PDA

View Full Version : Illinois Straw poll Thurs. 16!

happyphilter
08-13-2007, 10:26 PM
http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2007/08/13/news/doc46c0af4e9228f058131132.txt

Much smaller then the one in Iowa but anyone from Illinois or around should show! Just found out about this, may head down.

BLS
08-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Can out of staters vote?

happyphilter
08-13-2007, 10:36 PM
Id assume no, Ill try to find out, if so im totally being there. Its my mission to go to every one humanly possible

Wyurm
08-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Man, Romney needs to butt out. He already bought one straw poll. I don't much like him buying votes for the one I get to vote in.

Oh, I'll be there btw, took the day off from work for it.

happyphilter
08-13-2007, 11:04 PM
I dont think romnys gonna bus people in this time, theres nothing for him to really gain from it, in ames it was a big show. Still this needs to be taken by RP. Join some meetups and make a strong show there! Ill try to do my best to get off.

if anything else it will b e a nice day to be at the fair =]

Wyurm
08-13-2007, 11:09 PM
I dont think romnys gonna bus people in this time, theres nothing for him to really gain from it, in ames it was a big show. Still this needs to be taken by RP. Join some meetups and make a strong show there! Ill try to do my best to get off.

if anything else it will b e a nice day to be at the fair =]

no, I said that because it said he is going to right there in the article:

To bolster attendance, some campaigns are bringing in busloads of supporters.

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who posted a commanding win in the Iowa straw poll, is providing free transportation from Bloomington to Springfield for the event.

happyphilter
08-13-2007, 11:19 PM
ooh man I over read that! Well whoevers in the area get some stuff together! we cant let romny but the presidency!

angelatc
08-14-2007, 12:35 AM
There's some information on this in the Chicago forum. The Chicago group has train schedules and prices available. Amtrak is an option for those who don't want to drive.

Also, if you belong to a Chicagoland Meetup, there are car pools being organized.

)Maybe we could take Romney's buses? Did anybody think of that?!)

It's literally killing me that I can't go, more so since I saw and heard that Ames reports. But I volunteer for a non-profit and the annual meeting is scheduled for that day.

Richandler
08-14-2007, 12:38 AM
Local wins means local news coverage and that is probably the most important of them all.

happyphilter
08-14-2007, 12:49 AM
I might try making it down from Michigan with my bro. It would be great to see some Illinoisans get together and make it a point to bring everyone they know with them to vote.
Good point though, although this is local we could use any media coverage to get the word out.

Slugg
08-14-2007, 01:03 AM
I might try making it down from Michigan with my bro. It would be great to see some Illinoisans get together and make it a point to bring everyone they know with them to vote.
Good point though, although this is local we could use any media coverage to get the word out.

What are the odds of 'us' renting a van and bussing in our own folks? I will donate a bit of cash to this effort.

happyphilter
08-14-2007, 01:40 AM
What are the odds of 'us' renting a van and bussing in our own folks? I will donate a bit of cash to this effort.

haha could totally do that. im from michigan but I would definantly take people who wanted to go there if I got some buddies.
Hey good idea! rent out our own vehicles for these things and bus em in ourselves!

Just thought of this, im 21, Isnt rental age 25 or something?

billv
08-14-2007, 01:54 AM
Mitt Romney reminds me of Shooter McGavin in Happy Gilmore with Ron Paul being Happy Gilmore.

Razmear
08-14-2007, 02:04 AM
Mitt Romney reminds me of Shooter McGavin in Happy Gilmore with Ron Paul being Happy Gilmore.

I never made that connection before, but your right:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G52aaTFibHo&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgH4ECnSRKI&mode=related&search=

eb

zhughes315
08-14-2007, 03:36 AM
I am assuming Paul will not be there to speak? Anyone know? Regardless, me and my buddy plan to fly out on his plane from Kansas City.

billv
08-15-2007, 01:41 AM
Also, I think we can be compared to Happy's fans in that movie.

belian78
08-15-2007, 07:12 AM
If it wasnt my son's first day of school, we'd both take the day off and be there. unfortunately i'm not going to be able to make it. a few of us from the Peoria meetup do plan on attending though.

Bruehound
08-15-2007, 07:33 AM
Dr. Ron's campaign Chairman, Kent Snyder will be making a presentation on RP's behalf between 1-2pm. Please come down and help us swarm and spread the love.

This is a great opportunity for us to begin to nudge the old guard establishment to our side. Either get on this lovetrain or lay in front of it.