PDA

View Full Version : David Walker Resigns - Potentially HUGE news

gerryb
02-15-2008, 05:45 PM
I just received this from a financial newsletter I am subscribed too:
"Dear 5 reader,

Wow. Big news. So big we couldn’t wait until our next edition on Tuesday. So put the kids to bed. Here we go… it’s a 5 Min. Forecast OVERTIME briefing:

David Walker Resigns as U.S. Comptroller General

“As comptroller general of the United States,” says David Walker, the federal government’s top accountant, ”there are real limitations on what I can do and say in connection with key public policy issues, especially issues that directly relate to GAO’s client — the Congress.”

You may recall, we’ve been traveling with David for more than a year documenting his efforts to educate the public on the fiscal issues challenging the country. Our film, I.O.U.S.A., featuring Mr. Walker among other luminaries, premiered at the Sundance Film Festival on January 19, 2008.

Despite the “very difficult” nature of Walker’s decision, he has chosen to leave his post at the GAO to become the president and CEO of the newly founded Peter G. Peterson Foundation. He made the announcement to Congress today.

“While I love both my job as comptroller general and the GAO,” said Walker, “I love my country more. And I believe that leading this foundation represents a unique opportunity and will be good for my country. My new position will provide me with the ability and resources to more aggressively address a range of current and emerging challenges facing our country, including advocating specific policy solutions and courses of action.”

As the head of the Peterson Foundation, Walker will oversee the billion-dollar endowment of Pete Peterson – former Commerce Secretary, the founder of the Blackstone group, The Concord Coalition, and legendary advocate for government fiscal responsibility. Chief among Walker’s duties at the Peterson Foundation will be the funding and advocating of projects that will enhance public awareness of fiscal imbalance, government deficits, and nuclear proliferation.

“We are at a make-or-break point in American history,” Mr. Peterson said of his new foundation. “The entitlement monster is unfunded. We are dangerously dependent on foreign capital, our health care costs per capita are twice the level of the developed world. The goal is to integrate public policy and charitable giving and to answer this question: How do you educate a public that has become largely inert?”

It’s now up to David Walker to answer that question. Walker’s resignation, coupled with the launch of Peterson’s fund, has broad implications for the future of fiscal responsibility in the United States, and more specifically, the development of our documentary, I.O.U.S.A.

“The foundation is also going to end up funding other related efforts,” Walker told the Federal News Network in and interview this morning, “including potentially supporting one or more documentaries designed to get the message to millions of Americas… because they need to know in order to make more informed choices at the ballot box.”

Interesting times. Stay tuned for further updates.

And as always, have a nice weekend,

Addison Wiggin
The 5 Min. Forecast "

This is huge news. David Walker could not previously endorse Ron Paul. Ron Paul needs to personally call this man and ask for his endorsement. I am positive he would give it.

We should support his new foundation by helping to publicize any work that comes from the group.. Does anyone know about the Blackstone group or The Concord Coalition. I assume the Blackstone group has solid ties to the CFR, but what about the Concord Coalition?

SWATH
02-15-2008, 05:49 PM
He needs to stump for Paul!

RCA
02-15-2008, 05:50 PM
What newsletter was this, just curious?

pacelli
Absolutely endorse Ron Paul, for heaven's sake !!!!!!!

Kotin
didnt mC100 mention the concord group when he couldnt answer Dr.Paul's Question?

gerryb
02-15-2008, 05:52 PM
What newsletter was this, just curious?

IT is "The 5 Minute Forecast" from Agora Financial.

I pay for some of their financial newsletters, I think "The 5" might be free.

http://www.agorafinancial.com/

linusPAULing
02-15-2008, 05:52 PM
It is alarming to see him go. I hope he's correct about having a greater influence with the new position. Frankly, comptroller general seemed like a reasonably influential position to me.

raiha
02-15-2008, 05:54 PM
He no doubt felt helpless faced with all that thuggery.

AMeredith
02-15-2008, 05:55 PM
“The foundation is also going to end up funding other related efforts,” Walker told the Federal News Network in and interview this morning, “including potentially supporting one or more documentaries designed to get the message to millions of Americas … because they need to know in order to make more informed choices at the ballot box.”

Gulp. Is this what we were waiting for?

integrity
02-15-2008, 05:56 PM
he won't endorse RP, and the "education" americans will receive will be propaganda to make the fed look good.

read this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=121042

IChooseLiberty
02-15-2008, 05:57 PM
I wouldn't doubt that he was pressured to quit.

nullvalu
02-15-2008, 05:57 PM
This man was such an asset, what more could you ask for than a whistle blower at the the top?

beachmaster
02-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Despite the “very difficult” nature of Walker’s decision, he has chosen to leave his post at the GAO to become the president and CEO of the newly founded Peter G. Peterson Foundation.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_G._Peterson

He (Peterson) was Chairman of the Council on Foreign Relations until retiring on June 30, 2007, after being named chairman emeritus

Don't expect any big Ron Paul endorsements from this guy, not if he's going to be a good team player for CRF alumni Peterson.

nullvalu
02-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Don't expect any big Ron Paul endorsements from this guy, not if he's going to be a good team player for CRF alumni Peterson.

Holy crap. Bought off?

God, that bio gets worse:

In 1969, Peterson was invited by philanthropist John D. Rockefeller 3rd, CFR Chairman John J. McCloy, and former Treasury Secretary Douglas Dillon to chair a Commission on Foundations and Private Philanthropy, which became known as the Peterson Commission.

beachmaster
02-15-2008, 06:01 PM
Holy crap. Bought off?

Looks that way. He'll be touting the party line for sure.

linusPAULing
02-15-2008, 06:01 PM
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_G._Peterson

He was Chairman no less :(

an.old.analyst
02-15-2008, 06:04 PM
The whole thing is staged. Walker's resignation just makes it look like there is internal dissension....and perhaps panic while the ship sinks.

These guys on the inside have known the plan for years. What, you think everything you are seeing is an accident? Anyone with a rudimentary economic education would have been able to predict this when the big treaties (Gatt, NAFTA) were being signed.

They knew what they were doing. In fact, the treaties were designed intentionally to make what-we-are-seeing-today happen. Don't believe me, then listen to what Sir James Goldsmith told Congress about Gatt in the early 90's, the audio is on the web.

nullvalu
02-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Must just be a network of controlled opposition. Controlled dissent. Puke.

gerryb
02-15-2008, 06:06 PM
The whole thing is staged. Walker's resignation just makes it look like there is internal dissension....and perhaps panic while the ship sinks.

These guys on the inside have known the plan for years. What, you think everything you are seeing is an accident? Anyone with a rudimentary economic education would have been able to predict this when the big treaties (Gatt, NAFTA) were being signed.

They knew what they were doing. In fact, the treaties were designed intentionally to make what-we-are-seeing-today happen. Don't believe me, just go listen to Sir James Goldsmith has to say to our Congress in the early 90's, the audio is on the web.

Now that I see his ties to the CFR, this is absolutely the case. Sad. I still have a glimmer of hope, though!

Edu
02-15-2008, 06:08 PM
As the ship sinks you will see more rats fleeing. Keeping his mouth shut while America was being sold out makes him one of the rats in my book.

pacelli
02-15-2008, 06:11 PM
Ok, thanks for exploring his CFR link. Based on that, I predict he'll back McCain. I hope I'm proven wrong.

Cowlesy
02-15-2008, 06:11 PM
McCain, John

PETERSON, PETER G MR
NEW YORK,NY 10154

THE BLACKSTONE GROUP/SENIOR CHAIRMA

2/28/2007

$2,300

McCain, John

PETERSON, PETER G MR
NEW YORK,NY 10154

5/23/2007

$2,300

McCain, John

PETERSON, PETER G MR
NEW YORK,NY 10154

5/23/2007

$2,300

McCain, John

PETERSON, PETER G MR
NEW YORK,NY 10154

6/30/2007

$2,300

Dodd, Christopher J

PETERSON, PETER G MR
NEW YORK,NY 10154

BLACKSTONE GROUP/SR. CHAIRMAN

6/12/2007

$2,000

Richardson, Bill

PETERSON, PETER G
NEW YORK,NY 10154

5/11/2007

$1,000

There's your answer.

Don't get all excited yet. I am sure Pete Peterson is paying Walker a small fortune and the message will slowly be re-tuned to what PP wants.

nullvalu
02-15-2008, 06:12 PM
As the ship sinks you will see more rats fleeing. Keeping his mouth shut while America was being sold out makes him one of the rats in my book.

Up until just recently he was all over the news screaming about our fiscal problems. Does anyone know if he ever spoke highly of Dr. Paul? I know I sent this video to my entire address book: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGpY2hw7ao8

ShowMeLiberty
02-15-2008, 06:20 PM
Wellllll........ crap. Just crap. At least I only had my hopes up for a couple of minutes before they got smashed all to hell this time. :(

nullvalu
02-15-2008, 06:21 PM
McCain, John

PETERSON, PETER G MR
NEW YORK,NY 10154

2/28/2007

$2,300

McCain, John

The really scary thing about that donation - Look at the date. February 2007?

liberteebell
02-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Up until just recently he was all over the news screaming about our fiscal problems. Does anyone know if he ever spoke highly of Dr. Paul? I know I sent this video to my entire address book: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGpY2hw7ao8

I did the same and because it was so "mainstream", a lot of people woke up.

I am really disheartened to see the CFR ties; I thought he was one of the good guys who actually had America's best interest at heart. I read somewhere that many people wrote him and asked him to endorse RP but he said (correctly) that as a public official, he could not endorse presidential candidates.

*sigh*

Can't we just get a break? Just a little something sort-of "big" that's on our side???

RlxdN10sity
02-15-2008, 06:26 PM

They knew what they were doing. In fact, the treaties were designed intentionally to make what-we-are-seeing-today happen. Don't believe me, then listen to what Sir James Goldsmith told Congress about Gatt in the early 90's, the audio is on the web.

Audio here - http://digg.com/political_opinion/SIR_JAMES_GOLDSMITH_GATT_RAVAGES_THE_WORLD_AUDIO

nullvalu
02-15-2008, 06:26 PM
Here it is on Reuters: Congressional watchdog Walker to resign http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSN1559692520080215

freelance
02-15-2008, 06:30 PM
he won't endorse RP, and the "education" americans will receive will be propaganda to make the fed look good.

read this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=121042

Crap! It sounds like he was handed "an offer he can't refuse."

pinkmandy
02-15-2008, 06:33 PM
CFR. Crap. The depth of their controlled demolition is really astonishing. PP is right, there are no "accidents" for these monsters unless you count the RP that got away.

nullvalu
02-15-2008, 06:34 PM
I read somewhere that many people wrote him and asked him to endorse RP but he said (correctly) that as a public official, he could not endorse presidential candidates.

Well now, he is no longer a public official is he? We should inundate him with pleas to endorse Paul... again.

nullvalu
02-15-2008, 06:36 PM

Yeah, I'd say $1 BILLION DOLLARS (http://newsblaze.com/story/2008021506530300004.pnw/newsblaze/POLITICS/Politics.html) is a pretty good offer. Wouldn't you?

phixion
02-15-2008, 06:36 PM

Shame it wasn't VP under a Paul presidency.

Pete

Rhys
02-15-2008, 06:46 PM
My God, a billion dollar soap box.

liberteebell
02-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Well now, he is no longer a public official is he? We should inundate him with pleas to endorse Paul... again.

It's most certainly worth a try!

an.old.analyst
02-15-2008, 06:58 PM
From the Reuter article....

Walker will head the newly established Peter G. Peterson Foundation.

"As Comptroller General of the United States and head of the GAO, there are real limitations on what I can do and say in connection with key public policy issues, especially issues that directly relate to GAO's client -- the Congress," Walker said. He added, "My new position will provide me with the ability and resources to more aggressively address a range of current and emerging challenges facing our country."

[snip]

"Walker repeatedly urged Congress to waste no time in reforming massive government programs, such as health care"
So, guys and gals...you are watching how the insiders work right before your very eyes. Pure Hegelian theater....this is part of the planned NEO CON hand-off to the DEMS and their implementation of the LEFT agenda...

1) While in Gov't Walker plays role of insider who plays it straight, wants to warn the American people about our financial challenges. Gets great spot on 60 mins, approx 2 yrs ago, to demonstrate his character and concern.

2) Now, Walker walks out, cause he just can't take it anymore and wants to continue the fight from the "outside" by working for established insider Peterson.

3) Wait, before Walker leaves he admits Republicans failed to handle health care and other stuff.

4) Solution - hey, Obama and Hillary will fix health care! (and other stuff). And Walker will be working on the "Outside" to make sure the "critical" LEFT agenda is funded.

5) Results:

Higher taxes;
Federally managed healthcare (ie. Hillary tells you what medical procedures you can and cannot have done);
More expensive healthcare (ie. more taken from your paycheck),
All your medical records kept by government (ie. no more medical privacy and you get fired if you're unhealthy)

Ultimately, Hillary or Obama gets to tell you what you can eat, drink and smoke, and how much you must exercise. Don't comply, you're booted from their system.

s35wf
02-15-2008, 07:01 PM
WARNING This sounds to me like a "educational" documentary series which will probably be geared around making "globalization" good for us :eek:

Banana
02-15-2008, 07:01 PM
What about the fact that Walker was an employee of Arthur Anderson, the same corrupt accounting office involved in Enron scandal? Does that say anything relevant?

an.old.analyst
02-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Shame it wasn't VP under a Paul presidency.
Pete, this man is an insider. No one other than insiders can attain power anymore without surviving enormous personal, professional, political and financial attack. When someone in prominence makes a comment against the prevailing government or corporate policy, then you know they are part of the gameplan, especially if that person is not viciously attacked. In Walker's case, not only was he NOT attacked, he's listed as a CFR member, therefore his allegiance is a dead giveaway.

Hence, this is NOT someone who the American public would want as their VP. Further, this is NOT someone who RP would likely include in his campaign or administration, assuming that I have analyzed Ron correctly.

integrity
02-15-2008, 07:13 PM
the CFR forms this new party, and who is their candidate?

my guess is Lou Dobbs- an insider just like Walker, critical enough of govt. to legitimize him in the eyes of the sheeple. funded P.P. and endorsed by walker.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg305/Curlz31/img018.jpg

liberteebell
02-15-2008, 08:48 PM
From the Reuter article....

So, guys and gals...you are watching how the insiders work right before your very eyes. Pure Hegelian theater....this is part of the planned NEO CON hand-off to the DEMS and their implementation of the LEFT agenda...

1) While in Gov't Walker plays role of insider who plays it straight, wants to warn the American people about our financial challenges. Gets great spot on 60 mins, approx 2 yrs ago, to demonstrate his character and concern.

2) Now, Walker walks out, cause he just can't take it anymore and wants to continue the fight from the "outside" by working for established insider Peterson.

3) Wait, before Walker leaves he admits Republicans failed to handle health care and other stuff.

4) Solution - hey, Obama and Hillary will fix health care! (and other stuff). And Walker will be working on the "Outside" to make sure the "critical" LEFT agenda is funded.

5) Results:

Higher taxes;
Federally managed healthcare (ie. Hillary tells you what medical procedures you can and cannot have done);
More expensive healthcare (ie. more taken from your paycheck),
All your medical records kept by government (ie. no more medical privacy and you get fired if you're unhealthy)

Ultimately, Hillary or Obama gets to tell you what you can eat, drink and smoke, and how much you must exercise. Don't comply, you're booted from their system.

Just wow. Now I'm remembering why I quit reading all this stuff and discussing these things on the 'net several years ago. And here I am again...

It's mind boggling and it just gets more and more depressing by the minute. These sure are some evil people.

And just lately, it seems like the plan is on overdrive, or is it just me?

lastnymleft
02-16-2008, 08:21 AM

It's not just you. It's their "endgame", and we're watching it play out.

02-16-2008, 08:35 AM
EXCELLENT catch! Walker has always been an advocate for financial reform. Maybe he can be an advocate for Ron Paul.

Revolution9
02-16-2008, 08:51 AM
Just wow. Now I'm remembering why I quit reading all this stuff and discussing these things on the 'net several years ago. And here I am again...

It's mind boggling and it just gets more and more depressing by the minute. These sure are some evil people.

Nope. It is not just you. It is on overdrive. They are out to collapse and exhaust the dollar. 80% of the worlds financial resources are used up in the war. How they gonna fix that without shitcanning the whole shebang?

Best
Randy

Revolution9
02-16-2008, 08:52 AM
EXCELLENT catch! Walker has always been an advocate for financial reform. Maybe he can be an advocate for Ron Paul.

Be a good move to start turning insider into outsiders inside their gates and flip the paradigm on them.

best
Randy

LJHudd
02-16-2008, 09:18 AM
I feel sick to my stomach reading all this. There goes my glimmer of hope.

This Ron Paul movement has got to get it's act together and figure out how to educate and mobilize the country on a massive scale, before this year is over. The March sounds like a good start I guess.

Alex Libman
02-16-2008, 09:24 AM
Absolutely endorse Ron Paul, for heaven's sake !!!!!!!

You're still living in the land of 2+ weeks ago. It is physically impossible for Ron Paul to win the GOP nomination at this point. Even if McCain and Huckabee both die, Rudy or Romney will jump back in the race and get all their delegates. We've done everything we can.

What we need to think about now is who're we voting for in November, since Ron Paul won't be running outside his district - writing him in is about as wise as writing in Thomas Jefferson! We need to unite behind a third party candidate!

So at this point we should be hoping that David M. Walker endorses someone like Wayne Allyn Root, and Ron Paul should endorse him too for that matter!

freelance
02-16-2008, 09:26 AM
the CFR forms this new party, and who is their candidate?

my guess is Lou Dobbs- an insider just like Walker, critical enough of govt. to legitimize him in the eyes of the sheeple. funded P.P. and endorsed by walker.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg305/Curlz31/img018.jpg

So much "doesn't feel right" about this election cycle that you may be right. I had thought that Clinton had been selected as the ultimate victor, but I'm not so sure anymore. I keep changing my mind about Huck's role.

Another reason that I think you may be right is all the drama we've seen, the unexpected twists and turns. They are trying to keep us occupied, and what better way than to introduce a third-party (change) candidate out of the blue--one that actually wins. It doesn't really matter who wins, because they're all the same. Since the economic situation seems to be spiraling out of control, their best bet is to occupy us with the bread and circus we call elections, and that means we can't have a general election where we KNOW who's going to win, because we would only lose interest and focus on real problems.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-16-2008, 09:38 AM
I just received this from a financial newsletter I am subscribed too:
"Dear 5 reader,

Wow. Big news. So big we couldn’t wait until our next edition on Tuesday. So put the kids to bed. Here we go… it’s a 5 Min. Forecast OVERTIME briefing:

“As comptroller general of the United States,” says David Walker, the federal government’s top accountant, ”there are real limitations on what I can do and say in connection with key public policy issues, especially issues that directly relate to GAO’s client — the Congress.”

You may recall, we’ve been traveling with David for more than a year documenting his efforts to educate the public on the fiscal issues challenging the country. Our film, I.O.U.S.A., featuring Mr. Walker among other luminaries, premiered at the Sundance Film Festival on January 19, 2008.

Despite the “very difficult” nature of Walker’s decision, he has chosen to leave his post at the GAO to become the president and CEO of the newly founded Peter G. Peterson Foundation. He made the announcement to Congress today.

“While I love both my job as comptroller general and the GAO,” said Walker, “I love my country more. And I believe that leading this foundation represents a unique opportunity and will be good for my country. My new position will provide me with the ability and resources to more aggressively address a range of current and emerging challenges facing our country, including advocating specific policy solutions and courses of action.”

As the head of the Peterson Foundation, Walker will oversee the billion-dollar endowment of Pete Peterson – former Commerce Secretary, the founder of the Blackstone group, The Concord Coalition, and legendary advocate for government fiscal responsibility. Chief among Walker’s duties at the Peterson Foundation will be the funding and advocating of projects that will enhance public awareness of fiscal imbalance, government deficits, and nuclear proliferation.

“We are at a make-or-break point in American history,” Mr. Peterson said of his new foundation. “The entitlement monster is unfunded. We are dangerously dependent on foreign capital, our health care costs per capita are twice the level of the developed world. The goal is to integrate public policy and charitable giving and to answer this question: How do you educate a public that has become largely inert?”

It’s now up to David Walker to answer that question. Walker’s resignation, coupled with the launch of Peterson’s fund, has broad implications for the future of fiscal responsibility in the United States, and more specifically, the development of our documentary, I.O.U.S.A.

“The foundation is also going to end up funding other related efforts,” Walker told the Federal News Network in and interview this morning, “including potentially supporting one or more documentaries designed to get the message to millions of Americas… because they need to know in order to make more informed choices at the ballot box.”

Interesting times. Stay tuned for further updates.

And as always, have a nice weekend,

Addison Wiggin
The 5 Min. Forecast "

This is huge news. David Walker could not previously endorse Ron Paul. Ron Paul needs to personally call this man and ask for his endorsement. I am positive he would give it.

We should support his new foundation by helping to publicize any work that comes from the group.. Does anyone know about the Blackstone group or The Concord Coalition. I assume the Blackstone group has solid ties to the CFR, but what about the Concord Coalition?

For those unaware of the sophistication of Texas government, the Comptroller is one of five parts of the Administration. Along with the Comptroller is a Land Comissioner, an Attorney General, a Lt. Governor and, finally, the Governor. There have been times when the Lt. Governor of Texas was more powerful than the Governor.
Anyway, when the Comptroller in Texas declares the state budget illegal, it means something.

lastnymleft
02-17-2008, 07:04 AM
Good story on how McCain apparently knows nothing about economics:
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/014/751tryie.asp?pg=1

...and then this:

"As for his team of economic advisers, they continue to see in McCain a picture of their own aspiration. "He's a deficit hawk above all," Rudman told me. "Has been since the day I met him."

"He understands that the solution to our long-term problems will involve some shared sacrifice," Pete Peterson says. "And I think his leadership skills will be very effective in putting this idea of shared sacrifice across."

"I tell him: 'Stop mentioning Pete Peterson!'" Kemp says. "And he gets that. You look at Reagan. He ran a conventional Republican campaign in '76: limit spending, balanced budgets. Then [supply-side economist] Art Laffer and I and some others managed to talk to him. And in 1980 he ran as a growth candidate. I see something similar happening with John."

Lucid American
02-18-2008, 07:24 AM
So, is there an active email effort going on to try to get Walker's endorsement?

I just watched the 60 Minutes thing with him, and it absolutely sounded like an ideological endorsement for Dr. Paul.