PDA

View Full Version : The Open Source Campaign

robatsu
08-13-2007, 07:06 PM
The other day, after some thinking about the unofficial RP campaign, I got this blurb on lewrockwell.com. (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/014636.html)

After some more thinking, it occurred to me that this idea might be a way to get some free publicity, the similarities between the RP unofficial campaign and the open source movement. Obviously, all sorts of sociological/technological angles, coupled with the "colorful, straight out of the 19th century" Ron Paul, can provide a journalist with a lot of opportunity for blather, plus the opportunity to write about RP w/out having to boost or assassinate the guy. Journalists love this tech/sociology convergence subject, then combined with politics, well, you see.

Plus, in the event a few stories with that spin get published, somehow teaming RP w/the open source concept, it is only halo effect - open source are the good guys, against the dark forces of greed and corporatism.

Anyhow, all I'm suggesting is that anyone who thinks this is a valid concept, spread the meme around a little when you get the chance in some of your blogging, etc. Some journalist, who love stories handed to them, will eventually stumble across it, pick it up and do a writeup of the concept.