PDA

View Full Version : Michigan and LA delegates to McCain?

hellsingfan
02-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Look at the story?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080216/ap_on_el_pr/republican_delegates

Anyone confirm this on the ground? What does the campaign have to say. Before its too late in other states where Romney has delegates we NEED TO HAVE MASS CONVERSION of these Delegates!!!!

nate895
02-16-2008, 04:49 PM
Louisiana's delegates won't get seated anyway (or 90% of them won't).

hellsingfan
02-16-2008, 06:00 PM
Louisiana's delegates won't get seated anyway (or 90% of them won't).

what does that mean?

nate895
02-16-2008, 06:02 PM
what does that mean?

They broke their own rules, and therefore there delegates will be challenged and they will probably be barred from the National Convention Floor. See the Louisiana Rump Convention thread.

Eponym_mi
02-16-2008, 06:20 PM
AFAIK, all of the delegates in my district caucus were McCain supporters, although they all ran as Uncommitted (Romney won my district). I suspect this was true for other districts as well. So, yes, McCain probably picked up the majority of Michigan delegates.

Holly Hughes (RNC committee) and several other upper level yuckity yucks came to our caucus urging everyone to unite behind McCain.:rolleyes:

Thomas Paine
02-16-2008, 06:31 PM
All Michigan delegates are going to the National Convention as uncommitted.

Eponym_mi
02-16-2008, 06:39 PM
All Michigan delegates are going to the National Convention as uncommitted.

No...the delegates that Romney was supposed to get are going Uncommitted. The delegates that McCain and Huckabee won are going for McCain and Huckabee. Nevertheless, the Uncommitted delegates that were elected last night were overwhelmingly McCain supporters and will no doubt vote for him.