PDA

View Full Version : **New Political Consultant Team Forming** Post for details

ghemminger
02-16-2008, 02:39 PM
As you can tell from my sig-line we have had sucess in starting Ron Paul related ventures and spinning them off to other supporters...

This is a **NEW** venture in the conceptual stages and I would like to spread it and get your input on. We have been purchasing massive amounts of domain names regarding the Ron Paul Liberty Movement and slowly building them up to spin-off.

My next venture will be some variation or RonPaulServices.com

Here's the Pitch (Your thoughts appreciated - no trolls please):

Form Teams/Networks of Political Action consultants accross the country to help individual meetup members run for elected and appointed local and national GOP, Gov't Positions. This is a plan to further the candidacy and vision of Dr. Paul..

This concept is a For-profit or Non-Profit? network of consultants to turn our Meet-up Groups into a viable political force.... Initially, Meet-ups would need to pay for our travel expenses and we would charge for addtional training or consulting. My thoughts are holding 2 - Day Training Bootcamps or Setting Aside Percentages from what Election Committees are able to fundraise over the long term for Ron Paul aspiring candidates....

ghemminger
02-16-2008, 02:44 PM
bump for comments

Carole
02-16-2008, 02:52 PM
The meetup groups could be extremely viable as the tool we need to acquire both delegates and candidates over time.

constitutional
02-16-2008, 02:54 PM
No one cares what you think buddy.

Sincerely,
Your fellow Dr. Paul supporters

sgrooms
02-16-2008, 02:57 PM
i care what he thinks.

but i also think hes crazy if he thinks he deserves 5-10k for TWO DAYS of helping a meetup group. and thats NOT including expenses.

and thats why i didnt reply in the thread

ghemminger
02-16-2008, 06:06 PM
The meetup groups could be extremely viable as the tool we need to acquire both delegates and candidates over time.

Yes I totally agree - I will be pushing foward with this very soon.:)

ghemminger
02-16-2008, 06:07 PM

Sincerely,

Thanks for answering on behalf of all RP supporters Amistad. Who's side are you on?

ghemminger
02-16-2008, 06:08 PM
i care what he thinks.

but i also think hes crazy if he thinks he deserves 5-10k for TWO DAYS of helping a meetup group. and thats NOT including expenses.

and thats why i didnt reply in the thread

A corporate sales trainer is helping formulate this and he gets this type of contracts

yongrel
02-16-2008, 06:16 PM
http://www.enews.org/blog/_pics/lolcat.jpg

phixion
02-16-2008, 06:17 PM
The question is: How low will George stoop.

Pete

ghemminger
02-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Boy - they should PAy me for my threads cuz it sure brings the Trolls out

ghemminger
02-16-2008, 06:21 PM

Pete

Pete - this is an American Thread only please:D

Fields
02-16-2008, 06:22 PM

Pete

hahaha

I think this is better off being a non profit organization with donations from supporters and foundations to run it.

ghemminger
02-16-2008, 06:23 PM
hahaha

I think this is better off being a non profit organization with donations from supporters and foundations to run it.

A non-profit is heavily regulated, right? I am trying to set this up for ease only

HollyforRP
02-16-2008, 06:32 PM
you sound like an opportunist trying to make a buck off of us. You sound like a scammer.

yongrel
02-16-2008, 06:33 PM
A non-profit is heavily regulated, right? I am trying to set this up for ease only

ease of profit.

I've got no issue with you making a buck. I doubt you'll make more than a buck. No one will want to give you business.

ghemminger
02-16-2008, 06:34 PM
you sound like an opportunist trying to make a buck off of us. You sound like a scammer.

Thanks Holly for the input.... Just looking for input not PUT DOWNS please...

drulay
02-16-2008, 06:43 PM
Thanks Holly for the input.... Just looking for input not PUT DOWNS please...

That was input. I honestly had the same reaction. I understand the for-profit reasons to avoid extra regulation, but trying to match pays of corporate sales seminars - the real question is - are you trying to lift the revolution or ride it's back?

phixion
02-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Pete - this is an American Thread only please:D

No worries founder, radio host, chairman, comittee chairman, political consultant team leader, chief campaign insider and president of secret informations.

I quite like you even if you are a wired up in a bizzare way George but charging extortionate fee's to those that are freely giving their time and little money they already have to a movement facing all the odds seems innapropriate.

Pete

ghemminger
02-16-2008, 06:46 PM
That was input. I honestly had the same reaction. I understand the for-profit reasons to avoid extra regulation, but trying to match pays of corporate sales seminars - the real question is - are you trying to lift the revolution or ride it's back?

thanks drulay - I appreciate the input. But honestly - I'm not working for free anymore - that's it. I'll figure out another way to spin this idea to make it work -

Perhaps there is a a way to get paid out of funds we raise though election commitees.

ghemminger
02-16-2008, 06:48 PM
No worries founder, radio host, chairman, comittee chairman, political consultant team leader, chief campaign insider and president of secret informations.

I quite like you even if you are a wired up in a bizzare way George but charging extortionate fee's to those that are freely giving their time and little money they already have to a movement facing all the odds seems innapropriate.

Pete

Thanks Pete - We should strive to encourage the creative ones in this movement - many times I see a "crab mentality" where we just try to shoot eachother down instead of lift eachother up.

The Proservative
02-16-2008, 06:50 PM

The only way to fly with something like this is non-profit, otherwise credibility goes out the window. If your intentions are truly good, and are doing something because your heart is really into changing America for the better, truly believe in what our Ron Paul Revolution stands for, you can't be in it for the money. I'm a firm believer that when you pour your heart and soul into something, with good intentions, you don't have to worry about the money...people will know what you are doing is genuine, believe in you and your cause, and be willing to continue to fund such an effort. I guess the key question you ask yourself honestly, "How much (money) is enough (for me)?". I've answered that question a long time ago, and its well below six figures. Anything I make after that is icing on the cake, and I'm much more interested in the cake, the "juice", making a positive difference, and being respected as a solid human being for my efforts.

My advice is to set it up as we did with Proservative.us / The Silo, LLC Obviously, starting from the ground up, it's difficult to the complete "non-profit" paperwork, pay for it up front. We are a "not-for-profit" operating as a true non-profit, will be completely transparent with regards donations and where the money goes (think General Ledger available on a website), no secrets. The only difference is that the donations can't be tax deductible for our contributors/members. If/when we can qualify as a non-profit (not sure you can as a Political Org, haven't done homework on that yet), we will only to be able to pass on a tax savings to our generous contributors.

You don't have to formally BE a non-profit, to operate as one.

Cowlesy
02-16-2008, 06:50 PM
George -- Check out www.ronpaulambassadors.com --- they may already have an organization in place for which you'd want to help instead of starting a new entity.

TruthAtLast
02-16-2008, 06:51 PM
ease of profit.

I've got no issue with you making a buck. I doubt you'll make more than a buck. No one will want to give you business.

I agree.

Could professional political training be beneficial at all levels? Certainly. But I also have an issue with someone using this Movement for personal gain and will not support any such endeavor, including any other one you've come up with no matter how useful they may be. Set up a funding mechanism so that the people can decide whether they wish to donate to it and if it is a worthy cause.

I do this for a living. I own tens of thousands of domains, have racks of servers in data centers across the country and built countless companies and side projects to sell them off for profit, but this is different. I'd never think of capitalizing on this Movement or try to make a profit off of the donations from our supporters (some of which sacrifice quite a bit to give as much as they can). It is ridiculous.

In fact, I hope to donate my time and resources to help push the movement forward, not to try to make a buck on it.

ghemminger
02-16-2008, 06:54 PM
George -- Check out www.ronpaulambassadors.com (http://www.ronpaulambassadors.com) --- they may already have an organization in place for which you'd want to help instead of starting a new entity.

Sounds good - these are all my friends in this movement..lol thanks cowsely

freelance
02-16-2008, 06:59 PM

Pete

You forgot the all-important "GrassRoots Advisory Board - Chairman."

RonPaulVolunteer
02-16-2008, 07:20 PM

Sincerely,

+678

Revolution9
02-16-2008, 07:20 PM
You forgot the all-important "GrassRoots Advisory Board - Chairman."

And Grand Muftah of Epizeuxia, Piddling Master of the 33rd Degree Rite of The Truncheons of Escargolia, Honchoid Pro Temp of the Illusionary Provisional Psychopharmacological Parametric Spin Diffusion Division, Commander of the 666th Hellbelly Deluxe Armored Mouthpiece and Spew Coordination Regiment and tuba player for The First Nazi Oompahpah Band.

HTH
Randy

RonPaulVolunteer
02-16-2008, 07:22 PM

No, he's not a scammer, just a perpetual time waster. Must the most banned person on these forums. Not sure he has not been permanently banned. He's had far more than enough chances.

ghemminger
02-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Ok to all that fully understand my sarcastic ways - please post to this thread and

sorry to say - I'm calling out the previous posters - most of thier drivel is negative and put-down - not obvious trolls - just prolly sad , no-action negative men....u guys need spend some money on positivity training it's obvious you never have

r3volution
02-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Ban !

ghemminger
02-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Ban !

I'm sorry r3 but you sound very similar to the forces we fight

Ban ! Ban! Ban! OMG :( Sadly I expose u all.....

drulay
02-16-2008, 08:32 PM
thanks drulay - I appreciate the input. But honestly - I'm not working for free anymore - that's it. I'll figure out another way to spin this idea to make it work -

Perhaps there is a a way to get paid out of funds we raise though election commitees.

Yes, but 5 and 10 grand a day + expenses?

You better have a good resume, cuz I don't see some a local meetup or congressional candidate to drop nearly 15 grand on some consulting when they have needs they know of to reach out to potential base.

I don't see doing what you do will either:
A. Help Advance us
or
B. Have any affect whatsoever
but it would, if you could
-MAKE MONEY

Cool. See where your hearts at in the movement. I understand you've put in a lot of work for free, and even gave a lot of hard earned cash to this campaign. You are not alone.

With that being said, it is a free market capitalist market, and we all support that - So if you can use your idea and not only make a lot of money with it, but truly advance the cause of liberty, then that is awesome.

But coming from a business sense and a general demograph of the Ron Paul supporters, any clients you may prospectively have are very far and few in between. IMHO you'd have to catch a sucker on a string as it seems even your history on these forums are a bit shakey.

If you wanted to truly have an impact, and truly have a chance to make decent money, your focus should be on the organization and ease of navigation of mandatory and heavily wanted information.

-Write a book
-Create a professional DVD, or subscription video service (so you could work continual fees and continue to create more with other speakers and presentations while keeping the entire "archive" open to subscribers
-Create advertising (clothing lines, etc to further the "freedom" message)

offering smaller priced items/services on a more widespread will have more of an impact not only financially, but actually helping the goal of spreading the message as well.

IMHO

ghemminger
02-16-2008, 08:35 PM
-Write a book
-Create a professional DVD, or subscription video service (so you could work continual fees and continue to create more with other speakers and presentations while keeping the entire "archive" open to subscribers
-Create advertising (clothing lines, etc to further the "freedom" message)

offering smaller priced items/services on a more widespread will have more of an impact not only financially, but actually helping the goal of spreading the message as well.

IMHO

Thanks drulay - I appreciate the support and input - I like your ideas...

Rhys
02-16-2008, 08:51 PM
how about not buying up all the ron paul domains

sgrooms
02-17-2008, 09:59 AM
A corporate sales trainer is helping formulate this and he gets this type of contracts

Well, I have a corporate sales trainer on my payroll and I can tell you he gets no where near that; he also got no where near that in his previous job either.

Think about what you're saying. Say he does only TWO seminars a week:

Monday-Flying
Tuesday-Training
Wednesday-Training
Thursday- Flying to new location
Friday- Training
Saturday-Training

So the max he could possibly do is two a week. Now, that's 20k a week. 80k a month. 960k a year.

That is just ridiculous. There's no way a corporate sales trainer gets that type of money.

Even if he only did ONE a week. 480k a year?

I won't say what my corporate sales trainer gets paid, but it's over 100k/yr, and I think it's extremely reasonable.

Feelgood
02-17-2008, 10:17 AM
So the max he could possibly do is two a week. Now, that's 20k a week. 80k a month. 960k a year.

That is just ridiculous. There's no way a corporate sales trainer gets that type of money.

I won't say what my corporate sales trainer gets paid, but it's over 100k/yr, and I think it's extremely reasonable.

Very good point. I mean at this rate, he would be making more then a President, who only makes $400k a year. :eek: Maybe Ron should run for George's job? :cool:

ghemminger
02-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Well, I have a corporate sales trainer on my payroll and I can tell you he gets no where near that; he also got no where near that in his previous job either.

Think about what you're saying. Say he does only TWO seminars a week:

Monday-Flying
Tuesday-Training
Wednesday-Training
Thursday- Flying to new location
Friday- Training
Saturday-Training

His name is mennet afner and he owns a Sandler Sales outfit in Long Beach

2 day bootcamps are $1000+ per person - I've payed it. He flys all over the country.... Just cuz you haven't heard of it doesn't make it not real...

Spirit of '76
02-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Here's the syllabus for George's bootcamp:

I. The principles of poor grammar

II. How to pepper your press releases with slang

III. Pretending you know big secrets makes people trust you

IV. Buy George lunch at restaurant of his choice

V. It's not what you know or even who you know... It's who you pretend to know

VI. Charging people big bucks for nothing is the key to success

sgrooms
02-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Here's the syllabus for George's bootcamp:

I. The principles of poor grammar

II. How to pepper your press releases with slang

III. Pretending you know big secrets makes people trust you

IV. Buy George lunch at restaurant of his choice

V. It's not what you know or even who you know... It's who you pretend to know

VI. Charging people big bucks for nothing is the key to success

definitely worth 10k for two days!

sgrooms
02-17-2008, 01:22 PM
His name is mennet afner and he owns a Sandler Sales outfit in Long Beach

2 day bootcamps are $1000+ per person - I've payed it. He flys all over the country.... Just cuz you haven't heard of it doesn't make it not real...

Why is an engineer paying $1000 to take a sales training seminar?

sgrooms
02-17-2008, 01:23 PM
Also, if that is really the price, I will lend you my corporate sales trainer and you won't have to pay him for his time (I already do), only for his travel expenses.

ghemminger
02-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Why is an engineer paying $1000 to take a sales training seminar?

S obviously u don't know me that well...just pm if you wanna speak on the phone..:)