PDA

View Full Version : Mark Cuban on Ron Paul in blog...

coffeewithchess
02-15-2008, 07:01 PM
Here is a snippet of one of Mark Cuban's latest blog entries, "(And before all the comments start, Ron Paul is the worse of all the candidates when it comes to detailing how he would execute on his promises. Just saying you are going to cut and eliminate everything doesn't mean you know how to do it and/or could get it done.)"

mmink15
02-15-2008, 07:02 PM
I guess Cuban has relied on MSM for his Ron Paul coverage, that would explain that view.

pacelli
02-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Zing! Another potential billionaire crossed off the list.

Ex Post Facto
02-15-2008, 07:04 PM
He doesn't realize Ron Paul is the only candidate that can effect the changes he promise, within the scope of his constituitional executive powers. Every other candidate promises items that only congress can make happen.

an.old.analyst
02-15-2008, 07:16 PM
Here is a snippet of one of Mark Cuban's latest blog entries, "(And before all the comments start, Ron Paul is the worse of all the candidates when it comes to detailing how he would execute on his promises. Just saying you are going to cut and eliminate everything doesn't mean you know how to do it and/or could get it done.)"
It's pretty obvious, just defund the relevant government departments. Cutting government budgets for targeted department will eventually make them go away. Doesn't take a rocket scientist, or even a whatever-the-heck-you-are-mark, to figure that one out.

Can you imagine slashing DHS' budget to zero in 2010?

kirkblitz
02-15-2008, 07:17 PM
hes a tard, he might be rich as hell but i still hate him

Cooter
02-15-2008, 07:25 PM
i dont agree with cuban but one thing i wish dr paul would do is explain a little bit to people when he says he would get rid of the dept of education. the idiots of the world think their kids would all of a sudden not have a school to go to. i wish he would ease the worries though and give how that would transition.

utrunner07
02-15-2008, 07:35 PM
i cant stand the idiot. used to be a mavs fan but un the past two yeas i pull against them just hoping he wont be happy

me3
02-15-2008, 07:39 PM
I like Mark on business matters, but politically, he's lost.

He endorses Bloomberg before he has declared, or announced a platform. An exercise in futility.

dante
02-15-2008, 07:41 PM
He has a huge point... people like to see a 'plan' and Dr. Paul and the campaign would have been smart to put out exactly how and why and how fast everything is going to get done. If you sit there and say... i'm going to eliminate the IRS in one week and the fed in week two people think you are crazy.
Another marketing failure on the part of the campaign

HenryKnoxFineBooks
02-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Yeah, he needed to lay out a detailed plan like Obama did....

Or Hillary did...

Or McCain on economic issues...

or immigration...

TastyWheat
02-15-2008, 09:04 PM
I would have said the same about all of the other candidates. I hope the Mavs win a championship over Cuban's dead body, literally.

itshappening
02-15-2008, 09:06 PM
his plan is massive cuts.... simple!

Cuban sucks...

yongrel
02-15-2008, 09:10 PM
and his TV show was shitty too.

sgrooms
02-15-2008, 09:19 PM
the is the most civil i've seen this board. usually its "LETS SPAM CUBAN!!!"

Myerz
02-15-2008, 09:25 PM
His own gas has effected his brain!

coffeewithchess
02-15-2008, 10:03 PM
He has a huge point... people like to see a 'plan' and Dr. Paul and the campaign would have been smart to put out exactly how and why and how fast everything is going to get done. If you sit there and say... i'm going to eliminate the IRS in one week and the fed in week two people think you are crazy.

Exactly! I was talking with my brother tonight. He said that he spoke to a lady that is in her 70's and is a college professor. This lady's children are public school teachers and college professors just like she is. The lady heard Dr. Paul say he wants to get rid of the Department of Education, so she went to his site to see what he wanted to replace it with...and she didn't see anything and it didn't make any sense to her.
This is why a speech coach would have helped Dr. Paul. When he says, "I want to get rid of the Department of Education.", The majority of the people don't realize that Dr. Paul is wanting the states and local communities to keep the money they send to the federal government and to manage their own schools the way they see fit.
My brother and I had a good talk and we were both in agreement about a lot...RP's campaign is probably the worst in history and RP didn't step up to the plate and fire anybody like he should have done. This is probably my biggest complaint of all, the stupid RP HQ is run like amateurs and nobody up there was decent enough to step aside and RP wasn't decent enough to fire anybody.
The campaign should still have several million left, why haven't I seen one national ad or one ad that doesn't look like it was made in the 80s?

mavtek
02-16-2008, 08:36 AM
At least Ron Paul says what he'd do and not that he's just for "change".

JimInNY
02-16-2008, 08:56 AM
He has a huge point... people like to see a 'plan'

hmmmm... so where is Hillary's plan, or Huck's plan, or Obama's plan, or McCain's plan?

I haven't seen any.

JimInNY
02-16-2008, 08:59 AM
i dont agree with cuban but one thing i wish dr paul would do is explain a little bit to people when he says he would get rid of the dept of education. the idiots of the world think their kids would all of a sudden not have a school to go to. i wish he would ease the worries though and give how that would transition.

I agree with this. He does need to explain what the DofE does (nothing) and what eliminating it would do for us: more $ directly to the schools without filtering through DC bureaucracy and restoration of local control over curriculum.

freelance
02-16-2008, 09:18 AM
hmmmm... so where is Hillary's plan, or Huck's plan, or Obama's plan, or McCain's plan?

I haven't seen any.

Not only will you not see a substantive plan, but Congress will receive 1000 pages in the middle of the night the day before the vote.

Joseph Hart
02-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Marc Cuban is scared of Bill O'Reily. This is probably a financial standpoint unfortunately.

hyoomen
02-16-2008, 10:08 AM
This has been a fairly common criticism by people who might otherwise be sympathetic to Congressman Paul -- whether he lacks a plan or merely lacks the ability to communicate his plan, the failure is entirely the campaign's (including Congressman Paul). All of this would be why we see a great deal of inspirational rhetoric in the grassroots and very little straightforward figures.

It is difficult to know how Congressman Paul would attempt to execute his strategies while getting Congress to play along. Sometimes it is difficult to visualize a straight forward plan for visionaries and ideologues.

sratiug
02-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Exactly! I was talking with my brother tonight. He said that he spoke to a lady that is in her 70's and is a college professor. This lady's children are public school teachers and college professors just like she is. The lady heard Dr. Paul say he wants to get rid of the Department of Education, so she went to his site to see what he wanted to replace it with...and she didn't see anything and it didn't make any sense to her.
This is why a speech coach would have helped Dr. Paul. When he says, "I want to get rid of the Department of Education.", The majority of the people don't realize that Dr. Paul is wanting the states and local communities to keep the money they send to the federal government and to manage their own schools the way they see fit.
My brother and I had a good talk and we were both in agreement about a lot...RP's campaign is probably the worst in history and RP didn't step up to the plate and fire anybody like he should have done. This is probably my biggest complaint of all, the stupid RP HQ is run like amateurs and nobody up there was decent enough to step aside and RP wasn't decent enough to fire anybody.
The campaign should still have several million left, why haven't I seen one national ad or one ad that doesn't look like it was made in the 80s?
It is indeed sad when you must point out to teachers and college professors that the Federal Department of Education has a negative impact on school funding. If they had any education at all they would know this. We do need to know how much this affect is. In Missississippi I found budget numbers from a couple of years ago and found that the DOE returns a lot of money to our state but a HUGE amount is in guaranteed student loans. Take away the loans and I'm sure it is a big drain on our state and every other. The total DOE budget was around 50 billion, none of that goes to teachers, no child left behind is universally hated, and private universities get more federal money than public ones. This should be a big positive campaign issue.

RonRules
02-16-2008, 10:23 AM
In case some of you thought Mark Cuban was Cuban:

family's last name was shortened from Chabenisky when his grandparents, Russian Jews, arrived at Ellis Island
(Wikipedia)

You will see Jewish opposition to Ron Paul EVERYWHERE.

280Z28
02-16-2008, 10:33 AM
Ron Paul is the only candidate who has a plan for all his goals. He talks about the goals... but why? For the same reason your school assignments tell you what the final result you're after is. For the same reason contracts spell out terms for when they end. He tells us these things so we know his actions aren't random, that they aren't just a string of complaints by a disgruntled Congressman who hasn't figured out where to stop. No, Ron Paul is fully aware of the enormous opportunity facing our country, and he wants you to know about it too.

But Ron Paul takes actions in steps. He talks of eliminating the IRS. He acts by targeting drastically lower taxes for those who need it most: tip-earners, parents trying to get health insurance for their kids, and policemen trying to get better protection (body armor that has a better chance of saving them if something goes wrong in the line of duty).

He talks about monstrously cutting the budget, both foreign and domestic. He acts by trying redirect some of the foreign spending to domestic programs that people were taught to rely on but are being let down. He talks about eliminating Social Security, but wants to act by allowing people to opt-out. He talks about returning to the gold standard, but wants to act by allowing people to hold on to security-backed assets like the Liberty Dollar without fear of raids.

Ron Paul knows how to get the job done.

adam1mc
02-16-2008, 10:38 AM

I've been saying this for 6 months now :(

Henry
02-16-2008, 10:39 AM
Yeah, he needed to lay out a detailed plan like Obama did.....

Your right on the above, but the MSM scoundrels will never give it the light od day.
I would love to see a detailed plan similar to his 35 questions he proposed to the house to ask itself before going to Iraq.

280Z28
02-16-2008, 10:43 AM

Ron Paul was around for the years and years Republicans talked about getting rid of the Dept of Education and why it needed to be done. After being in Congress for so long, he's used to people just knowing this.

angelatc
02-16-2008, 10:55 AM

Argh. Comments are closed. mark.cuban@dallasmavs.com is his email address. He really does read them, but a single sentence has a better chance at making an impact than a diatribe. Keeping Ron Paul out of the title will help your odds too.

I lost hope in Cuban when he posted something to the effect that luxury items should be taxed at a higher rate, because the liberals are right, he would still buy that stuff, blah blah blah. A flurry of posters reminded him what happened to the American boatmakers last time our brilliant leaders tried that.

Now he's apparently on the Bloomberg wagon, which means he's a social liberal.

Rich liberals are the worst - they have no real respect for money or property. They think that they're pretty good with their own money, and somehow that gives them the right to control everybody elses.

Carole
02-16-2008, 11:06 AM
You answered your own question. :)

Shink
02-16-2008, 11:10 AM

He doesn't have a huge point. His brain has been whittled down over time to near nothingness. That is one of the least-researched stances on a politician EVER. Ron has some detailed plans on his CAMPAIGN WEBSITE if people would just look at it. Also, for a thinking person, Ron's statements he made in the first MSNBC debate are OBVIOUSLY rhetorical: he was asked if he would 'WORK to phase out the IRS.' Yeah, duh. That requires talking to the American people on tv, which Presidents can do whenever, explaining the situation, educating as only Ron can and talking to Congress about getting it done the right way. Ron has addressed these sorts of concerns any time it came up. I'm sure people would like a simplified version of how he'll handle this stuff DURING A DEBATE, but you have to be asked a relevant question (or any at all...) to do so.

trapfive
02-16-2008, 11:32 AM

I guess a good candidate would solve our problems by executing promises of not cutting or eliminating. Man, there are a lot of "good candidates" out there.....

Flippin moronic....