PDA

View Full Version : Can we still win?

wongster41
02-16-2008, 02:52 AM
This is an honest question, can Ron Paul still win the election? I understand if this goes to the broker's convention, the delegates can choose the candidate? Pardon me for being ignorant on this subject, but does Ron Paul still have a chance in the republican party? Thanks in advance.

Fields
02-16-2008, 02:54 AM
Yes.

PauliticsPolitics
02-16-2008, 02:55 AM
we can win if we want to read:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=119814

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates/2008/02/15/become-a-delegate-for-ron-paul/

ok?

and learn first hand from here as to why we have to organize:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=121191

Paultergeist
02-16-2008, 02:58 AM
No. We never could. The system is too biased for this kind of movement to exist in a "comfortable nation." As long as the average Joe is too busy working for a living to keep himself informed, and living too comfortably to realize we're fightings wars/in a financial crisis/losing our civil liberties/etc then this kind of movement will never gain enough speed. Sadly, most people require having their rights taken away and their lives to fall on very hard times before they start REALLY looking for answers.

Fields
02-16-2008, 02:58 AM

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates/2008/02/15/become-a-delegate-for-ron-paul/

ok?

His original question was in binary form. There were only 2 possibilities, none of which you picked.

Carl Corey
02-16-2008, 02:59 AM
Ron Paul isn't going to win with less than 10% of the national support.

Besides, McCain already has enough delegates with Romney's backing.

PauliticsPolitics
02-16-2008, 03:09 AM
His original question was in binary form. There were only 2 possibilities, none of which you picked.
ok, yes we can win.

but winning is definined as working for it.

Kludge
02-16-2008, 03:11 AM
The 2008 G.E. will be between two statists. One will win. We can keep propelling the message until people are familiar with it. Maybe we'll "win" in 2028 or something around there....

Malum Prohibitum
02-16-2008, 03:14 AM
Not the 2008 election, No. I have real hope for 2016 or 2020.

TwiLeXia
02-16-2008, 03:17 AM
Honestly, we have probably 1% chance. This is if McCain gets a heart attack, Huckabee is called back to heaven, and the Mitt Romney decides he'd rather chill out back home as gov. of MA. Then yes, Dr. Paul = candidate ;)

nosebruise
02-16-2008, 03:18 AM

he also asked 3 seperate questions and you gave a single answer.
and he didnt ask specifically for a binary answer. that answer was perfectly acceptable. in fact it was informative, while yours wasn't.

i'd understand your statement if the OP asked for a yes or no answer, but ragging on someone because they tried to explain stuff to someone who was obviously looking for answers is not something that should be considered problematic.

also... "we can win" does in fact equate to one of those binary options, regardless of if it was followed by an "if" statment, so it in fact did answer the question.

im kinda confused as to why you even made that statement. it was rather hostile for pretty much no purpose.

Malum Prohibitum
02-16-2008, 03:33 AM
Honestly, we have probably 1% chance. This is if McCain gets a heart attack, Huckabee is called back to heaven, and the Mitt Romney decides he'd rather chill out back home as gov. of MA. Then yes, Dr. Paul = candidate ;)

Thats more like a .0000000000000001% chance :)

linusPAULing
02-16-2008, 06:15 AM
We win with every speech made and every dollar raised!

itsnobody
02-16-2008, 06:21 AM
This is an honest question, can Ron Paul still win the election? I understand if this goes to the broker's convention, the delegates can choose the candidate? Pardon me for being ignorant on this subject, but does Ron Paul still have a chance in the republican party? Thanks in advance.

Yes we can win, not the Presidential Nomination, but we can still take over congress

http://www.paulcongress.com

We need to build up the Ron Paul Coalition to have thousands of members running for Congress and Senate in it, then we can easily take over congress with all of the support we have now. Winning a Congressional Election is a lot easier. We already won 4+ Ron Paul strict constitutionalist Republicans in congress in MD...the next step is take over fully. Remember congress has more power than the president.

Coola
02-16-2008, 06:33 AM
I hope people are seriously keeping their yard signs and bumper stickers on. Even IF ron paul isn't elected, KEEP THEM ON! We need the name recognition so more people can research "why do i keep seeing ron paul, who is that?" and the message spreads

OTHER CAMPAIGNS WILL DIE, but it is imperative we continue to spread AT LEAST his Name.

Yes it's about the message and what better way to direct people to the messenger himself.

Ninja Homer
02-16-2008, 08:00 AM

The probability is very low, but technically there is still a chance. If McCain was to get 1191 bound delegates, then McCain absolutely, positively, would have it locked up (unless he was to drop out for some strange reason).

Alex Libman
02-16-2008, 08:44 AM
Not the 2008 election, No. I have real hope for 2016 or 2020.

I was going to say the same thing, and since Ron Paul will be in his 80's by then we need to unite behind a party, not one leader. The Libertarian Party needs to pick up where Ron Paul leaves off...

02-16-2008, 08:48 AM
We've already won. More people have heard the freedom message in a few short months than over the course of many years. Millions of people are thinking about our ideas, and voting based on them. A few people are running for office themselves.

Yes, I would say that's a victory.

JimInNY
02-16-2008, 08:49 AM
A pox on all of the naysayers on this thread. Of course he can win, and he will win, if we keep doing our job.

LEK
02-16-2008, 08:57 AM
What if there's a coordinated write-in effort?

Strom Thurman won that way for a Senate position in 1954.

Alex Libman
02-16-2008, 09:08 AM
A pox on all those who snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by not uniting behind the Libertarian Party now that Ron Paul has definitively stated he's not running as an independent.

A victory is if we get 3-5% in November, many times more than LP's Michael Badnarik got in 2004, and build momentum for 2012, 2016, etc.

A defeat is if we continue chanting "Ron Paul" like he's our beloved dictator and run everything we've built together thus-far into a dead end!

JimInNY
02-16-2008, 09:11 AM
A defeat is if we continue chanting "Ron Paul" like he's our beloved dictator and run everything we've built together thus-far into a dead end!

Everything we built together thus far has been built because Ron Paul is running for president. Did you forget that simple little truth?

mountaineer
02-16-2008, 09:17 AM
A pox on all of the naysayers on this thread. Of course he can win, and he will win, if we keep doing our job.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:UyUJg2GSpqKclM:http://users.commspeed.net/guzzi/images/REALLY.jpg

hypnagogue
02-16-2008, 09:17 AM
A defeat is if we continue chanting "Ron Paul" like he's our beloved dictator and run everything we've built together thus-far into a dead end!Everything we built together thus far has been built because Ron Paul is running for president. Did you forget that simple little truth? I understood his comment differently. I believe he's saying if we keep doing exactly what we're doing this whole movement is going to hit a wall when Dr. Paul doesn't win. We need to divest the message from the messenger so that one loss isn't the end of for this thing.

tangent4ronpaul
02-16-2008, 09:38 AM

YES!

-n

JimInNY
02-16-2008, 09:41 AM
I understood his comment differently. I believe he's saying if we keep doing exactly what we're doing this whole movement is going to hit a wall when Dr. Paul doesn't win. We need to divest the message from the messenger so that one loss isn't the end of for this thing.

Then you may have missed this part:

A pox on all those who snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by not uniting behind the Libertarian Party now that Ron Paul has definitively stated he's not running as an independent.

Ron Paul is still running for the Republican nomination and anyone who thinks this fight is over, is still getting his/her news from CNN or FAUX News.

Andrew76
02-16-2008, 09:52 AM

Of course he can! The only way he'll lose for certain, is if people throw in the towel before the race is over. It's like this, the odds might not be in our favor, but if you sit around and do NOTHING and/or throw up your hands in resignation over the difficutlies we're facing, then yes, it will be a certain loss.

Here's a huge, burning, stinking "thanks for nothing!" to all who say he'll lose, who purport to be a supporter of his. This whole campaign has been a roll of the dice, so what's new? Do nothing and his loss is absolutely guarunteed.

This is far from over, so yes, he can of course still win.

A Ron Paul Rebel
02-16-2008, 09:53 AM
YES, he can still WIN!!!

There are many things in the works and a couple
different ways that he can win.

Stay tuned...

Banana
02-16-2008, 09:58 AM

ok?

Spot on.

Paul *will* win if we fill the delegate ranks everywhere at state convention and national convention.

Delegates are bound to the winner of their state election *BUT* are free to do anything else; draw up the party platform, pass resolutions and create committees.

With enough organization, we would be able to reform GOP, chain the nominee to Paul's message and pave the road for future Ron Paul Republicans to win more positions in next election year.

This is how Paul will win, but he'll need grassroot to organize and take over the conventions.

A Ron Paul Rebel
02-16-2008, 10:07 AM

Being your first post, I'm thinking you may have an agenda by asking this question.

m72mc
02-16-2008, 10:50 AM
He can win the election BUT more importantly is that his message wins and it will if you keep supporting him.

Craig_R
02-16-2008, 11:57 AM

yes, if mccamnesty dies of skin cancer we've got a good shot.

Bubba
02-16-2008, 12:10 PM
[QUOTE=Carl Corey;1273009]Ron Paul isn't going to win with less than 10% of the national support.QUOTE]

Carl, 10% is only the amount that msm are reporting. The real numbers are quadruple that and probably then some. We have to stop buying into that crap.