PDA

View Full Version : How Tall

0zzy
08-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Is Ron Paul?

Reason being:
http://thegate.nationaljournal.com/2007/08/americans_getting_shorter_dead.php

I wanted to email them that he was actually 6foot, but can anyone confirm?

Paul4Prez
08-13-2007, 09:56 PM
I recall a news article that said he was six feet tall, "slightly hunched." It was in either the LA Times or the Seattle paper, but I can't find it now.

rmikelyons
08-14-2007, 12:05 AM
The statistics are bull on height and political success. Yes, from what history has shown, in America the taller candidate typically wins.

But seriously, how many people vote for a candidate based on height? None. Maybe they'll vote for the candidate who appears most presidential, but height is not a true factor.

I remember hearing in '04 that no incumbent president (or the president's party) ever won an election when Kentucky didn't make the final four in the NCAA tourney. Kentucky didn't make it to the final four that year. I remember how Bush's low (40's as low, lol!) approval rating, based on history, suggested that he would not win reelection. Also, John Kerry is 6'4" or something like that, whereas Bush is my height -- 5' 10 3/4". There were numerous things like that where statistically speaking Bush should not have won reelection. But he did (vote fraud or otherwise).

Height is meaningless.

As far as RP's height, he's not short. I'd say average. I don't know the actual height, though.