PDA

View Full Version : Analysis: Media is NOW pushing Dr. Paul because he is NOT black.

rexsolomon
02-16-2008, 06:31 AM
Official Ron Paul HQ and Grassroots Leaders listen up!

We libertarians are NOT racist. However based on the sudden and simultaneous decision by the media per links below:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=121139

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec4OL34Txys

http://video.on.nytimes.com/?fr_story=8cf689588ac9e279703e54bbf8173c7897dab4cc

The media blackout on Dr. Paul HAS ENDED. Dr. Paul is NOW being brought back into the limelight because the leading contender for the '08 Presidency - Obama - is black.

This sad and racist decision by the uppermost echelons of the mainstream media to bring Dr. Paul again to the public eye has definitely been made.

The MSM owners want a "last white hope" presidential contender - and they see Dr. Paul as the ONLY candidate capable of defeating Obama in November (based on the strength of Ron Paul's donations from the military over Obama's), that is why they are now providing Dr. Paul free publicity on television.

I do suggest we take full advantage of this.

american.swan
02-16-2008, 06:36 AM
If your right, I will laugh.

phixion
02-16-2008, 06:39 AM
ROFL - the blackout is still very much in force. Ask anyone you know if they've seen Ron Paul on their TV and the answer will be a resounding "no" or "...who?"

Pete

TexFootballMom
02-16-2008, 06:44 AM
I wouldn't know. I never turn my TV on.

Acidlump
02-16-2008, 06:44 AM
They aren't pushing him although I agree the blackout has been lifted it is not because they want him to win, it is because they think he has no more chance.

Drknows
02-16-2008, 06:49 AM
this is laughable. are you saying the CFR is racist? If I turn on my tv all i see is Hillary, Obama, and Mccain.

Actually Msnbc is pushing for Obama.

WilliamC
02-16-2008, 06:54 AM

I like you :)

Well, to be honest, our TV is on quite a bit.

The children like watching their DVD's ;)

But broadcast or cable or satellite TV?

Not for years.....

kaleidoscope eyes
02-16-2008, 07:01 AM
"media darling"? lol

(of course I haven't been watching the "news" as of late it sickens me. so who am I to say.

Fields
02-16-2008, 07:02 AM
I really wouldn't say darling. I mean a few short spots is nothing. If it was running every hour then I'd say he's the media darling.

I don't know why they don't do it since I'm sure it would drive his votes up AND bring ratings to the networks.

Join The Paul Side
02-16-2008, 07:06 AM
Gotta be the most rediculous conspiracy theory to hit this board yet. So much so that it's laughable. :)

DAFTEK
02-16-2008, 07:17 AM

CNN is 100% full force push on Obomba.....

rexsolomon
02-16-2008, 07:28 AM
Learn to take advantage of every opportunity.

Remember the 'Art of War':

In many battles you oftentimes find that you do NOT have the MEANS to win.

But when the opponent himself GIVES you the opportunity to win, TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE OF IT immediately.

The way the responses are going here and now on this thread, I see fatalistic responses/expectations regarding Dr. Paul's chances of success - and not much open mindedness regarding opportunities moving forward. Pathetic. Really.

Accept your fate - or shape your future? Your choice.

Opportunities exist - IF you can recognize them and exploit them.

nodope0695
02-16-2008, 07:31 AM
I what you're proposing is true, shouldn't it now be called a "Media White Out?":D

kaleidoscope eyes
02-16-2008, 07:33 AM
I what you're proposing is true, shouldn't it now be called a "Media White Out?":D
ouch! silly rabbit.

Wyurm
02-16-2008, 07:38 AM
I doubt this highly. If there is increased media coverage, it should be credited to the recent campaign changes and not to racism. Obama is one of the crowd and is not being ignored. The campaign is instead actually taking advantage of media opportunities rather than dropping the ball.

Revolution9
02-16-2008, 07:42 AM

But when the opponent himself GIVES you the opportunity to win, TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE OF IT immediately.

The way the responses are going here and now on this thread, I see fatalistic responses/expectations regarding Dr. Paul's chances of success - and not much open mindedness regarding opportunities moving forward. Pathetic. Really.

Ah, the old reverse reversing race card canard gambit.. Know it well..

HTH
Randy

BuddyRey
02-16-2008, 07:45 AM
The blackout ended?

When?!?!

02-16-2008, 07:45 AM
Prove it. This is speculation.

Obama's been ALL OVER the news. Why do you think he's gained so much ground on Hillary?

FreeTraveler
02-16-2008, 07:47 AM
Gotta be the most rediculous conspiracy theory to hit this board yet. So much so that it's laughable. :)

This theory has been posted on this board simply so they can show it on CNN tonight and call us all a bunch of closet racists. PLEASE MOD DELETE THE THREAD!

Drknows
02-16-2008, 07:48 AM
CNN is 100% full force push on Obomba.....

Maybe. But remember CNN is no different than the other members of CFR.

Larry King talks about Ted turner off air. He would serve you after your elected, you know what i mean?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h89KIsZaRV8

Rhys
02-16-2008, 07:52 AM
Oh boy.

So they hadn't noticed till now that their lover boy is black?

6 years ago when they started pushing him as futer president they knew he was black.

rexsolomon
02-16-2008, 07:54 AM
Prove it. This is speculation.

Obama's been ALL OVER the news. Why do you think he's gained so much ground on Hillary?

I have proven it with the links provided in the original post. More exposure for Dr. Paul can be gained - IF AND ONLY IF - we recognize the opportunity and push it forward.

Wow. Another 'mods please delete this thread request' - AFRAID OF CRITICAL THINKING on this forum?

Did I hurl an invective at anybody? Did I not back up my assertions with links to news and video? What are you afraid of?

The truth?

02-16-2008, 08:02 AM
I have proven it with the links provided in the original post. More exposure for Dr. Paul can be gained - IF AND ONLY IF - we recognize the opportunity and push it forward.

Wow. Another 'mods please delete this thread request' - AFRAID OF CRITICAL THINKING on this forum?

Did I hurl an invective at anybody? Did I not back up my assertions with links to news and video? What are you afraid of?

The truth?

I looked at your "references" and they prove next to nothing.

Find something more substantive or don't waste my, and others' time with this absurdity.

Technics2000
02-16-2008, 08:06 AM

The truth?

Can you please point out the proof for us slower folks. I don't see anything that says he's getting more attention because he's not black.

rexsolomon
02-16-2008, 08:06 AM
I looked at your "references" and they prove next to nothing.

Find something more substantive or don't waste my, and others' time with this absurdity.

What 'substantive' proof are you looking for?

I don't think you are looking for substantive proof.

You are just offering objections.

02-16-2008, 08:09 AM
What 'substantive' proof are you looking for?

I don't think you are looking for substantive proof.

You are just offering objections.

I watched both videos again. And they prove nothing.

You offer a hypothesis, you should be willing to provide sources to back it up. If it can't be tested, the hypothesis fails.

Your theory cannot be tested. It failed.

Drknows
02-16-2008, 08:09 AM
You have to understand how the Media works. They already shut Ron Paul up. The dirty work is over.

They dont care which top tier candidate wins. All the guys they were rooting for made it to the final round. I guess i should say hand picked. Its all about ratings now. They want the race as close as possible so it drags on forever. But when the time comes they will announce the anointed one.

rexsolomon
02-16-2008, 08:21 AM

You offer a hypothesis, you should be willing to provide sources to back it up. If it can't be tested, the hypothesis fails.

Wow. So if a theory cannot be tested, it automatically fails?

Drknows
02-16-2008, 08:22 AM

We libertarians are NOT racist. However based on the sudden and simultaneous decision by the media per links below:

The media blackout on Dr. Paul HAS ENDED. Dr. Paul is NOW the 'media darling' because the leading contender for the '08 Presidency - Obama - is black.

This sad and racist decision by the uppermost echelons of the mainstream media to bring Dr. Paul again to the public eye has definitely been made.

The MSM owners want a white president - and they see Dr. Paul as the ONLY contender capable of defeating Obama in November, that is why they are pushing Dr. Paul on television.

I do suggest we take full advantage of this. Any ideas?

Question did you even watch the follow up to the NY times video? The lady voted for Mccain. BTW the NY times openly endorses Mccain.

Rhys
02-16-2008, 08:23 AM
Wow. So if a theory cannot be tested, it automatically fails?

yes, actualy.

rexsolomon
02-16-2008, 08:36 AM
yes, actualy.

So the world is flat?

And going back to the gold standard is wrong?

Why am I replying to these questions?!? :rolleyes:

Time to get some work done. This is so pathetic its not even funny.

Revolution9
02-16-2008, 08:38 AM

Drum roll and cymbal crash followup.

:D

Randy

Rhys
02-16-2008, 08:38 AM
So the world is flat?

And going back to the gold standard is wrong?

Why am I replying to these questions?!? :rolleyes:

Time to get some work done. This is so pathetic its not even funny.

a.) nope, we've both circumnavigated AND orbited the Earth, to prove it's shape is not flat.
b.) nope, history of economies on gold standard vs economies on a paper standard is clear and well documented.

If you wanna nail me with an untestable theory, go for String Theory... but I tend to disbelieve string theory as well, so :D

jillian
02-16-2008, 08:39 AM

ditto

Revolution9
02-16-2008, 08:40 AM
. This is so pathetic its not even funny.

Ditto.

HTH
Randy

Revolution9
02-16-2008, 08:40 AM
ditto

ditto again..hahaha!

Randy

4Horsemen
02-16-2008, 08:56 AM
That's stupid, Obama is related to Dick Cheney. The media made Obama...:rolleyes:

liberteebell
02-16-2008, 09:03 AM

This is a brilliant observation.

From my personal learning curve, and I've posted this before, some, me included, spent too much time trying to get the national media to notice us rather than thinking outside the box and taking advantage of what was right there in front of our eyes, specifically, local media outlets and Becoming the Media ourselves, complete with a press secretary as a local point of contact "official" for the campaign and blasting every local media outlet possible with press releases for any and every little thing. Finding a good media contact and wining and dining them to get attention "ain't all bad" either.

Even so, there's only so much the grassroots can do and I believe HQ should really ride the wave of the active duty military donations by having rallies close to or on military bases everywhere (never let an opportunity pass by), or doing speeches on aircraft carriers and such. Heck, a junket to Iraq wouldn't be out of line either. All the other candidates whore themselves out like this--why can't the one who actually does support the troops do the same??

richardfortherepublic
02-16-2008, 09:11 AM
So what I figured out from these videos is that Ron Paul gets more donations from the troops then anyone, and that Ron Paul is a man of principle and integrity... a message deemed worthy only of online video status.....

They gave Ron Paul 3 Minutes... good god, do you realize that the last time they said his name was when Wolf Blitzer said 'oh and Ron Paul is still in it at 11% in Kansas'

Blackout lifted? Absolutely NOT.

rexsolomon
02-16-2008, 09:13 AM
This is a brilliant observation.

From my personal learning curve, and I've posted this before, some, me included, spent too much time trying to get the national media to notice us rather than thinking outside the box and taking advantage of what was right there in front of our eyes, specifically, local media outlets and Becoming the Media ourselves, complete with a press secretary as a local point of contact "official" for the campaign and blasting every local media outlet possible with press releases for any and every little thing. Finding a good media contact and wining and dining them to get attention "ain't all bad" either.

Even so, there's only so much the grassroots can do and I believe HQ should really ride the wave of the active duty military donations by having rallies close to or on military bases everywhere (never let an opportunity pass by), or doing speeches on aircraft carriers and such. Heck, a junket to Iraq wouldn't be out of line either. All the other candidates whore themselves out like this--why can't the one who actually does support the troops do the same??

THANK YOU! Your Iraq junket trip idea for Dr. Paul may just turn this ship around!

My question is: I flagged what was going wrong in the RP campaign even before Iowa and was even branded a troll - but I was spot on every time.

Now that I am flagging what is going right for the RP campaign, people here don't want recognize it and take advantage of it?

All I am saying now is: If Dr. Paul has anything truly news worthy today, it WILL get airtime.

The media wants to play up the 'last white hope' angle.

It is a racist angle by the media, not by me. But it IS the truth.

freelance
02-16-2008, 09:14 AM
I've seen some stretches on these forums, but this one is one of the best.

Revolution9
02-16-2008, 09:23 AM
I've seen some stretches on these forums, but this one is one of the best.

QFT.. My woo woo gun is staying in its holster this s so absurd. A waste of ammo indeed.

Randy

pacelli
02-16-2008, 09:24 AM
Ron Paul the media darling????

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yeah, right.

Andrew76
02-16-2008, 09:25 AM

The media blackout on Dr. Paul HAS ENDED. Dr. Paul is NOW the 'media darling' because the leading contender for the '08 Presidency - Obama - is black.

The MSM owners want a white president - and they see Dr. Paul as the ONLY contender capable of defeating Obama in November, that is why they are pushing Dr. Paul on television.

I do suggest we take full advantage of this. Any ideas?

Hmm.... worst post ever? Have some class man.

nc4rp
02-16-2008, 09:30 AM
i havnt seen Congressman Paul mentioned in quite awhile. The media blackout in NC is still 100%

ronpaulblogsdotcom
02-16-2008, 09:31 AM
THANK YOU! Your Iraq junket trip idea for Dr. Paul may just turn this ship around!

I make a decent living as a technical advisor to Fortune 500 companies. My analysis feeds my family. I am offering it here for free.

My question is: I flagged what was going wrong in the RP campaign even before Iowa and was even branded a troll - but I was spot on every time.

Now that I am flagging what is going right for the RP campaign, people here don't want recognize it and take advantage of it?

All I am saying now is: If Dr. Paul has anything truly news worthy today, it WILL get airtime.

Ok dude no matter what the media does for RP now it is too late for a standard majority of the delegates victory, which may be a crippling blow as this will be a damn tough race for any Republican candidate.

They show 2 stories now and it means nothing. They wiped our momentum out with the blackout. It is called Super Tuesday for a reason. We won no states and got some delegates but no one is sure how many and they report as low a number as possible.

We are hoping for some miracle, weird McCain rumor, or some other oddity and to simply be a fly in the ointment. We collect delegates to try to be the kingmaker or to at least push an agenda.

And quoting the Art of War is nice but really that is for simple things like 2 forces. We are battling multiple forces and have already lost half the battles for a Republican nom. If the press runs a few stories it does not mean they run everything. If you are so sure then write your own press release and publish it. Even try doing it local and se how much coverage you get or calls you get back.

And yes I was doing Press Releases for RP unofficially.

rexsolomon
02-16-2008, 09:44 AM
We are hoping for some miracle.

The opportunity is there, the miracle is up to us. LiberteeBell's suggestion of a Dr. Paul junket to Iraq may just be the thing we need to turn this ship around.

It isn't over till the votes are counted in November.

Dr. Paul can still win this.

ToryNotion
02-16-2008, 09:54 AM
I've had to switch off my TV lately because of all the Ron Paul coverage. I mean I love Ron Paul but every single story on every single news item on every single news source? Its getting to be too much for me to bear. I'm starting to wonder if disrupters are putting these stupid stories on the site so then can then write on their stupid snarky blogs about the crazy stuff we write.

RollOn2day
02-16-2008, 10:00 AM
The opportunity is there, the miracle is up to us. LiberteeBell's suggestion of a Dr. Paul junket to Iraq may just be the thing we need to turn this ship around.

It isn't over till the votes are counted in November.

Dr. Paul can still win this.

So what do you suggest? Shall we do a chip in and call RP up and tell him we've collected enough money for him to go to Iraq?

At what point does HQ have a responsibility to run a campaign to win this by doing the easy stuff?

Having a grassroots the likes of us is unprecedented.But we still need a qualified, aggressive and savy HQ to make it all work. I'm still holding out that after March 4th we will see some changes.

What should be marketed and drummed up is that Ron Paul has more active military contributions that all other candidates COMBINED.

I'm all eyes and ears to see if HQ will do a damn thing with this. My guess is that if we don't promote it ourselves...most people will never know it.

fedup100
02-16-2008, 10:01 AM
The are pushing Paul because they know it is safe to do so now. They know they have shown their true agenda to the american public and are hopelessly now trying to splash a little Paul hoping to lull the sheep back to sleep.

RollOn2day
02-16-2008, 10:02 AM
And I do think that the MSM is willing to air Ron Paul news now that they have already created the public view that they wanted for him.

It is not because of color though....it is because of ratings.

dealerjim
02-16-2008, 10:05 AM
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc265/rwksl/Driving.jpg

slacker921
02-16-2008, 10:10 AM
this theory doesn't hold water... but..
there has been a tiny increase in interest in him by the media.

Some other theories to toss out there.. to show that maybe it's not black/white issue. Take your pick, OR just sit back and watch for the entertainment value and don't try to understand the machinations.

The GOP might want a decisive and quick victory by McCain - so if they split the anti-McCain vote amongst Huckabee and Paul then the gap between McCain and Huckabee will widen quickly. Getting Paul a few votes in a few key states while sidelining Huckabee will ensure McCain finishes well ahead of Huckabee and the delegate race (according to the media) will be over with before the convention.

The anti-McCain supporters in the media might realize that Huckabee can't get to a brokered convention on his own - and so Paul needs to do better than 3rd in some of the remaining states to pull delegates away from McCain and narrow the gap between McCain and Huckabee.

The Obama/Hillary supporters in the media might feel that McCain totally has this nomination locked up no matter what so it's safe now to discuss Paul in a positive light.. Paul's anti-war stance further emphasizes how out of touch McCain is. They could not afford to give Paul positive press in the past because they wanted to ensure that either McCain or Huckabee were the nominee - both of whom are going to be easy targets. Dig around on Drudge and you'll find where the Dems were drooling at the thought of Huckabee being the nominee back in December when he had that little surge. They're going to have a field day with McCain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gwqEneBKUs) (check out how many views that's had..).

A friend commented that she'd been watching this election more than any other and "it's like watching American Idol".... sad but true.. and what better way to increase ratings than to see a come from behind to force a brokered convention and a tumultuous end in the convention.. with the evil neo-con stranglehold of the GOP being broken? That'd bring some ratings. heheh..

mconder
02-16-2008, 10:15 AM
Nice how they don't show real Ron Paul crowds. The speaches they show have like 3 people at them.

ToryNotion
02-16-2008, 10:25 AM
A friend commented that she'd been watching this election more than any other and "it's like watching American Idol".

Its hard to say if the coverage is 'dumbed down' because of the audience or because of the tv personalities. I do love to watch Pat B do his tomahawk chop thing though.

Enzo
02-16-2008, 10:29 AM

+1

Actually, I have no tv. Just a large LCD screen on which I watch a lot of dvds.

It's always offensive to me know when I'm at a friends house and a commercial comes on.

rexsolomon
02-16-2008, 12:05 PM
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc265/rwksl/Driving.jpg

Lunchbreak. This image really cracked me up. :D

thoughtbombing
02-16-2008, 12:24 PM
crock of shit... my TV is always on, watchin NEWS ONLY and hes not on it.

liberteebell
02-16-2008, 12:27 PM

I don't buy the racist thing, I think it's more about ratings now that the media *thinks* it has destroyed Ron Paul, but I do buy taking advantage of every opportunity presented. The point being, every time people hear Ron Paul and The Message, a few more people wake up. And yeah, the media will continue to think they're playing us but we can play them at their own game too.

I am eternally optimistic that, by some total miracle, Ron Paul will win the republican nomination or "worst" case scenario, run as in Independent (and win, of course :D). However, I am a believer that this is as much or even more about The Message as it is The Man; that the presidential race is one, albeit large, facet of restoring our country to its roots and every chance to get the message out should be maximized.

liberteebell
02-16-2008, 12:35 PM
Ok dude no matter what the media does for RP now it is too late for a standard majority of the delegates victory, which may be a crippling blow as this will be a damn tough race for any Republican candidate.

They show 2 stories now and it means nothing. They wiped our momentum out with the blackout. It is called Super Tuesday for a reason. We won no states and got some delegates but no one is sure how many and they report as low a number as possible.

We are hoping for some miracle, weird McCain rumor, or some other oddity and to simply be a fly in the ointment. We collect delegates to try to be the kingmaker or to at least push an agenda.

And quoting the Art of War is nice but really that is for simple things like 2 forces. We are battling multiple forces and have already lost half the battles for a Republican nom. If the press runs a few stories it does not mean they run everything. If you are so sure then write your own press release and publish it. Even try doing it local and se how much coverage you get or calls you get back.

And yes I was doing Press Releases for RP unofficially.

Well, I commend you for your efforts with local press releases. At least you tried. I wish I'd known to at least try well before our primary :(

Yes we are up against multiple forces and it's daunting, but don't give up! So we've "lost" some battles. We've won a lot of battles too, the biggest one being all the people we've awakened without help from the media. I just KNOW you have some good personal stories to tell :D

nbhadja
02-16-2008, 12:35 PM
While I don't think this is true (they just care about establishment vs non establishment candidates) I think it's ridiculous that people are so afraid about threads that mention a race. Wa wa wa "mods please delete" :eek:

constituent
02-16-2008, 12:37 PM
this is laughable. are you saying the CFR is racist? If I turn on my tv all i see is Hillary, Obama, and Mccain.

because they are all racist.

i always thought it'd be awesome to make a huge billboard w/ Obama
on it, smiling and waving, with the text:

Don't be a racist, vote for me.

As the only message.

Anyeong
02-16-2008, 12:40 PM
Ron Paul being mentioned on CNN again, over his gold standard

liberteebell
02-16-2008, 12:41 PM
So what do you suggest? Shall we do a chip in and call RP up and tell him we've collected enough money for him to go to Iraq?

At what point does HQ have a responsibility to run a campaign to win this by doing the easy stuff?

Having a grassroots the likes of us is unprecedented.But we still need a qualified, aggressive and savy HQ to make it all work. I'm still holding out that after March 4th we will see some changes.

What should be marketed and drummed up is that Ron Paul has more active military contributions that all other candidates COMBINED.

I'm all eyes and ears to see if HQ will do a damn thing with this. My guess is that if we don't promote it ourselves...most people will never know it.

Anybody have RPs phone number? I'll chip in and call him :D Why not?? What a morale booster this would be for the troops on the ground in Iraq (I know, I dream xtra-big).

I'll put this in HQ's suggestion box and hope for the best.

In the meantime, I'm writing to my local paper and teevee since Norfolk is such a large military town.

Carole
02-16-2008, 12:47 PM
He was just discussed briefly on CNN regarding economy and gold standard.

Shink
02-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Until I see more than a mere TWO references to Ron in the media, I'll have to call bullshit on 'the blackout is lifted' claim.

Carole
02-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Ron Paul cannot leave the country now on a junket anywhere.

Ron Paul does not even take the Congressional pension. I doubt he would approve using taxpayer money for a junket.

Get real.

However, he might consider it if we funded it. :)

Carole
02-16-2008, 01:01 PM
How about Ron Paul plastered all over the networks news shows for one?????

They are paying lip service to him. They are so bored with their own candidates that they have no news to cover and are, as usual, trying to get viewers-namely us. Who wants to watch the media circus that is going on? They want viewers. Mentioning Ron Paul is controversial and that is what they thrive on.

Again just now as I typed this, they mentioned him in a derogatory manner regarding gold standard on Your Money. One second coverage. :D

Wake up and smell the coffee.

slantedview
02-16-2008, 01:02 PM
Ron still doesn't even register on the media coverage scale.

http://www.journalism.org/files/u26/race_for_media_exposure2_0.png

Notice who does register, Romney, a guy who dropped out.

http://www.journalism.org/node/9711

liberteebell
02-16-2008, 01:02 PM
Ron Paul cannot leave the country now on a junket anywhere.

Ron Paul does not even take the Congressional pension. I doubt he would approve using taxpayer money for a junket.

Get real.

However, he might consider it if we funded it. :)

I absolutely understand that we would fund it. I wasn't suggesting taxpayer funded. Been reading Ron Paul for about 10 years now and I know better than to suggest that :)

I also know that he can't go anywhere right now but after the Texas primary, why not?

angelatc
02-16-2008, 01:03 PM
They aren't pushing him although I agree the blackout has been lifted it is not because they want him to win, it is because they think he has no more chance.

Quoted for truth.

In their world, Obama is the next President and true conservatism is the next likely threat to the globalist agenda.

New Governor Of Alaska
02-16-2008, 01:16 PM
The media blackout on Dr. Paul HAS ENDED. Dr. Paul is NOW being brought back into the limelight ......

I am sorry, rexsolomon, but this statement can be called a Joke Of The Year.

:D :D :D

H Roark
02-16-2008, 01:29 PM
LOL, you think race is even an issue with the elite!? They don't care if the president is lime green as long as he is doing their bidding thats all that matters, Obama is perfect.

Ron Paul wants to get rid of the Federal Reserve, once you understand how much impact that stance has on the establishment...

rexsolomon
02-16-2008, 01:30 PM
I am sorry, rexsolomon, but this statement can be called a Joke Of The Year.

:D :D :D

I try not to take myself too seriously. :D

It IS happening though.

ButchHowdy
02-16-2008, 01:47 PM
" . . . HQ should really ride the wave of the active duty military donations by having rallies close to or on military bases everywhere (never let an opportunity pass by), or doing speeches on aircraft carriers and such. . . . "

Who could we contact about doing this?

liberteebell
02-16-2008, 02:01 PM
Who could we contact about doing this?

I wish I knew. I posted something on the Daily Dose on the main website in hopes it moves up the food chain. We need a hotline to Ron Paul ;)

Lisa S
02-16-2008, 02:03 PM
I think the small increase in coverage is to try and mend the fences a bit with the Ron Paul supporters. They also may a have heard that research is going on about the lack of coverage of Ron Paul. Who knows? I'm sure whatever the reason it's not to get Ron Paul elected. I wish it were true for whatever reason, but they probably prefer O'bama anyday to Paul.

rexsolomon
02-16-2008, 02:32 PM
I think the small increase in coverage is to try and mend the fences a bit with the Ron Paul supporters. They also may a have heard that research is going on about the lack of coverage of Ron Paul. Who knows? I'm sure whatever the reason it's not to get Ron Paul elected. I wish it were true for whatever reason, but they probably prefer O'bama anyday to Paul.

Come on people. Super Tuesday has come and gone. The MSM could easily remove any reference or mention of Ron Paul 100% of the time from here on in - but they are not! The recent free publicity for Dr. Paul will last.

Occam's razor. The simplest explanation is this:

The media doesn't win if this early on (February) the presidency is an Obama-only affair. What will the MSM do till the September convention?

Dr. Paul is again being cast in the limelight because he is the only one with enough popularity, stalwart supporters, the proven ability to raise funds - and military support, plus a firm moral ground to counter Obama's slick 'I'll promise you anything, just vote for me' style.

The MSM knows that McCain will be obliterated by Obama, and that would not make for high Nielsen ratings.

This campaign is starting to play like the original 'Rocky' film. :D

libertythor
02-16-2008, 02:35 PM
His very strong showing in 5-6 states helps also. Plus with the recent economic news his message is now looking more credible to some in the MSM.

CurtisLow
02-16-2008, 03:03 PM

The media blackout on Dr. Paul HAS ENDED. Dr. Paul is NOW being brought back into the limelight because the leading contender for the '08 Presidency - Obama - is black.

I do suggest we take full advantage of this.

what are you smoking... lol When I see it, then I will believe it..

latkinson6
02-16-2008, 04:44 PM
Well I don't see any media changes atm. But, when the voting is done I bet we see alot of RP in the news. only after its safe.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&num=10&lr=&cr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&as_rights=&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tab=wn&resnum=0&ct=property-revision&cd=2&q=%22ron+paul%22&scoring=n

still same ol stuff...:mad:

Local media is the only way to go. I sent a few letters and I did get some good responses.:) There are a few journalists here who are RP supporters. (WA)

wgadget
02-16-2008, 04:54 PM
ROFL - the blackout is still very much in force. Ask anyone you know if they've seen Ron Paul on their TV and the answer will be a resounding "no" or "...who?"

Pete

The little Mexican girl next door came into my home today and announced that on the news they said Ron Paul dropped out.

Heh.

idiotwind
02-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Rex,
You're stupid and it's supporters like you that make us look bad. Also your critical thinking is broken

rexsolomon
02-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Rex,
You're stupid and it's supporters like you that make us look bad. Also your critical thinking is broken

With a handle like idiotwind, how can I make you look worse? :D

pacelli
02-16-2008, 05:25 PM
Then next Saturday, February 23, Dr. Paul will be appearing at two events: an 11 a.m. rally in Killeen, Texas, and a 4 p.m. student rally at the University of Texas at Austin. The Killeen rally will take place at the Vive Les Arts Theatre, 3401 South W.S. Young Drive. Killeeen is home to Fort Hood, with 25,000 active duty military, and we can count on it being a great event.

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates

liberteebell
02-16-2008, 05:32 PM
Then next Saturday, February 23, Dr. Paul will be appearing at two events: an 11 a.m. rally in Killeen, Texas, and a 4 p.m. student rally at the University of Texas at Austin. The Killeen rally will take place at the Vive Les Arts Theatre, 3401 South W.S. Young Drive. Killeeen is home to Fort Hood, with 25,000 active duty military, and we can count on it being a great event.

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates

Yay!!! Hooray!!!! Finally, an event near a military base!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I wish he would keep doing events near/at/on military bases everywhere he goes.