PDA

View Full Version : I just talked to the GOP... they'll help me

Rhys
02-15-2008, 05:21 PM
I just got off the phone with my area GOP chairman. He said that no one ran against our democrat incumbent to the US House last time. He said he'll introduce me to finance experts, someone who can help with voter research, and send me to candidate school! He said I'll probably be the only republican on the ballot, and he said getting on the ballot is the hardest part. (meetup will help, I hope)

I talked to a family member who's well connected in the community, and he's all behind me and gonna help raise money.

So I guess, I'm happy to say... I have no reason to not run for.... the United States of America's House of Representatives to Congress!

I don't know what to say... wait, I know...

Vote Rhys and God Bless America!

and I love Ron Paul. Who'da thunk it a year ago what we'd be doing today.

nate895
02-15-2008, 05:22 PM
What district and state?

thexjib
02-15-2008, 05:23 PM
woo hoo!

Rhys
i'm scared to say right now.... dunno if its a good idea

Redmenace
Run Rhys Run!

AdamT
02-15-2008, 05:33 PM
"Candidate school"? Fill us in.

angelatc
02-15-2008, 05:37 PM
My friend who ran for office said only answer the questionnaires for groups that agree with you politically. He said when you run, you get stacks and stacks of questionnaires from special interest groups, but if you answer them from groups like, say, teachers unions, they'll eat you alive if they find out you don't support their place at the trough.

bcreps85
02-15-2008, 05:38 PM
Good Luck! If you win you can liberty slap people!!!

Gtex
02-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Good Luck!

Rhys
02-15-2008, 05:44 PM
thanks everyone! First, no liberty slaping. Only liberty spreading!

Second, I'm not sure what candidate school is... I think it's where you get brainwashed and indoctrinated, and the sand critters take over your brain like in Star Trek. :P

I'll tell you more when I find out.

trapfive
02-15-2008, 05:45 PM
My friend who ran for office said only answer the questionnaires for groups that agree with you politically. He said when you run, you get stacks and stacks of questionnaires from special interest groups, but if you answer them from groups like, say, teachers unions, they'll eat you alive if they find out you don't support their place at the trough.

Just answer them the way the groups want them answered. It's the American way!!!! just kidding

Good Luck with your political future Rhys

RPTXState
02-15-2008, 05:48 PM
What district and State.

Good luck!

kathy88
02-15-2008, 05:55 PM
WOW! Kudos.

manny
02-15-2008, 05:59 PM
Good luck :) Have you seen that website - PaulCongress (can anyone help me out on its name - I can't remember exactly?) - as a focus point for those seeking election following Paul's conservative Republican stances?

In a great many places the GOP is starved of members and funds. A few committed freedom-loving Republicans in every county, slowly working their way through, having influence on the state parties etc will wield huge influence over time. The neo-cons have been working up to their current level of power for many years - they had patience. We need it too, in order to beat them.

WilliamC
02-15-2008, 06:00 PM
I just got off the phone with my area GOP chairman. He said that no one ran against our democrat incumbent to the US House last time. He said he'll introduce me to finance experts, someone who can help with voter research, and send me to candidate school! He said I'll probably be the only republican on the ballot, and he said getting on the ballot is the hardest part. (meetup will help, I hope)

I talked to a family member who's well connected in the community, and he's all behind me and gonna help raise money.

So I guess, I'm happy to say... I have no reason to not run for.... the United States of America's House of Representatives to Congress!

I don't know what to say... wait, I know...

Vote Rhys and God Bless America!

and I love Ron Paul. Who'da thunk it a year ago what we'd be doing today.

This is how the rEVOLution grows...

You sir are an inspiration to us all.

All I've done is join my County Republican Party and volunteer to work at the polls on our primary day.

I'll also be trying to become a delegate.

But running for Congress, that takes courage!

Thank You!

theseus51
02-15-2008, 06:03 PM
I don't know if it's the same thing, but my friend went to a Republican campaigning manager college thing. It's just about how to win races, like how to get your name out there, how to use positive and negative campaigning, how to spend your time, stuff like that.

nullvalu
02-15-2008, 06:09 PM
Wow good luck!

mysticgeek
02-15-2008, 06:11 PM
RUN RHYS RUN! Come on though! State? District?

dirknb@hotmail.com
02-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Buen suerte!

Rhys
02-15-2008, 06:18 PM
ok fine, Michigan's Fightin' 15th

mysticgeek
02-15-2008, 06:21 PM
GO Michigan!!!! Hook up with your meetup and take it for the revolution! When you get more info ... and an actual campaign started ... let us know! I will donate! I am not rich ... but I hope to give at least $10-25 to every RP Republican campaign.

sajorojas
02-15-2008, 06:21 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan's_15th_congressional_district

We'll get to put you in there! :D

pinkmandy
02-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Go Rhys!!!!!!!! *cheering loudly*

nate895
02-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Good luck, you'd be the first Republican ever from the district.

Rhys
02-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Good luck, you'd be the first Republican ever from the district.

ur tellin me. it's an uphill battle for sure.

me3
02-15-2008, 06:43 PM
ur tellin me. it's an uphill battle for sure.
Learn from the Ron Paul campaign. You will need precinct leaders, a GOTV database of supporters, and grassroots support.

Also learn from the Ron Paul campaign, try to sew up some conservative endorsements as early as possible, so you can address those local voter blocks and build momentum. You know the local churches, and others have probably been dying for a GOP candidate to get behind.

ShowMeLiberty
02-15-2008, 06:51 PM
thanks everyone! First, no liberty slaping. Only liberty spreading!

Second, I'm not sure what candidate school is... I think it's where you get brainwashed and indoctrinated, and the sand critters take over your brain like in Star Trek. :P

I'll tell you more when I find out.

You will not tell us more because by the time you know you'll be all brainwashed, indoctrinated and sand critter infested! :D

Seriously - you make us proud just for taking the chance. And you will have the resources and talents of the entire revolution to draw on. This is how the revolution will grow.

All the luck in the world to you!

Rhys
02-15-2008, 07:26 PM
again, thanks everyone. I'll definitely go to churches. The hardest part will be the huge voter turnout for the dems this year. I hope Ron Paul equalizes me in this liberal area. Like Ron Paul says, if my name is on the ballot, there's the risk that I might win! lol

freelance
02-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Best wishes on your run. Make us proud. Oh, and lie through your teeth to the GOP establishment until you get on the ballot! ;)

02-15-2008, 08:07 PM
Congratulations! This is how we change the country!

zadrock
02-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Dingell has been in office since 1955? Do the people there even realize that NOT voting for him is an option? lol

Good luck Rhys. It looks like I'm about to formally join the campaign team for Michael Hargadon (7th MD), which is a district that will be just as formidable. No GOP candidate in 2006 for us either.

Z

BrettCates
02-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Don't go to candidate school. Hire a campaign manager and organize a team. What county?

Rhys
02-15-2008, 08:24 PM
I'm in Washtenaw, the very most liberal. Honestly, I'm not sure if anyone does know they can vote for someone besides Dingell. They'll find out, soon enough. I talked to my grandfather who said "If you win, Old Man Dingel will be rolling in his grave." I hadn't realized, he meant Dingell's dad, who'd been in office since 1930.

sgrooms
02-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Please give me some information on the candidate school when you find out. I am running for Arizona's 5th in four years, and would like to start getting prepared.

dawnbt
02-15-2008, 09:08 PM

MI!! Woot Woot! Damn, Im the fighting 12th! What area is that? I'm sure I'll meet-up will help you out!

dawnbt
02-15-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm in Washtenaw, the very most liberal. Honestly, I'm not sure if anyone does know they can vote for someone besides Dingell. They'll find out, soon enough. I talked to my grandfather who said "If you win, Old Man Dingel will be rolling in his grave." I hadn't realized, he meant Dingell's dad, who'd been in office since 1930.

OOOO Dingle! Knock that elitest a-hole out of the park! I will definately help you if I can. I'm in Macomb though.

slantedview
02-15-2008, 09:13 PM
good luck man.

for liberty :)