appears to have the party's nomination all but wrapped up, said after the state Republican Party's convention that he has 43 verbal and signed commitments to McCain and expects another one today.

He said another delegate has said she will support McCain at the Republican National Convention in Minneapolis Sept. 1-4 but will not sign an affidavit now. Two others said they will go to the convention uncommitted, Connaughton said.

Under party rules, a candidate who got a majority of the popular vote in last week's presidential primary would gain 20 delegates. If no one got a majority, those 20 would go to the convention uncommitted along with the other 27.

Huckabee, a former Arkansas governor and Baptist preacher who is popular among the evangelical wing of the GOP, defeated McCain 43 percent to 42 percent.

Because Huckabee fell short of 50 percent, Roger Villere of Metairie, chairman of the state party, said all the delegates technically will go to the national convention uncommitted, but "a majority of people have signed affidavits on behalf of McCain," pledging their vote to him on the first convention ballot.

Huckabee campaign officials could not be reached for comment Saturday, but earlier in the week the candidate called the state's system of picking delegates "goofy. .ยค.ยค. Well, it's Louisiana." Villere said at the time that Huckabee's remark could hurt him at Saturday's meeting.

According to an Associated Press national count of GOP delegates Saturday, McCain has 903 of the 1,191 delegates needed to secure the party's presidential nomination and Huckabee has 245. Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who has placed his campaign on hold and endorsed McCain, has 253, according to the wire service.

The Louisiana Democratic Party uses a different system: It apportions delegates to its presidential candidates based on the popular vote in the state's seven congressional districts.

In last week's Democratic primary, Illinois Sen. Barack Obama defeated New York Sen. Hillary Clinton 57 percent to 36 percent, giving him 24 of the party's 37 elected delegates and Clinton 13. Another 30 delegates will be chosen in May at a meeting of the Democratic State Central Committee, the party's governing board.

Last week's primary for both parties and a handful of local elections cost the state about $5 million, according to elections officials.

Although the delegates are "technically uncommitted," Villere said, "all day long, we have been getting more and more people" signing affidavits supporting McCain. "If you sign an affidavit, you have given your word. In politics you live by your word."

Despite voter support for Huckabee last week, Villere said, "party activists and party leaders felt like as they looked at the field (of candidates) and what is going on (nationally in both parties), Huckabee does not have the numbers to win. The odds are he (McCain) is our presumptive nominee. It is time to coalesce around one person. and McCain is that person."

That left some delegates at the state convention disgruntled. Vincent Bruno of Metairie accused some delegates of "putting politics over principle" by abandoning Huckabee in favor of McCain.

Rep. John LaBruzzo, R-Metairie, who preferred actor and former U.S. Sen. Fred Thompson of Tennessee, said that when Thompson dropped out of the race, he shifted to McCain.

"I wish Huckabee was (leading) at this point," said LaBruzzo, who represents a conservative area of East Jefferson. "He is not. My decision is based on beating Obama and Hillary. .ยค.ยค. It (the GOP nominee) is going to be McCain and we need to get behind him and defeat the greater of two evils, Hillary or Barack Obama."

Michelle Gaudin, a New Orleans lawyer and supporter of Texas Congressman Ron Paul, who scored about 5 percent of the vote in last week's primary, tried to challenge the way Saturday's convention was called, saying it was not well publicized to all Republicans in the state who might have wanted to run for one of the 105 delegate slots at the meeting. Her challenge was defeated.

State Sen. Bob Kostelka, R-Monroe, urged delegates who might have favored other candidates to get on board with McCain. "Can you believe the United States is on the verge of electing Barack Hussein Obama or the wife of Monica's ex-boyfriend?" he said, referring to Monica Lewinsky, the White House intern who had an affair with former President Bill Clinton. "It's enough to make you want to cry."

In a videotaped message, McCain asked the delegates to the state convention to stand with him now even though they may have backed other candidates in the past. "I have a pro-life voting record," he said. "I am a proud conservative, and I will not let you down."

alaric
02-17-2008, 01:13 AM
I thought most of the delegates were RP's? I don't get this at all!:confused:

Roadrcr
02-17-2008, 01:15 AM
There is gonna be some really massive hell to pay after this election. There is going to be a strong change in america and we are part of it.

latkinson6
02-17-2008, 01:17 AM
I can only think of this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvkWVgKJf1k&feature=related

(I got the words memorizeded):D
http://starwars.yahoo.com/videos/the-best-of-metallica

Fields
02-17-2008, 01:17 AM
It's all too confusing, I wish HQ could clarify what the heck is going on.

c0unterph0bia
02-17-2008, 01:18 AM
Every day I think more and more about the march in Washington. I cannot wait.

pacelli
02-17-2008, 01:26 AM
Ok, I'm sold. Lawsuit is in order. This just isn't right.

billjarrett
02-17-2008, 01:26 AM
Events of the day in LA are all in

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=121122

somewhere.

RPTXState
02-17-2008, 01:31 AM
Ok, I'm sold. Lawsuit is in order. This just isn't right.

What isn't right? Some poeple actually LIKE McCain. Its weird, i know, but unfortunately true.

pappy
02-17-2008, 01:46 AM
If you sign an affidavit, you have given your word. In politics you live by your word.

hiiiilARIOUS!!!

revolutionary8
02-17-2008, 01:53 AM
What isn't right? Some poeple actually LIKE McCain. Its weird, i know, but unfortunately true.
Helllewww trewwwllll.

Of course some people THINK they like McCain, but the whole election thingy is rigged. Didn't you know? :D
Just ask John Kerry and Edwards. :D

LibertyEagle
02-17-2008, 01:55 AM
hiiiilARIOUS!!!

Yeah, I find that rather funny, myself.

JohnnyWrath
02-17-2008, 02:24 AM
I didn't read the whole thread, but do I even have to? I think a lot of us got a very good lesson this year on how politics work....quite disappointing and disgusting.......I almost liked it better when I was ignorant as far as the intimate details go.

The biggest issue through this whole thing was the media in my opinion....

Every single candidate kept going up and down on their support except for Ron Paul who gained consistently, but because we were black balled by the media, the effort to get the message out was too great a task in the time we were given.

LibertyEagle
02-17-2008, 02:46 AM
Johnny,

It's not over yet.

Myerz
02-17-2008, 02:50 AM
There is gonna be some really massive hell to pay after this election. There is going to be a strong change in america and we are part of it.

Yes, that strong change will be...America will no longer exist. Watch...mark my words.

flames2dust77
02-17-2008, 03:22 AM
hell no...it's not over!

Fields
02-17-2008, 03:35 AM

Every single candidate kept going up and down on their support except for Ron Paul who gained consistently, but because we were black balled by the media, the effort to get the message out was too great a task in the time we were given.

Perfect summary to our foray in politics.

coffeewithchess
02-17-2008, 03:44 AM

Don't hold your breath...

coffeewithchess
02-17-2008, 03:47 AM

In my opinion, the media didn't help, but RP's campaign has much of the blame on itself, as does RP. Nobody wants to say it, but it's obvious, the campaign didn't have a strategy to win and they didn't show anything worthy of the $20+ million they have been sent.

freelance
02-17-2008, 04:13 AM
This is total B.S. how in-your-face they are now that the party bosses decide who goes to the RNC instead of who the people want. It's the same as Congress voting against the will of the people. I just cannot believe how in-your-face the whole thing is.

OOPS, am I still allowed to say B.S. in the open forums? I'm afraid the word fits the circumstances perfectly, and Mr. Thesaurus is still fast asleep.

nc4rp
02-17-2008, 06:54 AM
I still have not met a single Mccain supporter.

slamhead
02-17-2008, 07:02 AM
I still have not met a single Mccain supporter.

I met two the other night. They are now Ron Paul supporters.

Thomas Paine
02-17-2008, 07:10 AM

HQ is full of incompetents who have their heads up their asses.

SwanMaiden
02-17-2008, 07:32 AM
While the chance of Ron Paul getting any delegates out of Louisiana is now nil, there is still a good possibility that they could lose 90% of their delegates for not following their own rules. They are on record admitting this, and it could come back to bite them.

constituent
02-17-2008, 07:38 AM
Helllewww trewwwllll.

Of course some people THINK they like McCain, but the whole election thingy is rigged. Didn't you know? :D

^they should know, having thrown the election.

A Ron Paul Rebel
02-17-2008, 08:46 AM
Start thinking of better titles,
titles like this piss me off.

Agora
02-17-2008, 09:12 AM
I met two the other night. They are now Ron Paul supporters.

that I call "the inspirational post"

Aratus
02-17-2008, 09:13 AM
shades of the kingfish? echoes often of how things went down in the past?
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/hueyplongshare.htm
huckabee now being on the outs with the local party organization?
all are now being pressured and steamrolled into a nominating ritual?

Aratus
02-17-2008, 09:20 AM
with people like Romney pulling out, each time Ron Paul picks up
new supporters, lets CHEER! someone is REALLY making Huckabee's
uphill climb more difficult. i expect even he too... shall be brought
into the mainstream fold. it now looks like the party is trying to get
a voice accliamation for mcCain as in pronto and A.S.A.P despite, i say
sternly DESPITE how all the voters have voted up to this point in time!!!

torchbearer
02-17-2008, 09:33 AM
That article is misleading.
Out of 44 delegates.
Only 32 have stated they will vote for McCain as of right now.
They are all uncommitted which means they can change their mind at a later date.
McCains people were at the convention and tried everything in their power to keep us from speaking about the corruption they took party in at our caucus.

If the party leadership has no respect for their own laws, how much respect do you think they have for our constitution?
Our only solution.. the only way we will have fair elections are to remove them from power.
We are planning this strategy in Louisiana.

It starts this year with my congressional run and continues until they are all replaced.

step one: read this entire thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=121122
may take you 15 minutes.

step two: watch this seminar: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958
will take you an hour and a half.

step three: you will need to talk to me after finishing the first two... you will know why by that time.

torchbearer
02-17-2008, 09:35 AM
While the chance of Ron Paul getting any delegates out of Louisiana is now nil, there is still a good possibility that they could lose 90% of their delegates for not following their own rules. They are on record admitting this, and it could come back to bite them.

this is what we are working on right now, and is why we went to the state convention and had them admit on record to the 3 grievances we had.
We achieved this end. So now we have our case in order for the RNC.

torchbearer
02-17-2008, 09:44 AM
//

UtahApocalypse
02-17-2008, 10:14 AM
Great to see that the vote of the people counts!!

/sarcasm

torchbearer
02-17-2008, 10:15 AM
That article is misleading.
Out of 44 delegates.
Only 32 have stated they will vote for McCain as of right now.
They are all uncommitted which means they can change their mind at a later date.
McCains people were at the convention and tried everything in their power to keep us from speaking about the corruption they took party in at our caucus.

If the party leadership has no respect for their own laws, how much respect do you think they have for our constitution?
Our only solution.. the only way we will have fair elections are to remove them from power.
We are planning this strategy in Louisiana.

It starts this year with my congressional run and continues until they are all replaced.

step one: read this entire thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=121122
may take you 15 minutes.

step two: watch this seminar: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958
will take you an hour and a half.

step three: you will need to talk to me after finishing the first two... you will know why by that time.

:cool: The first 3 steps of the revolution's 12 step program.

torchbearer
02-17-2008, 10:43 AM
//

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
02-17-2008, 10:47 AM
http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2008/02/states_delegates_move_to_mccai.html

"In politics you live by your word."

http://www.allamericancarandtruck.com/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gif

Revolution9
02-17-2008, 11:10 AM
This is total B.S. how in-your-face they are now that the party bosses decide who goes to the RNC instead of who the people want. It's the same as Congress voting against the will of the people. I just cannot believe how in-your-face the whole thing is.

OOPS, am I still allowed to say B.S. in the open forums? I'm afraid the word fits the circumstances perfectly, and Mr. Thesaurus is still fast asleep.

If yer referring to me I haven't cracked a thesaurus in 25 years. I also could give a flying fuck if you want to swear. I am curious if you were referring to me as any real RP supporter has no issues with me to deal with..

HTH
Randy

Revolution9
02-17-2008, 11:11 AM
HQ is full of incompetents who have their heads up their asses.

And Ron and Carol.

HTH
Randy

Bubba
02-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Helllewww trewwwllll.

+1

Mr. White
02-17-2008, 11:45 AM
If yer referring to me I haven't cracked a thesaurus in 25 years. I also could give a flying fuck if you want to swear. I am curious if you were referring to me as any real RP supporter has no issues with me to deal with..

HTH
Randy

It's not so much an issue you with you, but everything you say is fucking hilarious on a Shakespearian level, and must be taken with a damn salt mine.

trapfive
02-17-2008, 12:13 PM
fromOP
The odds are he (McCain) is our presumptive nominee. It is time to coalesce around one person. and McCain is that person."

I think the speaker used the wrong word. Should have used convalesce. As in recover from sickness......We Need The Doctor

ShowMeLiberty
02-17-2008, 12:32 PM
Nothing is over with more than 6 months to go before the National Convention.

Want to win at the National Convention? Want to have a real revolution?
Read this: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=121298

The new nation of Kosovo was born today. I find that extremely motivating.

Canadiandude
02-17-2008, 01:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KW8DRSvEoQ

AJ Antimony
02-17-2008, 01:09 PM

So you think, but you're ignoring how utterly stupid Americans are. Polls say 60-70% are against the Iraq war... yet they are voting for a guy who wants to stay for 100 years, a woman who voted FOR the war, and another guy who "wants to get out."

Typical Americans just don't give a sh*t. They find life more enjoyable when not awkwardly discussing politics hoping they don't say things that will anger others.

Stealth4
02-17-2008, 01:12 PM
republicans have dug their own grave - Im not voting for McCain

We need four years of a democratic president to get a real conservative (no preemtive war!) republican party back.

LibertyEagle
02-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Please do not give up. It's not over. Even beyond the presidential race, we've got to infiltrate the GOP at every level. If you're up for it, run for office. That is how we take back our country.

Stealth4
02-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Please do not give up. It's not over. Even beyond the presidential race, we've got to infiltrate the GOP at every level. If you're up for it, run for office. That is how we take back our country.

Im not giving up on the GOP at all, im just not voting for McCain.

Its essential that he doesnt win if we want to rebuild the party.

CMoore
02-17-2008, 02:56 PM
I have a question regarding all of this.

In Alabama, the Justice Department scrutinizes EVERYTHING we do regarding elections. The Republican party has to get approval for any change they make regarding delegate selection, etc. This is because of previous voting rights violations committed decades ago. My question is this: How does Louisiana, as a deep South state, escape this scrutiny? How do they get by with this type of behavior? Alabama could NEVER get by with this.

kyleAF
02-17-2008, 03:13 PM
Well, this of course sucks big time. But...

IT'S NOT OVER!!!

Sneak the delegates into the convention across the country, and guess what: we can win!

We'll just have to be sneaky about it... give stump speeches for other candidates if you have to, just GET YOURSELF INTO THE DELEGATION! You can be a part of the coup later...

The_Ruffneck
02-17-2008, 03:19 PM
stay the course
piss off the controllers

freelance
02-17-2008, 04:00 PM

HTH
Randy

GOOD GRIEF NO! I wasn't referring to you. I was laughing at myself. In another thread, I said that constant profanity shows a lack of understanding of the English language and a lack of creativity. I displayed such a lack, and laughed at myself.

Bubba
02-18-2008, 11:39 AM
So you think, but you're ignoring how utterly stupid Americans are. Polls say 60-70% are against the Iraq war... yet they are voting for a guy who wants to stay for 100 years, a woman who voted FOR the war, and another guy who "wants to get out."

Typical Americans just don't give a sh*t. They find life more enjoyable when not awkwardly discussing politics hoping they don't say things that will anger others.

+1

kathy88
02-18-2008, 01:38 PM
I cannot believe how corrupt this entire process is. We need COMPLETE revamping of the entire election process. Some days I get so angry I can barely stand it. I wish the campaign like the above poster said, would address this in plain language because to me it's all a bunch of crap I can't understand.

What happened to the lawsuit? Did it ever get filed? Arent' there ANY MSM reporters who aren't chicken shit cowards who will write about this crap?

Todd
02-18-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Fields

Don't hold your breath...

Someone who knows the experience! ;)

kill the banks
02-18-2008, 02:07 PM
i'm tired of the manipulation too ... we are the resistance

kill the banks

ps :How to indict Karl Rove
Yes, it can be done

Election fraud is a very hard crime to prove - mainly because the criminals involved have the opportunity to block investigations and destroy evidence. Add that to crooked local judges and it's "game over."

On the other hand...

If the conspirators (hopefully soon to be known as the defendants) accidentally send their detailed fraud plans to the wrong address, it should be a lot easier.

And that's exactly what happened.

There is no doubt that Karl Rove conspired with others, perhaps even Alberto Gonzales (another Bush deadbeat who resigned suddenly this summer) to illegally remove voters from the voting rolls to cinch a Bush victory in 2004.

Greg Palast, investigative reporter extraordinaire, has the smoking gun. It's up to us to make sure all our friends, colleagues, representatives in Congress and media see this.

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/167.html