PDA

View Full Version : Did any grassroots TV ads ever get aired? Ever?

jrich4rpaul
02-16-2008, 04:17 PM
For months and months I've seen chipins and websites for grassroots TV ads, things like Jeremiah Black (is that right?) ads.

Did any of these ever get aired? Is there proof? I'm really hesitant to donate to things like this. The only grassroots efforts I saw any evidence of were the blimp and lepard's USA Today ad.

LibertyEagle
02-16-2008, 04:20 PM
re: Jeremiah Black TV ads
Yes, they were aired. Unfortunately though, there wasn't enough money raised to air them much, or in many states.

re: Other TV Ads that skiingff ran
They were aired also. Brandon can tell you where all they were aired, but I know they were run in Iowa and Nevada.

Note: Booking schedules were posted when the air time was reserved. Various people on here reported seeing them too. :)

skiingff
02-16-2008, 04:57 PM
Here is our official filing:
http://query.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/dcdev/forms/C00439042/

Here is our spending breakdown:
TV Airtime -- $68,195.08 (86% of total spending)
Newspaper ads -- $4,596.85 (5.8% of total)
Other promotion (flyers, mailings, bumper stickers) -- $1,244.83 (1.6%)
TV Ad Production Costs -- $2,598.00 (3.3%)
Total DIRECT promotion costs -- $76,634.76 (96%)
Administrative (website, etc.)/Other costs -- $3,108.09 (4%)
Total spending (Q4) -- $79,742.85 (100%)

RollOn2day
02-16-2008, 05:41 PM
Thanks skiingrr.

This really was/is the grassroots most effective strategy. I have long stated that local monies spent on the placement of cable tv ads and local paper ads was the most powerful thing we could do to influence local opinion.

If they want to get their news from the MSM....this was the way for us to spoon feed them.

Hopefully we'll get a chance to really apply this strategy before November.

scandinaviany3
02-16-2008, 07:03 PM
For months and months I've seen chipins and websites for grassroots TV ads, things like Jeremiah Black (is that right?) ads.

Did any of these ever get aired? Is there proof? I'm really hesitant to donate to things like this. The only grassroots efforts I saw any evidence of were the blimp and lepard's USA Today ad.

http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/transparency.html

The michigan buy is up on the transparency page. The other sheet for SC ask robert to put up and i am sure he will.

On super tuesday we changed actions since there were far too many states.

We instead sent out tapes and partnered with different directors in the movement to get their source video for distribution to numerous states that were not getting any advertising for paul whatsoever. These groups bought the air time. If you are curious send Robert a message and he can put together a listing.

Got anymore questions let me know.

joeu
02-16-2008, 07:11 PM

We, Boston Meetup, ran a full page ad in the Boston Globe on Feb.4-unaffiliated with the official campaign. The ad can be seen here: http://files.meetup.com/504022/BostonGlobeRPad.pdf

Grassroots is the way to go!

scandinaviany3
02-16-2008, 07:12 PM
agreed the grassroots is the movement...always follow their lead they are holding us together..

filmmaker58
02-16-2008, 07:16 PM
This one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbFb6tt2-GA
aired for a couple of days before super Tuesday in California, colorado, and Washington State, thanks to a private donor.

TruthAtLast
02-16-2008, 07:18 PM
I was looking at the links in this thread and saw MPower used quite a bit. Is there any additional information about them? Do they cover every major market?

Has anyone ever put together a list of media companies (TV, newspaper, radio) that could be used on a local or national level? Are there some that would refuse our ads?

Let's say funding wasn't an issue and you had about 100 million in capital, who would you contact for ads?