PDA

View Full Version : Watch For the TROLLS trying to make the March sound Bad

icon124
02-15-2008, 11:41 PM
Obviously there are trolls here that want to make this march sound like a bad idea. Think about it...if they thought it was a bad idea and didn't want to go, then they wouldn't go. It's that simple. People who actually support Ron Paul wouldn't come on here and try to convince us it is a bad idea. We all know this. So when you see these threads, just remember they are most likely trolls.

Imagine if you were a Ron Paul supporter, but didn't want to participate in the march. Would you really go out of your way and try to make the march seem like a really bad idea? Besides how bad could a march be? The Government will realize how strong and motivated we are, the media will how no choice but to cover it, and we get to see Ron Paul in person :p

faisal
02-15-2008, 11:52 PM

josh24601
02-16-2008, 12:12 AM
No no you have it all wrong. Anybody who disagrees with *me* is a troll and must be purged.

icon124
02-16-2008, 02:09 AM
tarzan is not a troll. He's been with us for longer than you have and I have a lot of respect for him... from the blimp to other volunteer opportunities.

LMFAO when did I say he was a troll. You need to look at the huge number of posts saying why we don't need a march

Expatriate
02-16-2008, 02:09 AM
The best way to fight someone you honestly think is a troll is to not reply to them. Flag their post (the little exclamation point at the top right of the post) so that the moderators can take a look at it.

Just remember: DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS! Let them feed themselves. I really don't think the "trolls" can hurt us anyways. If anything, their antics provide me with a lot of entertainment. It's fun to hunt down the trolls and flag their posts! Just don't argue with them (I found that out the hard way) It is frustrating and just gets them more views.

Also, don't make the mistake of publicly accusing people of being trolls without a HEAP of evidence to back up your claims. Often, it is just a poorly informed real supporter who needs issues clarified for them.

Expatriate
02-16-2008, 02:23 AM
The huge number of posts protesting the March on Washington have done nothing but convince me that it is the best idea since sliced bread. No wonder there is so much anonymous dissent; the march is a neocon's nightmare!

We can use pictures and video from the march to convince people of the true numbers that support Ron Paul and the principles this great country was founded on. We are still only in the beginning stages of the Revolution! Many more will join us after this.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-16-2008, 04:27 AM
Yes, there are a lot of divider types in here. There's plenty of room for honest disagreement and discussion, but much of it is getting lost in dishonest crap.

When you see a post, ask yourself... Is this post an honest critique of something, or is it meant to divide and confuse people?

ducky
02-16-2008, 05:00 AM
No no you have it all wrong. Anybody who disagrees with *me* is a troll and must be purged.

lol + kudos

Revolution9
02-16-2008, 07:30 AM
lol + kudos

Beware.. This is not a playpen built to coddle provocateurs, obfuscationists and shills for other candidates. Nor does the wide openness of t allow remedy that the rights of a neocons shill be violated when they are ceremonially banned.

The OP is correct.

HTH
Randy

Working Poor
02-16-2008, 07:45 AM
I think the march is a good idea but, I also think the babies and small children ought to be left at home for their own protection.

I am sure that police will be there in full riot gear.

Technics2000
02-16-2008, 07:48 AM
Just like Dr. Paul some of the people here have doubts about the march and are voicing valid concerns, some of which i'm sure RP himself has thought about. That being said, I definitely think there are others here looking to spread false information and lower morale, my concern is it seems like recently it has been coming from people who have been here awhile, who maybe have given up on RP and are here just to cause trouble. I dont know, these are just my opinions..,

And now to go OT:

Beware.. This is not a playpen built to coddle provocateurs, obfuscationists and shills for other candidates. Nor does the wide openness of t allow remedy that the rights of a neocons shill be violated when they are ceremonially banned.

The OP is correct.

HTH
Randy

No offense but shouldn't it be ceremoniously? :D

Bruno
02-16-2008, 07:58 AM
Yes, there are a lot of divider types in here. There's plenty of room for honest disagreement and discussion, but much of it is getting lost in dishonest crap.

When you see a post, ask yourself... Is this post an honest critique of something, or is it meant to divide and confuse people?

Well put!

Joseph Hart
02-16-2008, 08:01 AM
Ron Paul calls for a march, we answer. No were not sheep, we know whats going on. We NEED to march.

Revolution9
02-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Just like Dr. Paul some of the people here have doubts about the march and are voicing valid concerns, some of which i'm sure RP himself has thought about. That being said, I definitely think there are others here looking to spread false information and lower morale, my concern is it seems like recently it has been coming from people who have been here awhile, who maybe have given up on RP and are here just to cause trouble. I dont know, these are just my opinions..,

And now to go OT:

No offense but shouldn't it be ceremoniously? :D

Either way. I think the way I spelt it has less positive connotation to it and implies an ongoing situation.

best Regards
Randy

aksmith
02-16-2008, 10:13 AM
Someone needs to be a troll to think the march is a bad idea?

Frankly, I know that a lot of us NEED to march. That has been proven time and again. The only question is the effectiveness of the march.

No, the media does not have to cover it. There could be 5 million people there and the media most likely won't cover it. Maybe a "web exclusive." That's about it. Then what have you accomplished? The answer is that you'll feel good about yourselves. This means nothing. It gets no results. And for most, it will mean the end of their involvement with the freedom movement, not the beginning.

I wish a march would accomplish something. But the odds of anything like a success are dismal. Someone on another thread estimated that if 100,000 people show up, and each spend 250 dollars, the cost would be about 25 million spent. That's a huge opportunity cost. Think of the independent run that could fund. Then take all those dollars and instead tell Dr. Paul we'll each give him 250 dollars right away to fund national TV commercials and ballot access for an independent run.

The GOP has turned out to be a corrupt piece of garbage not worth our time. It's time to fund an independent candidate for change, Dr. Ronald Eugene Paul. If I thought any of our marches had accomplished anything, I'd feel differently. But look at the marches so far. They've accomplished nothing but making us feel good. That's not worth the effort and expense.

Finn
02-16-2008, 10:20 AM
I wish a march would accomplish something. But the odds of anything like a success are dismal. Someone on another thread estimated that if 100,000 people show up, and each spend 250 dollars, the cost would be about 25 million spent. That's a huge opportunity cost. Think of the independent run that could fund. Then take all those dollars and instead tell Dr. Paul we'll each give him 250 dollars right away to fund national TV commercials and ballot access for an independent run.
I wish he would at least want to run independant, but he made it very clear that he won't, so what can we do really?

aksmith
02-16-2008, 10:26 AM
I wish he would at least want to run independant, but he made it very clear that he won't, so what can we do really?

We can promise him the money and the support and if he refuses, look for someone who will accept.

I don't know about Marc Sanford or Jeff Flake, but maybe there is a Gary Johnson (former New Mexico Governor) or someone who is very close to Dr. Paul ideologically who will use the money to run an independent campaign.

I love Dr. Paul, like we all do, but at some point this just becomes stupid. If he won't step up and say he wants people's votes and say he wants the office and actually act like he wants it, then we need to either put him in the position of doing what we expect or finding someone who is pro-freedom and actually wants the job.

The campaign has slowed to a trickle. Has there been a single appearance in Wisconsin? Pennsylvania? (other than the one they won in a contest). It's time to either act like you want the job or pull out and let someone who wants it step up.

AzNsOuLjAh27
02-16-2008, 01:11 PM
They are all over the place!

The Tao Of Bill
02-16-2008, 01:19 PM
You know...

I'm getting sick and tired of all this "troll" talk. It's so completely anti liberty it's ridiculous. If your positions are strong enough they will be able to withstand any attack someone lays down on them.

Critics and skeptics and cynics are not bad things to be ignored. They often can point out flaws in strategies and can help make a movement stronger.

You know what does the opposite of that?

Labeling everyone who criticizes the movement as a troll and putting the movement in an echo chamber full of yes men and sheep. It doesn't allow the movement to come up with productive ideas to combat criticism and it gives people in the movement a false sense of hope that will cause a huge crash and possibly even an abandonment of the movement once reality kicks in.

So can we seriously cut the troll talk out and embrace freedom of speech like Ron Paul does. If a critic is wrong then we should be able to debate him to the point where his ideas are made into a joke. If he is right then we can adjust our movement accordingly. Stop being afraid of opposing opinions. It's dangerous for the movement.

Bubba
02-16-2008, 01:23 PM
Obviously there are trolls here that want to make this march sound like a bad idea. Think about it...if they thought it was a bad idea and didn't want to go, then they wouldn't go. It's that simple. People who actually support Ron Paul wouldn't come on here and try to convince us it is a bad idea. We all know this. So when you see these threads, just remember they are most likely trolls.

Imagine if you were a Ron Paul supporter, but didn't want to participate in the march. Would you really go out of your way and try to make the march seem like a really bad idea? Besides how bad could a march be? The Government will realize how strong and motivated we are, the media will how no choice but to cover it, and we get to see Ron Paul in person :p

It is just this type of thinking with your brain instead of your latest copy of the National Enquirer or TV Guide, that is going to and will continue to keep this rEVOLution alive long passed November.

It is folks like this who are the very rebars holding together the cement of the foundation of this new "home" that shall never fall. All the other parties are creating houses of cards and Leaning Towers of Piza where supporters flip-flop with the flavour of the week - completely unstable.

Congressman Paul's supporters are in it for LIFE!

RucdelaSpook
02-16-2008, 05:13 PM
Someone needs to be a troll to think the march is a bad idea?

Frankly, I know that a lot of us NEED to march. That has been proven time and again. The only question is the effectiveness of the march.

No, the media does not have to cover it. There could be 5 million people there and the media most likely won't cover it. Maybe a "web exclusive." That's about it. Then what have you accomplished? The answer is that you'll feel good about yourselves. This means nothing. It gets no results. And for most, it will mean the end of their involvement with the freedom movement, not the beginning.

I wish a march would accomplish something. But the odds of anything like a success are dismal.

Well, aksmith, I think that 'feeling good about ourselves' is a pretty good answer!!! A lot of us have been feeling kind of low, and demoralized what with the media blackouts and election fraud, and I think that a march is just the shot in the arm we need to keep on trucking!

If we have a march, (and from what I've heard from those who have already commited no matter what the date, in my own CITY-- it will be HUGE), it will have a long-lasting effect on the significance and relevance of our R3volution. We NEED to see the faces of the everyday American people that have been supporting Dr. Paul across the country. It'll be good to see that everyone who likes Ron Paul isn't just young, white, a Truther (not that there's anything wrong with that), or hard-core social conservative (or with that). Dr. Paul has attracted support from all across the field (e.g. I'm a gay, hispanic, 21-year old ex-Democrat-4-life) and I think that this march is the BEST idea that this campaign has come up with. I have been longing for an opportunity to see Dr. Paul in person, and I just love the idea of joining a large group of people fighting for something I have so much passion for: the U.S. Constitution.

I honestly don't understand why some of the people on this forum are so negative while at the same time adding that they're just being "realistic." The words on my Ron Paul sign say, "Ron Paul- Hope for America". Where's the 'Hope for Ron Paul Forums'??? :p

GayRPFan
02-17-2008, 12:15 AM
I honestly don't understand why some of the people on this forum are so negative while at the same time adding that they're just being "realistic." The words on my Ron Paul sign say, "Ron Paul- Hope for America". Where's the 'Hope for Ron Paul Forums'??? :p

Well, reality has a way of smacking one on the side of the head. Look at how much $$$ isn't coming in, its flat-lined! Granted, it's right before a Money bomb day. People wanted something to show for their hard earned efforts, time and money and got very little in return as the RPHQ Super Tues strategy failed. I can't blame them for walking away or most likely, all are on hold, waiting for another possibility/hope.

Prediction: the Presidential Moneybomb will be a Moneydud! That's reality, guaranteed!

And, the DC march will most likely be a dud too.

Personally, RP is taking a huge risk with this march idea. He's way out on a limb here and he is risking the future of his nascent Ron Paulitical movement. A low turn-out march will mortally wound the RP movement by visually showing your enemies how much support you don't have.

Trust me, if its small the MSM will gleefully report it 24/7. If its large, we'll be basically ignored (again). Worse, if the march is small, it'll probably destroy any chances for a 3rd party run and completely demoralize the remaining supporters. Ron Paul is betting the farm here. The RP movement is the very last hope America has left to reverse course from the abyss of totalitarianism? What is the payoff we get for such a risk!?

Better to take the money spent going to a march in DC and pledge it for a Ron Paul 3rd Party run. Maybe then, if the haul is huge we can entice the good doctor to change his mind.

revolutionary8
02-17-2008, 12:29 AM
Well, reality has a way of smacking one on the side of the head. Look at how much $$$ isn't coming in, its flat-lined! Granted, it's right before a Money bomb day. People wanted something to show for their hard earned efforts, time and money and got very little in return as the RPHQ Super Tues strategy failed. I can't blame them for walking away or most likely, all are on hold, waiting for another possibility/hope.

Prediction: the Presidential Moneybomb will be a Moneydud! That's reality, guaranteed!

Personally, RP is taking a huge risk with this march idea. He's way out on a limb here and he is risking the future of his nascent Ron Paulitical movement. A low turn-out march will mortally wound the RP movement by visually showing your enemies how much support you don't have.

Trust me, if its small the MSM will gleefully report it 24/7. If its large, we'll be basically ignored (again). Worse, if the march is small, it'll probably destroy any chances for a 3rd party run and completely demoralize the remaining supporters. Ron Paul is betting the farm here. The RP movement is the very last hope America has left to reverse course from the abyss of totalitarianism? What is the payoff we get for such a risk!?

Better to take the money spent going to a march in DC and pledge it for a Ron Paul 3rd Party run. Maybe then, if the haul is huge we can entice the good doctor to change his mind.
And you will always be scared.
If you don't live on the edge, you cannot see the view.
I wish the poopy panties people would bitch and moan over at the Libertarian Third Party Watch Place, rather than here.
The March is going to happen.
period. Your pissing and moaning isn't going to stop it.
Once again,
RON PAUL HAS SAID HE IS NOT GOING TO RUN ON A THIRD PARTY TICKET.
THUS THERE IS NO THIRD PARTY TICKET TO "DESTROY" WITH A SILLY OL' MARCH ON WASHINGTON.

ETA- I'm sure others are seeing through this like a winda (with a gun rack) :D

Revolution9
02-17-2008, 12:02 PM
And you will always be scared.
If you don't live on the edge, you cannot see the view.
I wish the poopy panties people would bitch and moan over at the Libertarian Third Party Watch Place, rather than here.
The March is going to happen.
period. Your pissing and moaning isn't going to stop it.
Once again,
RON PAUL HAS SAID HE IS NOT GOING TO RUN ON A THIRD PARTY TICKET.
THUS THERE IS NO THIRD PARTY TICKET TO "DESTROY" WITH A SILLY OL' MARCH ON WASHINGTON.

ETA- I'm sure others are seeing through this like a winda (with a gun rack) :D

Well ... I consider the poster you replied to nailed to the wall.. Some people must have miserable lives to be such condescending asses for no good reason except the MSM twinked their winkie.. Whiners.

Best
Randy

raiha
02-17-2008, 12:18 PM
Then take all those dollars and instead tell Dr. Paul we'll each give him 250 dollars right away to fund national TV commercials and ballot access for an independent run.

Stop being so sensible! :)

Honestly Congressman Paul keeps saying the People ARE the campaign. It is time for the people to feel visible, counted, noisy, exuberent, peaceful and experience each other in large numbers. An injection in the multitude of arms that no telelvision ad (and I still can't get my head around this concept of MARKETING a politician) could even begin to compete with!

This time is right! Let the games begin!!!

Liberty_is_NORML
02-17-2008, 12:20 PM

STOP WITH THE DAMN TROLL TALK.

PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STFU.

RucdelaSpook
02-17-2008, 02:00 PM

Then do your damn best to make sure it isn't. I'll see you at the rally. :)

wowabunga
02-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Last I checked this national march idea was still in "exploratory" mode... so here's my two cents...

There is SO MUCH work yet to be done in our neighborhood and someone out there is gonna have to convince me that I need to spend several hundred dollars on travel, when instead me and my pals here in Missouri could pool that money and spend it locally and hold one heck of a mind blowing political event/statement. Having worked in the "media" I need answers to a few things.... what guarantees that the "bought and paid for" media will greet us with news choppers and live video feeds, and overall squeaky clean reporting about our message and our trek to the nations capitol ???

I suggest we focus the grass roots where the roots are... and in unison march on our state capitols all on the same day. Spend the gas food and hotel money locally... on a local event of substantial size and substance. As a boots on the ground supporter who spends 2-3 days a week helping to get out the message... we still have a HUGE portion of our locals who have no clue who Ron Paul is, and as the media keeps pumping out the garbage, the locals are getting a lot of really bad info about him. More ideas to come.... we've been quietly working on our own substantial march/event weekend pulling together many local associations of merit... that's right folks we stay busy here in Missoura...! My revolution resume....

Our best effort yet to educate our neighbors....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URTvgfnh1pM

Bill Clinton gets a face full of Ron Paul signs....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvznnt2aCjE

Rudy gets a warm Missouri welcome...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5E7Qk9Fa9c

-Ramblin Randy

LibertyEagle
02-17-2008, 03:01 PM
We can promise him the money and the support and if he refuses, look for someone who will accept.

I don't know about Marc Sanford or Jeff Flake, but maybe there is a Gary Johnson (former New Mexico Governor) or someone who is very close to Dr. Paul ideologically who will use the money to run an independent campaign.

I love Dr. Paul, like we all do, but at some point this just becomes stupid. If he won't step up and say he wants people's votes and say he wants the office and actually act like he wants it, then we need to either put him in the position of doing what we expect or finding someone who is pro-freedom and actually wants the job.

The campaign has slowed to a trickle. Has there been a single appearance in Wisconsin? Pennsylvania? (other than the one they won in a contest). It's time to either act like you want the job or pull out and let someone who wants it step up.

He's campaigning in Texas this month for President and also to keep his Congressional seat. Those elections will be held on 3/4, I think.

Joseph Hart
02-17-2008, 03:04 PM
I think the march is a good idea but, I also think the babies and small children ought to be left at home for their own protection.

I am sure that police will be there in full riot gear.

Why you plan on rioting? That would be a very stupid thing to do :/

tbrambo
02-17-2008, 05:01 PM
IGNORE THEM! nay-sayers are poison to the Revolution.

Even if they are not trolls their negativity is killing our passion. That's the porblem with most Americans, especially American males. We are weak and scared and always nay-saying about how things aren't going to work, or how it's "dangerous" or we "shouldn't do that"!!!

WHAT EVER! Raise up! MARCH! :D

All Seeing Eye
02-17-2008, 05:29 PM

Even if they are not trolls their negativity is killing our passion. That's the porblem with most Americans, especially American males. We are weak and scared and always nay-saying about how things aren't going to work, or how it's "dangerous" or we "shouldn't do that"!!!

Absolutely! :D

Joseph Hart
02-17-2008, 05:37 PM

You're right on.