PDA

View Full Version : The GOOD news from Iowa

disinter
08-13-2007, 09:12 PM
The dismal turnout for the Iowa straw poll suggests that the turnout for the primaries will be equally small. This is GREAT news for us! The fewer total voters, the easier it is for us to win - assuming we all vote in the primary.

MozoVote
08-13-2007, 09:14 PM
The other good news is that Brownback says he is not pulling out. He and Huckabee will continue to spend what funds they have, bashing each other and splitting the evangelical vote.

ronpaulitician
08-13-2007, 09:15 PM
My thoughts exactly. Primaries historically have low turnouts. About 20% on average, I think. If only half of the people show up, that means our votes count double.

This is a great motivational tool to get doubters on board.

paulitics
08-13-2007, 09:27 PM
If the telephone polls register 10% support in any state, we can win that state assuming guys like brownback stick around.

My predicion: The telephone polls will always register low because they are flawed. As long as Paul remains in the debates, we continue to keep pushing, the election is honest, we stand a chance. Our voters will turn out in disproportianately high numbers due to lack of enthusiasm among the GOP. We need to believe we can win it, and realize the flaws in the polls. I doubt the polls will register double digits for Paul even if his support is double or triple. I am basing this on many polls that have been conducted on the average Paul supporter suggesting a high number of independents.

LibertyEagle
08-13-2007, 09:27 PM
That's all nice and fine, but we need to do something to get Dr. Paul's message spread to all the MANY, MANY PEOPLE who do not even know who he is. We're not going to win the nomination with 1000 votes.

We own the internet, but we quite frankly, stink, when it comes to hitting our communities on foot and passing out literature to real people. Not just on their cars, where they'll just toss it. Setting up tables wherever we can, stock full of literature. Going door-to-door, saying very little, but handing them a DVD or a Slim Jim, or both.

Which raises an interesting issue.... the DVD. Some time back, someone on this board offered to host any and all high-resolution videos of Dr. Paul's speeches, debates, rallys, etc., so that we could use them to create our own stuff. Anyone remember who that was and how this is going? Is the campaign now at least capturing high-resolution video? Do we have a mechanism to get it from them? I ask all this, because have we yet created the DVD that we want to mass produce on a very LARGE scale and start getting out EVERYWHERE? We don't have much time to waste, do we, before we get this together?

paulitics
08-13-2007, 09:30 PM
I agree on the dvd idea. We need to do this ASAP.

LibertyEagle
08-13-2007, 09:32 PM
But, you don't think we need to spread the word beyond the internet?

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-13-2007, 09:39 PM
LE is very correct. I am sending another 50 DVDs to a guy in Iowa who viewed the one I sent him and wants to get more out to people he knows.

I'm in Minnesota, and a little discouraged as we have NO say in the GOP nominee. (We have a very convoluted process to elect national delegates, one which ensures that the GOP establishment selects the delegates and nominee.) We'd be better off taking one weekend a month to carpool to Iowa to go door-to-door or to hit events.

paulitics
08-13-2007, 09:55 PM
But, you don't think we need to spread the word beyond the internet?

If your talking to me. Not at all. The media blackout will persist. I think putting up signs is effective in conjuction with getting the message out is the best. I'm just reiterating not to get discouraged because of what will likely low and inaccurate polls. The signs will show real world support and will contradict the media's portrayal of a no shot contender.

quickmike
08-13-2007, 10:07 PM
If your talking to me. Not at all. The media blackout will persist. I think putting up signs is effective in conjuction with getting the message out is the best. I'm just reiterating not to get discouraged because of what will likely low and inaccurate polls. The signs will show real world support and will contradict the media's portrayal of a no shot contender.

Heres the problem with signs. If someone driving down the road sees a sign that says "Ron Paul for President www.ronpaul2008.com" and that person doesnt use the internet, how do you think they will learn more about him? From the MSM? Anyone already following politics and has internet access probably knows about Ron Paul already, so basically youre spinning your wheels. I go door to door every weekend and do about 50 flyers on saturday and 50 on sunday. Been doing this since middle of May. Still, to this day, Id say only about 8 out of every 50 people have even heard of him. Some even say they think they have seen bumper stickers but didnt have any idea who he was or what he stood for. Thats why door to door is so important and cannot be replaced with anything else. It must be done if we want ANY chance of winning. If were gonna rely on signs and internet to get the word out without MSM coverage, were screwed. Old people vote alot and most dont use the internet. Remember that.