PDA

View Full Version : Any other non-NASCAR fans becoming Kenny Wallace fans??

Misesian
02-15-2008, 09:54 PM
I am!! I fell into the category of those who did not care whether or not this sport even existed either.

I just think that the whole plan behind www.RonPaulRacing.com is pretty ingenius. I actually never purchased flight time from the blimp but I just made a small contribution to the Liberty Racing PAC to see this happen.

The site's been updated today too showing what this deal would be worth, and what Kenny Wallace's car will look like exactly. Keep in mind that the graphic is just one part of the deal and it will be visible too: http://www.ronpaulracing.com/whatitsworth.php

There's only 3 people in NASCAR that I know of now. Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jeff Gordon, and now Kenny Wallace!! :) Well make that 4, Mike Bliss will be part of the team too!

newyearsrevolution08
02-15-2008, 11:11 PM
the blimp team profited from that so called "grassroots" effort in the sum of $2k PER PERSON per month. There are so many new things just like the above popping up trying to cash in on the ron paul buzz.

transparency is actually pretty important and ALL of the cash dollar for dollar should be transparent which it is NOT.

A driver needs sponsorship to race right? so of course he would be onboard.

Didn't this guy not qualify for the race he was going to be using this rp car in? and the 500 he already has a sponsored car right? so where is the 100k + $25k monthly going to and what races are actually in the bag as far as worthwhile to do? I can understand a large race like the 500 BUT from what I keep reading the rp car is NOT going to be in that one and the rp car that they need sponsoring for was going to be for another big boy race BUT did not qualify for it so what BIG race is this car even qualified for?

im done funding FOR PROFIT projects just like this, the blimp and of course the big ol ron paul book bomb affiliate scam site. There are more and more of these popping up and no one is calling them on it.

Volunteering is DIFFERENT from Profiteering

Also why do people keep trying to spam this race car driver needing sponsorship in the official thread section anyways. There were a few of these in all sections of this forum and am wondering if this is just a happy spam team trying to toss up stuff about this EVERYWHERE in the hopes that people will look passed the part of them making money on these types of profitable efforts on our dime.

bluto20
02-15-2008, 11:29 PM
not me. i hate nascar and still do :)

DahuiHeeNalu
02-15-2008, 11:31 PM
not me. i hate nascar and still do :)

same here it is fake let them put there on engines in there don't restrict there speed!!!

mikeycapz
02-15-2008, 11:46 PM
Nascar is the shit. Its the only sport that's not a game, its a true sport. This hasn't made me a Kenny Wallace fan but I am a fan of his brother Rusty Wallace.

lucynuts
02-15-2008, 11:53 PM
I'm starting to become a fan of anybody who publicly endorses RP.

virginia4liberty
02-15-2008, 11:54 PM
I've been watching NASCAR since 1989, I've watched it go thru it's ups and downs. I think this is an excellent idea. Kenny Wallace and Mike Bliss drive for owner Amando Fitz, a smart businessman. If we could sponsor Kenny he would get the word out, he is not afraid to speak his mind, he would spread the word of Ron Paul. I've donated and I hope more do also.

Misesian
02-16-2008, 12:27 PM
I've been watching NASCAR since 1989, I've watched it go thru it's ups and downs. I think this is an excellent idea. Kenny Wallace and Mike Bliss drive for owner Amando Fitz, a smart businessman. If we could sponsor Kenny he would get the word out, he is not afraid to speak his mind, he would spread the word of Ron Paul. I've donated and I hope more do also.

Yeah so what is the word regarding the Kenny not having qualified for the nationwide series? Doesn't that mean half of our exposure is GONE? It also seemed as if Kenny was the one who had a better chance at WINNING a race than Mike Bliss too.

trapfive
02-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Yeah so what is the word regarding the Kenny not having qualified for the nationwide series? Doesn't that mean half of our exposure is GONE? It also seemed as if Kenny was the one who had a better chance at WINNING a race than Mike Bliss too.

K. Wallace's car is a new team, a new effort. Due to the qualifiying rules he may start out slow at the beginning of the season, especially Daytona because of the nature of car set up and closeness of competition there. I'm confident that once the series moves to other venues, where driver ability becomes more of a factor, Kenny will do very well.

There's been discussion on this board about the blimp, maybe it was a waste of money. I don't know what these opinions would be based on or even how you could measure the success/failure.

It seems to me the blimp was about the only thing that generated news about the campaign for awhile with some coverage on TV. My question would be, how many people looked into Ron Paul because of the blimp? How many of those people discovered they actually like the good Dr's message because of that interest generated and how many people have gone on to tell others about what they've discovered? Is it possible the blimp had a much bigger effect than it's credited with? I don't know and don't know how you measure that.

thoughtbombing
02-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Nascar is the shit. Its the only sport that's not a game, its a true sport. This hasn't made me a Kenny Wallace fan but I am a fan of his brother Rusty Wallace.

explain... chess is a sport

LibertyEagle
02-16-2008, 01:06 PM
I thought this guy didn't even qualify. So, why are we still talking about this ronpaulracing thing? Just curious?

BTW, what's going to happen with the $ that has already been donated for this thing?

pacelli
02-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Looks like 24,000 so far in donations. Looks like this project is a flop and didn't meet the deadline. Tomorrow's the race. Where's the update on how people get back their cash?

Shink
02-16-2008, 01:08 PM
I have little positive opinion of NASCAR, but when I heard Wallace speak, he sounded like a smart, decent guy. Nothing wrong with him being ambassador for Ron Paul to a demographic I don't belong to.