PDA

View Full Version : No Debate, but speech on MSNBC?

No1ButPaul08
02-17-2008, 12:43 AM
They wanted 2 debates, 1 for each party. Appears McCain, Huckabee, and Obama are gutless.
MSNBC better show this speech

http://www.houston.org/media/pdfs/SummitCandidateSpeakers.pdf

HOUSTON, TEXAS (FEB. 15, 2008) – The Greater Houston Partnership has converted the candidate portion of its Feb. 28 Houston’s Presidential Summit into a format that will allow direct and substantive speeches by the candidates.

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-NY, and Rep. Ron Paul, R-Lake Jackson, have agreed to participate and deliver addresses before a large audience and on national television. MSNBC has agreed to cover the event and has the capability to take the candidates' speeches live coast to coast.
The event, “America’s Energy Future: Houston’s Presidential Summit,” is hosted by The Greater Houston Partnership.

“We believe this format will provide much more in-depth and substantive exploration of vital issues such as energy that are paramount to voters here and throughout the United States,” said Jeff Moseley, president and chief executive officer of the Greater Houston Partnership. “Also, not all of the candidates were able to participate in a debate format, and this change makes it possible for any and all leading candidates to attend.”

Houston has become pivotal to the heated Texas primary, which takes place on March 4, just days after Houston’s Presidential Summit.

“We’re very pleased that Sen. Clinton and Congressman Paul see the importance of coming to Houston, the world’s energy capital, to discuss America’s energy future,” said Moseley. “We hope other candidates will accept our invitation to be here as well.”

Houston’s Presidential Summit is just part of what will be a daylong event. It will also feature a luncheon with a keynote address by an internationally-recognized guest, an energy symposium that will headline world-renowned speakers and energy executives, and an array of energy-related exhibits furnished by leading energy suppliers that showcase cutting-edge technologies and innovations.

pacelli
02-17-2008, 12:45 AM
GOOD~!!!!! Get Ron up there in front of all of those world renowned speakers and energy executives. He will be a huge hit with them.

aksmith
02-17-2008, 01:01 AM
MSNBC has agreed to cover the event and has the capability to take the candidates' speeches live coast to coast.

Okay, I see the catch here. Ron on at 2 a.m. and the speech not carried. I was wondering why this was still going to happen when the other candidates had brushed MSNBC off. Now I get it.

No1ButPaul08
02-17-2008, 01:02 AM
MSNBC has agreed to cover the event and has the capability to take the candidates' speeches live coast to coast.

Okay, I see the catch here. Ron on at 2 a.m. and the speech not carried. I was wondering why this was still going to happen when the other candidates had brushed MSNBC off. Now I get it.

yup, i fear capability = show hillary but not ron

mexicanpizza
02-17-2008, 01:04 AM
When is this?

pacelli
02-17-2008, 01:08 AM

Ah ha. Yep you just know that is what they are going to do.

No1ButPaul08
02-17-2008, 01:10 AM
When is this?

Feb 28th...it was supposed to be a debate but Huckabee and McCain didn't accept. They wanted a Dem debate too but obama didn't accept. So now it's just Hillary and Ron giving speeches.

I wouldn't be surprised if the others accepted now that its speeches and not a debate. The other candidates shoudn't be invited anymore. If they didn't want to debate energy policy, why should they be allowed to speak on it

tgts2000
02-17-2008, 01:11 AM
Well this should get interesting, but we can hope for the best.

Ex Post Facto
02-17-2008, 01:19 AM
LoL, Barak Obama would get up there and say "I believe in change. What kind of change were you looking for? You imagine it I'll see to it that change happens. Change is all about Change, because you know that without change you can't change."

McCain will name drop.

Huckabee will say that he "majored in miracles, and I heard once that mana fell from the sky and water turned into wine. I can see something like that happening with energy."

Hillary and Paul are the only two that could intelligently talk about the issue.

lastnymleft
02-17-2008, 08:21 AM
“Also, not all of the candidates were able to participate in a debate format, and this change makes it possible for any and all leading candidates to attend.”

That's called being an apologist. That disgusts me. Why not call a spade a spade: McCain, Huckabee, and Obama, couldn't fill a matchbox with their combined substance, and knew that that would be exposed in a real head-to-head with Dr Paul.

AdamT
02-17-2008, 08:42 AM
I knew this would happen. After taking Romney off the stage, there is no one way in hell McWar is going to agree to a debate with just RP and Huckster. And how would the MSM waste an hour of time when before they had McWar/Romney to ramble on and on about nothing? McWar would be forced to go head to head with RP, and we have seen already that RP would absolutely pwn. And after Ron's CPAC speech it's obvious the gloves are off and he would call McCain out!!

Thomas Paine
02-17-2008, 08:45 AM
Fuck McCain! Hillary and Ron Paul should just debate each other even if we are still in the primaries.

pacelli
02-17-2008, 09:22 AM
but...but... Jack Kemp, my friends.

:)

teshuah
02-17-2008, 10:00 AM
yes! Hillary and Paul Debate that would ROCK THE HOUSE!

Shink
02-17-2008, 10:12 AM
yes! Hillary and Paul Debate that would ROCK THE HOUSE!

Yeah, but Billary would never let that happen. Someone here said that Ron's speech is at 2am. They're probably joking, but I bet he'll never get airplay either way.

pacelli
02-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Yeah, but Billary would never let that happen. Someone here said that Ron's speech is at 2am. They're probably joking, but I bet he'll never get airplay either way.

I would not be surprised if MSNBC broadcasts Hillary's speech live and releases Ron's on their website. The same thing happened with the John Stossel and Larry King interviews.

Perry
02-17-2008, 10:31 AM
If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

Thomas Paine
02-17-2008, 10:46 AM
but...but... Jack Kemp, my friends.

:)

Jack Kemp is a sellout and a traitor to the memory of Ronald Reagan and the conservative movement.

No1ButPaul08
02-17-2008, 08:58 PM
bump

link88
02-17-2008, 09:05 PM
what a bunch of cowards. how can they expect to lead this country when they wont accept to debate? pfft

ButchHowdy
02-17-2008, 09:18 PM
McCain's a wuss . . . there . . . I said it!

american.swan
02-17-2008, 09:28 PM
They should just put Hillary and Paul in the same room and let them talk to each other on camera in a manner similar to political pundits.

Interesting that political pundits get on air and argue but candidates tend to not be able to do that.

american.swan
02-17-2008, 09:30 PM
McCain doesn't want anymore debates and that is expected...why...he's trying to UNIFY the GOP...any more debates will not do that.

kirkblitz
02-17-2008, 09:33 PM
cnn is having a debate on the same day at the same time in ohio be tween the republicans.

cnn is also having a dem debate one day prior to this one in ohio.

Red Dingo
02-17-2008, 11:30 PM
LoL, Barak Obama would get up there and say "I believe in change. What kind of change were you looking for? You imagine it I'll see to it that change happens. Change is all about Change, because you know that without change you can't change."

McCain will name drop.

Huckabee will say that he "majored in miracles, and I heard once that mana fell from the sky and water turned into wine. I can see something like that happening with energy."

Hillary and Paul are the only two that could intelligently talk about the issue.

Very funny! Very true - although you omitted from McCain's speech several countries he could declare war on that he hasn't already. Don't forget Obama might throw in his caring for fainting people trick. I think he is more like the modern day Charismatic/Pentecostal preachers than even Huckabee. No joke. They don't say anything real and they say it in as dramatic way as possible, as though they really can do miracles. Fair Dinkum. He's got good supporters but they can't see it.
What you say about Hillary is true - even though it is hard to admit! It's just her past, record, special interest group/lobbyist connections, policies, and attitude that I don't like. I mean did you hear the youtube clip of her saying she tried to get Kusinich and Gravel OUT of the Democratic debates. Ha! Democratic debates indeed. So this is how she would treat those who differ to her hey - Domestically and internationally.

pacelli
02-20-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm bumping this thread rather than start a new one on this subject.

This was just posted TODAY 2/20 on the campaign blog by Dan McCarthy:

the MSNBC debate at the end of the month has been canceled, unfortunately.