PDA

View Full Version : Let me see if I get this straight: Republican Party of Texas Spins Liberty!

IPSecure
02-15-2008, 10:50 PM
Received this email from the Republican Party of Texas.

Correct me if I am wrong, these people are for destroying Liberty?
Is this what the Republican Party actually stands for?

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Pelosi’s Posse of Liberal Merry Pranksters Skip Town and Forget to Protect America’s Vital Security Interests

Liberal Stalwarts Edwards, Lampson and Rodriguez Skip Town before Important FISA vote can be taken

Austin- After a continual blockade of the bipartisan FISA legislation this week Texas Congressmen Chet Edwards (TX-17), Nick Lampson (TX-22) and Ciro Rodriguez (TX-23) left town with their fellow liberal counterparts without reauthorizing the Protect America Act, stranding our law enforcement and potentially putting millions of American lives in danger.

House Republican leaders and the President of the United States said that they were committed to remaining in Washington until the people’s business is done. The premature departure from Washington, D.C. of Edwards, Lampson and Rodriguez from is a strong indicator of Nancy Pelosi’s political muscle with these most liberal Texas members.

“Edwards, Lampson and Rodriguez all seem to be happy ‘two-stepping’ to the worst liberal tunes Nancy Pelosi puts on the jukebox. Unfortunately, these liberal merry pranksters in Congress have put the capabilities of our men and women in law enforcement in great jeopardy,” RPT Communications Director Hans Klingler said.

Yesterday the National Review summarized the current situation:

“Here is the bottom line: The legal authority for the United States intelligence community to collect foreign intelligence — information that protects Americans from terrorist attacks and that our soldiers in harm’s way rely on to do their duty — will expire at midnight on Friday. And Democrats are perfectly willing to allow that to happen.” (National Review, February 14, 2008)

I want a new Republic, this one is toast!

darkdruid
02-15-2008, 11:27 PM
The FISA court still has authority for the rest of the year so the only thing that was important about this bill is it made Telecommunication business immune to lawsuits, which is why most the democrats did not pass it as quickly as President Bush wanted.

IPSecure
02-15-2008, 11:38 PM
So, the Republicans are blind and just follow bushy off the cliff?

Are there any Republicans other than Ron Paul, who believe in Liberty?

spudea
02-15-2008, 11:42 PM
blatant liars!

Voodoo
02-15-2008, 11:57 PM
Ask Hans Klinger where he was when Lampson was running against Bob Smithers and a write-in Republican. How come Hans wasn't so concerned about Lampson back then?

DealzOnWheelz
02-16-2008, 12:55 AM
I heard paul and 2 other republicans voted against it