PDA

View Full Version : Just Now On Fox News... Gun Debate

thoughtbombing
02-16-2008, 12:54 PM
WHO THE HELL MOVED THIS???? ENLISTING PEOPLE TO GO AND BRING PEOPLE TO RON PAUL IS NOT GENERAL POLITICS! DUMBASS.

Mod Note: Poster received infraction for guideline violation: insulted other members

http://colbyfiles.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/02/16/campus-killings-and-concealed-weapons/

You know what to do... the blog isn't up yet, but I wanted to post this before I forgot the address and to allow us to formulate our arguments FOR CONCEALED CARRY PERMITS TO BE ALLOWED ON CAMPUS.

I personally carry an unconcealed weapon on my hip to my campus, which is a NON carry campus. I've been instructed to remove it and told them they could "TRY TO TAKE IT" from me... nobody said shit... let's get our ducks in a row and when the blog goes up, we'll know what to do.

[edit] LINK POSTED. GOGOGO

thoughtbombing
02-16-2008, 12:57 PM
MY POST:

I carry an unconcealed weapon on my campus in Philadelphia. I will not say which campus, but it is in direct violation of the policy of that campus. I am a legal carrier of this firearm and it is registered. First I will get to the entire premise of PERMITS. The very act of requiring a person to obtain a permit to carry a firearm is unconstitutional. The Second Amendment is very clear that:

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Keep in mind.. it says THE PEOPLE. It doesn't say campus police, or police officers, or federal agents. It says THE PEOPLE. Webster's Dictionary even uses the Second Amendment as an example of what INFRINGE means:

transitive verb : to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another <the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed —U.S. Constitution amendment II>

Also important to note, is that the Second Amendment does NOT qualify this with "except for in cases of schools." Nowhere does it say anything about limitations of this RIGHT to keep and bear arms. For that reason, Campuses, Federal Court Rooms, Airplanes, etc are fair game for carrying weapons. The reason is quite simple. If 1 in 3 persons aboard flight 93 was carrying a handgun, no Shanksville... likewise no 9/11. We'd have heard about dead terrorists though.

Ron Paul is the ONLY Presidential Candidate who will not, and HAS NOT ever voted to limit gun ownership on the hands of the people. PLEASE CHECK FOR YOURSELF: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

Banana
02-16-2008, 12:59 PM
Niiicceee OP...

You're making a case against gun ownership with that hostility, you know?

thoughtbombing
02-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Niiicceee OP...

What hostility? I simply said what the law was, what it meant, etc... I encourage everyone to go and post their opinion. Fox News isn't the kind of place where hostility against gun grabbers is a losing issue.

thoughtbombing
02-16-2008, 01:05 PM

Shink
02-16-2008, 01:11 PM
I like guns.

thoughtbombing
02-16-2008, 01:16 PM
These mods are a JOKE. You move a grass roots request to go and talk about Ron Paul's Gun Policies to the LIBERTY FOREST... I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THERE WAAAAAS A LIBERTY FOREST... THAT GOES TO SHOW YOU HOW WELL KNOWN IT IS. HELLO!

Captain America
02-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Boo this man

Niiicceee OP...

unconsious767
02-16-2008, 01:19 PM
I applaud your big stones, especially in a gun-scared city with the new mayor nutterjob

thoughtbombing
02-16-2008, 01:20 PM
I applaud your big stones, especially in a gun-scared city with the new mayor nutterjob

You gotta carry guns in Philly. You are either the gun carrier or the statistic in this City.

thoughtbombing
02-16-2008, 01:22 PM
almost an hour later and my comment isn't posted..wonder why ;)

LibertyEagle
02-16-2008, 01:24 PM
These mods are a JOKE. You move a grass roots request to go and talk about Ron Paul's Gun Policies to the LIBERTY FOREST... I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THERE WAAAAAS A LIBERTY FOREST... THAT GOES TO SHOW YOU HOW WELL KNOWN IT IS. HELLO!

Ron Paul's name was not mentioned once in your previous thread.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=121328

You might want to check out Liberty Forest. All kinds of good information there. There's even a subforum on 'Bearing Arms'. ;)

MJfromCT
02-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Why do you need an unconcealed weapon on a college campus? Is it necessary to have others see it? I am not questioning your right to own a gun or carry a gun, seriously just curious.

scooter
02-16-2008, 01:31 PM
Maybe some of you should check out those sub-forums every once in a while. I particularly enjoy reading stuff in the economics section.

Your post was basically a pro-gun rant. Seems logical to put it into a sub section and not leave it is grassroots, however, it should have been moved to the "bearing arms" forum.

thoughtbombing
02-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Why do you need an unconcealed weapon on a college campus? Is it necessary to have others see it? I am not questioning your right to own a gun or carry a gun, seriously just curious.

Situation... some douche walks into the class I am teaching and starts shooting.

If my gun is under my shirt, I will take longer to get to it. If it's in a holder on my hip, I make ONE MOVE and end the situation. It's like that. Second of all, like you said, I have the right. I happen to believe that if someone SEES the weapon, they'll be less inclined to think I'm the easy mark, and move on. If people know that I carry a weapon, they won't be walking into my classroom--or if they do, they'll avoid coming to me first. Self preservation. It's my right.

LibertyEagle... the original post said
You know what to do... the blog isn't up yet, but I wanted to post this before I forgot the address and to allow us to formulate our arguments FOR CONCEALED CARRY PERMITS TO BE ALLOWED ON CAMPUS.

I personally carry an unconcealed weapon on my hip to my campus, which is a NON carry campus. I've been instructed to remove it and told them they could "TRY TO TAKE IT" from me... nobody said shit... let's get our ducks in a row and when the blog goes up, we'll know what to do.

this means that we formulate our arguments, get our story straight on an effort to flood the blog with RP comments, etc... grass roots. Someone ignored the entire post, and it's sad, because the someone was a mod... and I think I know WHOM.

thoughtbombing
02-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Maybe some of you should check out those sub-forums every once in a while. I particularly enjoy reading stuff in the economics section.

Your post was basically a pro-gun rant. Seems logical to put it into a sub section and not leave it is grassroots, however, it should have been moved to the "bearing arms" forum.

it was a request to get our argument together and then go as a group and post on the board. READ THE DAMN POST.

zmyrick19
02-16-2008, 01:43 PM
I agree completely. How many times have you heard of shooter going into a police station? I think 1 time in my lifetime. We need to arm our citizens so that no one sees them as "easy targets".

I believe ending the welfare state and legalizing drugs will help end ALOT of the inner city violence. Include a good monetary policy to bring strength back to the dollar, and we would see the resurgence of the family.

LibertyEagle
02-16-2008, 01:45 PM
this means that we formulate our arguments, get our story straight on an effort to flood the blog with RP comments, etc... grass roots. Someone ignored the entire post, and it's sad, because the someone was a mod... and I think I know WHOM.

Look, there was no need for all this drama. If a thread was moved that you wished wasn't, all you had to do was to flag it for the mods and ask nicely for it to be moved back and give your rationale for doing so.

The reality is that Grassroots Central is used as a central dumping ground by many. A plethora of these threads simply must be moved into their proper subforum, or threads would be flying off the page here. That is why there are so many other subforums. I really encourage you to take a look at The Liberty Forest. I think there will be a lot of stuff there that will interest you and it is visited by many.

Thanks. :)

thoughtbombing
02-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Look, there was no need for all this drama. If a thread was moved that you wished wasn't, all you had to do was to flag it for the mods and ask nicely for it to be moved back and give your rationale for doing so.

The reality is that Grassroots Central is used as a central dumping ground by many. A plethora of these threads simply must be moved into their proper subforum, or threads would be flying off the page here. That is why there are so many other subforums. I really encourage you to take a look at The Liberty Forest. I think there will be a lot of stuff there that will interest you and it is visited by many.

Thanks. :)

yea, because the mods are quick to respond :rolleyes:

by the time they got around to it, it wouldn't be on the site and people who saw the report wouldn't be checking the blog... so it would have been a moot point.

tmg19103
02-16-2008, 02:06 PM
As a proud gun owner, the way this thread reads it seems more for the firearms sub-forum than the grassroots.

I do believe concealed carry should be allowed on campuses, and since you have to be 21 to own a pistol in Pennsylvania (18 for long gun) I think those who choose to do so have reached a certain maturity level compared to a 18 year. The vast majority of people who carry concealed that this responsibility VERY seriously.

As for open carry to concealed, I suggest concealed. I do a fair amount of IDPA and the amount of time to draw concealed is negligable. It's not as if this is a wild west stand-off/duel with who is the fasted draw. Odds are you are going to hear the shots of some crazy down the hall and have time.

I also think schools/universities should allow concealed carry and it should be CONCEALED. That way, if one out of ten faculty members is carrying concealed, some nutjob student who is going to shoot up the campus does not know who it is. If a faculty member or student carries openly, the nutjob knows to avoid that building if he was to go on a rampage.

Bryan
02-16-2008, 02:19 PM
This issue comes up from time to time, the key to this is as LibertyEagle said, your original post said nothing about going to the site to promote Ron Paul's agenda, the "Ron Paul Grassroots Central" is specifically to "Discuss, analyze, share, plan, collaborate and report on the latest happenings and other important topics affecting the grassroots side of the Ron Paul 2008 race."

If there is not some legitimate tie-in to the campaign then it doesn't belong due to traffic considerations, and thus, belongs in the Liberty Forest section, in this case here, it is optimally put in the "Bearing Arms" section, dedicated to "Discussion on second amendment topics." Over the course of a few days this can have an overall positive effect for your thread in that more people that are interested in it will get to see it and respond- in Grassroots Central a thread that doesn't get responded to in a half dozen hours isn't as likely to ever see the light of day again. Understandably posting in Bearing Arms may not have the same immediate impact as tossing it in Grassroots Central, as a result, there can be some allowances for very timely issues- possibly this qualifies since it is a timely blog, but at some point the decision process can depend upon the balance of the users long standing status here, the volume of such requests, current forum traffic levels and more.

It's important to note that there are two type of forum users, those that are here enough to use "New Posts" to review all thread activity and those that may use New Posts in conjunction with visiting various sub-forums of particular interest, such as "Bearing Arms" which is actually quite popular. This is where posting in the best sub-forum has an overall benefit. Also, if you're not using "New Posts", you should be. :)

This has been a long established forum policy but is always open for discussion based on user input.

Hope this makes sense.

thoughtbombing
02-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Hi there Bryan... the original post said there was a BLOG... it said that there was an issue that needed people to go post on... to uh... and this is the KICKER...

GET PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR RON PAUL...

every time there is a POLL people need to go spam, they post it in the forum here... every time there is a BLOG, it goes in this forum too... so what, I wasn't asking for peoples opinions on gun control, I was asking them to go spam RP's position on Gun Control = GRASS ROOTS.

WHO THE HELL'S POSITION YOU THINK I WAS ASKING FOR... ROMNEY?

RON PAUL.