PDA

View Full Version : Another Massacre At A "Gun Free Zone" College Campus

Uriel999
02-15-2008, 05:28 PM
h ttp://www.kxmb.com/News/Nation/209747.asp

"DEKALB, Ill. - Another person shot when a gunman opened fire at a lecture hall at Northern Illinois University has died, bringing the toll to seven, including the gunman, a coroner said Friday.

Investigators and school officials did not immediately know why the man indiscriminately fired into the crowd with a shotgun and two handguns Thursday, wounding 15 people and sending panicked students fleeing for the exits before killing himself.

“We have no motive and I have no way of knowing what the motive was,” University Police Chief Donald Grady said.

At one time I was very against arming teachers or allowing qualified students to carry on campus. I’m not any more. These maniacs go to those schools KNOWING that their’s will be the only gun there - until police arrive. And that can take minutes.

If you know anything about guns, or ever fire on a range, take any semi-automatic pistol with, say, two extra loaded magazines, and see how long it will take you to fire every single round in those magazines. It doesn’t take but a few seconds. Then imagine firing into a crowded room filled with unarmed people.

Like shooting fish in a barrel.

This one, like some others before him, even stopped to reload. One gun. That’s all it would have taken. But that campus, like all the others, is a “gun free zone”.

To everyone except the killer."
__________________________________________________ ___

Looks like finally people are starting to come around and get the point.

torchbearer
02-15-2008, 05:39 PM
its good to see "gun free zones" keep us safe.
I always knew sacrificing my God given rights for security would pay off /end sarcasm