PDA

View Full Version : Rump Convention happening in Louisiana!

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 07:55 PM
received this email:

I have just received a call from the Ron Paul Regional Coordinator Matt Chancy.

The meeting with the Credential Committee failed though they acknowledged they were at fault.

Matt Chancy is calling for all the Ron Paul Delegates and Alternates to show up in Baton Rouge tomorrow by 10:am.

At the convention to form a RUMP CONVENTION and challenge the State Convention as a legitimate convention.

He said we have to show them we are not backing down and will FIGHT FOR IT even if we have to form a RUMP CONVENTION.

I am making the calls now to inform everyone who was a delegate or alternate to make the trip to

Baton Rouge and to get their by 10:am. We all know this is SHORT NOTICE but it is what we must do to cow

the party into compliance with their own rules. IT'S TIME TO MAKE HISTORY !!!

Call me when you read this email and let me know if you can go with me early in the morning.

I have to report my finding by 10:pm tonight.

Gary 318 -343-2550
cell 318 355-2550

RSLudlum
02-15-2008, 08:00 PM
bump

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 08:03 PM
We will descend upon that convention...
http://www.blackfive.net/photos/uncategorized/95_img_showphp_1.jpg
and take what is rightfully ours...

02-15-2008, 08:05 PM
This is what I'm talking about!

Peaceful protest! Show them that we won't be bullied!

WilliamC
02-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Uhhh....Rump Convention?

never mind.

Just keep fighting.

zadrock
02-15-2008, 08:07 PM
I salute you! Keep up the fight!

Z

Gtex
02-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Good Luck.

Uhhh....Rump Convention?

never mind.

Just keep fighting.

Yes, it's an old term from the 1800s. Look up the 1860 Democratic nomination.

Sey.Naci
Contact the local and state media - assuming you're able to get the RP delegate and alternate delegate numbers to Baton Rouge!

cheese
02-15-2008, 08:10 PM
Declare shenanigans

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2150685598645147382&q=south-park+rabble|rable&total=3&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

woo

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Uhhh....Rump Convention?

never mind.

Just keep fighting.

Yeh, we will have our own convention and challenge the legitamacy of their convention since the delegates that will be attending their convention were qualified after the last day of qualification.
Our convention will be made up of people who followed the rules.
Ultimately the RNC will be forced to rule.

The LAGOP leadership has made it clear that they have no respect for any laws, including their own...

WilliamC
02-15-2008, 08:12 PM
Yes, it's an old term from the 1800s. Look up the 1860 Democratic nomination.

Ahh, that makes me feel better.

I'm willing to do a lot to get Ron Paul elected, but for a moment there...:confused:

Sorry, just being a bit tongue-in-cheek....

Wait, that sounds even worse :eek:

Bern
02-15-2008, 08:12 PM
You guys are awesome. :cool:

Chester Copperpot
02-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Uhhh....Rump Convention?

never mind.

Just keep fighting.

Bring a rump roast and cook it right inside the place!!!

and then put a sign on it that says LA-GOP.. and then carve the fucker up and feed it to all the Ron Paul superheroes.

02-15-2008, 08:13 PM

I'm willing to do a lot to get Ron Paul elected, but for a moment there...:confused:

Quite alright.

Thankfully they decided on the proper term and not something like "Ass Party."

Chester Copperpot
02-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Yeh, we will have our own convention and challenge the legitamacy of their convention since the delegates that will be attending their convention were qualified after the last day of qualification.
Our convention will be made up of people who followed the rules.
Ultimately the RNC will be forced to rule.

The LAGOP leadership has made it clear that they have no respect for any laws, including their own...

Good job dude... Thanks for fighting the fight.

WilliamC
02-15-2008, 08:16 PM
Quite alright.

Sounds like they need to kick butt and take names to me!

In all seriousness, I am very proud of what our guys in LA are willing to do to make their caucus right. They aren't taking the dirty politics as business as usual, they are standing up for the cause.

Thank You!

nullvalu
02-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Hell yeah! Hopefully this gets some press!

nate895
02-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Hey, if McCain is gonna win the big Convention in September, I say we form our own rump convention.

nate895
02-15-2008, 08:31 PM
This is the third result on Google if looking up "rump convention."

WilliamC
02-15-2008, 08:33 PM
This is the third result on Google if looking up "rump convention."

I don't want to know what the first two are!

LEK
02-15-2008, 08:38 PM
The meeting with the Credential Committee failed though they acknowledged they were at fault

So, they are saying too bad?

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 08:50 PM
The meeting with the Credential Committee failed though they acknowledged they were at fault

So, they are saying too bad?

Yeh, basically... they are saying that whole voting process was just an excercise to make people feel good.. and that they were going to pick the winner from the very beginning... and yeh, what are we going to do about it? its a private election, and they get to make up the rules as they go along.

Bryan
02-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Bold and brilliant. Keep us posted...

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 08:55 PM
Bold and brilliant. Keep us posted...

Look who is the top searches for Rump Convention. :)
History being recorded, live as it happens.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3A*&q=rump+convention

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Another email with more details:

Just got home from the credentials hearing, I was one of the challengers.
The RP campaign hired Adams and Reese as counsel and they did a great job.
We did not win in the hearing though we had the sympathy of some of the
members and had some very nervous we may continue the challenge.

The end result for Ron Paul is this. He has HQ staff in Baton Rouge for the
State Convention tomorrow. They want everyone who was either a delegate
candidate or an alternate candidate who can possibly be in Baton Rouge by
10am tomorrow to show up. There is a procedure called a RUMP convention
which may come into play. The last one was in So. Carolina in 1988. We
will introduce various motions and they'll be voted down. After a certain
series of motions we would all get up and walk out of the convention. We
would state that the party broke it's own rules and thus is vacated. We
would then hold our own convention, elect all our delegates and submit them
to the RNC as the properly elected delegates.

We probably wouldn't hold a RUMP convention. When we all get up and leave
stating that is our decision, staffers from RP HQ would approach lagop
leadership and offer to stop the process if we are given X number of
delegate slots to the RNC. It is very possible this could work. They do
not want any press coverage over the mistakes and/or deliberate
disenchanfrisment of voters and delegates for RP. It is considered a huge
black eye at the RNC to have had a RUMP convention held in your state and we
have several valid points which we may even have a chance at the RNC.

So who can make it tomorrow? If you're going to get fired for not showing
up to work don't do that, but we need as many of us at the Old State Capital
as possible to make a huge impression when we all get up and walk out of the
convention. HQ staff believe it will get us some delegates to the RNC which
is the goal after all.

You have to have been a delegate or alternate delegate to count, hopefully
we can have 75-100 show up out of all.

OLD STATE CAPITAL before 10am, PLEASE REPLY ASAP AS PLANS ARE BEING MADE.

John K. Roberts III
President
C & V Enterprises, Inc.
453 Fairfield Avenue
Gretna, Louisiana 70056
Bringing YOU Convenience & Value at
Shell, Chevron & Texaco locations

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 09:03 PM
another email:

Andrew called me a few minutes ago to tell me this:

The lawsuit over the Caucus delegates is about to get very very heated tomorrow. When we filed and spoke to the correct committee about the voter fraud at the Caucus,in a somewhat nice way, they pretty much said screw ya'll we don't care what ya'll say or what you think we have our own agenda. This is total BS!!! They are trying to wipe us under the rug and not let our voices be heard! They think they can push us around as if we will not push back. Let me tell you that we are ready to push back in full force and make sure we are heard!!! We told them that either they give us 10-15 delegates to go to the National Convention or we will take them to court! They have broken so many party rules that its getting close to Bush's war crimes tally. We saw them ripping up votes in the Caucus, they pushed deadlines back illegally, and countless others. We would rip them a new one if we brought them to court. Now the funny part. This is how we bend the LA GOP bigwigs over and make them do what we want lol. If we take them to court we would be taking the whole LA GOP delegate slate to court. It is stated in National party Rules that ANY delegate that is involved in a lawsuit over voting can NOT be on any national Committee. Do you know what that means? It means all the big LA GOP's would not be able to carry out a substantial amount of their agenda. We would strip them of their power and bring them to their knees! Also it says if they do not listen to us and won't let our voices be heard then under National party Rules we can hold our own State Convention and vote our own delegates!!! The time is NOW to ROCK the establishment!!! We need as many people as possible to attend this convention! It is open to the public so anyone can come. Please bring anyone and everyone you know. The news will most probably will be there and we must show that we mean business!!! The time is NOW! We must act NOW! This is the last time we can be heard publicly for our cause that we have been fighting for these past few months. This is not in anyway just about Ron Paul. He was our goal, but the real reason we have been fighting is because of the idea of FREEDOM! Our PRIVACY! To END the WAR! We must show them that the way our country is heading is not acceptable to us and most of America. I ask you tonight my brothers and sisters to JOIN ME tomorrow in the rEVOLution, that we have started, to voice our cause and stand up for what we believe in. This could be a very heated convention so be ready with your game faces on to ROCK THIS CONVENTION!!!!!!!!

nullvalu
02-15-2008, 09:06 PM
God I wish I could be there. Give them hell!

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 09:10 PM
God I wish I could be there. Give them hell!

http://rocksnsucks.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/hell.jpg
Follow sign to state convention.

Sandra
02-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Torchbearer! We need to get the pissed off PLPF undecided delegates to RUMP with us at the convention too!

rpfreedom08
02-15-2008, 09:17 PM
ALL should know that anyone from Louisiana that supports Ron Paul should go tomorrow. I didn't know about this till just now and read an email that confirmed that this is happening and ANYONE and EVERYONE that supports Ron Paul in Louisiana should go!

Sandra
02-15-2008, 09:18 PM
This is history being made!!!!

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Torchbearer! We need to get the pissed off PLPF undecided delegates to RUMP with us at the convention too!

From all the reports I've been hearing,.... we may have sympathizers... but it will be hard to get them to give up "their place at the table" with the forces that are taking us to slavery: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958
all delegates should watch the above G. Edward Griffon seminar tonight before bed, it will help them focus on what we must do...

kirkblitz
02-15-2008, 09:25 PM
hey torch when we can expect updates tomorrow about it? Will it be streamed live like the WV convention>?

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 09:32 PM
hey torch when we can expect updates tomorrow about it? Will it be streamed live like the WV convention>?

These people are doing some very unethical.. bad things... do you think they'd want to broadcast it?
They've been hush-hush about this process the whole time... we were lucky to find out anything about the caucus ahead of time.
Think of the most crooked politician you know, multiply by 10,000 and that's the turds we are dealing with here....

Question is.. can we get the media there on short notice.?

Sandra
02-15-2008, 09:32 PM
Brent, we're going to to have the same problem with a few of our own. :(

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Brent, we're going to to have the same problem with a few of our own. :(

then they will earn their new title of traitor.

nate895
02-15-2008, 09:34 PM
These people are doing some very unethical.. bad things... do you think they'd want to broadcast it?
They've been hush-hush about this process the whole time... we were lucky to find out anything about the caucus ahead of time.
Think of the most crooked politician you know, multiply by 10,000 and that's the turds we are dealing with here....

If the media covers anything like this, I will be flabbergasted and possibly go in my pants.

FreeTraveler
02-15-2008, 09:34 PM

Just a thought, call the most liberal reporters you know. They'll be the most interested in reporting corruption in the Republican party. In this one case, the enemy of your enemy is indeed your friend. ;)

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Just a thought, call the most liberal reporters you know. They'll be the most interested in reporting corruption in the Republican party. In this one case, the enemy of your enemy is indeed your friend. ;)

I'll bring my digital camera, and put together my own press release w/photos of the walk-out....
Send it to all the Louisiana media.
Just need to know who to address it to..

Signzit
02-15-2008, 09:38 PM
what about 40 personal video cameras???

Is there some Party rule against Party Members documenting the process?

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 09:38 PM
it will be hard to get them to give up "their place at the table" with the forces that are taking us to slavery: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958
all delegates should watch the above G. Edward Griffon seminar tonight before bed, it will help them focus on what we must do...

^^^:cool:

Richie
02-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Remember one thing as you're going through with this - YouTube it, or it didn't happen. ;)

bg1654
02-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Our delegates will blot out the sun!

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 09:44 PM

http://defactobg.com/images/articles/300_movie.jpg

rpfreedom08
02-15-2008, 09:46 PM
I hope... I'm trying to get a count in district 7 who all is going. This is so last minute.

kirkblitz
02-15-2008, 09:52 PM
ahh i just cant wait to see how it turns out, i didnt even think the campaign had hired any lawyers for it. Glad to see i was wrong :)

nate895
02-15-2008, 09:53 PM
I have one question: Can we do the same thing in St. Paul in September?

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 09:57 PM
I have one question: Can we do the same thing in St. Paul in September?

You could, but it works best when there is a committee above that convention you could appeal to...
we would basically be saying when we walk out is that their convention is phony, so we will have the real convention elsewhere... and then make the RNC decide who has the legit delegates.
We have a strong case for saying their delegates are illegal because they signed up after the last day of qualifying.

Now, if they give us some national delegates, we will play nice... because they know we won this caucus...

And what doesn't make sense... its not like we are close in the hunt with delegates... if McCain has sinched the election, what are they afraid of?

nate895
02-15-2008, 10:01 PM
You could, but it works best when there is a committee above that convention you could appeal to...
we would basically be saying when we walk out is that their convention is phony, so we will have the real convention elsewhere... and then make the RNC decide who has the legit delegates.
We have a strong case for saying their delegates are illegal because they signed up after the last day of qualifying.

Now, if they give us some national delegates, we will play nice... because they know we won this caucus...

And what doesn't make sense... its not like we are close in the hunt with delegates... if McCain has sinched the election, what are they afraid of?

They are afraid we actually know how the nominee is really selected.

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 10:10 PM
They are afraid we actually know how the nominee is really selected.

We can plan ahead in other hotly contested states... if those state gop didn't follow the rules then we could have many rump conventions and send a swarm of our own national delegates to St.Paul.

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 10:15 PM
latest email:

The complaint which was signed by Andrew Axsom, Michele Gaudin and myself was;

1. They did not properly announce the call for the convention and the deadline dates for registering Republican
2. The deadline date for caucus participation wasn't announced until 12/19/07 with a deadline of 11/30/07 - ridiculous
3. The deadline date to qualify as a delegate was inexplicably extented from 01/10/08 to 01/12/08 by the lagop chairman

We asked for relief by not throwing out the whole deal, which we pointed out we could have, but simply to disqualify all delegate candidates who qualified after 01/10/08 - DENIED

I'm sure someone will have a copy of the whole pleading tomorrow morning, it was extremely professional and well done by Adams and Reese, the campaign spent big bucks on this.

nate895
02-15-2008, 10:16 PM
We can plan ahead in other hotly contested states... if those state gop didn't follow the rules then we could have many rump conventions and send a swarm of our own national delegates to St.Paul.

Sounds like fun. In Washington, we kind of went around the PL/PF thing by just not marking our Presidential Preference in places we had little support.

It was funny because if the caucus had started half an hour early, we'd have won with nearly 100% of the vote.

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 10:24 PM
//

mcvac
02-15-2008, 10:29 PM
Torchbearer...This former Chalmette lady is telling you to get off the computer and get your rest...You have alot of work to do tomorrow...Make us proud!!

kirkblitz
02-15-2008, 10:31 PM
blog live from the convention if you can :D

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Torchbearer...This former Chalmette lady is telling you to get off the computer and get your rest...You have alot of work to do tomorrow...Make us proud!!

Roger that, its just hard to sleep with so much going on... we will be making history tomorrow.

coffeewithchess
02-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Use this video if you can...it is Mike Huckabee making fun of when LSU lost to Arkansas...if people will vote for a candidate based on religion, I'm sure somebody would vote or NOT vote for them based on sports...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32fvpI8BuzU

Mark
02-15-2008, 11:01 PM
PaulPrayer.com's got your back on the spiritual tip (http://PaulPrayer.com/)

http://paulprayer.com/images/pha.gif (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/)

Pray For Ron Paul Supporters In Louisiana Battling LAGOP Dirty Tricks

Paul Prayer is a "Power Prayer" site
(for those who pray and send positive thoughts in their own individual way)
for Presidential Candidate Rep. Dr. Ron Paul

"In this situation of this Assembly, groping as it were in the dark to find political truth, and scarce able to distinguish it when presented to us,
how has it happened, Sir, that we have not hitherto once thought of humbly applying to the Father of lights to illuminate our understandings?
In the beginning of the Contest with Great Britain, when we were sensible of danger we had daily prayer in this room for the divine protection.
Our prayers, Sir, were heard, and they were graciously answered.
All of us who were engaged in the struggle must have observed frequent instances of a superintending providence in our favor.
To that kind providence we owe this happy opportunity of consulting in peace on the means of establishing our future national felicity.
And have we now forgotten that powerful friend?
Or do we imagine that we no longer need his assistance?"
http://paulprayer.com/images/shs.jpg (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/)

RlxdN10sity
02-15-2008, 11:03 PM
We must re-capture control of the ship....Go Ron Paul!

RollOn2day
02-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Roger that, its just hard to sleep with so much going on... we will be making history tomorrow.

I don't think you'll be sleeping much tonight! This is really big!! I might ride over from the MS Coast to support the cause.

WAY TO GO LA RON PAUL SUPPORTERS !!! Your making us proud!

Sandra
02-15-2008, 11:13 PM
I can't sleep!!!!!!!!!!

mikeycapz
02-15-2008, 11:15 PM
bump

The Lantern
02-15-2008, 11:37 PM

Why don't you guys bring in video equipment and record everything for posterity.

kirkblitz
02-15-2008, 11:51 PM
bumpage, and good luck :D

tpreitzel
02-15-2008, 11:57 PM
Politics is a dirty business. I just returned from a GOP fund raiser and I met many of the major players in politics in my state. Many of them in positions of power need to be removed, but it won't happen over night. Good luck in performing an end run around the powerful. It's time to enforce a little humility in these people. ;)

morlhzd
02-15-2008, 11:59 PM
This is so exciting. I'm glad I live in the state I do though - RP is going to sweep our state convention (and no one is even gona know)... (unbound delegates are the best type).

Good luck tomorrow - I'm sure all eyes will be on LA.

libertythor
02-16-2008, 12:03 AM
LOL I am cracking up over the term "Rump Convention", but after researching it..it seems like a great idea.

Best of luck!

Opulen
02-16-2008, 12:04 AM
bump baby!!

JimInNY
02-16-2008, 12:18 AM
Uhhh....Rump Convention?

never mind.

Just keep fighting.

LMFAO!

BoBoDuFlachi
02-16-2008, 12:19 AM
be sure to film it.

NeoRayden
02-16-2008, 12:23 AM
bump the rump...

madRazor
02-16-2008, 12:36 AM
rumped

NeoRayden
02-16-2008, 12:39 AM
DIGG IT:

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_to_Rump_LAGOP_Convention

kill the banks
02-16-2008, 01:02 AM
rump for you late nighters

good luck torch

kill the banks

burningfur
02-16-2008, 01:09 AM
Fire all barrels boys.

"Let's roll." GW BUSH

PauliticsPolitics
02-16-2008, 02:06 AM
DO IT.

Perhaps call some media ahead of time?

Torchbearer Sanders is the man.
help him get elected! - - - http://www.joinsanders.com/

I want to call you Colonel Sanders for leading the Louisiana Revolution...
too bad it's already taken by KFC...
but i guess you are frying them gop chickens!

billyjoeallen
02-16-2008, 02:15 AM
rump bump

Mark
02-16-2008, 05:27 AM
rump shaker upper

Sarge
02-16-2008, 07:04 AM
Torch and all good luck today.

Stack the place. Get their early or they will likely try and shut you out.

I hope someone is notifying the local press. These people need to be exposed for what they are trying to pull.

I hope other delegates, that are mad at the McCain stunt, will back you all up.

Go get our delegates we won.

torchbearer
02-16-2008, 07:08 AM
got my monkey suit on.. heading to the Red Stick for some Rump.

02-16-2008, 07:09 AM
Kick ass, Brent. Let us know how it goes.

nodope0695
02-16-2008, 07:17 AM
What's a "Rump Convention"? Would that be like Gay Day at Disney world?

jenninlouisiana
02-16-2008, 07:22 AM
See post below

CJLauderdale4
02-16-2008, 07:37 AM
Home is where your rump rests!

- Pumba, Lion Kinng

jenninlouisiana
02-16-2008, 07:55 AM
In the end, if the rump convention works or if the campaign can use it as leverage to get 10 national delegates, we're aren't kicking these people out of office. Ron Paul still isn't President. We aren't taking over LaGOP. THEY will still be in power in Louisiana.

But this is an important stand, obviously, because the new governor is working on ethics reform and even though the GOP is a *private* organization, I think the campaign can work the angle of ethics reform within the GOP.

But as I said: these people will still be in power in Louisiana when this is all done. Independents don't get elected here: Republicans supported by the GOP get elected. The Rump Convention COULD make it harder for "the evolution of the revolution" to happen.

We all had dinner together last night and with Matt Chancey and Dimitrius. They understand this, and they understand that when all is said and done, they will fly home and we will be left to work WITH the GOP.

We can't be blind to these facts when even the National Campaign sees this; the lawyers even brought it up yesterday after the meeting.

That's what I mean when I say it may LOOK like some of us aren't on board, when it is more like a "craps" game with a few things going on at one time. We have to leave some people behind to work with the GOP. If people here don't like that, then that's too bad. If people here start calling other RP people "traitors" because of it, then that's too bad as well.

The Campaign never intended for the Rump Convention to DIVIDE Ron Paul supporters--- there's just several issues going on at the same time.

And, BTW, the rump convention isn't guaranteed to happen today according to the national campaign. Several factors have to come together for the call to be made for it. In fact, the campaign's ULTIMATE goal is to AVERT a rump convention through dialogue and concessions.

LEK
02-16-2008, 08:04 AM
Politics is a dirty business. I just returned from a GOP fund raiser and I met many of the major players in politics in my state. Many of them in positions of power need to be removed, but it won't happen over night. Good luck in performing an end run around the powerful. It's time to enforce a little humility in these people. ;)

EXACTLY!

And these players are so not used to the common man knowing what goes on behing closed doors. We can thank Ron Paul and this movement for stirring up the desires of good people to get involved and demand honesty and integrity in this very polluted political system.

Thank you guys!

That day when you sent me out so boldly to change the world, did you really think there wouldn't be a cost?

nc4rp
02-16-2008, 09:47 AM
Go Louisiana!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is happening as i write this!

pacelli
02-16-2008, 09:49 AM
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3374/rumpgc5.jpg

shrugged0106
02-16-2008, 10:06 AM
rump....any news on this potentially exciting possibility yet?

shrugged0106
02-16-2008, 10:20 AM
//

Henry
02-16-2008, 10:29 AM
Rumpdarumdarump.

grizzums
02-16-2008, 10:35 AM

Boy, that picture sure looks like a familiar memory in my personal history...

mountaineer
02-16-2008, 10:46 AM
::itching for an update::

off topic:
my state has had its convention. what else can i do?

freelance
02-16-2008, 10:49 AM
WOW! Way to go. Best of luck to you all.

Spirit of '76
02-16-2008, 10:55 AM
off topic:
my state has had its convention. what else can i do?

Greetings from a fellow Mountaineer!

It's not over for us yet. We still have the May primary coming up, which will decide 9 of our delegates to the national convention, 3 from each congressional district.

Keep campaigning for Ron! If you haven't already, be sure to sign up for the Precinct Captain program. The link is in my sig.

Stay tuned to the meetups for updates and further guidance.

thoughtbombing
02-16-2008, 10:59 AM

+1776!!!

shrugged0106
02-16-2008, 11:04 AM
//: begging for updates! any idea what time the deed would go down (assuming it gets that far)? Any take on how the attendance ended up thus far too?

ConstitutionGal
02-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Rump Bump for news....

SteveMartin
02-16-2008, 11:20 AM
I think we need a rump national convention as well, based on the media malfeasance in the current electoral cylce, vote fraud, polling fraud, etc., etc.

We all know that when people hear RP's message the majority of them are drawn to it and wind up supporting it. Only party hacks seem not to for the message, because they are the ones who will be replaced.

That having been said it is my opinion that this election cycle has been thoroughly tainted by the MSM, and--we need Congressional hearings and a rump national convention.

To do so, we will need this petition to get at least 20-30,000 signatures as one bullet in the chamber of any such effort--preferably 100,000 sigantures (currently at app. 6550 signatures right now):

"A Petition for Fair and Equal Treatment in the Media of Dr. Ron Paul's Presidential Election Campaign":

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/487443841

Sarge
02-16-2008, 11:25 AM
It started at 10am. I hope they were able to get all our people there in time.

Depending on how hot and heavy it goes, it could still be awhile before we hear anything.

I sure would like to be there hearing this one taking place.

It would be nice to see some of the other delegates jump on our side and try to end the corruption.

tamor
02-16-2008, 11:47 AM
perfect example of working within the system to change the system -- viva revolution

zadrock
02-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Rump

Did we win yet?

Z

Carole
02-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Well, anyone who monitors this forum will know, including the enemy. :eek:

Be careful of over confidence. Good luck everyone. :)

LibertyEagle
02-16-2008, 12:29 PM
bump

tommyzDad
02-16-2008, 12:37 PM

LOL. Yes! And make them hide in the shade!

pinkmandy
02-16-2008, 12:40 PM

They hates us. Gollum.

MozoVote
02-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Here in Mecklenburg County, NC - we just had the public spectacle of the Democrats not following their own precinct organization rules in a sherrif's election. It was a very embarrasing slap to the local party, that the state party de-credentialed this election! It caused the Dem party chair in Mecklenburg to resign. Now they will need to re-organize the precincts with state party approval.

This kind of stuff does get press, and makes crony local politicians look very corrupt.

MrZach
02-16-2008, 12:53 PM
post deleted

bulloncoins
02-16-2008, 01:30 PM
bump. Waiting on results post.......

Rede
02-16-2008, 01:42 PM
bump. Waiting on results post.......

Hoping to hear of good turnout...

jenninlouisiana
02-16-2008, 01:53 PM
Nothing happened. Only about 30 RP people showed up-- no Kodak moment. I have to go back now... reconvening.

link88
02-16-2008, 01:53 PM
come on baby!

pinkmandy
02-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Nothing happened. Only about 30 RP people showed up-- no Kodak moment. I have to go back now... reconvening.

So we don't get our delegates? :confused:

Bubba
02-16-2008, 01:58 PM

LOL

Bubba
02-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Quite alright.

k, now I'm crying' :D

Rede
02-16-2008, 02:07 PM

Disappointed, but not surprised. :(

Bubba
02-16-2008, 02:10 PM

"We need more Sunshine." ~ John McCain, 2008 :cool:

torchbearer
02-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Ok, they voted down all our motions (as expected). The delegates that voted on the motions were the same people we were saying were illegal, so obviously they voted it down.
But it is on record in the minutes, and that is what we wanted to achieve today.
They admitted, on record to sending their convention call to only committee people back in september.
they admitted that the chairman changed the date of qualifying when that was something that was suppose to be done by the central committee as a whole.
they didn't even respond to the fact their voter list ended nov 1st, and they didn't open up the provisionals... (they said our time was up and moved on after trying to fight us from speaking to begin with)
we did get a big round of applause at one point... but none of the other delegates were brave enough to buck the system that feeds them.

What we achieved- getting on the record so when we go before the RNC, we will have our ducks in a row.

Turnout was low, but that happens when you make a call for people to show up the night before at around 8pm...

I have already left the convention because the McCain love fest was making me sick to my stomach, and the blatant.. eff-off from the LAGOP was causing me health problems. (hypertension)

This only affirms what we must do... counter-coup.
These people don't follow the rules, they make them up. With that kind of system in place we will never get any of our people elected.
So Jenn is wrong in her assessment that we need to get on our knees before these people to have a chance in our elections this year. There are prominent republicans that were not represented by those people today. They didn't bother to show up because they already knew the dice were loaded.

I am pissed, but super-motivated now to get this fundraiser kicked off the ground march 2nd, http://www.moneybomb1.com

...And show that the remnant isn't going away...
We are going to show them that we are a tireless, irate minority hell-bent of setting brushfires in the minds of our fellow americans.

pinkmandy
02-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Ok, they voted down all our motions (as expected). The delegates that voted on the motions were the same people we were saying were illegal, so obviously they voted it down.
But it is on record in the minutes, and that is what we wanted to achieve today.
They admitted, on record to sending their convention call to only committee people back in september.
they admitted that the chairman changed the date of qualifying when that was something that was suppose to be down by the central committee as a whole.
they didn't even respond to the fact their voter list ended nov 1st, and they didn't open up the provisionals... (they said our time was up and moved on after trying to fight us from speaking to begin with)
we did get a big round of applause at one point... but none of the other delegates were brave enough to buck the system that feeds them.

What we achieved- getting on the record so when we go before the RNC, we will have our ducks in a row.

Turnout was low, but that happens when you make a call for people to show up the night before at around 8pm...

I have already left the convention because the McCain love fest was making me sick to my stomach, and the blatant.. eff-off from the LAGOP was causing me health problems. (hypertension)

These people don't follow the rules, they make them up. With that kind of system in place we will never get any of our people elected.
So Jenn is wrong in her assessment that we need to get on our knees before these people to have a chance in our elections this year. There are prominent republicans that were not represented by those people today. They didn't bother to show up because they already knew the dice were loaded.

I am pissed, but super-motivated now to get this fundraiser kicked off the ground march 2nd, http://www.moneybomb1.com

And show that the remnant is going away...
We are going to show them that we are a tireless, irate minority hell-bent of setting brushfires in the minds of our fellow americans.

Go LA!!!! Thank you for your service. Let's go people! I'm so ready for this march I can hardly stand it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb4HW3I82lg
Remember what we are fighting for!

kirkblitz
02-16-2008, 02:17 PM
ok so what does that mean torch? when will yall go to the RNC and get us delegates?

torchbearer
02-16-2008, 02:24 PM
ok so what does that mean torch? when will yall go to the RNC and get us delegates?

Matt Chancey, our regional guy from HQ said that decision will be made from the guys above him.
We did what they needed us to do so if they are going to pull the trigger, we have everything done the right way.
And our opponent did everything the wrong way.

They didn't offer us national delegates, so the next step would be to enact the RNC rules that state such actions by a state gop(the changing of rules the incorrect way after the call was made) results in the state losing 90% of its delegates.

kirkblitz
02-16-2008, 02:29 PM
so yall will force them to lose 90% of their delegates, what about disqualifying the other ones to get RP people in?

torchbearer
02-16-2008, 02:32 PM
so yall will force them to lose 90% of their delegates, what about disqualifying the other ones to get RP people in?

Don't know if we can... they obviosuly can't stand Ron Paul.... can't stand him to the degree they'd rather loose 90% of their delegates than give him any...
So we will give them what they want....

pinkmandy
02-16-2008, 02:32 PM
So either way they win? RP doesn't get the delegates? They are saying either THEY get them via cheating or nobody does? Playing by the rules you you still get cheated?

torchbearer
02-16-2008, 02:38 PM
So either way they win? RP doesn't get the delegates? They are saying either THEY get them via cheating or nobody does? Playing by the rules you you still get cheated?

That is correct, and that doesn't change until we become the state central committees of every state GOP.
That is why this seminar is so important: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958

it shows what we must do to "recapture control of the ship".

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Matt Chancey, our regional guy from HQ said that decision will be made from the guys above him.
We did what they needed us to do so if they are going to pull the trigger, we have everything done the right way.
And our opponent did everything the wrong way.

They didn't offer us national delegates, so the next step would be to enact the RNC rules that state such actions by a state gop(the changing of rules the incorrect way after the call was made) results in the state losing 90% of its delegates.

Good work. Thanks.

kirkblitz
02-16-2008, 02:47 PM
well damn i thought we'd get some delegates out of this, well screw the LA GOP :(

so did yall have the rump convention? Any pics?

edit: also what happened to those delegates after the deadline being extended? I thought they were illegal under the RNC, should they automaticlly be excluded from being able to even be electable at the state convention?

torchbearer
02-16-2008, 02:54 PM
well damn i thought we'd get some delegates out of this, well screw the LA GOP :(

so did yall have the rump convention? Any pics?

edit: also what happened to those delegates after the deadline being extended? I thought they were illegal under the RNC, should they automaticlly be excluded from being able to even be electable at the state convention?

Well, they were the people who voted on if they were legit, so obviously they weren't going to vote against themselves.
This was another thing we brought up... the credentials committee was made up of people who we were saying didn't have credentials.... guess how they voted?

kirkblitz
02-16-2008, 02:59 PM
but cant the RNC disqualify them? If they really are suppose to be there how can they vote for themselves like that? It would seem to me the whole convention would be a joke and the RNC would go in and take control?

torchbearer
02-16-2008, 03:02 PM
but cant the RNC disqualify them? If they really are suppose to be there how can they vote for themselves like that? It would seem to me the whole convention would be a joke and the RNC would go in and take control?

That is what we are hoping on... but the case that will go to the RNC was being held until we got through with the convention.
We offered the LAGOP a way out... they decided not to take it.
Either the state GOP knows the RNC is as crocked as they are... or they don't care if they lose 90% of their delegates... just as long on Ron Paul gets none.

Now, most the republicans in that room were just tools in the toolbox, but the guys/gals up front are the pirates I am talking about... they must be replaced if we are to have success in the party.

Henry
02-16-2008, 03:02 PM
Torch,

This story (saga) can find a home with Bill Moyers and Judge Napolitono. Especially with the later, since it has legal ramifications. Think about contacting them!!

Thanks for all your hard work.

kirkblitz
02-16-2008, 03:05 PM
When will yall go to the RNC? im so impatient, i just want it resolved lol

so just to confirm you will not have to go through the courts right?

torchbearer
02-16-2008, 03:08 PM
When will yall go to the RNC? im so impatient, i just want it resolved lol

so just to confirm you will not have to go through the courts right?

I've heard there is a class-action suit coming out of monroe louisiana on the voting fraud stuff in civil court.
But i don't have much info on that yet...

kirkblitz
02-16-2008, 03:10 PM
is that a seperate issue though? Will that get those delegates dis qualified? :D

torchbearer
02-16-2008, 03:13 PM
is that a seperate issue though? Will that get those delegates dis qualified? :D

seperate issue, and would result in monetary awards if they plaintiffs have a good case.
how much is your vote worth?

kirkblitz
02-16-2008, 03:14 PM
damn i was hoping we would get deleagetes out of this, so there is 0 chance correct?

I would say my vote is worth 4 million, i would mind seeing the LA GOP paying out a crap load of money lol

jlaker
02-16-2008, 03:15 PM
This is the biggest bunch of B.S I have every seen. I can not believe they can get away with this. It is so obvious they are cheaters!

torchbearer
02-16-2008, 03:18 PM
damn i was hoping we would get deleagetes out of this, so there is 0 chance correct?

I would say my vote is worth 4 million, i would mind seeing the LA GOP paying out a crap load of money lol

i don't know if there is a chance to get national delegates out of louisiana at this point, but if i were a betting man, i'd bet we get 0 after seeing the fiasco of the last couple months.

Soccrmastr
02-16-2008, 03:20 PM
oh man... this is getting interesting

torchbearer
02-16-2008, 03:23 PM
This is the biggest bunch of B.S I have every seen. I can not believe they can get away with this. It is so obvious they are cheaters!

If the GOP leadership has zero respect for their own laws, how much respect do you think they have for our constitution?
Our country is in serious trouble... it almost seems like the election is a farce.
A handful of people pick out the cfr members they want, and run them in "opposing" parties so it appears people really have a choice.
At some point, we too were like the masses and believed our cable news reality to some degree.
It sucks to know what is going on... and when you try to tell the average joe, they get a glazed look in their eye... and will most likely think you insane since everything you are saying goes against everything they've seen on cable news (which shapes their reality)

torchbearer
02-16-2008, 03:34 PM
they admitted that the chairman changed the date of qualifying when that was something that was suppose to be done by the central committee as a whole.

:cool:

kirkblitz
02-16-2008, 03:38 PM
if we cant have them then they cant have them, thats fine with me.

burningfur
02-16-2008, 03:39 PM
The Establishment hates us. It is a fact.

shrugged0106
02-16-2008, 03:49 PM
Couldnt there have been a rump convention started even with just the 30 RP people? I guess I'm a little confused, but the message it sends would be the same, wouldnt it?

torchbearer
02-16-2008, 03:53 PM
Couldnt there have been a rump convention started even with just the 30 RP people? I guess I'm a little confused, but the message it sends would be the same, wouldnt it?

We had a meeting with Matt Chancey the regional director from HQ before entering the convention.
He said the effectiveness of 30 people would be nil in a rump convention, he said you need a bigger number so the impact felt is that a good chunck of the convention is gone.
200 people leaving a convention of 500 is a lot different than 30 people leaving which is about the same as people going to the bathroom.
So, Matt Chancey decided we were going to go for getting them on the record at convention with our grievances, and he told us, when asked about our chances at the RNC, that the committee that would review such a thing at the RNC level does have people in our camp... or at least were in a good working relationship with people in our camp.
So we took his advice. for better or worse.

shrugged0106
02-16-2008, 04:08 PM
We had a meeting with Matt Chancey the regional director from HQ before entering the convention.
He said the effectiveness of 30 people would be nil in a rump convention, he said you need a bigger number so the impact felt is that a good chunck of the convention is gone.
200 people leaving a convention of 500 is a lot different than 30 people leaving which is about the same as people going to the bathroom.
So, Matt Chancey decided we were going to go for getting them on the record at convention with our grievances, and he told us, when asked about our chances at the RNC, that the committee that would review such a thing at the RNC level does have people in our camp... or at least were in a good working relationship with people in our camp.
So we took his advice. for better or worse.

bummer. I still think that any "protest" style action like a Rump convention, would have forced the GOP to take reviewing the situation n detail much more seriously.

lucius
02-16-2008, 04:11 PM
If the GOP leadership has zero respect for their own laws, how much respect do you think they have for our constitution?
Our country is in serious trouble... it almost seems like the election is a farce.
A handful of people pick out the cfr members they want, and run them in "opposing" parties so it appears people really have a choice.
At some point, we too were like the masses and believed our cable news reality to some degree.
It sucks to know what is going on... and when you try to tell the average joe, they get a glazed look in their eye... and will most likely think you insane since everything you are saying goes against everything they've seen on cable news (which shapes their reality)

Exceptional post--a bitter epiphany would be an understatement. I am thankful for your presence and all your hard work!

Join The Paul Side
02-16-2008, 04:39 PM
The Establishment hates us. It is a fact.

It's a shame that they hate us. They can't win without us. And we won't vote for their nominee. Perhaps that's why they hate us. :rolleyes:

ziggrl
02-16-2008, 04:57 PM
I thought I had LOTS of bad luck, but RP has more than I ever dreamed. . .

pepperpete1
02-16-2008, 05:12 PM
It's a shame that they hate us. They can't win without us. And we won't vote for their nominee. Perhaps that's why they hate us. :rolleyes:

Hellsingfan has posted a thread "Michigan and LA delegates to McCain"

Look at the story?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080216/...ican_delegates

nate895
02-16-2008, 05:16 PM
Hellsingfan has posted a thread "Michigan and LA delegates to McCain"

Look at the story?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080216/...ican_delegates

The Louisiana delegates aren't gonna be there anyway.

pacelli
02-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Louisiana GOP seems to have a history of RP hatred. What a pathetic, corrupt group of individuals.

As reported in Ballot Access News, "It appears that Ron Paul supporters outnumbered the supporters of any of his opponents. But since this was predicted, the supporters of Rudy Giuliani, Mike Huckabee, John McCain, and Mitt Romney, cooperated to set up a "fusion" slate of unpledged candidates for Delegate. The "fusion" slate, labeled the "Pro-Life/Pro-Family" slate, beat the Ron Paul slate in each of the 7 U.S. House districts. Formally, the "fusion" slate billed itself as an "uncommitted" slate, and no one really knows how many supporters of each presidential candidate are on the fusion slate, except the campaigns themselves."

According to the Louisiana GOP, preliminary results indicate that an "uncommitted 'Pro-Life/Pro-Family' slate appears to have won a majority of delegates in all seven congressional districts."

This unprecedented uniting of GOP candidates to stop Ron Paul clearly shows that the GOP agenda is apparently to stop Ron Paul at all costs.

Provisional ballots remain to be verified.

UPDATE: Ron Paul Campaign Press Release

January 24, 2008 4:12 pm EST
Ron Paul Campaign to Louisiana GOP: Count All the Votes

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – Today, the Ron Paul presidential campaign calls on the Republican Party of Louisiana to count all the ballots submitted in the state’s January 22 caucus.

"The failure of the Louisiana GOP to properly determine who was and wasn’t eligible to vote threw this entire process into disarray," said Ron Paul campaign manager Lew Moore. "The party needs to correct this mistake by counting all the votes immediately, and releasing the results."

Due to mistakes by the Louisiana GOP, hundreds of voters were forced to file provisional ballots, including nearly 500 that could change the outcome of the election. According to party officials, caucus locations relied on a voter list from November 1, 2007 despite the fact that under caucus rules, voters must have registered Republican by November 30, 2007. The Louisiana Secretary of State reports that 2,709 Louisiana residents registered as Republican between November 1, 2007 and November 30, 2007.

In multiple instances, state-certified Ron Paul delegates that were on the ballot were forced to file a provisional ballot despite the fact they were pre-approved as delegates.

The Louisiana State GOP also changed the rules at the last minute to allow other candidates to file more delegates. At the time of the original January 10 deadline, Ron Paul had the largest number of delegates pledged to him. The party then changed the rules to give other candidates until January 12 to file more delegates.

###

UPDATE: Ron Paul Campaign Press Release

January 26, 2008 11:49 am EST

Ron Paul Campaign Files Caucus Challenge with Louisiana GOP

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – Yesterday, the Ron Paul presidential campaign filed a letter with the Louisiana Republican Party to contest the credentials of delegates to the state convention... more

"Under state party rules, campaigns have 72 hours from the end of the caucus to file such a contest. This contest was filed in response to multiple problems with the caucus process."

###

Meanwhile, the Louisiana GOP website provides the following disclaimer:

"Identification of candidates with the various slates is not an official Party function and such analysis is provided solely as a courtesy to members of the press and as a response to the numerous inquiries received by the Party regarding this topic."

http://www.nolanchart.com/article1382.html

Malum Prohibitum
02-16-2008, 05:23 PM
The phrase "rump convention" is giving me a mental visual resembling some certain rap videos...

ShowMeLiberty
02-16-2008, 05:36 PM

QFT

The 30 RP delegates who were able to show up at the convention today are heroes in my book. I know we all want so much more than it looks like we're going to get out of this election, but just standing up to the corrupt "leaders" and letting them know they are being watched and challenged is a significant step.

jenninlouisiana
02-16-2008, 05:51 PM
We did pick up 2 ALTERNATE delegate spots (big yippee, I know)... Andrew Axsom and someone else... I didn't catch the name.

It costs about 5,000 dollars to attend the RNC, so I hope the RP campaign helps with their expenses...

Sandra
02-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Jenn, sorry I had to leave early but my blood sugar kept crashing hard. The two ladies at the front desk had to get me where I could walk again.

torchbearer
02-16-2008, 06:30 PM

:cool:

torchbearer
02-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Jenn, sorry I had to leave early but my blood sugar kept crashing hard. The two ladies at the front desk had to get me where I could walk again.

My blood pressure was sky high...

jenninlouisiana
02-16-2008, 07:07 PM
I saw Brent, but didn't even see you, Sandra. I didn't see Andrew either. I saw people holding Ron Paul signs but I didn't reognize them; I saw Corey-- I love how he brings his baby everywhere-- such a good dad.

I was between Lisa (one of ours) and Woody Jenkins. There was so much going on, I didn't get a chance to talk to anyone.... sorry to hear about your blood sugar and Brent's blood pressure. I thought Michele and Ben did a great job, but it was so frustrating how they kept getting shot down... and what was that part about needing 2 slates of delegates to do something...???

On a brighter note, we had a blast last night... the Hilton had a shuttle and we went to Superior Grill with Matt and Dimitruis and we just had so much fun.... kinda made today bearable.

SteveMartin
02-16-2008, 07:22 PM
My only question is, "Why was this strategy developed so late that it had no chance to be fully put into affect?"

ButchHowdy
02-16-2008, 07:22 PM
A appreciate all your reports and hard work!

torchbearer
02-16-2008, 07:23 PM
My only question is, "Why was this strategy developed so late that it had no chance to be fully put into affect?"

Matt said something about its hard to predict.. or something along that vein.. i wasnt happy with the answer.

torchbearer
02-16-2008, 07:38 PM
A appreciate all your reports and hard work!

I'm not done yet. ;)

kirkblitz
02-16-2008, 08:15 PM
it occured to me that class action lawsuit could force them to disqualify those delegates or pay people money.

weslinder
02-16-2008, 08:17 PM
torchbearer,

I looked for you, and didn't see you. When did you leave?

torchbearer
02-16-2008, 08:26 PM
torchbearer,

I looked for you, and didn't see you. When did you leave?

when mr. byrd started giving McCain virtual fellatio.

weslinder
02-16-2008, 08:32 PM
when mr. byrd started giving McCain virtual fellatio.

That was ridiculous. I had hoped to meet you. I gave some passionate pleas to a few of the elected delegates before I left. All of the ones that I talked to were planning to vote for McCain, but were less than excited about it. I'm getting a list of names and addresses. The letter-writing campaign starts now.

torchbearer
02-16-2008, 08:37 PM
That was ridiculous. I had hoped to meet you. I gave some passionate pleas to a few of the elected delegates before I left. All of the ones that I talked to were planning to vote for McCain, but were less than excited about it. I'm getting a list of names and addresses. The letter-writing campaign starts now.

Well, to let everyone know, my phone has been ringing non-stop since i left.. a lot of concerned republicans...long time republicans expressing their disdain, one even thinks he can get me the endorsement of the young republicans here.
people are waking up to the scam.
This is a perfect storm for removing these people from power.

bcreps85
02-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Keep fighting Brent, you are a true hero!

Sandra
02-16-2008, 08:43 PM
I was there until 1:30 but was downstairs for part of the time. What happened to Kay Katz?

torchbearer
02-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Keep fighting Brent, you are a true hero!

I don't know the meaning of quit. What the state GOP did today has made me a more powerful candidate.

lastnymleft
02-16-2008, 09:08 PM
If we take them to court we would be taking the whole LA GOP delegate slate to court. It is stated in National party Rules that ANY delegate that is involved in a lawsuit over voting can NOT be on any national Committee.

Any chance action on or about Aug 29 might interfere with the delegate's ability to cast votes on Sep 1-4?

Imagine doing THAT in 50 states!

pinkmandy
02-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Any chance action on or about Aug 29 might interfere with the delegate's ability to cast votes on Sep 1-4?

Imagine doing THAT in 50 states!

:eek: :D:D:D:D:D

kyleAF
02-16-2008, 09:18 PM
I consider these GOP leader folks to be traitors to this country. Remember who they are. If everything gets really bad, I'm sure that Karma can come back for them in a mean way down in LA.

GoDrNo
02-16-2008, 09:57 PM
I don't know the meaning of quit. What the state GOP did today has made me a more powerful candidate.

Keep up the good fight...as soon as I get my taxes back I'm hoping to slip a little donation your way.

pepperpete1
02-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Matt said something about its hard to predict.. or something along that vein.. i wasnt happy with the answer.

They either go along with what the Campaign offers to make this go easier or to hell with them and just file any grievences or lawsuits available. Challenge them all! Torchbearer said they even admitted to breaking the rules among the other offenses they committed. Someone better get a copy of those minutes before they get edited. A tape recorder would have been nice. They more or less convicted themselves if this is taken to court.

I would rather see RP get 90% of the delegates, the 90% they would be penalized. That's around 40 delegates. The chairman of the party down there needs to be removed.

I am so sick and tired of being held as inconsequential as a Ron Paul supporter. It is they that need to answer to the consequences of their actions. NOW! So let's go get them HQ!

alien
02-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Definitely record these sessions. I would make sure several different people carry recorders and then you'll have the same version of the story to prove that they are cheating and lying.

Torchbearer, keep up the great work. You are an inspiration to us all.

billjarrett
02-16-2008, 11:15 PM
Definitely record these sessions. I would make sure several different people carry recorders and then you'll have the same version of the story to prove that they are cheating and lying.

Torchbearer, keep up the great work. You are an inspiration to us all.

Are there recordings? The Youtube community might be interested.

CurtisLow
02-17-2008, 01:33 AM
bump!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go! go! go!

Expatriate
02-17-2008, 01:40 AM
bump

Mark
02-17-2008, 03:00 AM
Well, they were the people who voted on if they were legit, so obviously they weren't going to vote against themselves.
This was another thing we brought up... the credentials committee was made up of people who we were saying didn't have credentials.... guess how they voted?

My sister was removed as executor of my dad's estate by the court because of a conflict of interest.

Her and my brother conspired to defraud me out of a little inheritance,
and the court ruled that she had to be replaced because obviously she wouldn't implicate herself.

Maybe y'all could bypass the GOP totally, have them removed in some manner via the court system due to a conflict of interest.

Maybe that way the GOP wouldn't have an excuse to disqualify the delegates.

raiha
02-17-2008, 04:23 AM
Been out for the day and came back to all this excitement (most of which i don't undertand). However I have got the distinct impression that several people have been out kicking rump and I am dead impressed and delighted!
\Torchbearer what ever you do, do not put that torch down. All power to you! So sorry there were only 30 of you there. But thirty is better than twenty!
Just make sure you don't burn the torch at both ends because there is danger of burn out. And if this is going to be as long a fight as i suspect it is going to be, good sleep, good diet and good exercise are prerequisites to survival.
Bless your revolutionary hearts one and all!!!

Sarge
02-17-2008, 07:16 AM
To all who attended the convention, a big thank you.

I know it was hard on all of you.

I am curious if it was intentional that we got late notice so we didn't have time to get all our delegates to the convention?

Also, was anyone able to record the important issues?

I hope HQ just doesn't let this one go away. We have to start somewhere to turn this corrupt system around.

All stay healthy.

rpfreedom08
02-17-2008, 07:31 AM
To all who attended the convention, a big thank you.

I know it was hard on all of you.

I am curious if it was intentional that we got late notice so we didn't have time to get all our delegates to the convention?

Also, was anyone able to record the important issues?

I hope HQ just doesn't let this one go away. We have to start somewhere to turn this corrupt system around.

All stay healthy.

Yeah I'm not sure how everyone else seemed to know about it just fine but the RP people didn't know until late the night before. Seems strange to me. I was there and enjoyed the two times the Ron Paul people got to speak out but other than that it was a sausage fest for McCain. I threw up in my mouth a little when they had the movie with George Bush saying he is for small government.

Sarge
02-17-2008, 07:50 AM
Thank you for showing up.

My concern is that the minutes don't show up.

I hope someone recorded what was said, the two times our people spoke, and their responses.

slamhead
02-17-2008, 07:57 AM
Can we get a list of names of the perpe[trators] of this scam. Was there any videos taken of this event?

luke-gr
02-17-2008, 08:07 AM
Thank you to all involved in these eye opening events. Keep it up!!

ziggrl
02-17-2008, 09:43 AM
Yeah I'm not sure how everyone else seemed to know about it just fine but the RP people didn't know until late the night before. Seems strange to me. I was there and enjoyed the two times the Ron Paul people got to speak out but other than that it was a sausage fest for McCain. I threw up in my mouth a little when they had the movie with George Bush saying he is for small government.

You gotta be a Drew and Mike fan. Gotta love em.

torchbearer
02-17-2008, 09:43 AM
Not sure if anyone recorded the audio, i had a digital camera and took stills,
the person who gave our argument Michelle Gaudin: http://www.gaudinandlongoria.com/
Is an officer of the court and our bar association.
Plus we had many witnesses... someone may have recorded the event, there were several press people there, two of which are friends of mine... they will go on record about what happened there too.

Elle
02-17-2008, 10:02 AM
So what happens now?

torchbearer
02-17-2008, 10:03 AM
So what happens now?

Stevemartin may be on to something...
this actually may work, imagine having two republicans on the election ballot. this is brilliant!!!!
all we have to do is between now and then have our own GOP rump convention in all the states (organized through meet-ups with any registered republican with proof being a voting delegate), they nominate national delegates who will attend an alternative convention and elect our nominee.
It will force all the illegalities of the other convention because the press will have to ask the question: why?
all we have to do is get ballot access for Ron in all 50 states, but have him claim the republican nomination because of all the illegalities the other GOP candidate participated in to get the nomination at the illegal convention in st.paul.

so there will be two republicans on the ballot, and we will have a choice...
and teach the crocks they will not win by cheating.

what does everyone think about this idea?
there is discussion inspired by our actions yesterday here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=121316

Sarge
02-17-2008, 10:07 AM
Thank you,

That makes me feel better.

Need to watch for the posting of the minutes and copy them when posted. Make sure they are accurate, otherwise someone is going to have to take them to task at the next meeting if they are not correct. Someone will have to make a record, for future use, at the next meeting if they are not what really happened.

Elle
02-17-2008, 10:14 AM
Off topic....What happens if McCain keels over before the convention? Would they just cheat and say McCain's delegates go to Huck?

AlabamaWildMan
02-17-2008, 10:16 AM
"... all we have to do is get ballot access for Ron in all 50 states ..."

Why does that need to be done twice ?
...if he's already gained access in all states as a Republican...then...why should he do that a second time (and how many states' GOP parties will fight that)?

No disrespect....just curious....

torchbearer
02-17-2008, 10:17 AM
Off topic....What happens if McCain keels over before the convention? Would they just cheat and say McCain's delegates go to Huck?

Each delegate would have to decide if they are uncommitted.
If they are committed, i think they will be forced to vote for McCain unless there are provisions made for death.

torchbearer
02-17-2008, 10:21 AM
Why does that need to be done twice ?
...if he's already gained access in all states as a Republican...then...why should he do that a second time (and how many states' GOP parties will fight that)?

No disrespect....just curious....

because the ballot access the GOP has now will go to the nominee of the st. paul convention because that part of the party organized it.
They can't keep ron paul from being a republican on the presidential ballot.
we will have to re-energize our base to get this done... but with purpose, maybe people will become active again.
There is hope, if they want to play politics, we will play politics.

We must show them they can't win by cheating..
We must show them we are a tireless irate minority that is keen on setting brushfires...
Ron Paul said he won't run third party... fine. We will nominate him as our republican candidate, and with just grievances, declare the st. paul convention a fraud. We have a case... it could draw attention to the problems in our system...

AlabamaWildMan
02-17-2008, 10:30 AM
"...They can't keep ron paul from being a republican on the presidential ballot..."

Understood -- but
...they can certainly try to keep his name from being listed Twice on that Ballet....can't they ??

..and, even if we can pull this off....having RP's name listed twice is going to confuse the dickens out the folks in Floriduh won't it? :p

torchbearer
02-17-2008, 10:33 AM
Understood -- but
...they can certainly try to keep his name from being listed Twice on that Ballet....can't they ??

..and, even if we can pull this off....having RP's name listed twice is going to confuse the dickens out the folks in Floriduh won't it? :p

His name will be listed once.

AlabamaWildMan
02-17-2008, 10:38 AM
His name will be listed once.

So we need to raise money to garner him 'ballot acess' twice....in every state....and he'll only show up once....even after all of that money...

:confused:

'Tis too early...and I had no sleep last night....so just disregard my silly questions and I'll go and sit in the corner for a while...

torchbearer
02-17-2008, 10:42 AM
So we need to raise money to garner him 'ballot acess' twice....in every state....and he'll only show up once....even after all of that money...

:confused:

'Tis too early...and I had no sleep last night....so just disregard my silly questions and I'll go and sit in the corner for a while...

He won't have ballot access because the GOP has decided already (yes, they have) to give their ballot access to John McCain.
So the ballot in each state will look like this

Clinton/Obama Democrat
McCain Republican
Paul Republican
Nader Green
Root Libertarian
etc.

Elle
02-17-2008, 10:44 AM
How does the GOP chairman for a particular state get elected?

torchbearer
02-17-2008, 10:47 AM
How does the GOP chairman for a particular state get elected?

different for every state.
in louisiana, the are elected every four years.
you need to find out from your state GOP, when are the qualifying dates for central committe and what are the qualifications.

Elle
02-17-2008, 10:51 AM
The GOP chair here in Michigan is a big ole dick with ears.

torchbearer
02-17-2008, 11:01 AM
The GOP chair here in Michigan is a big ole dick with ears.

does he suck?

Elle
02-17-2008, 11:03 AM
He is awful. At one point he called for Ron Paul not to be included in anymore of the debates. Let me see if I can find the youtube that talks about it.

torchbearer
02-17-2008, 11:03 AM
He is awful. At one point he called for Ron Paul not to be included in anymore of the debates. Let me see if I can find the youtube that talks about it.

are you talking about the traitor Saul?

torchbearer
02-17-2008, 11:05 AM
are you talking about the traitor Saul?

I was one of the many that closed down their call centers waaaaaay back when he made those statements,
Those protest originated from this forum.

torchbearer
02-17-2008, 11:06 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=507

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=392

?

Elle
02-17-2008, 11:07 AM
yep, traitor Saul. From what I have been able to find on his position is that he was re-elected in 2005 & 2007. I think Michigan goes every two years. He needs to be ousted from his perch in the next election.

torchbearer
02-17-2008, 11:08 AM
yep, traitor Saul. From what I have been able to find on his position is that he was re-elected in 2005 & 2007. I think Michigan goes every two years. He needs to be ousted from his perch in the next election.

It is up to you to organize this effort, don't wait for someone else to do it.
That is how we got things done in louisiana... we didn't wait, we each did what we could without central direction.

Banana
02-17-2008, 11:15 AM
EDIT: (Doh! I replied to a post on last page, not realizing I was a page behind... :o Looks like I'm the one who's actually confused!)

No, you're confused.

For primaries, candidates usually pay for their own ballot access.

For general election, the RNC and DNC pay for the nominee's ballot access.

In this case, we are talking about dissenting with RNC, and therefore put forth Paul as the Republican nominee, even though RNC claims someone is the nominee (illegally). In this case, we have to pay for the second access in general election, so the ballot would look something like this:

(Vote for one presidential candidates)

Republicans

John McCain
Ron Paul

Democrat

Obama

(Third parties goes on)

Make sense?

torchbearer
02-17-2008, 11:17 AM
No, you're confused.

For primaries, candidates usually pay for their own ballot access.

For general election, the RNC and DNC pay for the nominee's ballot access.

In this case, we are talking about dissenting with RNC, and therefore put forth Paul as the Republican nominee, even though RNC claims someone is the nominee (illegally). In this case, we have to pay for the second access in general election, so the ballot would look something like this:

(Vote for one presidential candidates)

Republicans

John McCain
Ron Paul

Democrat

Obama

(Third parties goes on)

Make sense?

I'm talking about the general election. not primaries.
i must not be communicating this idea very well.

Banana
02-17-2008, 11:20 AM
See my edit. I'm the one who's a dumbass. :)

Elle
02-17-2008, 11:22 AM
I am working on organizing as much as possible. I don't go back to work until mid April as golf courses are closed here for the winter. So needless to say I have a lot of free time on my hands right now to try and accomplish as much as I can.

torchbearer
02-17-2008, 11:24 AM
no prob.. i was confused as to how i wasn't getting the idea across..
good to know i haven't failed in that task.

torchbearer
02-17-2008, 11:25 AM
I am working on organizing as much as possible. I don't go back to work until mid April as golf courses are closed here for the winter. So needless to say I have a lot of free time on my hands right now to try and accomplish as much as I can.

meet-ups groups were invaluable in our efforts.
we even created a confederation with a central board for the organizers, to help in communication and organizing state wide projects.

Elle
02-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Torch, in your opinion how long will it take to replace the pirates that have stolen our ship. Thanks for that video BTW.

torchbearer
02-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Torch, in your opinion how long will it take to replace the pirates that have stolen our ship. Thanks for that video BTW.

It just depends on our actions... its up to us. So i can't really answer the question, each individual needs to answer the question of how long will they take this crap before they decide to organize a "counter-coup".

torchbearer
02-17-2008, 11:40 AM
If the party leadership has no respect for their own laws, how much respect do you think they have for our constitution?
Our only solution.. the only way we will have fair elections are to remove them from power.
We are planning this strategy in Louisiana.

It starts this year with my congressional run and continues until they are all replaced.

step one: read this entire thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=121122
may take you 15 minutes.

step two: watch this seminar: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958
will take you an hour and a half.

step three: you will need to talk to me after finishing the first two... you will know why by that time.

everyone should start the revolutions 12 step program.
the first three above will get you started.

Elle
02-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Torch,
Do we have enough candidates, such as yourself, running this year to replace all the ones that need replacing?

torchbearer
02-17-2008, 12:11 PM
Torch,
Do we have enough candidates, such as yourself, running this year to replace all the ones that need replacing?

I don't think so... we have enough to get a toe-hold on this uphill battle.
But we must get financial support or we will not win.

torchbearer
02-17-2008, 01:11 PM
//

CurtisLow
02-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Z-Bump Just do it!

Bubba
02-18-2008, 11:47 AM
I thought I had LOTS of bad luck, but RP has more than I ever dreamed. . .

get bent

suhaila
02-19-2008, 11:20 AM
We did pick up 2 ALTERNATE delegate spots (big yippee, I know)... Andrew Axsom and someone else... I didn't catch the name.

Ron Webb from District 4 got an at-large alternate spot.

ZanZibar
09-24-2011, 07:39 PM
http://www.jackbellsmeats.com/images/jpeg/beef/Rump_Roast.jpg